Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Community Member

Default bug with keen crafted

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    Hey, folks.

I'm working on a particular bug we've had reported in recent months. It seems to entail Cannith Crafted weapons with Keen added to them having most of their effects disappear (and their Minimum Level change) seemingly at random. We haven't been able to reproduce this internally, which in this case makes it difficult to tell if any changes we're making will impact the bug. We're looking for more information. Here's what we know, based on what we've gathered from bug reports and forum threads:

• This happens to Cannith Crafted weapons.
    • Those weapons (in all reported cases) had Keen crafted onto the Suffix slot.
    • Keen is kinda buggy in its own right (we're working on that as well. It doesn't display effect information, among other things.)
    • All of the reports we've gotten had Red Slots on the items in question.
    • The vast majority had Meteoric Star Rubies in those slots at the time the effects were lost.
    • Many mentioned that the Shared Bank was involved (The item in question either being in the Shared Bank, or having recently been removed from it, when the effects disappeared).

• Most mentioned both the Keen and whatever was in the Red Slot disappearing, but were less clear as to which other effects disappeared. (We would like to know specifically!)
    • Almost none mentioned exactly what the base craftable items were (Melee weapons? Ranged?) or where they found them (it can make a difference sometimes).
    • Almost none mentioned Bound or Unbound crafting specifically (this is also info we need to know).

If you've experienced this bug, and can provide us with greater details about the item (including all the information mentioned above, even if yours doesn't match what's listed here), please post so here. It'll be a huge help in getting this bug fixed. In addition, we're looking for a few characters we can copy in order to take a look at affected gear - If you're interested in doing so, send me a PM with your character/server information, the relevant information about the broken item, and put it into your character's backpack in-game.
    I crafted a khopesh for an alternate toon on the crafting hall on my ship. The first one I crafted was a level 15 khopesh with keen, and a red augment slotted with a meteoric ruby. and (not sure) insightful deadly. The second khopesh I crafted was identical but at level 20. The level 20 khopesh is still in my inventory for Nazgulkane. You at more than welcome to look at nazgulkane and look at the level 20 crafted khopesh that is in my inventory.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SithKhan View Post
    I crafted a khopesh for an alternate toon on the crafting hall on my ship. The first one I crafted was a level 15 khopesh with keen, and a red augment slotted with a meteoric ruby. and (not sure) insightful deadly. The second khopesh I crafted was identical but at level 20. The level 20 khopesh is still in my inventory for Nazgulkane. You at more than welcome to look at nazgulkane and look at the level 20 crafted khopesh that is in my inventory.
    Both khopeshes were bound to account

Community Member

keen falchion with vampirism no augment, it lost all effects after passing through shared bank to another character.

Default I tried again...

Prepped a Great Axe with red augment

Crafted it as; lvl 25 with extra .. then,
    Force, Keen and Vampirism
    all looked great, taking 'note' that Keen could not be 'seen'...bound to account; put in my shared bank for my Barbarian,
    switched toons,
    lo and behold all was wiped clean, the item was now only lvl 16 with force at bare bones, no augment slot and bound to character only.

I was upset and crunched it for essences. Forgot you were looking for a sample to copy. I would make another but am out of craft stuff again. *sigh
    took improved Crit feat instead
    ~ Littlemama Whooopass ~
    MysticMountain DragonRiders
    My Twitch.tv
    Sarlona

Thank you to those who posted information and sent PMs with characters affected by this. We now have steps to reproduce this issue consistently, and are working on a fix for a future patch.

In the meantime, you may wish to refrain from using Cannith Crafting to put Keen onto items with Red Augment Slots; this combination seems to be at the heart of the issue.
    We don't only build for the builds that exist.
    We don't only build for the builds that are good right now.

The fact that some changes are necessary is not diminished by the fact that other necessary changes have not happened yet.

Thank you to those who posted information and sent PMs with characters affected by this. We now have steps to reproduce this issue consistently, and are working on a fix for a future patch.

In the meantime, you may wish to refrain from using Cannith Crafting to put Keen onto items with Red Augment Slots; this combination seems to be at the heart of the issue.
    what about items crafted like my xbow that just has lvl 23 for no reason (with ML4 shard applied and no slot)?

did you figure that one out yet?
    good at business

Quote Originally Posted by jakeelala View Post
    what about items crafted like my xbow that just has lvl 23 for no reason (with ML4 shard applied and no slot)?

did you figure that one out yet?
    That is incentive to buy xp pots to get to 23 quickly. haha.
    Member of "Guild of the Black Dragons" & "Swords of the Light" on Sarlona. Proud "Last" member of Caffeine - we aint stragicially savy.
    Kilthar-Tharr-Delkanthalus-Carissa-Mirasina-Ktara-Imara-Thistle-Tharissa-Robothar-Minithar-Miriella-Tharnessa-Tharisa

Quote Originally Posted by Thar View Post
    That is incentive to buy xp pots to get to 23 quickly. haha.
    Seems legit.
    Steve Howe was voted "Best Overall Guitarist" in Guitar Player magazine five years in a row (1977–1981) and in 1981 was the first rock guitar player inducted into the Guitar Player Hall of Fame.

So at this point can we send in a ticket to get a disappeared augment returned?

(Meaning was there traceable data on our characters to verify we lost one?)
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles

10. 04-22-2017, 06:40 PM

Hero
    Mmm... purple!

Does this mean you've found the problem with all dissappearing crafted effects? or just when they involve keen and/or red slots? Should I still be bug reporting my lost weapon effects?

Nice! Kudos.

Community Member

Hey, folks.

I'm working on a particular bug we've had reported in recent months. It seems to entail Cannith Crafted weapons with Keen added to them having most of their effects disappear (and their Minimum Level change) seemingly at random. We haven't been able to reproduce this internally, which in this case makes it difficult to tell if any changes we're making will impact the bug. We're looking for more information. Here's what we know, based on what we've gathered from bug reports and forum threads:

• This happens to Cannith Crafted weapons.
    • Those weapons (in all reported cases) had Keen crafted onto the Suffix slot.
    • Keen is kinda buggy in its own right (we're working on that as well. It doesn't display effect information, among other things.)
    • All of the reports we've gotten had Red Slots on the items in question.
    • The vast majority had Meteoric Star Rubies in those slots at the time the effects were lost.
    • Many mentioned that the Shared Bank was involved (The item in question either being in the Shared Bank, or having recently been removed from it, when the effects disappeared).

• Most mentioned both the Keen and whatever was in the Red Slot disappearing, but were less clear as to which other effects disappeared. (We would like to know specifically!)
    • Almost none mentioned exactly what the base craftable items were (Melee weapons? Ranged?) or where they found them (it can make a difference sometimes).
    • Almost none mentioned Bound or Unbound crafting specifically (this is also info we need to know).

If you've experienced this bug, and can provide us with greater details about the item (including all the information mentioned above, even if yours doesn't match what's listed here), please post so here. It'll be a huge help in getting this bug fixed. In addition, we're looking for a few characters we can copy in order to take a look at affected gear - If you're interested in doing so, send me a PM with your character/server information, the relevant information about the broken item, and put it into your character's backpack in-game.
    It's not Keen, but I just had a Cannith Crafted item with an augment slot bug out. I happen to remember the exact steps, so maybe it will be helpful.

1) Pulled a pair of boots with yellow augment slot, ML 11, out of Character A's personal bank, put them in the shared bank. I don't play that character often, so I'm guessing the boots were probably 6-12 months old, but I'm not very confident in that guess, A'a a bank mule and gear shuffles back and forth with other characters. I remember they had Dex +4 (because I was thinking how much lower I could get Dex 4 with crafting) and something else, but I don't remember what the second effect was. They had never been crafted and never had an augment slotted.
    2) Logged off A and into B, B pulled them from shared bank into backpack
    3) B went to the crafting hall on our airship, bought disjunction powder and disjuncted the boots.
    4) B crafted a ML 2 bound shard and a Feather Falling bound shard
    5) B applied the ML 2 shard to the boots, they suddenly jumped to ML 11! At this point the FF shard was still in my bag (a large ingredients bag from the 12). It's not possible to have accidentally put a ML 11 shard on it, I only owned ML 16 and 17 shards before crafting the ML2.
    6) I had read about augment slots sometimes causing a display glitch that was resolved by logging out, so as long as I had to log out anyway I just passed the boots and FF shard through the shared bank (not the crafting storage)
    7) I logged into character C, a level 4 character with 1 past life. I went to the bank on the airship and pulled out the boots, still reading ML 11, and the FF shard, which went into my small ingredients bag on this character.
    8) I put the boots in the Airship's "Bound Items" machine, typed in "Feath" and clicked the "Feather Falling" Recipe, then clicked "Craft"
    9) The boots stayed ML 11, but did have FF on them and did still have the yellow slot (which never had anything in it)
    10) I tried to put them on but the ML 11 was enforced (or at least higher than ML 4) logged out and back in, still can't put them on, still say ML 11. I tried closing the client completely and restarting, same results.

If it would help you to copy the character and experiment on her you have my permission, it's my only level 4 multiclass on Argo, and the boots in question are in the last inventory slot.

I'd also be happy to have my crafter repeat any steps, on these boots or other gear, if that would help you solve this problem. If you do want to contact me, please use the email I have on file (I get the sales and promotions, so I know you have the current one) because I don't log into the forums often anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Games which not only allow, but embrace players playing differently in their own game space, succeed far more often, as well as succeed in far higher measurable degree, than those which force players into playing a specific way.

Handwraps.

Blanked Minimum Level 2 with red augment

Added Level 2 stone
    Added Ghost touch
    Added Keen

Keen didn't seem to be working
    Sent the handwraps to my sorcerer who did not have Improve Crit Bludgeoning when I took them out of the bank, they showed up at Handwraps with Minimum Level 6 no keen no ghost touch bound to character.
    I closed the client and logged back in
    Handwraps now show no minimum level but they are bound to character.

This is like closing the barn door after the horse is out. I'm just putting it up there for information purposes. I wish I'd seen this before.
    Last edited by Neehla; 08-14-2017 at 08:11 PM.
    On Thelanis Server: Proud Officer & Council Member of The Exploration Society
    Veteran Mournlander (and proud of it)

I had a maul that was red slotted, crafted for keen and ghostbane. I re-crafted it to holy with undead bane and added a ghostbane augment. It reverted to a plain maul on logging back in.
    "Shut up and die like a wizard"

The issue does not appear to be entirely that of Keen with Cannith Crafted items.

The U36 release notes said:
    Random loot's descriptions have been improved. Numerous descriptions have been re-typed to avoid vagueness or other issues.

Random loot with Keen or Impact with or without an augment have issues with getting the name right:
    (also you can check any AH or ASAH and select weapons and do a search for Keen or Impact to see many examples of this)

Keen w/o Augment

Keen w/Augment

Impact w/o Augment

Impact w/Augment

And it isn't just Keen and Impact which have naming issues. Armor Piercing seems to be ignored no matter what other affect it is combined with:

Feeding missing Armor Piercing

Assassinate missing Armor Piercing

Assassinate missing Armor Piercing

Deception missing Armor Piercing

Community Member

It looks like the problem is that Keen is treated as prefix in the item name and since it is (as a sufix) applied after Vorpal prefix it overwrites it so you only see Keen on the item name.

It is possible that this misuse goes further than just item name and so causes these bugs with items.

The Speed effect also is not properly used in weapon names, at least when either of Deception or Vertigo are also on the weapon. Probably others as well. I could post images but the information should be enough to get the issue corrected, and again checking any AH/ASAH should provide other examples.

Community Member

just happened to me yesterday (log out) and today (log in)

I crafted a
    lvl12 Bastard sword with Light effect (3D6 light dmg), Keen and vampirism & empty red socket
    [original blank item bought of Shard exchange as ready for cannith crafting, bastard sword with red socket]

logged in 1st time to
    lvl 10, 'Paragon' Weapon with no socket and no shards attached to it, and no longer cannith crafted

checked alts to make sure i hadn't moved it by accident, and logged in again
    to find a 'bastard sword' no enchants, no socket, nothing, just a blank like what u buy from the vendor at lvl1

I craft all my gear and invest a lot in this so it upset me a bit, i didn't know about this issue (until now) but submitted both bugs report and GM request
    whats' strange is a i currently also have a lvl 10 longsword with red socket, enchanted with Light effect, doublestrike and vampirism, which has served my main and alts very well over the last month, as did my holy bastard sword of unnatural bane and vampirism, and also had previously enchanted the sword in question as an metaline, alignment sword, before disjuncting it to make the above sword

Keen never showed properly on the weapon name, but was present in the +0.5 (w) and the increased crit range
    the existence of my other crafted weapons supports keen as the culprit, or as a key ingredient to this situation

obviously i hope this gets fixed as problems like this are really dangerous for the game's constitituion, and the confidence of the player base, in manner that buggy walls, bad doors, and sketchy enchantments trees etc aren't
    i.e. i lost money on this, and though only a £1 or 2, this makes this problem a far more disconcerting experience than any bugs i've otherwise experienced for free

Community Member

Default item mutated without keen or red augment

Just happened last night.

In my case i bought a silver greataxe from the auction house and deconstructed it. I prepped it with a level 7 shard, added good, and went to make another shard. When I came back to add the second shard I noticed it was outlined in red. It was now a min level 18 BtA +3 silver greataxe with 2d6 good damage. So the stats matched the level 7 shard, but a min level of 18. I then deconstructed to see what happened, and now have a min level 18 BtA silver greataxe. The deconstruction should have removed the min level (not sure about the BtA) but the item is transformed. I added another lvl 7 shard to see if it might remove the ML 18, but it didn't have that effect.

Is this just a "happens every so often" thing that others are experiencing? Sounds like a known bug with red slots and keen, but this item had neither. I'm not sure what the enhancements were before I deconstructed it the first time.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blessedwynd View Post
    Sounds like a known bug with red slots and keen, but this item had neither. I'm not sure what the enhancements were before I deconstructed it the first time.
    ^^^
    This.

Seems like you buyout item with red slot and keen and deconstruct it to blank. Of course, resulting blank becomes bugged too.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast