Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Favor Farming

Default Favor Farming

UPDATED

This thread originally started with one build + quest list concept (acrobat running 200 favor), but has evolved to offer multiple variants. This OP has been repurposed to be a table of contents with a short overview for comparison.

In general, each build uses only starter gear except for a weapon, which you need to either find as a lootgen or cannith craft something.

I'm pretty slow at character creation, taking around 12 minutes before I enter the first quest regardless of build. This could no doubt be speeded up.

200 Favor Run - Rogue Acrobat Shadar-kai (or PDK)
    50 TP in 52:37 (average 25 TP every 26:19)
    12:22 to go from character creation to entering first quest
    39:24 spent questing (11.76 seconds per favor)
    Weapon: Any melee quarterstaff, plus some blank hammer & chain ones for oozes (or craft Force of Everbright)
    Special Requirements: None

300 Favor Run - Sorcerer Air/Fire Savant Morninglord (or PDK)
    75 TP in 66:07 (average 25 TP every 22:02)
    12:43 to go from character creation to entering first quest
    52:50 spent questing (10.57 seconds per favor)
    Weapon: Magnetism of Electric Lore
    Special Requirements: Opener should partially run through Baudry chain and Delera's chain so it can open Retrieve the Stolen Goods and Return to Delera's Tomb.

In both cases, the PDK variant is pure theory craft. I've only personally run the Shadar-kai and Morninglord builds.

The quest list I did in the first three circuits is okay, but not great.

Starting off, I tell Elminster I don't want his training, go to the mailbox in eveningstar to get a guild invite and 1000 plat, then the bank in Eveningstar to pick up my quarterstaffs, then the fighter/barb/rogue trainers in Eveningstar, which are all conveniently standing right next to each other. I levelup, spend 56 AP, put on the starter gear, join the guild and sprint boost to the airship in Eveningstar cavern. Grab the buff bar for run speed in public areas then exit to House Phiarlan.

1) Church and the Cult (using an epic alt from my main account)
    2) Purge the Heretics
    3) Caged Trolls
    4) Tomb of the Immortal Heart
    5) Garrison's Missing Pack
    6) Durk's Got a Secret
    7) Information is Key
    8) Collaborator
    9) Kobold's New Ringleader
    10) Missing In Action
    11) Sunken Sewer
    12) Forgotten Caverns
    13) Ruined Halls
    14) Mirra's Sleepless Nights
    15-18) Depths chain

That's exactly 201 favor, but I'm unhappy with how long Church and the Cult is, and also Collaborator, since I have to physically bring my opener alt to Korthos and enter the quest so the farmer can redbox it. So I'd like to ditch both of those quests. The rest are pretty solid.

Those two quests are worth 27 favor, so I could replace them with three base 3s. Which base 3s would you recommend?

Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar

Redwillow and Dead Predators are both in House J (where you're at for Mirra's) giving 15/12. Could do graverobber if you kill undead really fast, but it's kind of a slog so probably not.
    With sprint boost like yours, Redwillow is a super fast zerg (obv skip the opts XD). I have 3min completion on an iconic air sorc (dashes ftw)

They're super fast, but I think it's at least a bit ahead of adding Korthos to your trip (considering you're in House J already).

Good Luck!
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.

Redwillow was originally on my list to 400, but seems a bit slow. All the quests in the 200 run (except CatC) are 2 minutes or less. Some are less than 1 minute. (A couple of the Depths ones.)

Still, 3 minutes is noticeably faster than the 4 minutes it takes me to finish Church and the Cult.

One thing about Redwillow is it's a bit out of the way. (Dead Predators, however, is right there.) I can sprint boost + vault from Ruined Halls to Mirra's Sleepless Nights on a single sprint boost, then after Mirra I take the house teleporter to Deneith for the Depths chain. Even still, Redwillow is only slightly out of the way, so it's worth considering.

For three 3-base quests I'm considering:
    - Recovering the Lost Tome (most of the time is running, which is perfect for this, but startup is super slow)
    - Stealthy Repossession? (Would involve passing invisibility pots)
    - The two Cerulean Fields quests (both are base 3)
    - Chamber of Insanity (not having ghost touch is annoying)
    - Lair of Summoning

Lair of Summoning looks like a 1-minute quest with a fast runner, so that's a winner. Stealthy would definitely be less than 2:00, but it costs pots. Maybe I could figure out a way to do it quickly without pots? Maybe just kill everything in the first couple bunch-ups, but not so many that I fail the quest.

EDIT: Dead Predators looks super fast, almost certainly faster than Collaborator to run and way faster to get to.

gotta get down those split seconds down pat.

Im kind of impressed with all the so many seconds this quest to that quest and that kind of micromanagement and forward thinking and planning.

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Redwillow was originally on my list to 400, but seems a bit slow. All the quests in the 200 run (except CatC) are 2 minutes or less. Some are less than 1 minute. (A couple of the Depths ones.)

Still, 3 minutes is noticeably faster than the 4 minutes it takes me to finish Church and the Cult.

One thing about Redwillow is it's a bit out of the way. (Dead Predators, however, is right there.) I can sprint boost + vault from Ruined Halls to Mirra's Sleepless Nights on a single sprint boost, then after Mirra I take the house teleporter to Deneith for the Depths chain. Even still, Redwillow is only slightly out of the way, so it's worth considering.

- Recovering the Lost Tome (most of the time is running, which is perfect for this, but startup is super slow)
    - Lair of Summoning

Lair of Summoning looks like a 1-minute quest with a fast runner, so that's a winner. Stealthy would definitely be less than 2:00, but it costs pots. Maybe I could figure out a way to do it quickly without pots? Maybe just kill everything in the first couple bunch-ups, but not so many that I fail the quest.

EDIT: Dead Predators looks super fast, almost certainly faster than Collaborator to run and way faster to get to.
    If I think back on it, I had ddoor which makes Redwillow a lot faster. Probs not an option, so that's out. Sorry, wasn't thinking lol.

Mail yourself the invis pots with the 1k plat and guild invite? You might be fast enough to straight zerg past most of it, esp if you have vault (doesn't care about dungeon alert) but I really don't know the quest well. If they don't hit you you don't get slowed, however.
    Cerulean quests are fairly fast, but there's a bit of runtime to get there IMO so I think you'd lose out.
    Weirdly enough Path to madness (intro to Xorian) is also a base 3 quest? I don't know if I've found a faster quest actually, esp for 9 favor. Could just zerg, enter xorian, and recall from there. In House J, not too far out of the way.

Adding another House doesn't seem super efficient, esp if you're dual-boxing like it sounds.
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.

Sovereign Vorpal Halfling of Supreme Good scipiojedi's Avatar

- Lair of Summoning

Seems like with all this typing and posting on the forums you could have farmed another 400 favor by now
    Working for free makes it very difficult to spend money on swords.
    https://www.twitch.tv/romanragnorak/
    YouTube Channel
    -My main is Jobus on Khyber but I do play my alts regularly -

Quote Originally Posted by scipiojedi View Post
    Seems like with all this typing and posting on the forums you could have farmed another 400 favor by now
    hehheh.

In fairness, I already did the first 3 circuits. Just one more left so I have time to tweak.

Here's what I'm going to try for the final run:

1) Purge the Heretics
    2) Caged Trolls
    3) Tomb of the Immortal Heart
    4) Garrison's Missing Pack
    5) Durk's Got a Secret
    6) Information is Key
    7) Bringing the Light
    8) Kobold's New Ringleader
    9) Missing In Action
    10) Sunken Sewer
    11) Forgotten Caverns
    12) Lair of Summoning
    13) Ruined Halls
    15) Dead Predators
    16) Depths chain

Removes Church & the Cult (5) and Collborator (4), then adds Bringing the Light (2), Liar of Summoning (3) and Dead Predators (4).

It occurs to me that two circuits pays for a Deathblock augment, which isn't terrible.

Traveler of the Skies
    Minotaur Annihilator

I never use invisibility (or stealth) in there. Just run & pull levers. By the time the kobolds react, you are on the way to the next lever. Don't go over the bridge, just jump off to the right for the two levers there, then run to the end and pick up the eye. If I can do that routinely at level 4, your favor farmer should have no problem with it.

Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter

Default Iconics

I rolled L15 warlock iconics and used this link, http://ddowiki.com/page/Quests_by_favor

I did allot of Shadow of a Doubt (just outside from where you leave Elminster after rolling up) and A Relic of A Sovereign Past. The LoD chain adds on favor fast as well. Also on an iconic don't forget Tear, Pit and Xorian cypher for big fav hits.

Smile

This is the most interesting thread I've read on here in some time.

Here's what I'm going to try for the final run:

1) Purge the Heretics
    2) Caged Trolls
    3) Tomb of the Immortal Heart
    4) Garrison's Missing Pack
    5) Durk's Got a Secret
    6) Information is Key
    7) Bringing the Light
    8) Kobold's New Ringleader
    9) Missing In Action
    10) Sunken Sewer
    11) Forgotten Caverns
    12) Lair of Summoning
    13) Ruined Halls
    15) Dead Predators
    16) Depths chain
    This was noticeably faster. Just under 45 minutes all told from start to finish, including a bit of chat with a guildie. You could probably get this under 40 minutes without too much trouble.

The fastest I can roll up a new character, level to 15, get my mail, set up my hotbars and get to the airship is around 10 minutes. I'm wondering if there might be a faster 400 favor circuit +10 minute character creation as opposed to 2x200 +20 minutes to roll up two new characters.

Largely moot, since I earned my 200 TP and am all done. Woohoo!

Treasure Hunter

Default Time

This was noticeably faster. Just under 45 minutes all told from start to finish, including a bit of chat with a guildie. You could probably get this under 40 minutes without too much trouble.

The fastest I can roll up a new character, level to 15, get my mail, set up my hotbars and get to the airship is around 10 minutes. I'm wondering if there might be a faster 400 favor circuit +10 minute character creation as opposed to 2x200 +20 minutes to roll up two new characters.

Largely moot, since I earned my 200 TP and am all done. Woohoo!
    Congrnts!

Shadow of Doubt can be done on HE in exactly 4 minutes for 18 favor right out the gate after creation.

There are tips and tricks for other quests that greatly reduce completion times. I made a warlock with DDoor.

I choose to spend time in A Relic of a Sovereign Past, so that I have 15 peices of Adamantine Ore on each server for future use. Drat, didn't get a Pale Green Ioun Stone on any server from Shadow, but would have been nice for future use as well. I was hoping for a Planar Gird and/or bracers from Cupher, but no luck their either : ) )

Quote Originally Posted by Frogger1234 View Post
    I never use invisibility (or stealth) in there. Just run & pull levers. By the time the kobolds react, you are on the way to the next lever. Don't go over the bridge, just jump off to the right for the two levers there, then run to the end and pick up the eye. If I can do that routinely at level 4, your favor farmer should have no problem with it.
    I was going to say this too BUT I then remembered that without invis pots once you pick up the gem you have to clear the kobolds chasing you before you can safely recall out - the op doesn't have ddoor on his favour farmers so he will have to take that extra time to get out of the quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Livmo View Post
    Shadow of Doubt can be done on HE in exactly 4 minutes for 18 favor right out the gate after creation.
    How? Don't you have to run to Eveningstar to level up as a warlock? Or are there trainers in Wheloon? (I should probably explore the Wheloon town area at some point...)

There are tips and tricks for other quests that greatly reduce completion times. I made a warlock with DDoor.
    Yeah, not having DDoor was the biggest bummer, but my thinking was that running @ +47% speed with sprint boost and vault without DDoor made up for running @ +32% speed with DDoor.

I choose to spend time in A Relic of a Sovereign Past, so that I have 15 peices of Adamantine Ore on each server for future use.
    For what? Now that they're no longer used in cannith crafting to make construct banes, I find little value in them. Other than a stick build, I don't see much need for adamantine rituals in the stone of change.

I was hoping for a Planar Gird and/or bracers from Cupher, but no luck their either : ) )
    The problem with both cipher and VON3 (I have both listed as contenders in the 400 favor run) is that I would have to drag the opener through the prequest or my farmer wouldn't be able to open the second part on elite. Anything that involves the opener is a pretty significant slowdown compared to just sprinting from quest to quest with the farmer.

The problem with both cipher and VON3 (I have both listed as contenders in the 400 favor run) is that I would have to drag the opener through the prequest or my farmer wouldn't be able to open the second part on elite.
    Uh for Xorian you'd also have to drag the opener into the quest so you can open upstairs and downstairs {4 bodies required = 2 players and 2 hirelings as your character doesn't have a Pet and you can't use Owlbear or Panther}.

Treasure Hunter

Default Yes and no.

How? Don't you have to run to Eveningstar to level up as a warlock?

Yeah, not having DDoor was the biggest bummer, but my thinking was that running @ +47% speed with sprint boost and vault without DDoor made up for running @ +32% speed with DDoor.

For what? Now that they're no longer used in cannith crafting to make construct banes, I find little value in them. Other than a stick build, I don't see much need for adamantine rituals in the stone of change.

The problem with both cipher and VON3 (I have both listed as contenders in the 400 favor run) is that I would have to drag the opener through the prequest or my farmer wouldn't be able to open the second part on elite.
    You can roll an Iconic Gnome Wizard. I did some of these and was not too impressed. They felt somewhat gimpy IMO. I went back to Sun Elf/warlock and Shadar-Kais (arty/wiz and/or rouge) and for those you have to run to a trainer in ES :/

Livmo on each server is a pure arty except Sarlona (farming past lives ATM there). Arties wear medium armor, but I sometimes take the light armor instead. The ore is easy to get and you don't need all 15 for either armor (medium or light):

Hindsight being 20/20 now that I'm somewhat burnt on TPs farming (was tri-boxing) for a while, I should have rolled a PDK Fey Warlock for Misty Escape, but didn't think of that until I saw your post above.

Yeah IMO the favor was not worth it from Cipher, because I didn't pull the named items I wanted. It was worth a shot tho. The Chaosguard bracers make nice twink gear. I wanted the Heroism clickie to save plat on my lowbie arty 1st life.

--
    Free Heavy Fort Augment thanks to this weeks freebie:

November 24th - December 1st
    Jeweler's Tool Kit
    Use Coupon Code BLINGITUP 1/Account

AND

Last edited by Livmo; 11-28-2016 at 04:18 PM.

Community Member

and also Collaborator, since I have to physically bring my opener alt to Korthos and enter the quest so the farmer can redbox it. So I'd like to ditch both of those quests. The rest are pretty solid.
    Does the side entrance to the quest not work for redboxing? Not that I've tried, to be fair...

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    Uh for Xorian you'd also have to drag the opener into the quest so you can open upstairs and downstairs {4 bodies required = 2 players and 2 hirelings as your character doesn't have a Pet and you can't use Owlbear or Panther}.
    You don't need 4 bodies. Skeleton archers can be pushed back onto the pads (when you get too close, they jump directly away from you), so a hireling on right side and you on left is sufficient.

The problem with both cipher and VON3 (I have both listed as contenders in the 400 favor run) is that I would have to drag the opener through the prequest or my farmer wouldn't be able to open the second part on elite. Anything that involves the opener is a pretty significant slowdown compared to just sprinting from quest to quest with the farmer.
    Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    No, don't do Xorian. Do Path to Madness, then leave. It's 9 favor by itself. I recommended entering Xorian so you don't have to clear the mobs before recalling; don't actually run Xorian, it's a huge time sink to solo.
    P2M is literally run through, kill two mobs, get 9 favor.
    -Khysiria of Cannith

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast