Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Collectable Valuation Project

I'd like to put together a value chart for collectables for the purposes of trading. There are two aspects to this: Supply and Demand.

Supply
    A measure of how long it takes to farm up any given collectable, using a measure of "seconds per pull." For example, you might be able to farm up 1 Fragrant Drowshood in 2:05, but a Glass Phial takes 4:05, thus making Glass Phials more valuable if they both have the same demand. The supply values will be objective, based on farming runs with an optimal collectable farmer.

Demand
    A measure of what shards each collectable is used for and how desirable those shards are. This is more subjective, so I'd like some feedback on my classifications. It'll take me a week or three to gather the supply side numbers; I figure we can use that time to fine tune the demand side numbers.

Here's the final value table, both by value and by collectable.

Essences Collectable Essences Collectable
    1575 Silver Flame Hymnal 425 Academic Treatise
    1550 Ornate Charm 125 Amber Vial
    1475 Scholarly Notes 10 Amulet of the Lost Empire
    1475 Silver Bowl 20 Amulet of the Six
    1125 Cryptmoss Worm 200 Ancient Text
    1050 House-Sealed Letter 775 Archaic Logbook
    875 Ivory Scorpion Icon 5 Blade of the Dark Six
    875 Sparkling Dust 125 Blessed Candle
    850 Charred Soarwood 400 Blister Beetle
    850 Wavecrasher Cargo Manifest 225 Bloodfeast Fungus
    775 Archaic Logbook 200 Brass Censer
    750 Glass Phial 150 Bruised Spore Pod
    750 Polished Ore 200 Caravan Logbook
    725 Cryptmoss 100 Ceramic Bowl
    650 Fragrant Drowshood 850 Charred Soarwood
    575 Vial of Pure Water 125 Chipped Bone Talisman
    550 Fractured Femur 50 Crypt Moth
    525 Moonstone 200 Cryptic Message
    500 Khyber Prayer Pamphlet 725 Cryptmoss
    500 Stone Fetish 1125 Cryptmoss Worm
    500 Warehouse Ledger 250 Cryptmoss Worm Larva
    425 Academic Treatise 125 Deadly Feverblanch
    425 Pouch of Bone Fragments 25 Duskbrood Trumpeter
    400 Blister Beetle 150 Flint Knife
    350 Romantic Sonnet 550 Fractured Femur
    325 Headsman Beetle 650 Fragrant Drowshood
    325 Lodestone 5 Funerary Token
    325 Singed Soarwood 750 Glass Phial
    300 Research Diary 200 Glittering Dust
    300 Skull Fragment 150 Glowmoss Spore
    275 Intact Spore Pod 150 Hairy Trumpet Mushroom
    250 Cryptmoss Worm Larva 325 Headsman Beetle
    225 Bloodfeast Fungus 1050 House-Sealed Letter
    225 Runic Parchment 275 Intact Spore Pod
    200 Ancient Text 875 Ivory Scorpion Icon
    200 Brass Censer 500 Khyber Prayer Pamphlet
    200 Caravan Logbook 325 Lodestone
    200 Cryptic Message 15 Mark of the Keeper
    200 Glittering Dust 525 Moonstone
    200 Mortar and Pestle 200 Mortar and Pestle
    175 Powdered Blood 75 Mystical Formula
    150 Bruised Spore Pod 1550 Ornate Charm
    150 Flint Knife 150 Page Torn from a Research Notebook
    150 Glowmoss Spore 75 Phoenix Tavern Purchase Order
    150 Hairy Trumpet Mushroom 65 Planar Spoor
    150 Page Torn from a Research Notebook 750 Polished Ore
    125 Amber Vial 425 Pouch of Bone Fragments
    125 Blessed Candle 175 Powdered Blood
    125 Chipped Bone Talisman 300 Research Diary
    125 Deadly Feverblanch 0 Ritual Candle
    125 Smoldering Ember 350 Romantic Sonnet
    125 Sour Darkcap 75 Ruddy Fungus
    100 Ceramic Bowl 225 Runic Parchment
    75 Mystical Formula 1475 Scholarly Notes
    75 Phoenix Tavern Purchase Order 15 Signet of the Devourer
    75 Ruddy Fungus 1475 Silver Bowl
    75 Slime Mold 1575 Silver Flame Hymnal
    75 Sweet Whitecap 325 Singed Soarwood
    75 Withered Cryptmoss 300 Skull Fragment
    75 Zygomycota Fungus 75 Slime Mold
    65 Planar Spoor 20 Small Planar Crystal
    50 Crypt Moth 20 Small Wooden Idol
    25 Duskbrood Trumpeter 125 Smoldering Ember
    20 Amulet of the Six 125 Sour Darkcap
    20 Small Planar Crystal 875 Sparkling Dust
    20 Small Wooden Idol 500 Stone Fetish
    15 Mark of the Keeper 5 String of Prayer Beads
    15 Signet of the Devourer 0 Swaying Mushroom Cluster
    10 Amulet of the Lost Empire 0 Swaying Mushroom Spore Pod
    5 Blade of the Dark Six 75 Sweet Whitecap
    5 Funerary Token 0 Vial of Heavy Water
    5 String of Prayer Beads 575 Vial of Pure Water
    0 Ritual Candle 500 Warehouse Ledger
    0 Swaying Mushroom Cluster 850 Wavecrasher Cargo Manifest
    0 Swaying Mushroom Spore Pod 75 Withered Cryptmoss
    0 Vial of Heavy Water 75 Zygomycota Fungus

The 0 value collectables aren't used in bound crafting.

Default Supply

Supply numbers are gathered using my Epic Challenge Runner, which happens to be ideally suited for collectable farming: Very fast run speed, many sprint boosts, invisibility, DDoor, and can use wings from exalted angel while farming collectables. For these time trials, I don't use sprint boost unless there's an available shrine to recharge them, and even then I limit it to one sprint boost per run. With 11-12 sprint boosts, that means I would have to shrine every 11-12 runs. Wings I use as much as is repeatable based on recharge rate, and figure echoes of power can pay for unlimited wings.

It's not assumed that other people would be able to replicate these speeds; the average build will almost certainly be slower. The key is to find the relative farming speeds based on a single build, and having an optimized farmer seems like the best way to go.

Some of the less obvious columns in the supply table are:

Realms denotes if the quest is in the Forgotten Realms, which removes Eberron-only collectables from the pool of possible drops.

Time is how long it takes for a full run, beginning and ending at the same place. This can also be a link to a youtube video showing a run.

Arcane, Lore, Natural and Any are simple counts of how many dispensers of each type are collected each run.

Common, Uncommon and Rare show the average time it would take to farm up any one specific collectable. This factors in the basic chance based on frequency (75%/20%/5%), how many collectables there are in the pool for that tier + frequency, and also includes Any dispensers at their suspected rates. Those rates are currently set as follows, but these may change (and thus change the table values) if more data is acquired in the linked thread:

22% Arcane
    50% Cultural
    20% Lore
    8% Natural

Note: When reading this table, out-of-school collectables are just bonus extras that aren't factored into the time needed. Consider the Tier 3 Lore farm Eyes of Stone: The 1 natural and the 1 arcane don't mean anything other than that they're there. The three Lore dispensers are the only ones that matter in terms of time to collect. ("Any" would count too, but there are none in that farm.)

School Tier Quest Realms Difficulty Time Arcane Lore Natural Any Common Uncommon Rare
    Arcane 1 Tomb of the Crimson Heart Normal 1:15 4 1 1 0:24 1:29 5:55
    Arcane 2 Enemy Within Casual 3:05 10 1 0:48 3:01 12:04
    Arcane 3 Enemy Within Normal 3:05 10 1 1:12 4:32 18:06
    Arcane 3 Through a Mirror Darkly Yes Casual 4:05 10 1:05 4:05 16:20
    Arcane 4 Through a Mirror Darkly Yes Normal 4:05 10 1:05 4:05 16:20
    Arcane 5 Through a Mirror Darkly Yes EC 4:05 10 0:33 2:02 8:10
    Arcane 6 Through a Mirror Darkly Yes EN 4:05 10 0:33 2:02 8:10
    Cultural 4 Wheloon Prison Yes Heroic 4:30 17 0:42 5:18 21:11
    Cultural 5 Wheloon Prison Yes Epic 4:30 17 0:42 2:39 10:35
    Cultural 6 Precious Cargo EH 0:50 2 1:07 4:10 16:40
    Lore 1 Repossession Normal 0:35 1 2 0:23 1:28 5:50
    Lore 2 Repossession Elite 0:35 1 2 0:47 2:55 11:40
    Lore 3 Eyes of Stone Normal 1:30 1 3 1 1:20 7:30 30:00
    Lore 4 Schemes of the Enemy Normal 2:05 4 1 1 0:40 2:29 9:55
    Lore 5 Schemes of the Enemy Elite 2:05 4 1 1 0:40 2:29 9:55
    Lore 6 Terminal Delirium EN 2:20 2 3 1 1 0:58 3:39 14:35
    Natural 1 A Small Problem Normal 2:30 10 0:20 1:15 5:00
    Natural 2 Last Stand Normal 0:45 3 0:40 2:30 10:00
    Natural 3 Assault on Summerfield Normal 1:15 9 0:33 2:05 8:20
    Natural 4 Breaking the Ranks Yes Normal 0:40 5 0:21 1:20 5:20
    Natural 5 Breaking the Ranks Yes Elite 0:40 5 0:21 1:20 2:40
    Natural 6 Breaking the Ranks Yes EN 0:40 5 0:11 0:40 2:40

Collectables flagged as Eberron-only:

Charred Soarwood
    Lightning-Split Soarwood
    Singed Soarwood

Default Demand

What I'm thinking is to assign a value between 1 and 10 to each category, then add up the totals for every shard a collectable is used for to get their demand value.

Universal: 10 points
    Universal effects are desirable for every possible build.

Common: 8 points
    Common effects are used by many builds, possibly (probably?) a majority of them.

Uncommon: 6 points
    Uncommon effects are used by a fair number of builds, though clearly a minority.

Niche: 4 points
    Niche effects are very desirable, but only for a small handful of build types.

Obsolete: 2 points
    Obsolete effects are better off being replaced by using augments. Still, you might have a reason to craft these if you need it on a lower ML than the augment allows, or maybe the augment is too expensive to acquire.

Rarely Used: 1 point
    There is probably someone, somewhere, who will want to use any one of these effects, but for the most part they have little value.

Group Universal Common Uncommon Niche Obsolete Rarely Used
    Stats Constitution Strength, Dexterity, Intelligence, Wisdom, Charisma
    Energy Absorptioon Acid, Cold, Electricty, Fire, Sonic
    Banes Construct, Chaotic Outsider, Evil Outsider, Lawful Outsider, Undead, Unnatural Aberration, Animal, Dragon, Dwarf, Elemental, Elf, Giant, Gnoll, Goblinoid, Halfling, Human, Incorporeal, Monstrous Humanoid, Ooze, Orc, Plant, Reptilian, Vermin
    DPS Accuracy, Armor Piercing, Deadly (regular), Doublestrike/shot, Melee/Range Alacrity, Seeker Shield Bashing, Insightful Deadly
    Defense Insightful Fortification, Sheltering, iPRR, iMRR Dodge, Healing Amp Spell Resistance, Natural Armor, Protection, Negative Amp, Repair Amp Fortification (regular only)
    Stat Damaging Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, Intelligence, Wisdom, Charisma
    Guard Acid, Evil, Fire, Good, Ice, Lightning, Piercing, Solar, Sonic, Undead
    Misc False Life Diversion, Incite, Vampirism, Vitality Striding
    Weapon Procs Good, Bludgeon, Piercing, Slashing Chaos, Evil, Force, Light, Bashing, Shield Spikes Acid, Cold, Electric, Fire, Law, Negative, Poison, Sonic
    Energy Resistance Light Acid, Cold, Electric, Fire, Negative, Poison, Sonic
    Save Resistance, Parrying Spell Saves Enchantment Saves Disease, Fortitude, Illusion, Poison, Reflex, Will
    Skill Spellsight, Search, Spot, Disable Device, Open Lock Concentration, Heal, Bluff, Diplomacy, Intimidate, Haggle, Hide, Move Silently, Jump, Swim, Perform Balance, Listen, Repair, Tumble
    Spellcasting Wizardry (regular) Spell Penetration, Insightful Wizardry
    Spell Focus Evocation Conjuration, Enchantment, Necromancy, Spell Focus Mastery Abjuration, Illusion, Transmutation
    Spell Lore Acid, Cold, Electricity, Fire, Force, Light, Negative, Positive, Repair, Sonic Universal
    Spell Power Devotion Combustion, Corrosion, Glaciation, Impulse, Magnetism, Nullification, Radiance, Reconstruction, Resonance Potency
    Static Aligned, Efficient Maximize, Eternal Faith, Everbright, Ghost Touch, Invulnerability, Keen, Lesser Casting Dex, Metalline, Persuasion, Silver Flame, True Seeing Blindness Ward, Deathblock, Feather Fall, Underwater Action Blueshine, Efficient Empower / Empower Healing / Enlarge / Extend, Fearsome, Regeneration, Sacred, Songblade, Twilight, Unbalancing, Vengeful
    Tactics Combat Mastery, Stunning Assassinate Shatter, Tendon Slice, Vertigo

Except for Fortification, Deadly and Wizardry, all effects listed also include their Insightful version.

Vitality, Insightful Deadly and Insightful Wizardry are downgraded due to only being craftable in a single slot.

What I'm looking for now is feedback on any effects you think I've put in the wrong category. Also any feedback on the points system is welcome.

Community Member

DEX. Seeker, Deadly put to Universal, Natural Armor and Protection to Uncommon, Damage proc Good, Force, Light, Bludgeoning, Piercing, Slashing to Universal, Rogue skill to Nishe, Spell Penetration to Universal, exchange Doublestrike and Melee Alacrity for Doubleshot and Ranged alacrity.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfo View Post
    DEX. Seeker, Deadly put to Universal
    [...]
    Damage proc Good, Force, Light, Bludgeoning, Piercing, Slashing to Universal
    Spellcasters don't need any of those, and dex isn't needed by int builds.

Spell Penetration to Universal
    Neither melee nor range builds need spell pen. "Universal" means literally every build can benefit from it.

Natural Armor and Protection to Uncommon
    I'm open to this.

Rogue skill to Niche
    Lots of builds splash trapping skills, though.

exchange Doublestrike and Melee Alacrity for Doubleshot and Ranged alacrity.
    Are you saying there are more ranged builds online at any given time than melee builds?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Spellcasters don't need any of those, and dex isn't needed by int builds.
    I see many times ( and run too 8) ) when wizard or cleric take Greatsword instead caster stick, especially in low lvl. At higher lvl just change to caster setup with caster ability boost.

DEX is universal clearly for same reason as CON - any build can use additional AC and Reflex save, include int builds ( save feat slot ).

Same for CHA - any build can use additional points in UMD or Diplo/Inti/Bluff.

Neither melee nor range builds need spell pen. "Universal" means literally every build can benefit from it.
    It's correct. Common then as wizardry (Though... everyone can use additional Wizardry for cast more Cocoon... so... Wizardry/Devotion is universal? 8) ).

Lots of builds splash trapping skills, though.
    Yea, but nevertheless trap skillz is technically nishe skillz, surely not mandatory or majority. 8)

Are you saying there are more ranged builds online at any given time than melee builds?
    In my experience - yes.

Regarding your demand table, there is a lot of stuff that will be rated according to personal taste, but it is a cool idea to try to get a consensus.

As a guy who plays caster more than melee, I doubt I would ever pay much to craft wizardry. Shrines are fairly plentiful, and folks who are experienced enough to craft gear sets are likely reasonably good at being spell point efficient. As such, I would move wizardry down to uncommon. (Maybe it is more valuable to non-spell casters, actually?)

I'd move spell penetration up to uncommon. I get that it is a smallish set of builds that want it, but they want it pretty bad by mid-teen levels and higher.

If the melee DPS stuff is common, id move many spell caster things up to at least uncommon from niche. (lore, spell power, spell focus).

Overall, it looks like you did a pretty good cut at it though!

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfo View Post
    DEX is universal clearly for same reason as CON - any build can use additional AC and Reflex save, include int builds ( save feat slot ).
    An int build who gears for dex to save a feat slot will be losing reflex save, not gaining.

I suspect you may value AC more than the average player. You may very well be right about AC, but I don't get the feeling that every person cares about AC as much as they care about hit points.

Same for CHA - any build can use additional points in UMD or Diplo/Inti/Bluff.
    I typically build for 39 UMD. If I can reach that without a charisma item I don't wear a charisma item for UMD, and it's not hard to get there if you splash rogue levels. My tempest trapmonkey, for example, doesn't wear a charisma item.

It's correct. Common then as wizardry (Though... everyone can use additional Wizardry for cast more Cocoon... so... Wizardry/Devotion is universal? 8) ).
    Pale Masters don't need devotion, but yeah, melee using wizardry and devotion for cocoon is why they're rated as common.

Yea, but nevertheless trap skillz is technically nishe skillz, surely not mandatory or majority. 8)
    Agreed that the majority of builds aren't trappers, for sure. However, I would say that more builds have trapping skills than do DC casting, for example.

In my experience - yes.
    I think you've convinced me on range; I'll move ranged alacrity and doubleshot up to equal with melee alacrity and doublestrike.

Quote Originally Posted by Torkzed View Post
    I'd move spell penetration up to uncommon. I get that it is a smallish set of builds that want it, but they want it pretty bad by mid-teen levels and higher.
    That's exactly the description of the niche category.

I moved up Ranged Alacrity and Doubleshot from Uncommon to Common.

I was thinking, should Sonic Resistance move up to Obsolete? I could see people slotting a draconic soul gem for Acid, Cold, Electricity and Fire and then trying to work sonic resistance into their build so that they can skip the cargo hold entirely. It would be preferable to slot sonic resistance as an augment, and that's exactly what the obsolete category is for.

Before the New Thing, I would occasionally craft a couple unbound Alacrity shards and AH them. [one Ranged, one Melee] Invariably, the Ranged would sell the first day, while the melee would not sell for a week or two. I'd say Ranged shards have a higher demand than Melee.

-----------

edit: Noticed after posting:

I moved up Ranged Alacrity and Doubleshot from Uncommon to Common...

I'll never remember to finish reading threads before replying.
    Last edited by cdbd3rd; 03-25-2017 at 11:01 PM.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles

I think I was biased by the great 10th anniversary give-away, where I picked up a dozen quivers of alacrity for all my playable alts on both my accounts. So every character I have has a minimum of 10% ranged alacrity from level 1 on. (And also 30% striding, since I spent a month or so upgrading all of them.)

2014 DDO Players Council

A factor to consider for demand is crafting leveling.

You don't need any collectibles to level quite high, and certain recipes are only useful after you cap.

But there's a window in there where the only recipes that give you crafting XP require a certain set of collectibles, even if those recipes would be otherwise worthless.
    Quote Originally Posted by ProducerRowan View Post
    Our final update of 2014 will extend the level cap to 30, which is intended to be DDO’s “permanent” level cap

Traveler of the Skies
    Minotaur Annihilator

With the electricity damage in the new raid, elemental resistance and absorption for electricity might not be rarely used any more. Depending on how many people run the raid and craft their protection item.

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post
    A factor to consider for demand is crafting leveling.

You don't need any collectibles to level quite high, and certain recipes are only useful after you cap.

But there's a window in there where the only recipes that give you crafting XP require a certain set of collectibles, even if those recipes would be otherwise worthless.
    That's a good thought, but I think the percentage of players aiming for crafting level 400 is low enough that the net effect on demand would be negligible. 311 (?) lets you craft literally everything bound. Combine that with the ridiculous expense of unbound crafting and I think the overwhelming majority stop around 325.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogger1234 View Post
    With the electricity damage in the new raid, elemental resistance and absorption for electricity might not be rarely used any more. Depending on how many people run the raid and craft their protection item.
    Good call. Seems reasonable to bump both up to niche, yes?

I could see someone wanting the following, available as a swap item on either a shield or a trinket:

Electricity Absorption 38 of Electric Resistance 57 w/Insightful Electric Resistance 28

Community Member

First, great idea!

I'd say your table is pretty spot on with the types of things I craft. After having crafted vampirism on something and observing the effects I'd likely never do it again, because it seems to me it has some kind of cooldown between procs. I'm just not sure it's worth it's cost in collectibles and I'd probably leave it blank if there was nothing else to put there. So with that I'd have probably put it in rarely used. But maybe if you have significant healing amp and low HP it could be useful...

Awesome work ED37. It's this sort of thing that you do over and over again for the DDO community, you're a legend

I would propose bumping ratings on two skills from Niche to Uncommon: Concentration and Intimidate.

Rationale:

Concentration - I would argue that this is more Uncommon than Niche, as there a number of builds that use it. Monks it's their primary skill, many casters and healers take it as standard, and some other builds take it to stop their scrolls from being interupted.

Intimidate - I would argue that reaper has increased the number of tanks, quasi-tanks and 'tank-like' builds around, and that hopefully they are therefore more like Uncommon than niche now.

What do you think ?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gargoyle69 View Post
    Awesome work ED37. It's this sort of thing that you do over and over again for the DDO community, you're a legend

I would propose bumping ratings on two skills from Niche to Uncommon: Concentration and Intimidate.

Rationale:

Concentration - I would argue that this is more Uncommon than Niche, as there a number of builds that use it. Monks it's their primary skill, many casters and healers take it as standard, and some other builds take it to stop their scrolls from being interupted.

Intimidate - I would argue that reaper has increased the number of tanks, quasi-tanks and 'tank-like' builds around, and that hopefully they are therefore more like Uncommon than niche now.

What do you think ?
    And bump up spellsight, especially with the influx of warlocks for racial reincarnations. Spellsight = spellcraft which is a Class skill for Artificers, Bards, Clerics, Druids, Favored Souls, Sorcerers, Warlocks, and Wizards(according to the wiki)

Quote Originally Posted by Zeleron View Post
    And bump up spellsight, especially with the influx of warlocks for racial reincarnations. Spellsight = spellcraft which is a Class skill for Artificers, Bards, Clerics, Druids, Favored Souls, Sorcerers, Warlocks, and Wizards(according to the wiki)
    And useful for Arcane Archers too!

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast