Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Gear Set Planner Application

7/20/2015 3:24 PM -- Clicking an effect in the selected or not slotted lists now sends effect info to the output box (used to be the double click behavior),
    added U36 items to named list, enable all slots button now acts as a toggle

3/27/2017 10:14 AM -- Added a warning flag when you close the app without saving changes.

1/12/2017 11:30 AM -- Doublestrike now working in game for trinket prefix.

12/5/2016 -- Fixed Unbound Recipe ingredient list, added level progression information for a variety of shards

10/15/2016 -- New build up, support for item levels.

10/11/2016 --New build added, change log is in the second post.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hello Everyone.

I have been working on a windows .NET application to assist in the planning of Cannith Crafted gear sets. Its been through many iterations over the past month and I'm finally ready to make a Beta version available to a wider audience.

The app is currently built for .NET 4.5.2, older .NET versions could be supported with some work. If necessary..

I intend to maintain the app as long as real life permits but timeliness will vary.

While there is some overlap, this tool is not meant to replace the fine on-line crafting planner over at: ( http://ccplanner.byethost14.com/gear_master.html ).

This application is aimed at assisting in the process of allocating effects to items in a cohesive Cannith crafted gear set. Recipes are part of the process, but they are not the main point.

I'm using a OneNote folder to distribute the application and the same page includes a brief intro on how the app works.

I stumbled on the ability to attach executables directly to a OneNote page by accident, but it has proven to be a convenient way to distribute the app... so far.

The OneNote page can be accessed by any browser at the link:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmiyKLFVFqnrhlc4irdxA-5_5M3a

The application is in the "Gear Set Planner App Pre-Release" page as an attachment. You can double click or right click on the attachment to download it. There is only one page in the folder at the moment, but I may add a suggestions and issues summary page at some point.

The app can be run from any folder where it has permissions to create a sub-folder to hold the stored gear set files.

My wife runs it directly from a DropBox folder so that the app and her Gear Sets are available across all of her windows machines.

Have fun.
    Tom
    Last edited by TPICKRELL; 07-20-2017 at 02:30 PM.
    Khyber -- Grubbby, Grubonon, Gralak, and all the gang of *grubs* in the Homeboys of Stormreach.

3/27/2017 10:14 AM -- Added a warning flag when you close the app without saving changes. Also added logic to not allow parrying to be dropped on items that are less then level 10. Parrying is treated as an insightful shard for level restrictions, even when it is going into a prefix or suffix slot.

1/23/2017 9:00 AM -- Replaced the Collectibles page with a new form that contains more detailed information. You can now click on an ingredient in the info box to launch the collectibles page with that ingredient selected or you can launch it from the info --> Collectibles menu item. Fixed scaling values for Vitality. Removed Insightful Concentration from the list of effects that could be applied to the Goggles Extra slot

1/12/2017 11:30 AM -- Doublestrike now working for trinket prefix, added that combination back. Did some work on the list of compatible effects for a slot. The list is now sorted alphabetically and also a blank line is inserted every few lines to make it easier to find a specific effect in the sometime long wall of text.

12/5/2016 10:49 AM -- Added progression info for Open Lock and Good Damage, Removed Physical Sheltering from the effect list. Corrected recipe generation for a variety of unbound shards to include the correct rare and purified counts.

11/28/2016 4:30 PM -- Fixed ingredients count issue for uncommon ingredients for copy recipe to clipboard.

11/28/2016 3:37 PM -- Fixed issue with effects under bracers item not displaying progression info. Added progression info for Insightful Skills

10/14/2016 12:57 PM -- Added Check Box to indicate whether item levels should be displayed (some gear sets may not be tied to levels). Also the state of the three chkboxes are not stored as part of the gear set file and are restored when the file is loaded.

10/14/2016 11:18 AM -- Added Item Levels. Each item now has a level that displays in the group box title (i.e. Armor (34) ). This in turn causes the effects in the Prefix/Suffix/Extra slots to show their effect level for the given item level (i.e. Impulse (159) ). There is a new right click menu item that allows you to set the level 1-34 for each item. And a new main menu item under effects that allows you to set the level for all items at once.

10/11/20169:20 AM
    New Build -- Corrects shard to slot compatibility for a few shards based on EllisDee37's forum post reporting conflicts between the list of slots on shards and what the item workstation actually accepts.

Added Abilty to Lock Items. You can right click on an item and lock/unlock it. The intent is that a locked item is going hold a named item, so you do not want to use it for cannith crafting. When an Item is locked, the display for that item changes. The Prefix/Suffix/Extra slot fields are hidden and are replaced by a single larger text box that shows the item notes for that item. You can put the named item name and effects in the item notes so that you can see the item details while planning your gearset.

10/7/2016 4:03PM --

New Build --Adds improved weapon support for two weapon fighting, fixing a spelling errorand adds right click menu on all effects box to uncheck all.
    Last edited by TPICKRELL; 03-27-2017 at 06:53 PM.
    Khyber -- Grubbby, Grubonon, Gralak, and all the gang of *grubs* in the Homeboys of Stormreach.

Suggestions:
    - user-selectable 0-2 augment slots per gear item
    - MLs so that I can build/refine gear sets
    - ML slider so that I can change gear sets as and when named gear becomes usable
    Last edited by TPICKRELL; 10-15-2016 at 05:13 PM.

Reserved.

I'm fairly finicky about gear sets at different levels and I see this as something I will play with for that purpose. Good Job. +1 etc.
    Karadon: Paladin [5] Mar - Jul 2006 - Aureon [EU] --- Paladin [20] Feb 2010 - June 2012 - Orien --- Paladin [21] June 2012 - July 2013 - Orien [TR1] --- Paladin [20] July 2013 - Present - Orien [TR2]
    Yes this is correct, I played Paladins, even pure Paladins before Update 23!!!

Community Manager

Cool!
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Very nice.

Thank you. This is nice and clear and easy to use.

As creator of CCplanner:
    Quote Originally Posted by TPICKRELL View Post
    While there is some overlap, this tool is not meant to replace the fine on-line crafting planner over at: ( http://ccplanner.byethost14.com/ )
    Thanks=)
    But, you really need to link this page: http://ccplanner.byethost14.com/gear_master.html.

My view as user:
    Suggestion 1 (critical): add slot for second melee weapon.
    Reason: TWF (people make item set not only for cap) and this is slot for for INS Deadly or INS Seeker.

Suggestion 2 (non-critical): change ui for item. I mean next things: disable/enable items, UI order for full item set like in game.
    Reason: IMHO, it's necessary changes.

Good luck in developing next updates=)
    Wiki page.
    Standing stone has no soul.

Community Member

Whew, thank goodness this guys hard work has been repayed by moving his post to somewhere no one will ever see it!

Quote Originally Posted by ramzes7asit4 View Post
    As creator of CCplanner:

Thanks=)
    But, you really need to link this page: http://ccplanner.byethost14.com/gear_master.html.

My view as user:
    Suggestion 1 (critical): add slot for second melee weapon.
    Reason: TWF (people make item set not only for cap) and this is slot for for INS Deadly or INS Seeker.

Suggestion 2 (non-critical): change ui for item. I mean next things: disable/enable items, UI order for full item set like in game.
    Reason: IMHO, it's necessary changes.

Good luck in developing next updates=)
    I've updated the link in the op as per your request. Sorry about using the wrong one.

I'll think again about how to handle weapons. They get complicated because of the combinations TWF vs SWF vs THF and within TWF there's two weapons, or one weapon and a shield... Plus there's weapons sets that make it easy to switch weapons for different situations. Your right that it could be better, but I've not come up with what feels like a good answer yet and it will be complicated so I was waiting for a bit of inspiration before doing something bigger. There is definitely room for improvement there, just not sure where to take it yet.

I agree with your other suggestion also, but I just didn't have room on the screen to show the information that was needed with the item circle around a stick man design that is used in game. In game uses an item icon with a very detailed hover popup. That doesn't work for a drag and drop interface since the individual effect slot need to be visible and readable. The item layout I used has the items organized with the core body slots in the center from head to toe down the page and the arms slots on the outsides.

Thanks for the suggestions. I will take another look when I get some time.

Quote Originally Posted by goldgolem View Post
    Whew, thank goodness this guys hard work has been repayed by moving his post to somewhere no one will ever see it!

I requested that Cordovan move the thread to crafting, after another forum user pointed out that it would be easier to find long term if it were under crafting, and would stay on the crafting front page much longer so more people most interested in crafting would be more likely to see it. So blame me not Cordo...

I have been working on a windows .NET application to assist in the planning of Cannith Crafted gear sets...
    Love it!

Things that would be nice to see:

- MLs so that I can build/refine gear sets.
    - named items working (or at least editable)
    - named augments (eg. masters voice); I'm happy to just type the names
    - ML slider so that I can change gear sets as and when named gear becomes usable

But...even without any of those it's still great!

Community Member Thunder-Monkey's Avatar

This is sweet, thank you.

Is there a way to 'uncheck all' in the All Effects list?

TM
    Last edited by Thunder-Monkey; 10-06-2016 at 01:32 PM.

Thumbs up

Hello Everyone.

I have been working on a windows .NET application to assist in the planning of Cannith Crafted gear sets. Its been through many iterations over the past month and I'm finally ready to make a Beta version available to a wider audience.
    Tom

Thanks so much for the thought, time and work put into this project!

After struggling with visualizing ideas for my own crafting, this app helped me bust out 3 new items in no time.

I liked the at-a-glance way to 'see' items slotted and quick way to rule stuff out.

Thanks again :-)
    Gimme a cookie or the remote gets it

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder-Monkey View Post
    This is sweet, thank you.

Is there a way to 'uncheck all' in the All Effects list?

TM
    No, but i've added a right click menu to clear the checked items for the next build.

Quote Originally Posted by pjw View Post
    Love it!

Things that would be nice to see:

- MLs so that I can build/refine gear sets.
    - named items working (or at least editable)
    - named augments (eg. masters voice); I'm happy to just type the names

But...even without any of those it's still great!
    I may eventually do more with named items, but for now, the tool only lets you drag a selected effect onto the named item list of effects. I've shied away from adding named items into a list due to the amount of data entry and maintenance that this would involve. I'll keep your wish list in mind though going forward.

The named item list was working for a quick test for me. I am able to drag an effect from the selected effects list and drop it on the list in the named items tab. Is it not working for you?

Community Member Thunder-Monkey's Avatar

No, but i've added a right click menu to clear the checked items for the next build.
    Excellent, thank you again - used it to make my 1st crafted item.

TM

Community Member

Is there a way to block a gear slot from populating, or label it (aside from the notes)? For example, I might want to mark the trinket box as "LoTD" and not have it become available when trying to decide on effects.

Nice work.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast