Default Sentient Jewel Types

Does the type have anything mechanically related to the game, or is it just the voice type for flavor? Like, is Resolute for Con, and Inquisitive for Int? I'm just trying to see if I need to get a specific gem on various toons, or just pick what sounds cool.
    Osake/Walcanar (and 29 other rarely played toons) of Argonnessen

Community Manager

The Sentient Jewel is deliberately not linked to statistical benefit, so players can use whichever personality they would like with whatever Filigree they want.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The Sentient Jewel is deliberately not linked to statistical benefit, so players can use whichever personality they would like with whatever Filigree they want.
    Is there a personality preview anywhere? Apologies if there is and it's obvious and easy to get to.

(I haven't logged in yet; the stupid Windows 10 Fall Creator Update decided to pick this afternoon to download and install on my computer.)

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Is there a personality preview anywhere? Apologies if there is and it's obvious and easy to get to.

(I haven't logged in yet; the stupid Windows 10 Fall Creator Update decided to pick this afternoon to download and install on my computer.)
    FYI: If your mic stops working in DDO, it's probably not DDO’s fault. FC-U decided to force me to use a different input port for my mic.
    Things worthy of Standing Stone going EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on.:
    • Epic and Legendary Mysterious ring upgrades, please.
    • Change the stack size of filigree in the shared bank to 50. The 5 stack makes the shared bank worthless for storing filigree in a human usable manner.
    • Fixing why I don't connect to the chat server for 5 minutes when I log into a game world.
    • Fixing the wonky Lightning Sphere and Tactical Det firing by converting them to use alchemist spell arcing.
    • Redoing the drop rates of tomes in generic and raid loot tables.

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumFX View Post
    I've seen that video before, and while I very much appreciate the effort, that particular video makes me want to gouge my eyes out. Around 30 seconds of rapid-fire clicking between each voice clip is brutally slow from a viewing perspective, and I don't readily see which voices are which. Just that there are voices, and some are different.

For context, I typically buy 20-30 different armors from the ah before I settle on using one for crafting. And if I buy an appearance kit in the store, I carefully inspect every single possible choice before deciding on the one to buy. In other words, I want to hear several clips (preferably all clips) for each voice before choosing the one I want.

Community Member

Someone added this quote to the wiki:

"Sentient Jewels are able to consume other sentient jewels and gain all the xp accumulated on the jewel consumed. So, you can start feeding the one you don't care about now until you get the one you do want." (cocomajobo, Discord 12-06-17)

Woopsy. I did that last week. On a new laptop.
    BSOD galore (Blue Screen of Death)!

Some very bad coding in that FCU, impacts games, any utility that overlays windows, IO-devices etc.
    MS help then ask for memory scan (deep scan 2x, 0 errors, ... new laptop) and driver check (pleeeese). But reverting back to old version on Windows 10 resolves the issue (you can do that if you have Windows 10 Professional, like me .

When what in fact happens is that some standard steps in many programs are now considered a privilege escalation (OK fine, BFD) and for some reason FCU does not simply log an security error or pops a message, nope, it simply crashes the whole system with a BSOD.
    Time and time again. I have now switched DDO to run as admin, all executables, fingers crossed. Otherwise I will have to de-install that FCU and wait for 180 days (max) but by that time I guess retail users will have helped to finish the beta-testing of this update of Windows ...

Offtopic:

Quote Originally Posted by Draeqo View Post
    Woopsy. I did that last week. On a new laptop.
    BSOD galore (Blue Screen of Death)!

Some very bad coding in that FCU, impacts games, any utility that overlays windows, IO-devices etc.
    MS help then ask for memory scan (deep scan 2x, 0 errors, ... new laptop) and driver check (pleeeese). But reverting back to old version on Windows 10 resolves the issue (you can do that if you have Windows 10 Professional, like me .

When what in fact happens is that some standard steps in many programs are now considered a privilege escalation (OK fine, BFD) and for some reason FCU does not simply log an security error or pops a message, nope, it simply crashes the whole system with a BSOD.
    Time and time again. I have now switched DDO to run as admin, all executables, fingers crossed. Otherwise I will have to de-install that FCU and wait for 180 days (max) but by that time I guess retail users will have helped to finish the beta-testing of this update of Windows ...
    Yeah, it killed my video driver completely, as in removed it from my machine entirely, which left my HD display in 1024x768. Fortunately NVidia posted a new driver for my card last Friday, and installing that seems to have righted my ship. I haven't logged into any games yet, so fingers crossed.

On the plus side, none of my Lite Tools do anything suspicious, so those appear to be working fine under this new update. (Though it's possible I set them to Run as Administrator so clicking links opens the default browser. If so, well, at least that still works.)

I've seen that video before, and while I very much appreciate the effort, that particular video makes me want to gouge my eyes out. Around 30 seconds of rapid-fire clicking between each voice clip is brutally slow from a viewing perspective, and I don't readily see which voices are which. Just that there are voices, and some are different.

For context, I typically buy 20-30 different armors from the ah before I settle on using one for crafting. And if I buy an appearance kit in the store, I carefully inspect every single possible choice before deciding on the one to buy. In other words, I want to hear several clips (preferably all clips) for each voice before choosing the one I want.
    Yeah, the video does have an unedited feel to it, but I appreciate that it's out there all the same. And I can tell from what little experience I have with the jewels that it's very difficult to get them to talk "on cue" - it could take a lot of editing of a very long video to come up with a more thorough sampling One thing that could help even in a short clip, though, would be to type the name of the jewel in chat, so it's there in the chat log along with the text of whatever it says.

Still, this is what I got from the video samples:
    Inquisitive: nasally male voice (think stereotypical RPG rogue voice)
    Resolute: female voice
    Furious: deeper male voice

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    Someone added this quote to the wiki:

"Sentient Jewels are able to consume other sentient jewels and gain all the xp accumulated on the jewel consumed. So, you can start feeding the one you don't care about now until you get the one you do want." (cocomajobo, Discord 12-06-17)
    Is this confirmed?

Would be nice if this is true.

2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Vulkoorex View Post
    Is this confirmed?

That was said in the Discord chat by Cocomajobo, one of the SSG staff. I know I've seen it elsewhere around the forums, but yes, it's confirmed.

Community Member

Is this confirmed?

I can confirm this is true. Did it this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumFX View Post

00:52 "Hey there, treasure bag. Let's get started." ...That sounds a wee bit like Clankenbeard.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles

Is this confirmed?

Yup! It's legit. Sentient Jewels are willing to cannibalize other Sentient Jewels and absorb all their power. There can be only one. =P

Hero
    2015 Movember Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    Yup! It's legit. Sentient Jewels are willing to cannibalize other Sentient Jewels and absorb all their power. There can be only one. =P
    Oh wow, awesome mechanic!

+1 SSG

Because I don't want to lose the little progress I have made on my one gem, how does one do this?

I wonder what happens if you feed a weapon with a sentient jewel to another sentient weapon? (not only a jewel, the jewel in a weapon all at once)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chacka_DDO View Post
    I wonder what happens if you feed a weapon with a sentient jewel to another sentient weapon? (not only a jewel, the jewel in a weapon all at once)
    I don't think this is possible. I dragged my Drow Dagger onto my Drow Dagger sentient UI (on itself). It said something like ~cannot destroy sentient weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeShmo View Post
    Because I don't want to lose the little progress I have made on my one gem, how does one do this?
    Insert the jewel you want to have the XP into the weapon and then feed the jewel with the XP to the weapon.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    The Band of Gypsys