Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Very nice work!

Small bug with "Select minimal level of the item"; level 23 doesn't exist in the drop down.

Thumbs up

Nice thing you got there, the only thing missing I noticed are ruby eyes augments.
    Good job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

Cool

Good job!
    //Innokentiy//, //Efrosimya Polikarpovna//, //Prokofiy Potapovich//, //Lukerya Mstislavovna// of Argonnessen
    My youtube channel (outdated)
    Hope your eyes are not bleeding after reading my english (not really).

Quote Originally Posted by ramzes7asit4 View Post
    Hi!
    There you can find new CC planer.
    It's based on my wiki work and this doc (Not finish yet)
    Thanks to all editors and Cordovan for https://forums-old.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5858836.
    I'll update and support this planner.
    Post here or here (wiki) bugs, errors, grammar mistake, and improvement idea.
    You sir just saved me and made me a ton of shards. Kudos to you
    Bought my first dungeon master's guide in 1992. My favourite part of ddo is coffee and slayers

Default I'm back

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    If it's not too difficult, could you add a second page for shard lookup so we could easily search what slots each shard can be applied to?
    I will create some cool things=) //need time

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    Would it be difficult for the planner to tell me the level range that will have the same bonus?
    Done. Look near the effect (if range >1 lvl)

Quote Originally Posted by LrdSlvrhnd View Post
    Edit: Two quick things... it's "planner" with two Ns (dunno if you can change the web addy or not), and it should be "Unknown" not "Unknow". Looks great... other than the collectibles prices (which isn't on your end, obviously lol)
    I use this: http://www.dictionary.com/browse/planner?s=t (or look in that way: doublestrike, doubleshot, double rainbow) //Edit: yeah, I miss one "n"=(
    "Unknown" - Fix.
    "collectibles prices" - Currently I have no idea how improves this thing

Quote Originally Posted by btolson View Post
    Small bug with "Select minimal level of the item"; level 23 doesn't exist in the drop down.
    Fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    Nice thing you got there, the only thing missing I noticed are ruby eyes augments.
    Good job.
    Fix.
    Last edited by ramzes7asit4; 08-26-2016 at 01:21 PM. Reason: fix
    Wiki page.
    Standing stone has no soul.

Done. Look near the effect (if range >1 lvl)
    Perfection!

No worries on the shard lookup delay.

I have another feature request for non-scaling effects.

I don't really understand how non-scaling effects work. Do they have an Absolute Minimum Level associated with them, and you can't apply them unless the ML of the item is >= the AML of the non-scaling effect?

IIRC, the in-game tooltips say "adds to minimum level", which doesn't make sense. What happens if you put non-scaling effects on both the prefix and suffix? They don't add together, right?

Anyway, in regards to the planner, somehow convey this information. Right now the planner lets me plan an ML1 trinket with True Sight, which obviously won't work in-game. My initial thought is not to filter the combo boxes -- that could be confusing -- but rather add an AML note to the description for non-scaling shards. (Maybe have this extra AML note in the description turn red if the chosen ML isn't high enough?)

I have another feature request for non-scaling effects.

I don't really understand how non-scaling effects work. Do they have an Absolute Minimum Level associated with them, and you can't apply them unless the ML of the item is >= the AML of the non-scaling effect?

IIRC, the in-game tooltips say "adds to minimum level", which doesn't make sense. What happens if you put non-scaling effects on both the prefix and suffix? They don't add together, right?

Anyway, in regards to the planner, somehow convey this information. Right now the planner lets me plan an ML1 trinket with True Sight, which obviously won't work in-game. My initial thought is not to filter the combo boxes -- that could be confusing -- but rather add an AML note to the description for non-scaling shards. (Maybe have this extra AML note in the description turn red if the chosen ML isn't high enough?)
    In last Lamania build non-scaling effect seems broken. Look at this posts: https://forums-old.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5860569, https://forums-old.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5860664, https://forums-old.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5860761.
    I think, levels don't stack. It's just minimal level. Planner know about minimal level, but now its not use this info (I fix this when non-scalable shard will affect on minimal level). In the last Lamania release you really can make ML1 trinket with true sight.
    Wiki page.

Cool New Update

Add "Rune Arms" (like trinkets. This info from Cordovan stream)
    Add some description.
    Add new function: "Gear master".

About new function:
    It's tools for select enchantment for the personal CC items set.
    If it's not too difficult, could you add a second page for shard lookup so we could easily search what slots each shard can be applied to?
    Select all items and one bonus.
    Wiki page.

Way cool!

I'm playing with it now using the 30 effects I want and the 10 gear slots where I want to put them. In terms of "what slots can only take a single effect", this feature is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Well done!

The other side of that coin is "what effects can only go in one slot?" (Like, for example, Insightful Deadly, which only goes on Trinket Extra.) This question isn't easily answered by the gear master, and it's the question that drives about half of my gear planning. Here's an image of the spreadsheet I use, click to enlarge:

The spreadsheet answers the question "What slot can only take a single effect?" by looking at vertical columns, and answers the question "What effect can only go in a single slot?" by looking at horizontal rows. I'm not sure if there's an elegant way to incorporate the latter into the gear master, but figured I'd toss it out there.

Regardless, well done and kudos. That's a way cool feature.

PS: I think your planner is missing the 2 purifieds for unbound prefixes and suffixes. Pretty sure they all cost 2 purifieds, and the planner lists none of them.

Add "Rune Arms" (like trinkets. This info from Cordovan stream)
    Add some description.

About new function:
    It's tools for select enchantment for the personal CC items set.

Select all items and one bonus.
    I said it before and I'll say it again... dude you rock!!!!

Stoner81.

PS: I think your planner is missing the 2 purifieds for unbound prefixes and suffixes. Pretty sure they all cost 2 purifieds, and the planner lists none of them.
    Yeah. Now, this fix.
    Wiki page.

On the gear master, is it supposed to only show you effects to choose from that could conceivably go on the items you've generated a table for? If so, its not filtering correctly I dont' think.
    Last edited by dunklezhan; 08-29-2016 at 09:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge
    Quote Originally Posted by Amundir View Post
    My words are great. Even out of context.

Quote Originally Posted by dunklezhan View Post
    On the gear master, is it supposed to only show you effects to choose from that could conceivably go on the items you've generated a table for? If so, its not filtering correctly I dont' think.
    If you notice some bug in gear master, then post some screenshots/input data/other things. And, I will fix the problem.
    Wiki page.

If you notice some bug in gear master, then post some screenshots/input data/other things. And, I will fix the problem.
    not sure, but I think he simply don't get how to use it.
    It wasn't clear to me too, at first, and took me few moments before I could grasp its purpose (and its awesome).
    Maybe a short (2-3 sentences) manual would help a lot?
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

not sure, but I think he simply don't get how to use it.
    I think this is entirely likely, which is why i was asking what it was supposed to show. I'll try to grab a screenie later, its probably me.

EDIT: oh ok, I sort of see now. I was using it for a non-intended purpose.

Ok - it would be good additional functionality if on this page:
    http://ccplaner.esy.es/gear_master.html

When I choose just one or a couple of items, I could click 'filter available effects' before I started selected what effects I might want to slot in. If I choose to make a main and off hand weapon for example, it would be helpful if I simply couldn't select (or if the effects were colour coded in the effect lists) the ones which couldnt' go on that item.

It could be a yet another page for you to build of course: half way between 'I want to make one item' (which the main page is brilliant for) and 'I want to plan all these effects' (which the gear master is brilliant for).

Probably just me being niche again though.

Another good addition to the gear master page might be a totalling up of all the ingredients you'll need. Just to give the user an idea of what craziness you're actually trying to pull together before they go and start using the main page to work out each item separately
    Last edited by dunklezhan; 08-29-2016 at 10:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge
    Quote Originally Posted by Amundir View Post
    My words are great. Even out of context.

Additional bug with Planner:

The values for Effect: Save: Parrying (Insightful saves and Insightful AC) are different than what's on the spreadsheet. I do not know which is correct, only that they disagree.

For instance in the Planner, for a level 15 item, it states:
    Effect: Save: Parrying 4 (Insightful saves and Insightful AC). Power range: 15-20.. Power range: 15-20.

However, on the spreadsheet, level 15 parrying has a value of 3.

I haven't looked too closely at other effects to know if this is the only one that disagrees with the spreadsheet.

Next update in few days.
    In next update:
    * Add more miss value. And recheck current value.
    * Not change to ingredient: Problem is ingredient changes for non-scaling effect (look at wiki for more detail). I think this will be fix in Live or Lamania v4.
    * Update of gear master.
    * Correct enchant for collars and rune arms.
    * Block extra for item with min level <=9.

It wasn't clear to me too, at first, and took me few moments before I could grasp its purpose (and its awesome).
    Maybe a short (2-3 sentences) manual would help a lot?
    So, I tried to write some manual... I would really appreciate some help with these few sentences. Problem: It's obvious to me how to use this, and I don't know what info I should write.

Quote Originally Posted by btolson View Post
    Additional bug with Planner:
    The values for Effect: Save: Parrying (Insightful saves and Insightful AC) are different than what's on the spreadsheet. I do not know which is correct, only that they disagree.
    I check this, but planner show: Effect: Save: Parrying 3 (Insightful saves and Insightful AC). Power range: 13-17.
    Wiki page.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast