Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Community Manager

Default Downtime Notice: 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) Wednesday, July 29th

UPDATE: The game worlds have reopened! Thank you for your patience, and we will see you in the game!

The DDO Game Servers will be brought down on Wednesday, July 29th from 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) for a hotfix. Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon!

Want to convert this to your local time? Click here!

This hotfix will address several issues, including an issue where lower-level characters are unable to teleport to Amrath from their guild airship, Trials of the Archons quest givers are not properly interacting with players, and some appropriate-level characters are not receiving Mysterious Remnants when they should be. We'll have further detail tomorrow.
    Last edited by Cordovan; 07-29-2015 at 10:50 AM.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Well, well. That did not take long. Thank you for the informtion.

Sure that 2 hours of downtime will be enough? Usually it takes longer to patch the game. And we all know the usual suspects complaining prolonged downtimes, me included.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The DDO Game Servers will be brought down on Wednesday, July 29th from 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) for a hotfix. Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon!

This hotfix will address several issues, including an issue where lower-level characters are unable to teleport to Amrath from their guild airship, Trials of the Archons quest givers are not properly interacting with players, and some appropriate-level characters are not receiving Mysterious Remnants when they should be. We'll have further detail tomorrow.

Default Loss of Bravery Bonus

I'm fairly certain that this isn't the correct forum to post this, and, yes, I have submitted a bug report. I was running a level 23 through the new Amrath quests, on Epic Normal (level 30 quest) which, according to what I know about Bravery Bonus, means that, while it would not progress, it would not be broken (7 level difference between quester and quest). I ran Demon Assault, and upon completion, lost my Bravery Bonus Streak. At the time it was 114 (I know, not that big of a number, but, still, I should not have lost it). Is there a way that my BB Streak can be reinstated?

Please acknowledge that the operating conditions of the raid are currently unplayable for large chunks of the time. The issues you laid out are indeed important, but surely the lag has to be the number one thing you folks are working on. Right?

Barbachop/Fizzburn/Politikills & Boaby - Omnipresence,Ghallanda

Quote Originally Posted by Calinthus View Post
    I'm fairly certain that this isn't the correct forum to post this, and, yes, I have submitted a bug report. I was running a level 23 through the new Amrath quests, on Epic Normal (level 30 quest) which, according to what I know about Bravery Bonus, means that, while it would not progress, it would not be broken (7 level difference between quester and quest). I ran Demon Assault, and upon completion, lost my Bravery Bonus Streak. At the time it was 114 (I know, not that big of a number, but, still, I should not have lost it). Is there a way that my BB Streak can be reinstated?
    no

you have to be above the bravery which means 33 or above.

some appropriate-level characters are not receiving Mysterious Remnants when they should be.
    anyone else finds this pretty ridiculous way to say that character were capable to get remnants in quests of lot lower level than intended?

edit:
    oh, sorry - I found that one post about not getting any remnants in HE PoP, which by itself is not proof on remnants not dropping it can be just bad luck. while reports of remnants dropping in heroic quests for epic characters were reported a lot more times and proving definitely something is wrong.

kinda reminds me radio jerevan jokes:

- "is it true that in Jerevan cars are given to citizens for free?"
    - "yeah, its true, but its not cars but bicycles and they are not given but stolen"
    Last edited by Gauthaag; 07-29-2015 at 02:51 AM.

Community Member

Thumbs up Thanks for adding in the time converter link Jerry!

The sooner the better with Hotfixes, eh. Although I think that its a bit of a shame that remnants dropping for over level characters is also getting cut back out (a sliding scale where you get less and less the higher lvl you are would be nice, to get at least a few of them, especially in epics?)

Community Member

Default not quite accurate. It went both ways

Quote Originally Posted by Gauthaag View Post
    anyone else finds this pretty ridiculous way to say that character were capable to get remnants in quests of lot lower level than intended?
    That is not quite accurate. As I understand it, the issue went two ways: on the one hand it gave a few remnants to clearly over level characters (shouldn't be a big deal, but yeah its in favor of the players, I would like to keep this in) and some at level players NOT getting their remnants on the other hand, which clearly has to be dealt with. I guess the issues are of the same nature, 2 sides of the same bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Nascoe View Post
    That is not quite accurate. As I understand it, the issue went two ways: on the one hand it gave a few remnants to clearly over level characters (shouldn't be a big deal, but yeah its in favor of the players, I would like to keep this in) and some at level players NOT getting their remnants on the other hand, which clearly has to be dealt with. I guess the issues are of the same nature, 2 sides of the same bug.
    as I understand how percentage chance work it is still possible run couple elites beat number of champs and still not get any remnants. that may seem strange but still possible.

or am I supposed to bug report any time I m not getting single chest from orange named in quest?

Self-Appointed Coin Lord of the Seas ForgettableNPC's Avatar

Are the typos being fixed as well at the same time, or just the bugs?
    Just a random, forgettable NPC doing things an NPC does
    Things that NPCs do include, but are not limited to:

Having a gold goblet over my head to indicate availability of a quest
    Having a catchphrase that never really catches on
    Having various rewards that are generally not worth the trouble
    Wandering around randomly
    Giving out obvious information if it wasn't obvious enough
    Repeating the same lines over and over again
    Repeating the same lines over and over again

Default What did I tell you?

Off work all day Monday, - No play because downtime was particularly badly timed for UK players.
    Working all day yesterday til 9pm so just managed a quick peek at content.
    Off work today, so ready to play....and, yep, just as I predicted.... hotfix
    "IM-PLO-SION: For when you just HAVE to kill every M**********R in the room"-
    (Samuel L Jackson)

"Some are insane, and the're in charge"
    (GoF)

Sarlona: Mercilless, Maliciouss, Relenttless. Plus others.....

This hotfix will address several issues, including an issue where Trials of the Archons quest givers are not properly interacting with players
    BOOOOOOO
    you had to go and ruin the only fun thing about this update ¬_¬

No lag fix,

I like that you included that time converting link and I hope you will keep doing it on each downtime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

As someone who does a LOT of Favour Farming I feel sad now that I haven't played the last couple of days!

Devs: Can you PLEASE change Remnant Drops and Guild Renown drops to the same system as XP!
    XP goes from:
    Full with BB at Elite level
    Full at Elite+1
    -10% at Elite+2
    -25% at Elite+3
    -50% at Elite+4
    -75% at Elite+5
    -99% at Elite+6
    to
    0 at Elite+7 or higher!

Remnants and Renown simply VANISH at Elite+1!

It's wrong! Utterly wrong!

2014 & 2016 DDO Players Council Kwyjibo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    As someone who does a LOT of Favour Farming I feel sad now that I haven't played the last couple of days!

Devs: Can you PLEASE change Remnant Drops and Guild Renown drops to the same system as XP!
    XP goes from:
    Full with BB at Elite level
    Full at Elite+1
    -10% at Elite+2
    -25% at Elite+3
    -50% at Elite+4
    -75% at Elite+5
    -99% at Elite+6
    to
    0 at Elite+7 or higher!

Remnants and Renown simply VANISH at Elite+1!

It's wrong! Utterly wrong!
    What in the world does this have to do with a downtime notice?
    Jibo-Argo/Degenerate Matter, Thelanis/TES, Mournlands
    Come join me on Discord!! Dungeons & Dragons Online: Community Discord Server!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    No challenge, no fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    I knew i should have actually tested this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwyjibo View Post
    What in the world does this have to do with a downtime notice?
    The Downtime notice is specifically about a downtime to fix a "supposed" issue with remnants dropping!

So my post has quite a lot to do with this downtime notice!

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    The Downtime notice is specifically about a downtime to fix a "supposed" issue with remnants dropping!

So my post has quite a lot to do with this downtime notice!
    There is a difference between a fix for something not WAI and a redesign of something WAI, but not in a way desired by players. I think your recommendation would be better served in a separate thread as a suggestion for tweaking the system rather than a random post in a notice about (an attempt to) fix remnants to function as intended, if not desired.
    Kobold never forgive....kobold remember waterworks.

Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    i'll be putting a bug into our system.

Quote Originally Posted by relenttless View Post
    Off work all day Monday, - No play because downtime was particularly badly timed for UK players.
    Working all day yesterday til 9pm so just managed a quick peek at content.
    Off work today, so ready to play....and, yep, just as I predicted.... hotfix
    This is the first time in a while that I have been working during the down time... But I do feel your PAIN!!
    My fingers are crossed and hoping that the worlds are only down for a very short time!
    Thelanis ~ Zoogar

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast