Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by changelingamuck View Post
    Thank you. Personally, I think they're fine as daily dice rewards. If they were put in the DDO store though, that would be the kind of shift in monetization that would make me strongly question keeping with the game. So, I really hope that doesn't change.
    I do not get the outrage over these potions of discovery. I agree with silinteresting.

but also why does it make a difference if they are confined to daily rolls? If people want them, should they not just be able to buy them rather than buying astral shards for a chance to roll for them?

ssg does not have any responsibility to disclose the % drop rates for named/raid items and I wish they would not.

From Steelstar:

The general numbers we’ve used for getting the Named Loot Table in the last few years’ worth of updates:

Normal/Epic Normal: 10%
    Hard/Epic Hard: 16%
    Elite/Epic Elite: 33%

Reaper boosts Elite’s numbers by 1% per skull, I believe.

The potions directly add to those numbers, so a 5% potion would push each of those up by 5.
    Sev~

How is it that we get drop rates so suddenly, when in the past Turbine/SSG have declined publishing them over and over after many, many requests? Lol

Also Reaper 10 is a 43% chance to pull a named item? Hmmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    I don't think you get a choice.. you are Rys's minion..

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Graskitch View Post
    I do not get the outrage over these potions of discovery. I agree with silinteresting.

but also why does it make a difference if they are confined to daily rolls? If people want them, should they not just be able to buy them rather than buying astral shards for a chance to roll for them?

ssg does not have any responsibility to disclose the % drop rates for named/raid items and I wish they would not.
    Why not just put the raid loot in the store directly? If people want them, should they not be able to just buy the raid loot directly from the DDO Store?

(And the sad thing is that I don't think you'd have a problem with SSG selling raid loot outright in the DDO store)
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    3 rerolls already increases your chance by 300%.
    This. These new elixirs aren't game-changing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    Yeah, duping and raid timer bypass never hurt anyone either.
    Duping is really a separate topic. I'd basically say that duping is theft and is bad for paying customer players. I'd be inclined to say it's bad for SSG but I can also see why they might have turned a blind eye to it for a while in the past.

As for all the things we affectionately refer to as P2W, I've personally had a hard time reconciling it in my mind. But it is definitely part of the revenue model and has been since before I joined. Part of me would like to declare it "bad" or "evil" but I don't have enough information to do so. For all I know, without it there would not be enough revenue to keep putting out new content, or the game might have disappeared completely at this point. But in short I don't see the new pots being all that different from "p2w" stuff that is already available.

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    The drop rates on items are definitely worse in many of the recent raids than they've been in the past and the drop rate for tomes is MUCH worse than they used to be (even when you ignore the fact that so many of the tomes are "upgrade tomes" that we can't actually use most of the time).
    The drop rates in Ravenloft quests (which is where the most powerful items today reside) are quite good. I don't know about the raids.

I have been rerolling 3 times in every Ravenloft chest I open, and I almost always see one named item doing this (not always the named item I'm looking for, of course), so it appears to be like a 20% chance to get a named item in Ravenloft on elite/reaper 1.

Edit: Ah, I see above that the chance is 33% for elite. Seems I've been unlucky! But really, named loot is pretty easy to get these days.
    Last edited by Thrudh; 04-25-2018 at 11:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    3 rerolls already increases your chance by 300%..
    1) Rerolls aren't available in raids unless that changed since I last paid attention.

2) If something has a 1% named item drop rate, then a 15% boost would have a 1500% increase.

Also, your math is wrong even though it isn't terribly different when the percentages are low. The probability of getting a named item with 3 rerolls available where N is the chance of a named item dropping is
    1 - (1 - N)^4

That works out pretty close to N * 4 when N is small, but it's still a different number.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    Why not just put the raid loot in the store directly? If people want them, should they not be able to just buy the raid loot directly from the DDO Store?

(And the sad thing is that I don't think you'd have a problem with SSG selling raid loot outright in the DDO store)
    Nor would I.

I wouldn't buy it, but don't really care if others want to do so to finance my entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperNiCd View Post
    Duping is really a separate topic. I'd basically say that duping is theft and is bad for paying customer players. I'd be inclined to say it's bad for SSG but I can also see why they might have turned a blind eye to it for a while in the past.

As for all the things we affectionately refer to as P2W, I've personally had a hard time reconciling it in my mind. But it is definitely part of the revenue model and has been since before I joined. Part of me would like to declare it "bad" or "evil" but I don't have enough information to do so. For all I know, without it there would not be enough revenue to keep putting out new content, or the game might have disappeared completely at this point. But in short I don't see the new pots being all that different from "p2w" stuff that is already available.
    I was pointing out the part about it not hurting you, which is common for players that are looking at it from a personal short sightedness rather than looking at the bigger picture that can affect more than themselves and not just right now.

I don't consider it bad or evil in anyway just like many other P2W items. I get that a gaming company needs to make money just like any other business and microtransactions are common in games, but the more they add and the more they push the line in the sand, the more likely they do more harm than good, especially if its something that doesnt really show it's affects for several months. Than what happens is more system changes because more players take advantage of the store product. In this specific case its DD, but it will be a store item eventually just like a lot of other things eventually made its way to the store.
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

You are the one choosing not to play alts.

Casual player now investing way less than I used to into the game, playing 1-3 months at a time and still want nothing to do with Reaper. #improvepuggrouping#alldifficultiesmatter

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    How is it that we get drop rates so suddenly, when in the past Turbine/SSG have declined publishing them over and over after many, many requests? Lol

Also Reaper 10 is a 43% chance to pull a named item? Hmmmm
    A item, not the one you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    The drop rates in Ravenloft quests (which is where the most powerful items today reside) are quite good. I don't know about the raids.

I have been rerolling 3 times in every Ravenloft chest I open, and I almost always see one named item doing this (not always the named item I'm looking for, of course), so it appears to be like a 20% chance to get a named item in Ravenloft on elite/reaper 1.

Edit: Ah, I see above that the chance is 33% for elite. Seems I've been unlucky! But really, named loot is pretty easy to get these days.
    When I reroll I often see 2-3 items in a go (in Ravenloft) sometimes 1 or rarely none. 33% sounds pretty spot on. But like you said, not the one you want, thus selection bias enters.
    Last edited by Cantor; 04-25-2018 at 12:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cantor View Post
    A item, not the one you want.

When I reroll I often see 2-3 items in a go (in Ravenloft) sometimes 1 or rarely none. 33% sounds pretty spot on.
    My statement is still valid.

I would like to know the drop rates of earlier as well. Why there was a change? And how about raid loot?
    Last edited by Wizza; 04-25-2018 at 12:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    I don't think you get a choice.. you are Rys's minion..

Community Member

Default Relief

Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    I will bring that up with Tolero.

In general I tend to think that items that encourage people to run content are okay for Daily Dice rolls. I actually like these better than XP rewards because it encourages players to play rather that circumventing play. On the other hand, I do like eating XP candy when I use my free daily dice rolls.

Edit: Talked to Tolero; the current plan is only Daily Dice.

Sev~
    Thanks for clarifying Sev, and the position of not adding them to the store. It allieviates the concern over intentions. I do think move variety of useful items in the daily dice is both nice and makes VIP daily rolls slightly more appealing. Thanks for the patch .

From Steelstar:

Sev~
    Do those numbers also count for things like the shard of Sword of Shadow? And will those types of shards be included in the "named items" boost chance?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Garthog77 View Post
    Do those numbers also count for things like the shard of Sword of Shadow? And will those types of shards be included in the "named items" boost chance?
    Even if it did it wouldn't help for rare items in big tables. +15% chance of getting an item, you still have a .01% to get that as the named item you get. Like blade of jack jibbers, useless to run one there, you are just going to get dozens of coffin nails. It would be extremely effective in places like deathwyrm/fotp where the loot tables are small.

I'm guessing it might not even work for shards, since you can get a named item and a shard in the same chest.
    Last edited by Cantor; 04-25-2018 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Garthog77 View Post
    It depends on how the specific loot table was set up. I won't be able to, in the near term, report on the specific drop rate of all the individual items people want to know about in any reasonable way.

RJC

It depends on how the specific loot table was set up. I won't be able to, in the near term, report on the specific drop rate of all the individual items people want to know about in any reasonable way.

RJC
    I got you fam.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    I would like to know the drop rates of earlier as well.
    /cough

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/326299
    Last edited by zehnvhex; 04-25-2018 at 12:49 PM.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ddo
    Building a Better DDO

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Shard of the Ring of Spell Storing: 0.015%

I've known it was low for a very long time (as I am still looking for it), but this makes me want to punch someone...

I need to spread rep before I can +1 you.

Edit: I'm holding out hope that since Epic now has N/H/E/R, that the chance is actually higher than this now, but who knows...
    Last edited by Xanthrawl; 04-25-2018 at 01:17 PM.

Community Member

RJC
    Hahaha.

While I can appreciate that you all are not selling these directly (folks can still purchase shards to purchase rolls) at the moment, this is just lame. You need to know how your products work. This is safe dev speak - not a yes, not a no, and raises more questions than it answers. Knowing how many cooks have been in the kitchen, so to speak, how many loot tables are "set up" in a way that the potion does not impact? What are those tables? I feel like these are basic questions that should have been asked before releasing the item.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthrawl View Post
    Shard of the Ring of Spell Storing: 0.015%

I've known it was low for a very long time (as I am still looking for it), but this makes me want to punch someone...

I need to spread rep before I can +1 you.

Edit: I'm holding out hope that since Epic now has N/H/E/R, that the chance is actually higher than this now, but who knows...
    This info is outdated actually. Drop rates were increased for several items in U24 back in 2014, including the RSS and other Sands items.

...that said, idk what the droprate was increased to, sadly.

Source: http://ddowiki.com/page/Update_24_Release_Notes#Items

-Jayron

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast