Default Are guild slot items still a thing?

I used to craft and had a bunch of nice guild slot items. Took a break for a couple years. Came back to find that cannith crafting (and lots of other things) have all changed.

Is there any value/use in guild slotted items nowadays? Or are they wasted bank space?

Quote Originally Posted by parowan View Post
    I used to craft and had a bunch of nice guild slot items. Took a break for a couple years. Came back to find that cannith crafting (and lots of other things) have all changed.

Is there any value/use in guild slotted items nowadays? Or are they wasted bank space?
    Not sure how much of value they have, that depends on personal opinion.

They still exist, and work, but new items with the Guild Augment slots no longer drop. The "new" Augment system has taken over where they left off. Those are semi-permanent augments, instead of the Guild ones that disappear after a certain amount of time. Semi-permanent in that they are permanent unless you replace or remove the augment.

If you mean how well they will do in the AH... it'd be hit or miss. I'm sure there are certain people who still hunt for them on the AH, but most have likely given up on them in favor of the new system.

Thanks. They still work, but what about their utility? Are they worth using? Or are all their effects now redundant with new ship buffs or other things?

the hp one is redundant
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links. LONG LIVE STEALTH!
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main) and some others typically parked at some level to help guildies and other players

I sold the last of my Guild-slot blanks last December on the ASH so someone is still using them...
    Karadon: Paladin [5] Mar - Jul 2006 - Aureon [EU] --- Paladin [20] Feb 2010 - June 2012 - Orien --- Paladin [21] June 2012 - July 2013 - Orien [TR1] --- Paladin [20] July 2013 - Present - Orien [TR2]
    Yes this is correct, I played Paladins, even pure Paladins before Update 23!!!

Thanks. They still work, but what about their utility? Are they worth using? Or are all their effects now redundant with new ship buffs or other things?
    Large guild augments can be used to get a stacking 55 spell points. Short of that, nothing is really worth it.

At least I think it's 55: 80 for a large, which doesn't stack with the 25 from new-style ship buffs, IIRC. I guess you could do a medium for a stacking 35 spell points, but is that really worth it?

Thanks all. Well I guess I'll be able to clear about twenty items from my cache then!

Does the Guild Fortification augment not stack?

There are a few that the Large Augments were still slightly better then the Ship Buff since both are the same type. Medium and smaller just seem to be of not useful.

For me their value took a big nose dive when the Ship Buffs were buffed up. Of course the Augment Gem change also made these newer types much more valuable.

The few augments that were slightly better was just not enough for me to justify holding on to them. I also sold them on the AH

Besides the SP giving a tiny stacking bump I think the skill pts ones might as well. (don't quote me)
    The weapon slots still work. I still use a few guild weapon slots for lvs 1-4 just to see a couple of extra acid damage pts.
    Once you get to lv 4 there is probably something from 3BC or somewhere that easily outclasses it.

Other than low level weapons I don't bother anymore since you already get a slice of the buffs from your shippies anyway.
    Plus you gotta deal with the odd timer for them.
    BONGO FURY - Ghallanda - Thingfish - Wizard, Diuni - Ninja, Gheale - Angel, Dullknife - Tank, Noodlefish - Gimp, Jaquaby - Treacherous and other gimps.

Quote Originally Posted by phillymiket View Post
    I think the skill pts ones might as well.
    My guess is that they don't, but that's only because a maxed out ship with all the buffs gives you guild bonus to pretty much all skills. Anything short of the largest ship maxed out, though, and there's probably ship buff skills you don't have. In that case, guild augments can help out.

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    Does the Guild Fortification augment not stack?
    Doesn't stack, but it's better than the new guild buff. +20 versus only +5 at level 1-10 from the ship buff. Getting over (or even near) 100 Fort at low levels is very nice.

I routinely use Fortification & Spell Point Guild Augments, and consider both of those worthwhile.

Many of the others are redundant.

The skill augments might be worth it to some people. You can get +4 to a skill from a Large Augment, vs. only +1 from ship buff at levels 1-10, or +2 at 11-20.
    Last edited by SirValentine; 04-23-2017 at 09:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ProducerRowan View Post
    Our final update of 2014 will extend the level cap to 30, which is intended to be DDO’s “permanent” level cap

2014 DDO Players Council

Thanks all. Well I guess I'll be able to clear about twenty items from my cache then!
    Since they're actually still useful, and no longer available, you should be able to make a killing on them on the Shard Exchange.
    Quote Originally Posted by ProducerRowan View Post
    Our final update of 2014 will extend the level cap to 30, which is intended to be DDO’s “permanent” level cap

One item the I hung onto is a Mithral Tower Shield with a large augment slot. I've been thinking about what to craft on it but haven't yet because I've also been wondering how much Astral Shards I could get for it. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mornyngstar View Post
    One item the I hung onto is a Mithral Tower Shield with a large augment slot. I've been thinking about what to craft on it but haven't yet because I've also been wondering how much Astral Shards I could get for it. lol
    Unfortunately it's saddled with the lowest shield stats:

AML1 Tower Shield: 4 AC, 4 DR, 1d8
    AML4 Battle Shield: 6 AC, 5 DR, 1d8
    AML10 Magecraft Shield: 8 AC, 6 DR, 1d10
    AML16 Mountain Shield: 10 AC, 7 DR, 1d10
    AML22 Planeforged Shield: 12 AC, 8 DR, 2d6

All the old mithral and adamantine shields and armors were assigned the lowest AML1 values when they revamped AC.

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Unfortunately it's saddled with the lowest shield stats:

AML1 Tower Shield: 4 AC, 4 DR, 1d8
    AML4 Battle Shield: 6 AC, 5 DR, 1d8
    AML10 Magecraft Shield: 8 AC, 6 DR, 1d10
    AML16 Mountain Shield: 10 AC, 7 DR, 1d10
    AML22 Planeforged Shield: 12 AC, 8 DR, 2d6

All the old mithral and adamantine shields and armors were assigned the lowest AML1 values when they revamped AC.
    Mithral shield are useful for arcane spellcasters (low ASF) who want some PRR and crafting some effects available on shield and not available on weapon
    Mithral armor are not really useful because they get the PRR of armor one category under (heavy->medium->light)

Huh. My guild slotted items are all bound to character. Some of them it looks like I bound with a stone of change. But not most of them. I guess they're BTC because I crafted with them. But they're still BTC if I disjunct them. And still BTC if I apply an unboung ML:1 shard.

Any way to unbind them? Or can I kiss that pension plan goodbye?

Huh. My guild slotted items are all bound to character. Some of them it looks like I bound with a stone of change. But not most of them. I guess they're BTC because I crafted with them. But they're still BTC if I disjunct them. And still BTC if I apply an unboung ML:1 shard.

Any way to unbind them? Or can I kiss that pension plan goodbye?
    Apply a bound ML1 shard to make them BTA. You cannot make bound items unbound.