Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PhotoRob View Post
    Feh. Those quests are at least an hour each. Spies is easily 2. I actually *avoid* those quests because they're so long and boring.
    Are you running them solo? Most PUGs can finish a EH run much faster than that.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    Are you running them solo? Most PUGs can finish a EH run much faster than that.
    My hour running them was solo. In a group we could probably do them twice each in an hour for 1400 essences.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    Is this still the case? I.e., if making a human Artificer as a crafter, is it better to stay at character level 1, level your crafting to 380, then level you toon to arty 20 w/Making DM for the +20 crafting levels to hit 400?

Been trying to work out a simple build template I can use for a crafting alt on new servers. Thanks!
    As EllisDee confirmed, this is indeed still the case. Every bonus level you have or gain early on is one that you cannot get later on when they can really help you.

However, if you only want to craft for yourself, then crafting level 340 is sufficient to craft all bound shards with 100% chance of success - if you don't mind failing on minimum level 34 shards occasionally, then even crafting level 320 is sufficient. Either way, this is low enough that bonus levels and when you obtain them doesn't make much of a difference.

On the other hand, if you do want to reach crafting level 400, the best option is indeed to get to level 376 to 380 without any bonus levels. Getting to crafting level 380 and then obtaining 20 bonus levels is an option, but starting at level 371 things do get expensive: you either need lots and lots of essences for many unbound minimum level 34 shards, or collectables for level 400 shards. So it may be better to aim for level 396 including bonus levels (for example 376+20) and then craft a level 425 shard (which require collectables, too) to get you to 400 levels in total.

Once you reached total level 400, you can continue to gain crafting experience, and eventually get rid of the dragonmark or the artificer levels once you don't need them any more.

Tols.

Quote Originally Posted by Tols View Post
    However, if you only want to craft for yourself, then crafting level 340 is sufficient to craft all bound shards with 100% chance of success - if you don't mind failing on minimum level 34 shards occasionally, then even crafting level 320 is sufficient. Either way, this is low enough that bonus levels and when you obtain them doesn't make much of a difference.
    Those two options (go to 340 or stop at 320) are actually the same thing, because once you get to 321, you use ML34 shards to continue leveling. And the only reason to continue leveling is to make ML34 shards, which you're making to level, so 321-340 is all effectively the same thing.

If I recall correctly, you end up getting 100% chance on ML34 shards before you reach level 340 due to repetition bonuses.

Thumbs up Wonderful.

Thank you for all the insight.
    The Truth~ +5 Transmuting Utterance of Puncturing .
    BarrelBane Crateslayers~Shamrocks.
    of Spew(Argo, Thelanis, Cannith);Chunkss[Argo]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123