Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Heroic Transmuting Platinum not working?

I've been giving my wonderfully lucky drop of Crushing Capital a spin on my druid. I know that there's a bunch of factors at work (namely, there are a bunch of different weapons with the same title, wild shape, and non-proficiency), but I have not, in well over a thousand hits, seen a proc or even a save that I'm certain came from this effect. With a DC of 35 in heroic, I would expect, even on a 1ish% chance, to see some pretty frequent procs in an hour or two of play with cleaves and zerging enemies. I can't really viably run not in wild shape, so I can't say for certain, but I hopped into an R5 Haverdasher just to wail on things and wasn't able to, in around ~100 hits, see a single save with no effects from abilities besides regular hits and cleaves. I also only saw the additional 2d6 dice- I never saw the Smashing 5d6 dice pop up either. Is this broken? If so, please let it be a bug with the effect and not the weapons that can be fixed behind the scenes. I don't want to have to farm for another Crushing Capital with my abysmal loot luck. It's a shame because this is a very cool weapon with its platinum sheen and glow effect, but kind of underperforming without its effects.
    I primarily play Zunzyne Siegemaker, and am the guild master of Ares Macrotechnology on Ghallanda.
    Reaper Experience Calculator: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...ewE/edit#gid=0 (out of date as of U42.4, needs testing for new values)

Quote Originally Posted by CSQ View Post
    I've been giving my wonderfully lucky drop of Crushing Capital a spin on my druid. I know that there's a bunch of factors at work (namely, there are a bunch of different weapons with the same title, wild shape, and non-proficiency), but I have not, in well over a thousand hits, seen a proc or even a save that I'm certain came from this effect. With a DC of 35 in heroic, I would expect, even on a 1ish% chance, to see some pretty frequent procs in an hour or two of play with cleaves and zerging enemies. I can't really viably run not in wild shape, so I can't say for certain, but I hopped into an R5 Haverdasher just to wail on things and wasn't able to, in around ~100 hits, see a single save with no effects from abilities besides regular hits and cleaves. I also only saw the additional 2d6 dice- I never saw the Smashing 5d6 dice pop up either. Is this broken? If so, please let it be a bug with the effect and not the weapons that can be fixed behind the scenes. I don't want to have to farm for another Crushing Capital with my abysmal loot luck. It's a shame because this is a very cool weapon with its platinum sheen and glow effect, but kind of underperforming without its effects.
    This is very disappointing to hear, because I was having the same problem on the first preview of lamannia...

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    I'm not saying TRing isn't optional but its kind of optional in the way that defeating the waves in Devil Assault are optional.
    Smuggler's Rest sheet music || "Smash and Burn" dice puzzle solver

Systems Designer

Blargh! I thought I fixed this - apparently not I'll take a look asap!
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

"Have you tried preproccing feat directory?"

Systems Designer

Fixed internally, will be in an upcoming patch!

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Nice!

Hopefully you are aware also that entropic damage on heroic blackrazor is bugged? Most mobs immune against it.

Community Member

I'm normally a curmudgeon and like to complain rather than praise, but... you rock! I wish SSG had a few more of you.

Squirrel Enthusiast Lokeal_The_Flame's Avatar

I thought it was already fixed....... so can you do the people who spent time farming said items a solid?

Many of us already fed said items to sentient weapons after finding their proc chance inadequate, when you fix this.... can you please double their drop rate for a week?

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Kza View Post
    Nice!

Hopefully you are aware also that entropic damage on heroic blackrazor is bugged? Most mobs immune against it.
    Poking around, I appear to have set up the mutation for untyped damage, made the untyped damage effect, and then... just... not connected those two dots. Whoops. It's currently doing evil damage (the default, if you can believe it), which I suppose is semi-thematic. I've fixed it to be Bane for the next patch.

Poking around, I appear to have set up the mutation for untyped damage, made the untyped damage effect, and then... just... not connected those two dots. Whoops. It's currently doing evil damage (the default, if you can believe it), which I suppose is semi-thematic. I've fixed it to be Bane for the next patch.
    Will we have to get a new Blackrazor after that patch or will the patch also fix the ones that have already been found?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    This^, in so many words, is how you say time and feedback on Lamannia are wasted.

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    Will we have to get a new Blackrazor after that patch or will the patch also fix the ones that have already been found?
    Update in place. The only thing we generally can't update in place without a serious gamebreaking reason is, annoyingly, which specific effects are on a weapon. DDO's effects cache on items in circulation, so changing the base item to have different enchantments = bad news. Changing what those enchantments do = generally pretty ok

Update in place. The only thing we generally can't update in place without a serious gamebreaking reason is, annoyingly, which specific effects are on a weapon. DDO's effects cache on items in circulation, so changing the base item to have different enchantments = bad news. Changing what those enchantments do = generally pretty ok
    Excellent. Looks like I'll be farming for Blackrazor this weekend after all.

Thanks!
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    This^, in so many words, is how you say time and feedback on Lamannia are wasted.

Community Member

Evil damage or negative? If I'm not mistaken, most mobs in DDO are not immune to evil damage, but the Kza said that most mobs seemed to be immune to the proc.

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by LT218 View Post
    Evil damage or negative? If I'm not mistaken, most mobs in DDO are not immune to evil damage, but the Kza said that most mobs seemed to be immune to the proc.
    Evil damage, not negative. If it were Negative, it would be healing Undead, which is a very visible tell.

Community Member

Evil damage, not negative. If it were Negative, it would be healing Undead, which is a very visible tell.
    Interesting.

Is there something unique to WPM mobs that makes them immune to evil damage or is this a different type of evil from what the Utterdark Blast in Warlock's Tainted Scholar tree gives or was Kza mistaken about most of the mobs being immune to it? It's been a while, but I'm pretty sure that the last time I ran a warlock, very few mobs were resistant or immune to evil from Utterdark.

The Utterdark Blast description is:
    Utterdark Blast: Eldritch Essence Stance: Your Eldritch Blast base damage is now Evil instead of Force.
    (Evil Damage from spells is usually boosted by alignment-based Spell power, and normally deals full damage to enemies regardless of enemy alignment, though particular enemies may have special defenses
    Last edited by LT218; 07-20-2018 at 02:35 PM.

Systems Designer

Interesting. Is there something unique to WPM mobs that makes them immune to evil damage or is this a different type of evil from what the Utterdark Blast in Warlock's Tainted Scholar tree gives or was Kza mistaken about most of the mobs being immune to it?

The Utterdark Blast description is:
    Utterdark Blast: Eldritch Essence Stance: Your Eldritch Blast base damage is now Evil instead of Force.
    (Evil Damage from spells is usually boosted by alignment-based Spell power, and normally deals full damage to enemies regardless of enemy alignment, though particular enemies may have special defenses
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.

Community Member

Surely, you can't give that answer without then going down the rabbit hole and looking up how many kinds of evil damage there actually are?

Surely, you can't give that answer without then going down the rabbit hole and looking up how many kinds of evil damage there actually are?
    Indeed.

Enquiring DDO minds want to know!

So awesome. Thanks alot, you and the other developers are true gold.

Have a great weekend and a well earned rest. :-)

Bit off topic, but speaking about Evil damage, it seems for example Kobolds are immune to evil damage from Nightmother throwing daggers.
    Is this WAI?

I remember some dev years ago commenting (I think it was about MotU), that evil creatures are not immune to evil damage, and that resisting evil damage is rather rare.

Community Member

I don't know why, but this line had me lol for a full minute

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast