Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Tamburro
    how many critters have metal type bypasses only?
    I am going to try my best at this from memory for metal-only DR bypasses (aka, I will forget a few).

Adamantine:
    • Iron Golems
    • Flesh Golems
    • Stone Golems
    • Various Adamantine Defenders

Byeshk:
    • Mind Flayers

Cold Iron:
    • Bralani
    • Ghaele

Mithril:
    • Stormreaver

Silver:
    • Bearded Devils
    • Orthons
    • Vampires

Some named monsters of said monster races possess more complex DR, such as the vampire in The Shadow Crypt (Magic, Adamantine, Silver).
    Server - Thelanis
    Diaries of a True Reincarnate (Wizard, Sorcerer, Melee, Divine, Artificer, Druid)

Community Member

nvm
    Last edited by Aspenor; 04-06-2009 at 09:33 PM.

I like the change.
    Server: Ghallanda
    Characters: Wigs (FvS) / Wigz (Acrobat/Ninja)
    Guild: Ravensguard

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    Huh? Pretty much all the changes I saw really help the casual Gamer....
    Not in anyway shape or form. Nerf of transmutting makes it hard for us casual gamers to fight sorjerk amoung many baddies in this game. Concider the fact that the loot system is so screwed in this game, GS and transmuters are the only thing to allow balance for the casual gamer.

What did They lie about?
    Answered in other thread.

In what regard? Seems amny changes that were made were in response to many folks asking for the situation to be balacned..... although not what iwouldof done in many cases, I can see why they did what they did.
    Changes made by, surprise, the power gamer because they want it harder. You want it harder, dont use your GS, dont use your DT armour, dont use anything high end that casual gamers might see 1 of in a years time. I've been playing for 2+ years and still have not pulled a Bloodstone, Chaos Gaurd, Planar Girdil or icy rainments.

Oh, I'm sure they coudl think of much more stuff to balance or change....
    Nah, screwing the casual gamer is much more fun for them. The sooner they can kill of this game, the happier they'll be.

Like? Just because they didnt consult you personally doesnt mean the change didnt get thunk about.
    No, because they simply never think of what the overall affect of their changes will have those of us with limited time to play.
    Server: Thelanis Name: Treadwolf Guild: Storm Lords Level: 10/TR Raistlynwolf -18th lvl Wizzy, Testwolf- 17th Rog/Ftr(13/4), Caramonwolf, Capped Ftr, W T H, Capped 12/6/2 Ranger/Fighter/Monk. Taniswolf 17 Monk C2Q6600@3.0 8GB DDR2 250GB/Win7U 64bit, 80GB/VistaU 64bit eVGA GXT260OC eVGA 780i FTW 24" widescreen HD HDCP

Quote Originally Posted by wiglin View Post
    I like the change.

Spoken like a power gamer who wants things made harder.
    Server: Thelanis Name: Treadwolf Guild: Storm Lords Level: 10/TR Raistlynwolf -18th lvl Wizzy, Testwolf- 17th Rog/Ftr(13/4), Caramonwolf, Capped Ftr, W T H, Capped 12/6/2 Ranger/Fighter/Monk. Taniswolf 17 Monk C2Q6600@3.0 8GB DDR2 250GB/Win7U 64bit, 80GB/VistaU 64bit eVGA GXT260OC eVGA 780i FTW 24" widescreen HD HDCP

Default Transmuting

Bottom Line Is It Should Not Be Nerfed And Yes I Will Vote Not For Turbine In The March Meyhem Thing

/sighned Do Not Nerf Shroud Items They Are Powerful Because They Are Supposed To Be. Thats Why It Is Called Crafting.
    i have typos i know i dont care. if i did i would fix them.
    descartes 16 rgr
    exturnal combustion 16 sorc (has risen)

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by xman26 View Post
    Not in anyway shape or form. Nerf of transmutting makes it hard for us casual gamers to fight sorjerk amoung many baddies in this game. Concider the fact that the loot system is so screwed in this game, GS and transmuters are the only thing to allow balance for the casual gamer.

Sorjek? The Lich? Liches only need magic+Bludgening to break DR..... You dotn have a +1 Holy Mace?
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

I like this change alot because it makes alot of sense... even though I have invested heavily into Serrulae's for my tactic based/oriented characters.

Community Member

Huh? Pretty much all the changes I saw really help the casual Gamer....
    The transmuting nerf is probably one of the most significant hits to casual gamers in quite some time. A +4 or +5 transmuter was behind a min 2, but not by that much. Now, there is no substitute for min 2/silver or transmuting of pg(which is fairly rare and expensive already, will be getting even more so now) and barring some other change to boss devil dr, makes taking pug melees into Shroud/Vod/the new raid an even riskier proposition.

Default Shroud

When exactly did the devs say Transmuting would never change? I dont ever remeber it even coming up in conversation....
    IN A RELEASE NOT WHEN sos CAME OUT THE DEVS SAID THE SHROUD CRAFTING SYSTEM WILL NOT BE LEVERAGED WITH THE RELEASE OF MOD 9 BASED SOLEY ON THE AMOUT OF EFFORT PLAYERS PUTINTO MAKING THEM.
    descartes 16 rgr

Default what

Quote Originally Posted by Inspire View Post
    I like this change alot because it makes alot of sense... even though I have invested heavily into Serrulae's for my tactic based/oriented characters.
    how does this make sense pls tell me this ought to be good ./sarcasm
    descartes 16 rgr

As a casual gamer who has been playing since release, i can't say that i'm too upset. I don't have and have never had a W/P weapon, and have been kicked out of groups and mocked for not owning one. Not that i personally give a ****, but that attitude is what makes casual gamers not want to play, instead of changes made tot he game that make sense. I have yet to catch turbine in a lie, and any perceived nerfs (i don't see the transmuting changes as being a nerf as much as a redefinition that makes more sense) are worth the new quests and areas, prestige enhancements, four levels to play, and all the rest. Because for me, it's about having a good time playing a game i enjoy, as opposed to being "elite" and having to have all the best toys.

and i belong to an elite guild, mind you, full of people that love to beat new challenges and find new ways to thrive, instead of whining about it and calling people names.
    All the zombie apocalypse you can handle!
    Quote Originally Posted by MerlinSylver View Post
    Granted... but my point is when the Universe gives you the Finger, there is no saving throw.

a +5 holy bludgen weapon is just slightly behind a mineral 2 slasher, if you're not seeing the acid dice. And when you factor in the DR, the non GS actually wins.

If you're really anal about doing the most damage possible, then simply craft a triple positive or radiance item liches. triple positive is cheap enough. Radiance isnt, but you would see a tad more damage with it.
    Shadowsteel [TR train wreck]

Quote Originally Posted by xman26 View Post
    Totally disagree. It is the only thing that helps the casual gamer compete with the vast majotiry of the power gamers in this game.

Casual gamer = 10hr or less play time/week
    Power Gamer = 15 or more hours per week.

And this game has a population of roughly 90% power gamers.
    Where are you getting your #s from. They said on the news a few months back that one of the alarming issues with MMOs is the AVERAGE player plays 30+hrs a week. Not a power gammer but the AVERAGE player. And that hardcore people play 60-80hrs a week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    *pokes the patch with a stick* get out there you,
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    We were pretty up front that the twf update was going to be a nerf regardless of lag or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Um, I'm almost afraid to ask, but exactly just what is 'sneak humping'?

Quote Originally Posted by ducetrae View Post
    IN A RELEASE NOT WHEN sos CAME OUT THE DEVS SAID THE SHROUD CRAFTING SYSTEM WILL NOT BE LEVERAGED WITH THE RELEASE OF MOD 9 BASED SOLEY ON THE AMOUT OF EFFORT PLAYERS PUTINTO MAKING THEM.
    For the record, this affects all transmuting weapons not just Greensteel crafted Mineral(2)s.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ducetrae View Post
    Your use of Caps makes it easier to disregard you as a Berk.
    Phoenix Crusaders Kobacious Kobs Kobie Anzac-Aundair Testcase Kobdog Inkobnito

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCalico View Post
    Where are you getting your #s from. They said on the news a few months back that one of the alarming issues with MMOs is the AVERAGE player plays 30+hrs a week. Not a power gammer but the AVERAGE player. And that hardcore people play 60-80hrs a week.

Average Asain player, sure I can believe that. American, I seriously have my doubts.

Default tranny

Quote Originally Posted by Inspire View Post
    For the record, this affects all transmuting weapons not just Greensteel crafted Mineral(2)s.
    i know but i can understand noemal loot nerf but raidgear and crafted items should not be subject to such things
    descartes 16 rgr

Quote Originally Posted by SimVerg
    Now, there is no substitute for min 2/silver or transmuting of pg(which is fairly rare and expensive already, will be getting even more so now) and barring some other change to boss devil dr, makes taking pug melees into Shroud/Vod/the new raid an even riskier proposition.
    People seemed to do fine before transmuting was even in DDO (Flesh Renders/Ice Flensers/Fire Reavers from Elite Invaders runs). I'm sure they will find plenty of ways to adapt. Also, given the cap being increased by 4 levels, survivability and resource pools will go up making the Shroud/VoD problems lessened.
    Server - Thelanis
    Diaries of a True Reincarnate (Wizard, Sorcerer, Melee, Divine, Artificer, Druid)

Sorjek? The Lich? Liches only need magic+Bludgening to break DR..... You dotn have a +1 Holy Mace?

No, and you can add it to the list of things I never see. Loot tables being as fubar'd as they are.

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast