Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Community Manager

Default Downtime Notice: Wednesday, August 31st 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT)

UPDATE: The game worlds have reopened.

The DDO game worlds will be unavailable on Wednesday, August 31st from 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) to release Update 56: Archetypes and Archvillains. The release notes can be found on DDO.com.
    Last edited by Cordovan; 08-31-2022 at 12:14 PM.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

I was just about to ask about the maintenance window. I have nothing nice to say about the speed at which this update was shoveled at us so I will say nothing else.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    I was just about to ask about the maintenance window. I have nothing nice to say about the speed at which this update was shoveled at us so I will say nothing else.
    Based on the Lam feedback it makes you wonder who this update is for. I don't think as many people hate it as the ED revamp (I could be wrong) but certainly not as many people are as excited by it. And it doesn't seem to be required to support the next release (like the ED revamp was to support the level increase). I am ambivalent on it except I greatly appreciate the bank UI revamp. I am now not dreading the Iconic TR I have planned for this week and dealing with the TR cache.

So bank change will come tomorrow? I hope you have a good backup system installed. There will probably be people with pitchforks and torches camping out in front of your offices, if something goes wrong.
    Good luck.

Cheers,
    Titus
    Last edited by TitusOvid; 08-30-2022 at 05:46 PM.
    Playing since 2010 | Don't do the fun wrong | New to Orien? Join the ingame Titan Channel | Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder | Deutscher DDO Discord | Orien Raiding Discord | Toons: Titus Ovid , Bruder, Upload, Zzed, (Rubbel)

Default Noway this can bug

Lets be positive, if we loose things we'll have a reason to refarm it. its genius move.

Thougt you were more a half-full glass guy O Mighty Titus my Beloved Leader.
    Wamdalee - Orien - Full Completionnist
    Gromulf - Orien - Rerol

Quote Originally Posted by TitusOvid View Post
    So bank change will come tomorrow? I hope you have a good backup system installed. There will probably be people with pitchforks and torches camping out in front of your offices, if something goes wrong.
    Good luck.

Cheers,
    Titus
    Uhg. Now I'm even more concerned.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

If no notes can be posted today due to a technical issue, yet posting a post is not affected by a technical issue, else you can't post; this may suggest that there's other changes that have been "added" since Preview 3 on Lam.

Get ready for some surprises everyone...(!)

J1NG
    Thelanis: Yijing (*Completionist* TR 20 Aasimar Scourge Monk Level 20 / Epic Level 10)
    Thelanis: Pocket-Monks: Sightblur, Peashoote, Jigglypath, Jedinja.
    Invisible Fences, unkillable Target Practice Dummy's, Shared Bank's, Pale Lavender Ioun Stones, the dimensional barrier between Eberron and Shavarath, I've broken them all...

Quote Originally Posted by FatBudScream View Post
    Lets be positive, if we loose things we'll have a reason to refarm it. its genius move.

Thougt you were more a half-full glass guy O Mighty Titus my Beloved Leader.
    In everything but SSG, lolz.
    Sorry SSG folks.

Cheers,
    Titus.
    Playing since 2010 | Don't do the fun wrong | New to Orien? Join the ingame Titan Channel | Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder | Deutscher DDO Discord | Orien Raiding Discord | Toons: Titus Ovid , Bruder, Upload, Zzed, (Rubbel)

Hopefully, a few more cheerful things have been added to the patch notes come tomorrow based on the feedback received.

- Obviously, we wont have a storage update without some real improvements in terms of actual storage. All current shared bank slots are being doubled. E.g., if you currently have 200 slots in the shared bank you now have 400. Also, the price of shared bank slots and character bank slots have been reduced significantly.

- Further, all minor artifacts and many older raid items (3+ years old) have been made BtA.

- On further reflection the nerf to FvS (and Clerics) was too much. Holy Smite is now 1d6+6, and AoV cores 1, 3 and 5 add +1 caster level while all AoV cores add +1 max caster level.

- We hear you on Sonic Blast. It is not being nerfed and thus remain AoE. Instead Lightning Strike from Stormsinger does not proc from Sonic Blast. That was, afterall, the real issue.

- Aasimar. Back to 7 total but we had to nerf the recharge, sorry, it was just too good.

- ToEE. We really want you guys to run these so we gave them really good xp. And by really good we mean really, really good. So go forth and enjoy these quests with excellent xp rewards. We do expect to have to reduce this down the line but for now we just want to make sure you swarm these quests.

and probably a few more changes from the Lam notes to cheer things up.
    Member of Spellswords on Ghallanda

Default Trusty the clown

Quote Originally Posted by TitusOvid View Post
    In everything but SSG, lolz.
    Sorry SSG folks.
    You can trust ALL the french players of Orien to be sure there will be no issue.
    No item magically disappearing in aether, no items stuck on a slot, no non-tradeable items, no BT/BTC hiccups.
    All is ok.

This message is french government approved. (^-^)b
    Wamdalee - Orien - Full Completionnist
    Gromulf - Orien - Rerol

Quote Originally Posted by mikarddo View Post
    Hopefully, a few more cheerful things have been added to the patch notes come tomorrow based on the feedback received.

- Obviously, we wont have a storage update without some real improvements in terms of actual storage. All current shared bank slots are being doubled. E.g., if you currently have 200 slots in the shared bank you now have 400. Also, the price of shared bank slots and character bank slots have been reduced significantly.

- Further, all minor artifacts and many older raid items (3+ years old) have been made BtA.

- On further reflection the nerf to FvS (and Clerics) was too much. Holy Smite is now 1d6+6, and AoV cores 1, 3 and 5 add +1 caster level while all AoV cores add +1 max caster level.

- We hear you on Sonic Blast. It is not being nerfed and thus remain AoE. Instead Lightning Strike from Stormsinger does not proc from Sonic Blast. That was, afterall, the real issue.

- Aasimar. Back to 7 total but we had to nerf the recharge, sorry, it was just too good.

- ToEE. We really want you guys to run these so we gave them really good xp. And by really good we mean really, really good. So go forth and enjoy these quests with excellent xp rewards. We do expect to have to reduce this down the line but for now we just want to make sure you swarm these quests.

How can I vote for you?

Cheers,
    Titus.

Community Manager

I specifically can't get the release notes published until tomorrow due to a one-off hardware issue, but yes, this is the update to Temple of Elemental Evil, the updated Character Bank, Shared Bank, and Reincarnation Cache, and the debut of the three initial (and free!) Archetypes! The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently. We'll have a landing page on DDO.com up tomorrow as well.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by mikarddo View Post

SSG should hire you to save the game.
    Khyber: Main Nicodemous Alt: Ichuck

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently. We'll have a landing page on DDO.com up tomorrow as well.
    This really should have been part of the OP to be honest from the get go if that was the case.

However, I will still not expect everything in notes to be what is found in game, as there's unfortunate history of this repeating itself over and over again. Will monitor for unusual stuff as usual and keep the more juicy bugs/exploits for personal testing use.

I am looking forward to the Sacred Fist though, and have some nice ideas for it that I can build on one of the part time actor (non main or even secondary) accounts.

J1NG
    Thelanis: Yijing (*Completionist* TR 20 Aasimar Scourge Monk Level 20 / Epic Level 10)
    Thelanis: Pocket-Monks: Sightblur, Peashoote, Jigglypath, Jedinja.
    Invisible Fences, unkillable Target Practice Dummy's, Shared Bank's, Pale Lavender Ioun Stones, the dimensional barrier between Eberron and Shavarath, I've broken them all...

Community Member

Default Can not understand why this nerf update is happening in middle of HC6

So silly. This update stopped any more spending from me on this game. Now do I cancel go ahead and cancel vip? Idk, see how I feel in the morning.

Community Member

Can you lesser reincarnate into an archetype? Do I need a plus Heart of Wood for each class level?

2016 DDO Players Council
    Resident Blue Dragon
    Hero of the Flame

Quote Originally Posted by Urklore View Post
    Can you lesser reincarnate into an archetype? Do I need a plus Heart of Wood for each class level?
    You should be able to reincarnate into an archetype with a +0 heart of wood as long as your character is the base class of whatever the archetype is. Otherwise if you're a Fighter for example, you'd need a +X heart of wood to get the levels of whatever class the archetype belongs to.

I really appreciate SSG for trolling its own Hardcore players with this update. You guys are really crushing it--the player base. You're crushing the player base.
    Epicsoul | Omnisoul | Soul - Assistant to the Regional Manager of Lava Divers (2020-Present | Regional Manager of Lava Divers (2021-2022)
    Need to contact the Lava Divers of Khyber? DM our HR Department on Discord: Epicsoul (Epicsoul#3214)

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The DDO game worlds will be unavailable on Wednesday, August 31st from 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) to release Update 56: Archetypes and Archvillains. The release notes will be available on Wednesday due to a technical issue today.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Epicsoul View Post
    I really appreciate SSG for trolling its own Hardcore players with this update. You guys are really crushing it--the player base. You're crushing the player base.
    I about fell outa my chair after I read this. lol

Nico
    Khyber: Main Nicodemous Alt: Ichuck

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast