Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Stat Damaging Effects WAI ?

Constitution Damaging Effect

Does this only work with melee or is there a ranged version? I mean really if this is WAI then ranged players are getting screwed...

Currently have crafted a +5 Blinding 4 Repeating Light Crossbow of Bludgeoning 4 but the Constitution Damaging Effect says "when crits with melee".
    Last edited by Invalid_103; 02-08-2017 at 02:43 PM. Reason: i

Quote Originally Posted by Invalid_103 View Post
    Does this only work with melee or is there a ranged version? I mean really if this is WAI then ranged players are getting screwed...

Currently have crafted a +5 Blinding 4 Repeating Light Crossbow of Bludgeoning 4 but the Constitution Damaging Effect says "when crits with melee".
    it should work on ranged.

Umm...try it out?

edit: what is the 'Blinding' effect? That is not in CC.
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links. LONG LIVE STEALTH!
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main) and some others typically parked at some level to help guildies and other players

Community Member

blinding is simply light damage

Community Member

I already brought up this question before NoWorries earlier, but he prefers to keep silent.
    Currently stat damage at CC weapons just waste mats (not only for ranged, but for melee too - who need such minor effect works on crit only?!).

Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post
    it should work on ranged.
    Umm...try it out?
    Should, but not work. Don't need trying, I already do such error. And should works on hit, not on crit.

Would love to have a response from a Developer on this topic, considering how many people this error potentially impacts. This can't be WAI now can it?

Thanks in advance!

Resin
    Last edited by Invalid_103; 02-08-2017 at 02:40 PM.

Community Member

Would love to have a response from a Developer on this topic
    Single response, I afraid, will be next: "Our logs show nothing, servers work fine!" 8)

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfo View Post
    Single response, I afraid, will be next: "Our logs show nothing, servers work fine!" 8)
    1) You're not a developer so your latest post is a waste of everyone's time.

2) At best someone may find your scribbles amusing; at worst you're undermining a developers legitimate replies.

3) If you have nothing significant to add that's relevant to the topic, please go Troll'n elsewhere.
    Last edited by Invalid_103; 02-09-2017 at 05:14 AM.

Community Member

1) You're not a developer so your latest post is a waste of everyone's time.

2) At best someone may find your scribbles amusing; at worst you're undermining a developers legitimate replies.

3) If you have nothing significant to add that's relevant to the topic, please go Troll'n elsewhere.
    Oh lol, another special snowflake in thread...

If you attentively read, then can notice that I already raised specifically this question for the specific developer - NoWorries - in the thread begun by this specific developer for clarification of specific problems. The complete silence and ignoring of a problem was ( and remains) the single answer so far.

My post is based on the previous experience of communication with developers (and not only in this game).

You decided that on your first click of fingers developers will suddenly change the previous behavior model? Really?

However, continue to consider yourself the special... Who cares, right? And if there is a miracle and here someone from developers will glance with the responsible answer - I will even be immensely glad because the problem exists for a long time and so long ago requires the solution. 8)

P.S. And... Before calling someone the troll - attentively look in the looking glass.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfo View Post
    Oh lol, another special snowflake in thread...

If you attentively read, then can notice that I already raised specifically this question for the specific developer - NoWorries - in the thread begun by this specific developer for clarification of specific problems. The complete silence and ignoring of a problem was ( and remains) the single answer so far.

My post is based on the previous experience of communication with developers (and not only in this game).

You decided that on your first click of fingers developers will suddenly change the previous behavior model? Really?

However, continue to consider yourself the special... Who cares, right? And if there is a miracle and here someone from developers will glance with the responsible answer - I will even be immensely glad because the problem exists for a long time and so long ago requires the solution. 8)

P.S. And... Before calling someone the troll - attentively look in the looking glass.
    I started this thread not the other way around. Instead of contributing facts, you post what amounts to garbage, then come back in flames when challenged. Obviously this thread is dead now arse, thanks to your tantrums. Its little wonder the dev's dont take players seriously, when they have to filter through all the BS gifted individuals such as yourself spout on a daily basis.

stat damaging effects are pretty much not worth the effort to invest in crafting or otherwise. this issue was brought up during the barb pass and all that happened was the devs increased the amount of potential stat damage. I only ever remember stunning a trash mob twice when its con score was reduced enough. other stat damages you don't even know if its actually reducing their will saves, reflex saves or damage output due to lowering the strength because its not noticeable, typically mobs die too fast and in epics they regen their stats fast enough. since the WOP days, doing stat damage to mobs has been pretty much pointless.
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

You are the one choosing not to play alts.

Casual player now investing way less than I used to into the game, playing 1-3 months at a time and still want nothing to do with Reaper. #improvepuggrouping#alldifficultiesmatter

Community Member

Interesting, I came here to post a thread with the exact same title and found this recent thread.

I'm looking to fill a weapon's extra slot but don't want to spend PEDs due to the fact that I'm not expecting to be using this weapon for more than a couple levels.

Sounds like Vampirism might be a better choice than CON damage? Combined with some healing amp seems like this could be worthwhile...

Quote Originally Posted by SuperNiCd View Post
    I'm looking to fill a weapon's extra slot but don't want to spend PEDs due to the fact that I'm not expecting to be using this weapon for more than a couple levels.
    Insightful Deadly?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Insightful Deadly?
    Oh, good call! I assumed anything insightful required PEDs.

Community Member changelingamuck's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    in epics they regen their stats fast enough. since the WOP days, doing stat damage to mobs has been pretty much pointless.
    This is a common point of confusion. Epic ward doesn't affect mobs' rate-of-recovery from ability damage at all. It gives mobs a chance to ignore incoming ability damage that is scaled by quest difficulty. Epic ward does give mobs a faster rate of regenerating negative levels.

It's partly off topic, but since epic ward has come up, I'll rant a little anyways. Epic ward is, in general, a rusted-out, cobweb-encrusted joke collection of game mechanics that was implemented in order to address a drastically different meta-game when level 20 was cap and they wanted what was then 'end-game' to have 'special rules'. It's reason for existing in the first place (being end-game) hasn't been valid for many years. I find it overly restrictive towards the effectiveness of ability damage. And the way it erases the effectiveness of an entire group of spells that weren't that useful in the first place is particularly grotesque (charm/domination spells). It basically strips a handful of varied combat strategies out of the game arbitrarily and reduces the game's complexity consequently and it should be gutted or removed.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperNiCd View Post
    Interesting, I came here to post a thread with the exact same title and found this recent thread.

Sounds like Vampirism might be a better choice than CON damage? Combined with some healing amp seems like this could be worthwhile...
    Vampirism is gimp'd as it has an internal cool-down between proc's. Better off with Ins-Deadly then prett much anything else. Thats assuming they've fixed the bugs with it.

Resin
    Last edited by Invalid_103; 02-13-2017 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by changelingamuck View Post
    This is a common point of confusion. Epic ward doesn't affect mobs' rate-of-recovery from ability damage at all. It gives mobs a chance to ignore incoming ability damage that is scaled by quest difficulty. Epic ward does give mobs a faster rate of regenerating negative levels.

It's partly off topic, but since epic ward has come up, I'll rant a little anyways. Epic ward is, in general, a rusted-out, cobweb-encrusted joke collection of game mechanics that was implemented in order to address a drastically different meta-game when level 20 was cap and they wanted what was then 'end-game' to have 'special rules'. It's reason for existing in the first place (being end-game) hasn't been valid for many years. I find it overly restrictive towards the effectiveness of ability damage. And the way it erases the effectiveness of an entire group of spells that weren't that useful in the first place is particularly grotesque (charm/domination spells). It basically strips a handful of varied combat strategies out of the game arbitrarily and reduces the game's complexity consequently and it should be gutted or removed.
    I agree with the sentiment... Some form of viable ability damage needs to return to DDO.

Quote Originally Posted by changelingamuck View Post

I'm with you. Save that arbitrary nonsense for Reaper, which is much more in the style of the old epics. I'd rather it wasn't there either to be honest, but at least that's a 'special video game mode', unlike L20-30 which should be seen as just the top third of the level range now (and I'd enjoy it a lot more).

It also vexing that we have that nonsense on orange, red and purple names. I'd rather they had buffs to dispel (which they could recast according to HP triggers maybe) or crazy-saves instead.

On topic: vampirism is also melee only and won't (or shouldn't) work on ranged. EDIT: wrong! see post below. It does work, its just rubbish.

Also, I miss my stat-damage-on-hit weapons very much. I have hung on like grim death to all my old pairs of scimmies for my ranger. Their DPS is shockingly low compared to new loot, but they're so useful in specific situations. I love using my - Str on hit scimitars of -Str on crit on beholders. Highly effective. Against Ogres and Giants... not so much.
    Last edited by dunklezhan; 02-13-2017 at 02:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge
    Quote Originally Posted by Amundir View Post
    My words are great. Even out of context.

Vamp does work on ranged but as i stated before, it has an internal cool down of 2-3 seconds between heals. (Makes it useless)

In my mind, Vamp should work more like the Scion of the Shadowfell effect. Regardless of melee or ranged. http://m.ddowiki.com/page/Scion_of_the_Shadowfell Just have the effect scale depending on the level on the item enchanted.
    Last edited by Invalid_103; 02-13-2017 at 02:50 PM.

Vamp does work on ranged but as i stated before, it has an internal cool down of 2-3 seconds between heals. (Makes it useless)
    Oh yes that's it. I knew there was a reason it sucked now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge
    Quote Originally Posted by Amundir View Post
    My words are great. Even out of context.

Community Member

Vampirism is gimp'd as it has an internal cool-down between proc's. Better off with Ins-Deadly then prett much anything else. Thats assuming they've fixed the bugs with it.
    Resin
    Correct for 2-handed weapons, incorrect for 2 weapons in different hands. Insightful Deadly currently is really best for extra slot, but for 2 slot in 2 weapons you may use only one, and second... second, unfortunately, have only one last viable option - vampirism. Internal cooldown is huge drawback, but here no better option anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by dunklezhan View Post
    On topic: vampirism is also melee only and won't (or shouldn't) work on ranged.
    Last time is check ( I can re-check if need ), it's work for my crafted shuriken. Moreover, internal cooldown seems not applicable for additional proc from Adv. Ninja Training or Shuriken Expertize - for each simultaneously procced shuriken you gain one proc for vampirism. So, it's better than nothing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast