Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Default new gold dice roll item lesser elixir of discovery

so that means there will be regular and greater in the store for stupid amounts of ddo points to increase the odds of pulling a named item from any chest that can drop named items, including raid chests. I'm sorry but how does this even remotely sound like a good idea? yes your item drop rates are a bit on the low side, but you wont disclose what they are so how do we know you are actually giving us 5% higher drop rates, and how do we know that 5% is even worth it. how do we know from this point forward you wont set loot drop rates adjusted for discovery elixirs? do not add this item to the ddo store it will be a blatant cash grab on your part and there is no protections for the player from you taking advantage of us. hey better yet just up the drop rate of named items.

Quote Originally Posted by tafla421 View Post
    how does this even remotely sound like a good idea? ...it will be a blatant cash grab
    Answered your own question

I'd expect that the success (volume) of sales will determine if it's a worth-while venture to later introduce (separate) Elixirs of Mythic & Reaper Bonus Discovery. That way folks who are seeking those maxed out items can spend money on three loot boosts instead of just one for those rerolls.

Hey, there's one step towards "fixing" Stealth! The "Elixer of Tremorlessness!"
    I would still like to see... Something that tests character versatility and player adaptability rather than character focus strength and quest knowledge.
    I play the quests for the content of the quests not just as an XP/min merry-go-round.
    Actual play experience is worth infinitely more than theorycrafting...

historically they have tried monetizing off of player demand. in this case, there have been plenty of gripes about low drop rates. even SSG enjoys shooting their own foot. this would be a hot item to buy for raid loot and named chest loot and does not extend end game life.
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

You are the one choosing not to play alts.

Casual player now investing way less than I used to into the game, playing 1-3 months at a time and still want nothing to do with Reaper. #improvepuggrouping#alldifficultiesmatter

As long as it doesn't work in (legendary) raids.

For regular quests a high roller can already 8 box the quest then re-roll the chest 3 times on each toon for the equivalent of 32 runs for a normal player. So it's not like this is really a breakthrough for loot farming for people willing to spend money on it.
    Sabbathiel/Sabathal/Sabath-1

Sarlona

Community Member

yes but what will prevent them from lowering the normal drop rate just to accommodate the larger pots? they don't want you to get the items because then you are still grinding to get them, and as long as you are still playing they can try to sell you something. I just dumped a good amount of money into the game recently but if they add these pots to the store I don't see any reason to keep playing. and I hope other players see the reasoning I'm trying to convey and protest these pots too.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SerPounce View Post
    As long as it doesn't work in (legendary) raids.

For regular quests a high roller can already 8 box the quest then re-roll the chest 3 times on each toon for the equivalent of 32 runs for a normal player. So it's not like this is really a breakthrough for loot farming for people willing to spend money on it.
    when asked if it works on raids cocomajobo said it does

Only thing I will use it for is trying to get SoS shard, so tired of raid after raid and not getting it. And I will continue to join the raid even after(if) I eventually get it, the xp is just too good not to. So I for one am for these if there is even a chance that it helps me get that frigging shard.

Quote Originally Posted by SerPounce View Post

Amen! SSG should ban players who spend money!!!
    The Nak Abides - Argo - Ascent
    Ganak Goblinjuicer ~ Xanak the Irregular

Community Member

Great idea to encourage VIP. Looks like I might be able to finally get my Jibbers. Reaper + discovery pot + shard re-rolls!

Quote Originally Posted by Garthog77 View Post
    Only thing I will use it for is trying to get SoS shard, so tired of raid after raid and not getting it. And I will continue to join the raid even after(if) I eventually get it, the xp is just too good not to. So I for one am for these if there is even a chance that it helps me get that frigging shard.
    Lol makes me wonder how many will run ADQ again with those pots for the RoSS shard/seal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Added even later: Ignore this add, I am the dumb.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by korgzz_bloodaxe View Post
    Great idea to encourage VIP. Looks like I might be able to finally get my Jibbers. Reaper + discovery pot + shard re-rolls!
    Terrible idea since Turbine/SSG swore repeatedly that they'd never sell raid loot or proxies for raid loot (like increased chances) in the DDO store or for real world money.

But SSG is okay with shooting itself in the foot if it means they can milk the whales a little harder.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Don't worry, it would be duped oneday, and devs would lower base loot drop rate, because this would be a basic buff for dupers, like infinite exp pots for dupers now.

And SSG won't touch them at all, like they didn't punish pot dupers.

It seems devs are researching about how they can ruin their own game.
    Last edited by draven1; 04-24-2018 at 11:22 PM.
    “Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness.
    Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness.
    Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate.”
    - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yamani View Post
    Lol makes me wonder how many will run ADQ again with those pots for the RoSS shard/seal.
    I am guessing that it won’t particularly help. The pots increase the chance that a named item will drop. It does not change the relative distributions of the items themselves. Since RoSS shard has a drop rate of close to never, the effective drop rate will still be close to never. That’s assuming it even counts as a named item. I think it probably does, but that would need dev confirmation.
    Last edited by bracelet; 04-24-2018 at 11:51 PM.

Guardian
    Hero
    Crown Clown
    Death Dodger

so many assumptions in this thread...
    for starters those discovery pot so far are only metioned as a gold dice rewards, so beside a VIP tempting their chance WEEKLY, it would every day cost 12/15 shard to attempt a roll with a clearly high possibility of not getting one anyway. Also it is not mentioned how the pot would work, It might very well work like mimic bait, costing you 1 pot every time. but lets assume it doesn't, ya still need to use shard again to reroll a chests, and raid chests cannot be re-rolled. not only that, but as with anything luck related, even with all those factor combined ya still might not get the item you specifically want, let alone one at all.

if someone is willing to spend tens of hundreds of dollaroos for a daily dice random roll (91-96 bracket it seems) to get a slight boost to a chest random loot roll then in the name of the host I bless them for literally throwing money away to the Wind to fund this game further.
    To me it might still be more cost-efficient to simply buy raid timers and run it 20 times or accumulated the needed runes to trade for exactly what you want rather that trying to stock up on discovery pots.

I mean, there is such a thing as maths... 5% chances to get to get that bracket, then maybe 20-50% chances on that 5% to be an actual loot boost and not a tome or smthing. for 15 shard (assuming you farming it). lets be generous and assume a whooping 2,5% chances, meanign on average it would cost ya 600 shards to get one, now lets say a generous quest with a 20% named loot chances, 4 items so 5% chance of getting the exact one you want. now boost it with the better version of 10%, 15% chances of getting it on pull. lets pretend its a timed buss, ya would on average need to reroll 6 times to get near 100% CHANCES to get one (still no guarantee) lets add only 50 shard for rerolls, 650 shards for a regular quest item (not a jibber) in the region of 3k ddo point so about 35$ and thats still assuming a timed buff. if not that 600 shard for 6 rolls become 6x600 shards, 3600 shards, 200$

simply using AS directly on that 5% chance would be say 15 shard x 15 rerolls (no cost for opening the chests, and with ransack ya might spread your runs on several days) for 225 shards a near 100% CHANCE for about 20$

Raids make it even worse, ya can forget re-rolls or timed buff. at best with a raid timer maybe get 2 loot in? but without that make it 10% chances to drop a named, so 1% chances to get the exact one you need. boost it to 11% because you are Lucky and got mostly 10% boosts, ya would need 9x600 shards on average to get a near 100% CHANCE of getting that item you need. 5400 shards wasted via rolls to get 1 piece of raid gear... a pack of 2000 AS cost 10k TP, 27k TP for 5,4k Worth of Astra shards for about 500$, if ya the impatient sort a can add 8 raid timer bypasses to get those 9 runs in a row, what those again 195 points? make that about 25$ on top. now go run the raid 9 times for 525$

or ya know run it around 20 times with timers lets make that 15 timers, gotta sleep 3k points, 35$.

now, please tell me again how this is nothing else but at best a planets are aligned kind of Lucky strike for most sane players, and at worst an exponentially expensier way to get items that simply using normal chest re-rolls/grouping/raid bypasses? if someone is willing to part with his money for that let me bow in respect.
    I come from the west. Through countries, peoples, and cities - to this place: STORMREACH.
    My duty: Guardian. To mend and defend. To defend my newfound friends, their hopes, and dreams. To defend them from their enemies.

Community Member

yes but what will prevent them from lowering the normal drop rate just to accommodate the larger pots? they don't want you to get the items because then you are still grinding to get them, and as long as you are still playing they can try to sell you something. I just dumped a good amount of money into the game recently but if they add these pots to the store I don't see any reason to keep playing. and I hope other players see the reasoning I'm trying to convey and protest these pots too.
    I protest having any loot that we can't craft ourselves. Making us wait around for a random number generator is always a bad idea and is the main reason I never stick around for the end game of any MMORPG's. If this helps convince you and others that named loot is a waste of time then great. Let's focus our protests on getting them to consistently upgrade Cannith crafting rather than worrying about the drop rate of named loot.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gabrael View Post
    so many assumptions in this thread...
    for starters those discovery pot so far are only metioned as a gold dice rewards, so beside a VIP tempting their chance WEEKLY, it would every day cost 12/15 shard to attempt a roll with a clearly high possibility of not getting one anyway. Also it is not mentioned how the pot would work, It might very well work like mimic bait, costing you 1 pot every time. but lets assume it doesn't, ya still need to use shard again to reroll a chests, and raid chests cannot be re-rolled. not only that, but as with anything luck related, even with all those factor combined ya still might not get the item you specifically want, let alone one at all.

if someone is willing to spend tens of hundreds of dollaroos for a daily dice random roll (91-96 bracket it seems) to get a slight boost to a chest random loot roll then in the name of the host I bless them for literally throwing money away to the Wind to fund this game further.
    To me it might still be more cost-efficient to simply buy raid timers and run it 20 times or accumulated the needed runes to trade for exactly what you want rather that trying to stock up on discovery pots.

I mean, there is such a thing as maths... 5% chances to get to get that bracket, then maybe 20-50% chances on that 5% to be an actual loot boost and not a tome or smthing. for 15 shard (assuming you farming it). lets be generous and assume a whooping 2,5% chances, meanign on average it would cost ya 600 shards to get one, now lets say a generous quest with a 20% named loot chances, 4 items so 5% chance of getting the exact one you want. now boost it with the better version of 10%, 15% chances of getting it on pull. lets pretend its a timed buss, ya would on average need to reroll 6 times to get near 100% CHANCES to get one (still no guarantee) lets add only 50 shard for rerolls, 650 shards for a regular quest item (not a jibber) in the region of 3k ddo point so about 35$ and thats still assuming a timed buff. if not that 600 shard for 6 rolls become 6x600 shards, 3600 shards, 200$

simply using AS directly on that 5% chance would be say 15 shard x 15 rerolls (no cost for opening the chests, and with ransack ya might spread your runs on several days) for 225 shards a near 100% CHANCE for about 20$

Raids make it even worse, ya can forget re-rolls or timed buff. at best with a raid timer maybe get 2 loot in? but without that make it 10% chances to drop a named, so 1% chances to get the exact one you need. boost it to 11% because you are Lucky and got mostly 10% boosts, ya would need 9x600 shards on average to get a near 100% CHANCE of getting that item you need. 5400 shards wasted via rolls to get 1 piece of raid gear... a pack of 2000 AS cost 10k TP, 27k TP for 5,4k Worth of Astra shards for about 500$, if ya the impatient sort a can add 8 raid timer bypasses to get those 9 runs in a row, what those again 195 points? make that about 25$ on top. now go run the raid 9 times for 525$

or ya know run it around 20 times with timers lets make that 15 timers, gotta sleep 3k points, 35$.

now, please tell me again how this is nothing else but at best a planets are aligned kind of Lucky strike for most sane players, and at worst an exponentially expensier way to get items that simply using normal chest re-rolls/grouping/raid bypasses? if someone is willing to part with his money for that let me bow in respect.
    the math is where it is all at, and the math would say they didn't program a whole new item just to let it sit in the gold rolls. they just made another printing press for cash. how many people bought countless astral shards so they could reroll chests 10, 20, 100s of times? so who is making sure the loot drop rates aren't being modified to accommodate the new pots? that means less chance at getting named items for the unlucky and the ones unwilling to shell out a ton of money on something that might not even be better odds at getting the loot. but yes you may be right this might only be for gold dice rolls and the odds of getting one are probably going to be very low but how bad will it screw everything up when the next item duping exploit hits if there isn't one available right now? just so much that can go wrong and i'd rather ddo stay away from that train wreck.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by erethizon View Post
    I protest having any loot that we can't craft ourselves. Making us wait around for a random number generator is always a bad idea and is the main reason I never stick around for the end game of any MMORPG's. If this helps convince you and others that named loot is a waste of time then great. Let's focus our protests on getting them to consistently upgrade Cannith crafting rather than worrying about the drop rate of named loot.
    that would work but then they would just add more crafting mats that are insanely rare

Community Member

the math is where it is all at, and the math would say they didn't program a whole new item just to let it sit in the gold rolls. they just made another printing press for cash. how many people bought countless astral shards so they could reroll chests 10, 20, 100s of times? so who is making sure the loot drop rates aren't being modified to accommodate the new pots? that means less chance at getting named items for the unlucky and the ones unwilling to shell out a ton of money on something that might not even be better odds at getting the loot. but yes you may be right this might only be for gold dice rolls and the odds of getting one are probably going to be very low but how bad will it screw everything up when the next item duping exploit hits if there isn't one available right now? just so much that can go wrong and i'd rather ddo stay away from that train wreck.
    My question is whether they add a straight % to the chance of a named item or that % to the 5 chance of getting a named item. What I mean, for example, would a 5% boost to a 10% named item drop rate give us a 15% chance of a named item or a 10.5% (10% +5% of 10%) chance. I expect it's the latter as that scales with the current chances.

so that means there will be regular and greater in the store for stupid amounts of ddo points to increase the odds of pulling a named item from any chest that can drop named items, including raid chests. I'm sorry but how does this even remotely sound like a good idea? yes your item drop rates are a bit on the low side, but you wont disclose what they are so how do we know you are actually giving us 5% higher drop rates, and how do we know that 5% is even worth it. how do we know from this point forward you wont set loot drop rates adjusted for discovery elixirs? do not add this item to the ddo store it will be a blatant cash grab on your part and there is no protections for the player from you taking advantage of us. hey better yet just up the drop rate of named items.
    I remember reading years ago that it is 1% on normal, 3% on hard and 5% on eliite.

As to the potions on daily rolls. Great. I love it. And if I ever want something so bad that I'm willing to reroll for 15 shards over and over or buy a pot I'm cool with that too. I likely will not reroll or buy stacks of pots but I won't complain if someone else does.

I'm also glad to see VIP's actually get something worthwhile.
    Sometimes I pull one out just to watch it die over and over. That's how much I hate hires.

Guardian
    Hero
    Crown Clown
    Death Dodger

again with the assumptions they gonna modify loot chances, as if it was a law of physics, if the devs implement any design that help paying customers get an item easier (and believe me this is manytime fold more useless as a mechanic for that than daily chest re-rolls and raid timer) that they have to ALSO reduce the chances for everyone else, for... acommodating new pots? how does that work? you can only loot x amount of gear in the game per day? kinda remind me of when people keep saying drop chances goes down after a while despite devs repeteadly saying they don't lower loot tables.
    I come from the west. Through countries, peoples, and cities - to this place: STORMREACH.
    My duty: Guardian. To mend and defend. To defend my newfound friends, their hopes, and dreams. To defend them from their enemies.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast