Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Cannith Crafting recipes

Hello

So I have been watching some great YOUTUBE videos from gingerspyce channel about cannith crafting, so I understand how it works and now Im super curious to know as a 1st lifer ..what should I be looking for in terms of items to prep/store for crafting to be used possibly for alts or TR/ER. My main right now is a lev 11 WF Arty and noticed that his lowbie runearms from Korthos are crafteable!! and im also trying to level a human druid using gingerspyce;s caster build. My questions is directed at anyone who has experience with canntih crafting to know what should I be looking for in terms of items (named or other) as I see some posts talk about having items prepped for different type of mobs ( undead , demons, etc..) So im looking for a kind of basic shopping list of items and what shards/augments to put ....if it exists.

hope that makes sense.
    thanks
    TheMind

Quote Originally Posted by Ghallis View Post
    So im looking for a kind of basic shopping list of items and what shards/augments to put ....if it exists.
    What you make can depend a lot on your character class and role, so there's no real basic shopping list.

That said, I like to make a HP ring and a saving throw/PRR Bracer as general items that most of my characters can wear regardless. Everyone needs HP and saves/PRR.

Ring:
    Prefix - Constitution
    Suffix - False Life
    Extra - Insightful Constitution

Bracer:
    Prefix - Resistance
    Suffix - Insightful Physical Sheltering
    Extra - Sheltering

Crafting on blanks with a green slot gives you the most flexibility. I craft at levels in factors of 4, to match augments. Others like to craft at the level breaks where the affect goes up a pip. Whatever works for you.

Since Ravenloft and now U38 released items with 4 affects each plus set bonuses and augment slots I'm wearing Cannith crafted less and named items more. Cannith Crafting is still a good way to fill holes in your gear set.

If you aren't aware of the planner, you might want to take a look at it to see what works best for your build: http://ccplanner.byethost14.com/

At low levels I use a ring of:
    CON / Protection

At level 15 I move to a ring of:
    CON / Sheltering / Insightful CON

These rings have yellow slots and I put in topazes of acid resistance until level 26 when I use the Draconic Soul Gem.

For goggles, I have at various levels:
    Search / True Seeing / Insightful Search

I've also been making goggles of:
    Seeker / Deadly

I have armor at various levels that is:
    Vitality / Healing Amp / Parrying with fortification in a blue slot
    (although I just got a mimic belt with healing amp, so I'm probably going to re-do all of these with a different suffix)

For my trappers, I have sets of gloves for lock picking and trap disabling.

I have ooze beaters at various levels (5, 10, 15, 20) that are light damage / everbright / insightful deadly.

I have a general purpose DR breaker at level 10 that is a flametouched iron metalline / ??? / insightful deadly. (??? because I'm not sure what the best suffix is - I've been using bludgeoning, but it doesn't do much damage, so it seems like a waste. Also, I've found that the level 10 weapon works all the way until level 20 for me.)

I like Niminae's suggestion for bracers, as it is one of the few slots where you can get resistance. A good alternative that I normally use is the Bracers of Wind from the Cannith Challenges because they include blurry (which doesn't show up on many items) and dodge.

I have some named gear that I build around (like the mimic belt, Orcish Privateers Boots, the Helm of Freewill) and loot gen gear that can't be crafted (boots of speed).

The rest of my crafted gear tends to be based upon the individual class.

If you want to keep your inventory and item swapping somewhat less maddening, I recommend skipping the best-in-class gear and sticking with gear that's good enough and trying to keep certain effects on certain slots, like always keeping your fortification on your armor slot or false life in your belt slot. This mentality has saved me many gearing headaches and let me spend more time playing and enjoying the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricosene View Post
    I like Niminae's suggestion for bracers, as it is one of the few slots where you can get resistance. A good alternative that I normally use is the Bracers of Wind from the Cannith Challenges because they include blurry (which doesn't show up on many items) and dodge.
    I craft resistance, usually on hats, but it's also one of the few effects where you can get by with the augment version instead. Resistance augments are essentially -1 compared to crafted through heroics (-2 in high heroics), so it's pretty close, and you can slot it pretty much anywhere. And as a bonus, ML12 and ML16 augments can be purchased for Gianthold relics. ie: Dirt cheap.

The other useful scaling effects where the augment is close enough to be a viable substitute for crafted are False Life and Striding. Non-scaling effects are always better as an augment unless ML is a concern.

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    I craft resistance, usually on hats, but it's also one of the few effects where you can get by with the augment version instead. Resistance augments are essentially -1 compared to crafted through heroics (-2 in high heroics), so it's pretty close, and you can slot it pretty much anywhere. And as a bonus, ML12 and ML16 augments can be purchased for Gianthold relics. ie: Dirt cheap.
    Thank you, this is a good idea for resistance. I hadn't checked on the augment version vs crafted. Currently I'm using my resistance gear from the old crafting system so it's part of my necklace slot, but moving to an augment will make it more flexible.