Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Raid Timer Bypass and Against the Demon Queen

So I want to run a couple Epic ADQ, and found I had a handfull of Raid Timer Bypasses from years ago in the bank. Is there a trick to using them for ADQ, or does the preraid make it impossible? I tried and got the " You can't reset ADQ1 here, To use your reset timer speak to the quest giver" message when talking to the djinn.
    (Say): Haywire says, '"Hey, I don't come into yer home and play with things."'

Community Member

Were they Legendary Raid Timers or the old Epic versions?
    Afunkymunky/Drkivorkian, Helter Skelter on Ghallanda

Epic Ring of Spell Storing--https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...+spell+storing

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus2011 View Post
    Were they Legendary Raid Timers or the old Epic versions?
    The original timers. I got them years ago, before there were Legendary Raids. I think I got them from the "Red Box" card crunching event. They worked on E Cronoscope.

Community Member

Interesting; they should work with DQ, although I'll admit I've never actually used one for that particular raid.

Epic Ring of Spell Storing--https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...+spell+storing

Interesting; they should work with DQ, although I'll admit I've never actually used one for that particular raid.
    I suspect it has to do with the fact that ADQ1 preraid has the 3 day timer, but is not actually a raid? I was a little afraid I'd have a problem with this. I think ADQ is the only raid left that has a non-raid reflagging mechanic. Maybe this hasn't been much of an issue, so it never got looked at?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by cdemeritt View Post
    I suspect it has to do with the fact that ADQ1 preraid has the 3 day timer, but is not actually a raid? I was a little afraid I'd have a problem with this. I think ADQ is the only raid left that has a non-raid reflagging mechanic. Maybe this hasn't been much of an issue, so it never got looked at?
    I've used timers with that raid in the past. Unless SSG has changed something, I'd suggest you verify your flagging status.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pyed-Pyper View Post
    I've used timers with that raid in the past. Unless SSG has changed something, I'd suggest you verify your flagging status.
    Yep. I used a few back in the day. It definitely used to work. You still have to do the pre raid after a reset.

Community Member

Imagine if people could do 20 runs in like 60 mins, which is still 3 times more time than what anything in there is worth.

Just want to make sure you're actually on the 3 day timer for the raid itself (Zawabi's Revenge) and not just ADQ. It is possible to be locked out of ADQ (pre-raid) due to having finished it but not the raid itself. It's not possible to reset ADQ if ZR is not also complete (and yes, this situation has come up before in game... though it is possible to red-box ADQ provided at least one person in the party is flagged and not on a timer). Once the raid proper is done, you should be able to use a timer then talk to Zawabi to have him re-grant you the pre-raid and raid combo.

At least that's how it's worked for me in the past. Haven't tried in a while.

And apologies is this is the case. Your OP wasn't clear (to me) if you wanted to run the pre-raid multiple times or both the pre-raid and raid multiple times.
    Last edited by vryxnr; 12-16-2018 at 06:01 AM.

Default "red door farming"

So I want to run a couple Epic ADQ, and found I had a handfull of Raid Timer Bypasses from years ago in the bank. Is there a trick to using them for ADQ, or does the preraid make it impossible? I tried and got the " You can't reset ADQ1 here, To use your reset timer speak to the quest giver" message when talking to the djinn.
    the easiest way of repeating Against the Demon Queen without doing the raid and without the need of raid timer bypass hourglasses is of course to have a second account available with a character who is flagged for AtDQ.
    The second character can just wait anywhere while he is in your group and you can red door AtDQ then.

If you dont have this the second way is to have at least one more person in your group who does AtDQ with you.
    After finishing the quest one person remains in the quest and waits until one other person finished out and says he got the entry window open (but he doesn't enter yet) then everyone else finish out.
    The person with the "red door" enters the quest then and he is in a fresh instance of this quest and everyone else in the group can also enter this new fresh instance.
    This can be repeated an unlimited time and works on any quest you can do with the "red door" option.

red door means btw. that a red colored warning text appears on your entry window that you are not on the right goal for the quest and you normally should see the quest giver then.

Quote Originally Posted by Chacka_DDO View Post
    the easiest way of repeating Against the Demon Queen without doing the raid and without the need of raid timer bypass hourglasses is of course to have a second account available with a character who is flagged for AtDQ.
    The second character can just wait anywhere while he is in your group and you can red door AtDQ then.
    Except, it is the raid chest I needed, as I was looking for Greater Tokens of the 12. AtDQ is the easiest raid for me to solo that gives the Greater Tokens. Also, if by chance I were to get the Seal/Shard of the Ring of Spell Storing along the way... I had been having far better luck pulling tokens from eAtDQ2 than I was from the eChronoscope... I'm also not sure you can "Red Door" AtDQ1 anymore. One of my earlier runs, I forgot to pick up the quest on one account, and while the other account entered the quest, the one that had not picked up the quest was not allowed in, and I could not "share" the quest. He had to recall, and get the quest from Zawabi. I'm suspecting these changes were made to combat "Red Door" abuse, and either the raid timer bypass changes were made when Legendary Raid Timer Bypasses were introduced that affected AtDQ that were either not caught, or not addressed as the number of people using timer bypasses for AtDQ are probably pretty low. Until Greater Token hunting, I hadn't run a AtDQ more than once a life for favor.

*Side Note* Could we please get a teleport "guide" in the Desert? Running to the Wiz King isn't too bad, but getting to Chains and AtDQ1 is obnoxious for repeat runs....
    Last edited by cdemeritt; 12-16-2018 at 01:08 PM.

AFAIK, red boxing part one only works if you've already completed part one but not yet completed part two. Red Boxing ADQ (pre-raid) will not work if you've not completed it yet, are not flagged, or are on the timer for the raid. And you'll still need a party member who can enter it normally.

I plan on doing a few runs in the next few days, so I'll double check that it still works, but I have done this since the release of legendary raid timer bypasses, so that definitely did not remove that functionality.

(the reason for wanting to do multiple pre-raid runs before finishing the raid itself is because wilderness shards can drop in the end/epic chest there. While they can also drop in the end/epic chest of the raid, the raid chest also has the shards for the raid specific items. This it's an even lower chance of getting a wilderness item shard from the raid vs the pre-raid. If you want an Epic Torc, run the raid many times. If you want an Epic RoSS, maximize your pre-raid runs)

...but yeah, ADQ/ZR is a great source of tokens/greater tokens. Make absolutely sure you're on a timer(you got your end reward from Zawabi), then use a raid timer bypass, then talk to Zawabi twice. That should reset and let you back into ADQ again. Talking to him twice is paramount though. First time resets the quest, the second time actually grants it.
    Last edited by vryxnr; 12-16-2018 at 02:16 PM.

Except, it is the raid chest I needed, as I was looking for Greater Tokens of the 12. AtDQ is the easiest raid for me to solo that gives the Greater Tokens. Also, if by chance I were to get the Seal/Shard of the Ring of Spell Storing along the way... I had been having far better luck pulling tokens from eAtDQ2 than I was from the eChronoscope... I'm also not sure you can "Red Door" AtDQ1 anymore. One of my earlier runs, I forgot to pick up the quest on one account, and while the other account entered the quest, the one that had not picked up the quest was not allowed in, and I could not "share" the quest. He had to recall, and get the quest from Zawabi. I'm suspecting these changes were made to combat "Red Door" abuse, and either the raid timer bypass changes were made when Legendary Raid Timer Bypasses were introduced that affected AtDQ that were either not caught, or not addressed as the number of people using timer bypasses for AtDQ are probably pretty low. Until Greater Token hunting, I hadn't run a AtDQ more than once a life for favor.

*Side Note* Could we please get a teleport "guide" in the Desert? Running to the Wiz King isn't too bad, but getting to Chains and AtDQ1 is obnoxious for repeat runs....
    Of course if you want to do the raid wich is by the way called Zawabi's Revenge there is no way around doing Against the Demon Queen too but you talked about AtDQ which is clearly the pre quest to the raid

Of course if you want to do the raid wich is by the way called Zawabi's Revenge there is no way around doing Against the Demon Queen too but you talked about AtDQ which is clearly the pre quest to the raid
    While this is true, I often feel like I'm the only one who refers to it that way. At least on my main server when I'm on everyone refers to the raid as ADQ or DQ (sometimes adq/dq part 2) rather than ZR. I've Been trying to spread the habit of referring to things by what they actually are, but old habits/community norms are hard to break. Glad to see I'm not completely alone. lol. (also why I always say Epic Reinc and never ETR, but that's a completely different rant)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by vryxnr View Post
    While this is true, I often feel like I'm the only one who refers to it that way. At least on my main server when I'm on everyone refers to the raid as ADQ or DQ (sometimes adq/dq part 2) rather than ZR. I've Been trying to spread the habit of referring to things by what they actually are, but old habits/community norms are hard to break. Glad to see I'm not completely alone. lol. (also why I always say Epic Reinc and never ETR, but that's a completely different rant)
    There are several more examples, such as WK for wizard king. It’s just what people refer to them as.

Quote Originally Posted by vryxnr View Post
    I'm also with you on the ER mission

There are several more examples, such as WK for wizard king. It’s just what people refer to them as.
    It is a difference to call something different or wrong, if you add a true to an ER it is simply wrong because an ER is much closer to an LR.
    A true Reincarnation also means you favor is erased and you loose all discovered maps you have to empty your reincarnation cache and more.
    Therefore an ER is NOT a TR and to call it this way is simply wrong.

Personally, I also say normally I do Raiyum but WK is also ok because it's just a different but not wrong way to tell what you want.
    But if you call the raid AtDQ or ADQ it is simply wrong, while DQ raid would be ok because you fight the Demon Queen there.
    But the acronym AtDQ is clearly Against the Demon Queen which is clearly the pre-raid and nothing else.
    And if you use this acronym for the raid Zawabi's Revenge it is simply wrong no matter how many others do it!

It is a difference to call something different or wrong, if you add a true to an ER it is simply wrong because an ER is much closer to an LR.
    A true Reincarnation also means you favor is erased and you loose all discovered maps you have to empty your reincarnation cache and more.
    Therefore an ER is NOT a TR and to call it this way is simply wrong.

Personally, I also say normally I do Raiyum but WK is also ok because it's just a different but not wrong way to tell what you want.
    But if you call the raid AtDQ or ADQ it is simply wrong, while DQ raid would be ok because you fight the Demon Queen there.
    But the acronym AtDQ is clearly Against the Demon Queen which is clearly the pre-raid and nothing else.
    And if you use this acronym for the raid Zawabi's Revenge it is simply wrong no matter how many others do it!

Eh. If you say so. But for the past 11 years, every guild I've been in and most LFMs I've seen use ADQ for both Raid/Pre-Raid. If the intent was to run only the Pre-Raid they'd say ADQ1 only or Raid only, ADQ2 only. Either way whatever.

Anyways back to the point of the thread. Something has changed, Maybe it was my old timers, maybe it was something recent with SSG, I don't know, but talking to Zawabi after using the timer gave me an Error message saying I need to talk to the quest giver... and did not reset the raid. I tried 2x on 2 different accounts and got the same results. All was not lost, as some lucky pulls in EChronoscope, and I got the Tokens I needed.

Quote Originally Posted by NemesisAlien View Post
    I tried to repeat the arc, did the 1st quest, now the arc giver wont talk to me, there is a pop up saying need to use raid timer bypass, w t f? o.O
    I'm pretty sure there's a new bug in the game, as someone else reported exactly the same problem with Catacombs. And yeah, Catacombs isn't a raid, so clearly there's some weird bug going on that's throwing the "You need to use a bypass" message.

WHy i need a raid timer bypass to repeat the catercombs

Community Member

Default Same Problem

Hey everyone, I think this is defenitly a problem to work on, cause I encountered just the same. I did adq and ZR last weekend, got my reward from Zawabi and then I used some hourglass I had in my bank for ages. I get the same message for 4 days now - much longer then the raid needs to reset in regular ways. I did my 18th run and just wanted to complete 20, before TR

I will have a DM ticket about it and will report, if I get any information.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast