Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default UL short rewiev (+ new items from Mimic)

So, there is not update enhancements tree in this patch.
    SSG just add some domain. You can select only one domain at 2nd cleric level. I really hope for new feat that allow you get 2nd domain (but this will never happen).

So what about current domain:
    Spellpower:
    Air, Earth, Fire: allow you use elemental spell power for light. (I really want to test spell crit and spell crit multiplier for this but I don't have enough time. RAW says only about spell power.) And one interesting things, this domain power don't work with utterdark (you always use light spellpower for blast, but this things work with pact and additional light damage).

Spells:
    Death: cooldown for Destruction 12 sec (20 mana). I think with 6 sec it would be more interesting.
    Luck: displacement at 5 lvl, and no auto fail save at 1 (So before I drop DDO almost 40% of my save roll were 1...)
    Trickery: Charm Monster mass and dc for this... (but i really think that wizard will be more efficient for this). Also contain CHA boost.

Boost:
    Knowledge: interesting for boost dc for wizards and Know the Angles (some will get boost for damage and attack)
    Magic: spellpower boost for party.
    War: I think this is the most interesting domain (ML/RP, Tactic DC, holy sword)... But you need only 14 cleric, because warpriest tree is useless compare to kensai...

IMHO:
    So this domains above the average. There is only one interesting domain for me: War (if SSG update warpriest that would be great). If spell crit profile and utterdark will work with Earth/Fire domain that would be great too.
    Not listed domains are useless.
    Wiki page.
    Standing stone has no soul.

So no new cosmetics for characters to wear?

They should have at least had the Taken Cookie available for purchase for funzies.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    So no new cosmetics for characters to wear?

They should have at least had the Taken Cookie available for purchase for funzies.
    There are some Coin pets (bronze, silver, gold, plat). Need 100 Tokens for each (1 mimic = 1 token).
    Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    I don't think you get a choice.. you are Rys's minion..

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    There are some Coin pets (bronze, silver, gold, plat). Need 100 Tokens for each (1 mimic = 1 token).
    That's nice, I'll probably try to get one for my Hagglebard because it makes sense. But I'm still disappointed we're not getting any wearable cosmetics.

I posted several ideas in an earlier thread of my own and then again in my cosmetics thread. Such as:

Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    That's nice, I'll probably try to get one for my Hagglebard because it makes sense. But I'm still disappointed we're not getting any wearable cosmetics.

I posted several ideas in an earlier thread of my own and then again in my cosmetics thread. Such as:
    I would really like those, but not holding my breath.

Community Member

Any testing on the necklace as to which if any of those affect UMD? or does alluring not mean the same thing as cha?

Quote Originally Posted by Cantor View Post
    Any testing on the necklace as to which if any of those affect UMD? or does alluring not mean the same thing as cha?
    Given the nomenclature for +charisma items it had better include UMD, or they need to change the name. The naming system in this game is confusing enough for people without using the same word to mean something that is only partially linked to the same thing. Call it social not alluring if it doesn't include all charisma linked skills but does include the bluff/intimidate and so on.

But I do like the actual items.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge
    Quote Originally Posted by Amundir View Post
    My words are great. Even out of context.

What is UL and how and where do i get these items??

The "UL" refers to the original poster, i.e. ramzes7asit4, its his 'DDO Wiki' username: http://ddowiki.com/page/User:UL

Quote Originally Posted by awar1234 View Post
    What is UL and how and where do i get these items??
    Currently you can only get those items by participation in the "Mimic Hunt" only currently open on the Lamannia server: http://ddowiki.com/page/Update_36_na...c_Hunt_rewards

Community Member

Was on lamma at open and Cocomajobo was around to talk about some stuff. According to coco (if I get any of this wrong, I apologize):

The domains that let you use the better of 2 spellpowers does not apply to crit chance.

The necklace should apply to umd, but is currently bugged and doesn't. Also, the numbers are incorrect.

The wis or cha to attack and damage for favored soul applies as long as your fvs level is at least half your heroic level. IE a level 30 with 10 fvs levels will qualify, but an 8/6/6 split will not.

Mimics won't spawn if you're... I think it was 4 levels? above the quest in heroics. Otherwise, your relative level vs quest level shouldn't affect mimic spawn rates.

From my testing in ehard lords of dust, the goo guard effect has a 6 sec duration, had ~50% uptime, and affected orange names but not red names. Also, kind of cool: you can give mimics that sticky goo stuff to pay them back for the years of making us sticky .
    Last edited by peng; 09-07-2017 at 01:09 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by dunklezhan View Post
    Given the nomenclature for +charisma items it had better include UMD, or they need to change the name. The naming system in this game is confusing enough for people without using the same word to mean something that is only partially linked to the same thing. Call it social not alluring if it doesn't include all charisma linked skills but does include the bluff/intimidate and so on.

But I do like the actual items.
    The necklace looks good, really good if all tiers affect UMD. I just don't see how it could be all tiers to UMD though. I was thinking maybe the the base effect was only one that affected UMD since the insightful goes up faster... or maybe that's just throwing a bone to people with heroic GS cha skill items. Either way, if it affects UMD it's amazing, if not kinda niche.
    edit: Peng cleared this up some, above.

The cloak had a cool unique effect, but terrible stats.

The belt is pretty useful for just about anyone.

The acid potion similar to the mabar light potion is cool too, maybe they could add a acid spell power pot too.

Quote Originally Posted by Cantor View Post
    The necklace looks good, really good if all tiers affect UMD.
    It doesn't affect UMD.

does the necklace affect improved feint & shiv?
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links. LONG LIVE STEALTH!
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main) and some others typically parked at some level to help guildies and other players

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ramzes7asit4 View Post
    Just one note that I'm posting here in the last place a dev will look for it, but the bug report form is still painfully tedious to use:

All those items don't display the minimum level properly in the normal place - it's in their title but not below the title where items normally say their minimum level. It makes them all look like ML1 items that just have different names.
    Nistafa on Khyber

Staggering
    Pale Fox

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    It doesn't affect UMD.
    Bluff, Intimidate and Diplomacy only then?

But does it stack with the normal items, if not the numbers are low.

Edit:
    To bad the Sticky Goo is a guard, would have loved it as a % proc on my attacks.

Will prob farm some items, not yet sure what.

The DR does not scale prop into high levels, at level 28 it should be DR60/lawful nowadays:
    level 28 -> 60
    level 24 -> 50
    level 20 -> 40
    level 16 -> 30
    level 12 -> 20
    level 08 -> 10
    level 04 -> 05
    Last edited by LightBear; 09-08-2017 at 04:58 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by LightBear View Post
    Bluff, Intimidate and Diplomacy only then?
    Don't forget Perform! Getting ever higher DCs on Bard abilities (and a little more sonic spell power) isn't an awful thing to look for.

Community Member thomascoolone64's Avatar

These items are useless to test if we cannot loggin
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post

"Ignore the text in the Lamannia launcher claiming to be from Middle Earth. Wat?"

Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar

I like these! Wish there were more cosmetics, but I'll probably look for at least a few copies of the Cloak and the Belt - ML4 it's pretty gross, and not too bad at higher levels. Depends on how easy the event is. And maybe like a lot of the Caustic pots for use just after TRing. Does anyone know if they work like new guild buffs or old ones? IE do they go away on death or time out in public etc?
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.

Community Member thomascoolone64's Avatar

I like the Caustic Oil Pot!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post

"Ignore the text in the Lamannia launcher claiming to be from Middle Earth. Wat?"

Quote Originally Posted by thomascoolone64 View Post
    I like the Caustic Oil Pot!
    Sure, because another 1-6 damage is going to be an incredible boon in reaper.

The HP belt looks interesting to me. I like to make a HGS belt for HP, and the L4 and L8 versions of the HP belt should be a nice step up to it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast