Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

NO vip no sovs just 3-4 20 pots a life depending on weekend bonuses

almost done 3x racials 3 forged left should hit 60 reaper points not great but not bad

Its doable 100k rxp r3 avg streaking a life
    Damonz Cannith

Quote Originally Posted by axel15810 View Post
    But never before has DDO monetized like this. DDO putting significantly desirable items exclusively behind an in game slot machine is a really bad thing because the mechanic gets those with self-control issues to spend more than they should be responsibly spending. And some whales will spend WAY more than they should. Specifically fishing for items that are exclusively in the higher rolls.
    I think that "never before" is either wishful thinking or simply overlooking a lot of actual history. Companions is just one example where for years you could gamble your TP on a 'basket' want a random pet in it. If you wanted a particular one you could spend a lot of TP trying for it:
    Creature Companion Mystery Basket
    Open this basket and find a new tressym or other companion!
    Using this basket in game will grant you one new companion certificate, randomly selected from six possible pets, all exclusive to this basket. Will your basket contain the super rare pseudodragon? You've got a 5% chance! If not, you'll still get an exclusive new tressym companion. The certificates from this basket each allow you to form a permanent bond with a new companion. Companions follow you around, can learn tricks, and can be given cosmetic gear to wear. The companions that come from this basket each have four tricks already trained. Certificates from this basket are auctionable and tradable.
    You've got a 5% chance!

There's a Random Collectables Crate:
    Contains at least three stacks of random collectables, with chances for rares!
    A crate containing a random selection of collectables. Each crate contains at least three stacks of collectables, one of which is guaranteed to be at least uncommon in rarity. Any of the stacks can be rare! One crate.
    Any of the stacks can be rare!

There is really nothing new going on here.

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    I'm not broke. I can afford to pay for my fun. I just want to pay for content and gameplay instead of paying for an "opportunity" to skip playing the game.

I love when SSG/Turbine makes products for us to buy. I dislike when they make products that consist of paying for ways to let us avoid playing the game. Like XP stones, raid loot, etc.
    But the Gold Roll has always been an incentive (part of, sure, but still an incentive) to buy a VIP sub. And that came with an XP stone every week, and on every server.

There is really nothing new going on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    The reality is that fewer players have BOUGHT maxed-out power compared to those who have grinded it out. There are a ton of unemployed or retired or student players that play this game 6-10 hours a day, and have near maxed-out power. There are far fewer rich players who have bought maxed-out power. Your premise is incorrect.
    I'd love to see your source for that information.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    There's no way either of us know for sure if more people buy past lives or grind them out.
    Wait... Didn't you just state like you knew it for a fact that more people grind than buy? I mean, I quoted you saying that just above.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    How is it that we get drop rates so suddenly, when in the past Turbine/SSG have declined publishing them over and over after many, many requests? Lol
    Because those numbers are not even close. Both the ingame experience running tens or hundreds of those or drop rates from game files posted on the "evil forums" by Rodrak - the guy that got banned for that.
    Raids and quests droprates in single digits. Tweaking tome and other store items droprates since Motu. Shard of Eross 1/6666 EE ADQ chests. Stuff like that.

All credit goes to Rodrak.

Example : Deathwyrm 4/2/1% EE/EH/EN for named item at release.

- Fire on Thunder Peak (EE/EH/EN):

100% 4d4+10 dwarven ingots (same/same)
    100% 5d6+7 fire dragon scales (3d6+5/1d6+2)
    100% 1 fire dragon phlogiston (80%/60%)
    4% items subtable (2%/1%)
    3% augments subtable (2%/1%)
    (items and augments are in the same roll, so no both)
    Augments subtable (same as used in HH etc.)
    1% meteoric star ruby
    17% ruby eye of the inferno
    17% ruby eye of the glacier
    17% ruby eye of erosion
    16% ruby eye of the tempest
    16% ruby eye of righteousness
    16% ruby eye of force
    Items subtable (all diffs are same):
    28% dethek runestone
    28% dragon masque
    28% ward token
    6% meridian fragment
    10% tomes subtable
    Tomes subtable is the same as in necro raid ie. +5 to +6 or +6 only on EE, while lower tomes with a chance for tomes of fate on EH and EN.

- Temple of the Deathwyrm
    Here I see at least 2 chest types, prolly 1 is end chest (with phlogiston) and 1 is for side/optional chests (shadow scales inside):
    End chest:
    100% 4d4+10 dwarven ingots (same/same)
    100% 5d6+7 shadow scales (3d6+5/1d6+2)
    100% 1 shadow dragon phlogiston (80%/60%)
    4% items subtable (2%/1%)
    3% augments subtable (same as above) (2%/1%)
    Items subtable:
    30% dumathoin's bracers
    30% dark diversion
    30% battlerager's harness
    10% tome subtable (same as in necro and above raid)

Side chest(s):
    100% 1d4+2 dwarven ingots (same/same)
    5% 2d6+7 shadow dragon scales (1d6+5/1d3+2)
    Mark of Death 10/5/2% EE/EH/EN at release

EE version:
    10% for a raid item subtable
    3d3+18 masterwork tapestry shreds
    EH is 5% and 3d3+6, EN is 2% and 3d2+3.
    Item subtable:
    EN,EH,EE: 10% per item, 10% for tome subtable
    Tome subtable:
    EE: 40% for Tome subtable2
    EH: 40% for Tome subtable2
    EN: 50% for Tome subtable2 (yup, actually higher)
    Tome subtable2:
    EE: 50% for a +5 to +6 stat tome, 50% for a +6 stat tome
    EH: 95% for a +5 stat tome, 4% for +2 fate tome, 1% for +3 fate tome
    EN: same as EH

Shahang (hjealme), Wipekin (kotc), Nezhat (barbie) Ghallanda/Devourer

Not going to comment on the particulars of now-defunct drop rates, but: In Update 34, the same pass that added Mythic and Reaper Bonuses to named loot game-wide also brought several content packs in line with the 10%/16%/33% standard we mentioned earlier. This includes both of the Thunderholme raids and the Mark of Death. I do not know why the U34 Release Notes did not mention that drop rates had been raised (I believe any cases where named item drop rates changed in that pass, they went up). At some point in the near future, I will try and assemble a list of content packs affected by that pass.
    Last edited by Steelstar; 05-05-2018 at 06:48 AM. Reason: *34, not 24. Need coffee. Getting coffee.
    We don't only build for the builds that exist.
    We don't only build for the builds that are good right now.

The fact that some changes are necessary is not diminished by the fact that other necessary changes have not happened yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    Not going to comment on the particulars of now-defunct drop rates, but: In Update 34, the same pass that added Mythic and Reaper Bonuses to named loot game-wide also brought several content packs in line with the 10%/16%/33% standard we mentioned earlier. This includes both of the Thunderholme raids and the Mark of Death. I do not know why the U34 Release Notes did not mention that drop rates had been raised (I believe any cases where named item drop rates changed in that pass, they went up). At some point in the near future, I will try and assemble a list of content packs affected by that pass.
    Honestly, the amount of times where "oh wait, we did this but it was never mentioned but Im bringing it up at a convenient time on the forum" this happened is why I, personally, dont trust a single thing ssg says.

If you want credibility, then earn it. I know you dont care about my personal opinion, which is fine, but I know Im not alone in thinking this (see reply above yours for instance).

Just like the tomes drop rates thing. Ssg still states, clearly, that they did not touch those drop rates when its obvious that they did, to everyone.

Or the Mythic and Reaper bonus drop rates. Why were reaper bonus not mentioned in the posted drop rates? What are their chances?
    Last edited by Wizza; 05-05-2018 at 07:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    I don't think you get a choice.. you are Rys's minion..

Thanks, Steelstar!

Community Member Captain_Wizbang's Avatar

As this game evolves, things get changed, I'm ok with that. But this whole drop rate "issue" should never have been addressed publicly.
    The kraken has been released.
    People will whittle you down if you give them the opening. (and you do)

For me personally im perfectly fine with NOT knowing Exactly ingame droprates. I feel that it is funnier not mathematically
    Be able to calc If it is better do 4 elite ones or 3 r2 ones in same time for max chanse get item x.

I lose some of my immersion that i am in a fantasy world If all i think of is statistical droprates. (And im a math teacher)

So plz know ssg that there are players of your lovely game not ”demanding” that all secrets is rewealed. And prefeer have roughly estimates of them by playing the game.

Just my opinion ofcourse. :-)

Guardian
    Hero
    Crown Clown
    Death Dodger

Quote Originally Posted by Lagin View Post
    As this game evolves, things get changed, I'm ok with that. But this whole drop rate "issue" should never have been addressed publicly.
    The kraken has been released.
    People will whittle you down if you give them the opening. (and you do)
    I would argue this become needed, if they introduce an item that affect named loot drops, then the moral thing to do IS to release the drop rate of the majority of content, so that people know exactly where they stand if they get their hand on the boost pot and want to try it out.

I want to know when in one instance my boost would go from say 1% to 11%, and when it goes from 33% to 43% in another. keeping things nebulous was all fine and dandy until they introduced these named loot boost. Just to be clear I am fine with those potion as daily dice rolls rewards, and not if they ever appear in store. but while they around I insist that people know exactly the effects for this or that item.a % boost on an unknown x value it far from okay.

edit: and I am very appreciative that the devs at least gave us a general rule of thumb for recent updates values, but atm its insufficient consideing this new boost item, and looking forward to devs dropping more numbers
    Last edited by Gabrael; 05-05-2018 at 12:23 PM.
    I come from the west. Through countries, peoples, and cities - to this place: STORMREACH.
    My duty: Guardian. To mend and defend. To defend my newfound friends, their hopes, and dreams. To defend them from their enemies.

Community Member

Jibbers every get increased because its drop rate is stupid low. Its a pretty big advantage that only few have and its not like I haven't put in the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Niminae View Post
    Wait... Didn't you just state like you knew it for a fact that more people grind than buy? I mean, I quoted you saying that just above.
    Yes, I was responding in like manner to someone who states everything unknown as a fact. Which I even mentioned in the post you quoted. So I already explained why I posted that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

Honestly, the amount of times where "oh wait, we did this but it was never mentioned but Im bringing it up at a convenient time on the forum" this happened is why I, personally, dont trust a single thing ssg says.
    All you are doing here is making it less likely they post anything at all.

I, for one, am very thankful for the dev post that detailed the drop rates on N/H/E.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kza View Post
    For me personally im perfectly fine with NOT knowing Exactly ingame droprates. I feel that it is funnier not mathematically
    Be able to calc If it is better do 4 elite ones or 3 r2 ones in same time for max chanse get item x.

I lose some of my immersion that i am in a fantasy world If all i think of is statistical droprates. (And im a math teacher)

So plz know ssg that there are players of your lovely game not ”demanding” that all secrets is rewealed. And prefeer have roughly estimates of them by playing the game.

Just my opinion ofcourse. :-)
    For me the math is comforting. I am not normally willing to farm for items that have a low drop rate but the one item that was worth the time (the blade of Jack Jibbers) was worth it partially because I had been told it had a 3% drop rate. That meant that if I ran it every day for a month I should get a blade and even if my luck were poor I ought to be able to get one within 3 months (6 months at the latest). So I found a time when I wasn't much in the mood to play DDO and rather than just logging in, doing my daily dice, and leaving, I instead logged in, did my dice, ran TTT on EH and then logged out. It took 30-something days for me to get my blade. Knowing the math made it much easier to endure the drudgery of farming it. Had I not been aware of the math it would have been far easier to assume I was just wasting my time and it was never going to drop.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by erethizon View Post
    For me the math is comforting. I am not normally willing to farm for items that have a low drop rate but the one item that was worth the time (the blade of Jack Jibbers) was worth it partially because I had been told it had a 3% drop rate. That meant that if I ran it every day for a month I should get a blade and even if my luck were poor I ought to be able to get one within 3 months (6 months at the latest). So I found a time when I wasn't much in the mood to play DDO and rather than just logging in, doing my daily dice, and leaving, I instead logged in, did my dice, ran TTT on EH and then logged out. It took 30-something days for me to get my blade. Knowing the math made it much easier to endure the drudgery of farming it. Had I not been aware of the math it would have been far easier to assume I was just wasting my time and it was never going to drop.
    ... now I have this mental image of a poor guy running The Tide Turns (TTT) every day for 6 months straight, before finally giving up on the Jack Jibbers blade :'-(

Community Member

Defunct - : no longer living, existing, or functioning.

C'mon, Steel, the drop rates aren't THAT bad...

Seriously though, I hope you don't mean what you just said.

And +1 to you, sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    From Steelstar:

Sev~

Thanks,

These numbers you all are using are SSG's, and that's ok, just please don't say they are from a DM guide.

Not going to comment on the particulars of now-defunct drop rates, but: In Update 34, the same pass that added Mythic and Reaper Bonuses to named loot game-wide also brought several content packs in line with the 10%/16%/33% .

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910