Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Full_Bleed View Post
    Hey, this spell/ability doesn't have a sound or animation. Given the cost, it should. Are we going to see this addressed anytime soon?
    It should be using the same sounds as the Cone shape blasts, since it's based off that; we'll take a look at why it's not grabbing that. The animation it's using, if I recall, is the same one Eldrich Burst and Spirit Blast use, because we wanted it to be fast to cast; we can look into a slower but more visually appealing one if players would rather have that, though.
    We don't only build for the builds that exist.
    We don't only build for the builds that are good right now.

The fact that some changes are necessary is not diminished by the fact that other necessary changes have not happened yet.

Community Member

compared to druid and artificer the warlock surely is underwhelming
    not only in spells (both druid and arti had completely new spells, and alot of them!) but also in animation the warlock is far behind

Community Member

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Full_Bleed View Post
    So you are inferring that:

1) The DDO code isn't that complicated -- At least 12 year old core code that has had many different development crews modifying it would argue otherwise.
    2) The devs here don't communicate with their customers -- I think the devs actually communicated with the customers too much recently and got more grief than it was worth. Better that they spend their time developing rather than defending themselves all the time against an insatiable customer base that often fails to realize that they are customers, not game managers/coders/developers (and they certainly don't know what the current devs are actually dealing with).
    3) The devs don't try to fix bugs -- Yeah, because they *like* them.
    4) The devs here don't spend enough time in front of their computers -- Baseless accusation. You don't know these guys. How many hours a week do they have to put in to avoid your criticism of not spending enough time on their computers? If you're going to throw out the accusation, at least be man enough to put a number on it.

And then you say:

Dude. Who, exactly, is insulting who here?

You're a customer. If you're not happy with the product, get your Warlock refund and move onto a product that better suits you. Why are you spending any time and money on a game you have such a low opinion of?

Had you just come along and said something like -- "Hey, this spell/ability doesn't have a sound or animation. Given the cost, it should. Are we going to see this addressed anytime soon?" -- You'd have far fewer people calling you out. In fact, I bet you'd have a lot of people agreeing with you! But, instead, you've inflated the importance of a couple minor cosmetic issues that many people were completely unaware of, threatened the game with a bad review to your hypothetical 900K FB subscribers (to which I say, "Do it!"), and taken a bunch of pot-shots at the devs.

You may have had good intentions... but you turned your own thread into a joke.
    Yeah, right.. because of the way I said it, turbine not going to take me seriously?, where is the professionalism. Like what do you know about the product, art design.

I didn't threat turbine. People kept asking me different question so I just simply had to reply, I did not try to attack turbine. You really don't understand how those things work. It's an insult because this product is very unfinished and we are paying for it. What else should I say.. give a hug?.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    It should be using the same sounds as the Cone shape blasts, since it's based off that; we'll take a look at why it's not grabbing that. The animation it's using, if I recall, is the same one Eldrich Burst and Spirit Blast use, because we wanted it to be fast to cast; we can look into a slower but more visually appealing one if players would rather have that, though.
    I have so much respect for you just for replying. May I ask if this was intented to work correctly before releasing? does it work alright as it should today?.

Edit: I'm not sure who designed this specifically, but it's pretty poorly designed steel. I would love to hear a word from you. I think slowing it down would be a bad idea. Some people I believe like to cast it quick since its damage.
    Last edited by Angelic-council; 06-30-2015 at 06:20 AM.

if you slow it down i will rage :P

[QUOTE=Angelic-council;5642675]
    DDO has no PvP, no end game, only infinite exp farming with many flaws. Some and many skills are copied and some of them has no sound. We have client (server) errors all the time, and it's affecting our game play, wether it's a lag or screen freeze. Despite all the negatives in this game, I still believe DDO is good and definitely worth a sharing. I just have to see this... hard work. Believe me or not, some online games are much more complicated than DDO, but developers there always communicate with their customers and always try to fix bugs. Many developers.. I personally know spend so much time on the computer that... It's just wow.QUOTE]

May I ask, why you EVEN play DDO.. sounds like you just listed many reasons not too (according to you)
    "Denn Die Toten Reiten Schnell"
    "For The Dead Travel Fast"

Quote Originally Posted by Vulkoorex View Post
    Best post in this thread.
    *chuckles* /agree. I do think that the belt is too big for her though.

Steel, yeah, it would be nice to see the Eldritch Wave animation and damage numbers, but please do not slow it down.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

Quote Originally Posted by Vulkoorex View Post
    Best post in this thread.
    *chuckles* /agree. I do think that the belt is too big for her though.

It should be using the same sounds [...] because we wanted it to be fast to cast; we can look into a slower but more visually appealing one if players would rather have that, though.
    Did the kobolds tested the soound?
    Steel, yeah, it would be nice to see the Eldritch Wave animation and damage numbers, but please do not slow it down.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrande View Post
    Did the kobolds tested the sound?
    Did the Kobolds test the sound? What are you implying dear sir?

As an acting representative of the Kobold Union: Stormreach Sewer Workers 419 I must correct your mischaracterization by telling you that kobolds do not test the sounds for DDO. As any informed citizen would know, kobolds are blessed with the powers of omnisniffience. We are certified and licensed smell testers for DDO.

Think about it, have you yet experienced an update where the game gave off a foul smell? No! You know why? Because us kobolds diligently bug-tested all releases for any obnoxious odors or putrid stenches. It was grueling, agonizing work I can assure you. But because of the heroic sacrifice of countless kobolds I am proud to say no release has even made it to Lammania that affected the quality of the Olfactory experience that is DDO.
    Kobold never forgive....kobold remember waterworks.

Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    i'll be putting a bug into our system.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrande View Post
    Having looked into this, i am seeing both an animation (a combination of the first attack in an Eldritch Cone sequence and the Eldritch Burst arm swing) and damage numbers.

That said, it does indeed appear to be missing audio, so i'll be putting a bug into our system to get that fixed.

Hero, Mo Bro H'ro, & MB Super-H'ro ComicRelief's Avatar

Default A Bug?

*snip*
    ...[I]'ll be putting a bug into our system...*snip*
    I'd much rather you take bugs out of the system (hehehe).

{Oh! you meant bug report...}
    "...At least it tells us they understand our language; they're just not willing to speak to us in it. -Who knew they were French?"

Quote Originally Posted by ComicRelief View Post
    I'd much rather you take bugs out of the system (hehehe).

{Oh! you meant bug report...}
    In the real world, context is everything. But too late for that, this is the internets. (see below...meant in jest to a fellow kobold).
    Kobold never forgive....kobold remember waterworks.

i'll be putting a bug into our system.

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angelic-council View Post
    Ok guys... I really do appreciate turbine for releasing this new warlock class, but after testing and testing... I realized something seriously major in warlocks.

I'm just shocked.. Soul eater tier 5 spell: Eldritch wave has very very poor animation and no sound effect (why?). Tainted scholar tier 5 spell: Eldritch ball is a copy of "Hellball" and it has no after effect once you hit it on enemies. I can go on and on... poor animation and no sound effect/copied effect..

May I ask what's going on? I'm an graphic designer and I know how hard it's to make new spells, especially while you are working on multiple projects. But... can it be this bad?. Can we get an update on both, graphic and sound near future?
    Video or it didn't happen. Especially since the devs said they aren't seeing it. It may be a race/class combo making it this way for you.

"Hey, this spell/ability doesn't have a sound or animation. Given the cost, it should. Are we going to see this addressed anytime soon? "

If u consider the price of Druid and they only have one animation for everything.. animal form wise.. and also both forms dont have a rest Shrine animation.. even though they already have bears and wolves sleeping animations..

u may consider yourself lucky u only missing the sound.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by niehues View Post
    "Hey, this spell/ability doesn't have a sound or animation. Given the cost, it should. Are we going to see this addressed anytime soon? "

If u consider the price of Druid and they only have one animation for everything.. animal form wise.. and also both forms dont have a rest Shrine animation.. even though they already have bears and wolves sleeping animations..

u may consider yourself lucky u only missing the sound.
    They have animal forms. That's not nothing.

nope - like it fast cast.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Seikojin View Post
    Video or it didn't happen. Especially since the devs said they aren't seeing it. It may be a race/class combo making it this way for you.
    We don't need video anymore. Developers already replied and they will look into this.

I'm afraid, there is little to nothing developers can do about animation, but hopefully they will add a sound. I'm just curious did they really tested it before releasing.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Draculetta View Post

May I ask, why you EVEN play DDO.. sounds like you just listed many reasons not too (according to you)
    I only speak the truth. I never lied to anyone in the past here. never. Just because I said those things, it doesn't mean I come here to attack DDO. I already said multiple of times, that DDO is a good game. But this game has changed in a weird way... this spell has no sound... that spell has no visual effect. I just don't know what's going on with the graphic design department. Aren't they all have interesting ideas? or they not willing to try hard, just copy paste etc.

I'm asking those questions because I like this game, and I know DDO could be better.

So.. developers didn't reply to me directly, they just waiting until someone ask them nicely and even then... they might not reply. Bug report? I already contacted cordovan when I first made forum account, I was very nice and explained everything about "implosion bug" he didn't even reply and only after 2 years, they mentioned something was wrong with the spell.

Again, I think my question was very serious and I didn't mean to attack anyone. But people take it personal rather than proffesional. This really dissapoints me.. we are not kids right?. If someone was angry, I would try to control the situation, and look.. some people do that and it works. But others choose not to and look for fight.
    Last edited by Angelic-council; 06-30-2015 at 03:26 PM.

Community Member

[QUOTE=Angelic-council;5642675]
    DDO has no PvP, no end game, only infinite exp farming with many flaws.[QUOTE]

i agree on the PvP but thats not really an issue to me, pvp sucks in most games anyways since pvp is always unbalanced in some way

but i do strongly disagree on that end game thing. ddo does have an endgame, and i like it alot. right now the endgame isn't really a 'stay on cap and do raids' thing like it has been years ago
    right now you can improve your character (if you want to) and still get those raids done. right now ddo's endgame is way more satisfying than it ever was!
    if you prefer to stay on cap for raiding or to eTR and run raids with a lower level > who cares as long as you have fun?!

the game always is, what you make out of it. you CAN farm alot of xp if that is what you want to, but i've discovered, that most people with a grindy playstyle are more likely to quit the game early
    hence my mantra: digressing and sidequesting. its alot of fun if you get out of that xp/min thinking

Quote Originally Posted by Angelic-council View Post
    it's an insult to everyone who plays DDO. We are not being taken seriously. As a game designer, something like this has to be taken seriously. Not copy paste and lazy art work. I'm not only talking about eldritch wave,'s ok.
    I seen this problem right away with Wheelon pack- Enemies no longer switch to melee from shooter..very lame..archers would never hit in melee with a bow (in d&d weapons like bow need to save ,every attack they hit)
    Cut and paste ,yes many of newer pack enemies look like that,no surprise the Warlock is getting same treatment.

As an artist ,i see few cool designs, that is like some of the older packs- very noticeable

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234