Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Manager

Default Update 32 on Lamannia: Cannith Crafting Preview

Hello! We will be opening Lamannia shortly for our first preview of the new Cannith Crafting system coming to DDO in Update 32.

We will be hosting a dev event on Friday, August 12th from 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT)
    The preview event will give you an opportunity to ask No Worries and others questions, try out the system, get ingredients as needed, etc. We'll be in the Cannith Crafting areas taking part in the event. Additionally, there will be an advice channel Craftingpreview. To join, use /joinchannel craftingpreview

Character Copy to Lamannia is now available!
    To copy a character from the live worlds to Lamannia, simply launch the Lamannia game client, select the character copy option, and follow the steps. If you run into an issue with character copy, log into the character you want to transfer on the live worlds, log out, then try again. You cannot send the same item twice to Lamannia on different characters.

Cannith Crafting Overview:

Please use this thread to discuss your overall thoughts on Cannith Crafting, or feel free to make your own post in the Cannith Crafting Preview forums.

Here's what you need to know to get started:

WHERE:

Cannith Crafting Workstations can be found in Eberron in House Cannith and House Kundarak.

HOW:

1. Deconstruct an item to make it ready for crafting.
    2. Craft shards of the benefits you want to apply to the item.
    3. Craft a Minimum Level shard which determines the minimum level of the item, and the power level of the shards being crafted onto the item.
    3. Craft the shards onto the item.

SCHOOLS AND XP:

There is a single school for the new Cannith Crafting system. The level cap is 400, and your previously-earned Cannith Crafting XP will be added together and carried over.
    Level 50: 1,256 Cannith Crafting XP
    Level 100: 7,313 XP
    Level 150: 30,151 XP
    Level 260: 245,580 <- where current maxed out crafters will end up.
    Level 340: 472,752 XP
    Level 400: 650,040 XP

CRAFTING DIFFICULTY LEVEL:

• Minimum Level shards will have a crafting difficulty of their level x 10, except for Minimum Level 1, which has a crafting difficulty of level 1. Unbound Minimum Level shards have a difficulty of their level x 10 + 50.
    • Scaling Effect shards like Strength and Spell Focus have a crafting difficulty level based on the group they are in. There are three groups of scaling effect shards. Non-Scaling effects like True Seeing and Fearsome fall independently along the Cannith Crafting difficulty level curve. Group 1 has a minimum crafting level of 1, Group 2 has a minimum crafting level of 50, and Group 3 has a minimum crafting level of 100.
    • Unbound versions of these shards add 150 to their crafting level, and Insightful versions of these shards add 175 to their crafting level.

ESSENCES:

• There is now a single essence, rather than lesser and greater versions of essences. The old essences can be exchanged at a rate of 1:1 for the greater essences and 5:1 for the lesser essences.
    • When items are deconstructed, they will award essences based on the minimum level of the item being deconstructed.

COLLECTIBLES:

• Collectibles will be used in all crafting recipes. Many of the collectibles already exist, but some new collectibles have been added that appear in higher levels in both Eberron and the Forgotten Realms.

OTHER NOTES:

• Artificer Mark of Making benefits remain unchanged.
    • Flexible shards have been removed.
    • The percentage chance to successfully craft a shard when the character has a lower crafting level than the level of the shard being crafted scales at 50% when 15 levels below the recipe, instead of the 10 levels it was under the old system.
    • Players can now craft recipes if they have at least a one percent chance of success.
    • Shard slot restrictions are the same as randomly-generated loot.
    • Marks of House Cannith add a 3rd extra effect slot to the item.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Community Manager

Known Issues in Cannith Crafting:

• Crafting onto rune arms is not currently implemented.
    • Crafting onto challenge gear is not currently implemented.
    • We are continuing to work on a mass deconstruction method.
    • Trinket crafting is not currently functioning correctly.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

The new character copy tool is ossum. Are you guys going to implement a paid version (tokens?) for server transfers generally?
    Kimmeh--Lehren--Natheme--Arekkeh--Daiahn--Yesminde
    Join Magefire Cannon on Thelanis!
    Follow PB on Twitch!
    PB's Youtube Channel

The option to exchange 10 greater essences is not working, although the other ones (1, 100, 500, 1000) all are.

Actually, I was able to use the 10 option on Greater Divine Essences and it made 45 of my essences disappear somehow--I had 56 and after I hit trade on 10 essences I had . . . 1. Oh, wait, I see now, it's because the trade is taking 55 of them for some reason even though it says it should be 10.

It does, however, only GIVE you 10 essences when you trade.
    Last edited by PsychoBlonde; 08-11-2016 at 02:47 PM.
    Follow PB on Twitch!
    PB's Youtube Channel

So, here's what my maxxed-out crafter looks like after I converted all my greater essences (I skipped lessers, I don't have very many and they're tedious to convert). It took me roughly 20 minutes to convert my greaters though:

Follow PB on Twitch!
    PB's Youtube Channel

Okay, wow, all the shard recipes require a LOT of collectibles AND some Purified Dragonshards to make--which are kinda expensive to get since, you know, you NEED A TOME to trade for them and tomes are expensive!

So . . . if you just want to level up crafting you're going to be making a lot of ML shards, it looks like.

Wait, there are actually 2 item shards that don't require purified dragonshards that I've seen so far--ranged and melee alacrity.

Okay, it's not QUITE that bad--you can get purified dragonshards one of four ways:

1. Swapping them for tomes
    2. Swapping them for Tokens of the Twelve
    3. Buying some with astral shards
    4. Trading Small/Medium/Large Eberron Dragonshards for them.

I have a boatload of Tokens of the Twelve on Thelanis (although I didn't transfer them out of shared bank so imma just buy a **** ton of Lamma astral shards I guess) so I guess this isn't TOO bad. It'll sure make Tokens valuable again.
    Last edited by PsychoBlonde; 08-11-2016 at 03:14 PM.
    Follow PB on Twitch!
    PB's Youtube Channel

There doesn't appear to be a way to deconstruct crafted shards (new or old) back into essences.

Edit: As PsychoBlonde said, at my current level (221-224), stuff other than minimum level shards are pretty much non-existant in order to level up. For Unbound shards, min lvl shards are literally all there is. For Bound shards, there are either min lvl shards or 30 Insightful shards, that require collectables that previously didn't exist on top of 5 Purified Dragonshards. This is a poor design.
    Last edited by Cleanincubus; 08-11-2016 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBlonde View Post
    The option to exchange 10 greater essences is not working, although the other ones (1, 100, 500, 1000) all are.

Actually, I was able to use the 10 option on Greater Divine Essences and it made 45 of my essences disappear somehow--I had 56 and after I hit trade on 10 essences I had . . . 1. Oh, wait, I see now, it's because the trade is taking 55 of them for some reason even though it says it should be 10.

Wonderful! Nice catch. Wrote a report for our internal database.

Cinnamon Synonym Anemone Sierim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBlonde View Post

In a similar vein, converting lesser essences into Cannith Essences in groups of 1000 gives a better return on investment than other recipes (1000->250, or 4->1, instead of the 5->1 described in others).
    The threadkiller has spoken.

With Purified Eberron Dragonshard Fragments being used in large numbers in most/all higher level recipes I think we will need a way to trade these. Otherwise crafting for friends will suffer as they cannot supply the parts to the crafter.

Deconning seems to return ~35 essences on average for ML30 items which seems fine to me. I didnt check for lower ML items though.

As far as I am corcerned its looking good. The major remaining unknown is drop rates on the collectibles though which could still break the system if those are too rare.
    Member of Spellswords on Ghallanda

The Hatchery

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Known Issues in Cannith Crafting:

• We are continuing to work on a mass deconstruction method.
    Will old shards have the option to be deconstructed after the update?

I ask because I've got hundreds of crafted shards, no idea how long it will take to deconstruct all of them.
    Crafted most types of shards for leveling, just kept them thinking I might use them someday.

Quote Originally Posted by PuppiesAndRainbows View Post
    Will old shards have the option to be deconstructed after the update?

I ask because I've got hundreds of crafted shards, no idea how long it will take to deconstruct all of them.
    Crafted most types of shards for leveling, just kept them thinking I might use them someday.
    I think they said no to this a while back. Get them crunched now and trade in the essences after the update, or make your existing shards into items to keep.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge
    Quote Originally Posted by Amundir View Post
    My words are great. Even out of context.

What about changing some of the lower level crafting levels to Khyber and Siberys Dragonshards rather than Eberron ones .. They drop more prevelently and they can be built up to different levels for different strengths of enhancement that you are trying to add...

http://ddowiki.com/page/Dragonshard
    Wait, can you hear it? Is it? The worlds smallest vio..nah... nevermind... it can't be, its too small..

Quote Originally Posted by Zzevel View Post
    What about changing some of the lower level crafting levels to Khyber and Siberys Dragonshards rather than Eberron ones .. They drop more prevelently and they can be built up to different levels for different strengths of enhancement that you are trying to add...

http://ddowiki.com/page/Dragonshard

http://eberron.wikia.com/wiki/Progenitor_Dragons

Thematically, it makes sense for Eberron fragments - the giver and importantly creator of life. Siberys and especially Khyber are... not that.

Though from a mechanics point of view, I tend to agree with you. Alternatives would be nice.

Edit: copied and trimmed from a linked page on the same site:

Siberys shards fall from the Ring of Siberys that encircles Eberron. .....The resulting proliferation of Siberys shard items range from devices focused on enhancing the power of a specific mark to generalized tools that work for anyone who bears a dragonmark.

Khyber shards are found beneath the earth near layers of magma or sulfur vents, typically growing on volcanic cavern walls. ... Khyber shard items have an affinity for binding magic. They are common components of binding diagrams, soul trapping spells and similar magic associated with binding creatures.

Eberron shards are found buried in shallow soil in clusters encased in geodes. They are found only in Khorvaire and Aerenal*. ... Eberron shard items store magical energy or psionic power as spellbooks, spell-storing items or psionic power stones. Intelligent magical items often incorporate Eberron shards. Their magical affinity is very broad compared to the specific powers of Siberys and Khyber shards.

(*clearly not in the case of DDO.)
    Last edited by dunklezhan; 08-16-2016 at 01:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge
    Quote Originally Posted by Amundir View Post
    My words are great. Even out of context.

Community Member

There is a single school for the new Cannith Crafting system. The level cap is 400, and your previously-earned Cannith Crafting XP will be added together and carried over.

Short version: If you were capped before, you're not even halfway done now. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Nubom70 View Post

Short version: If you were capped before, you're not even halfway done now. Good luck.
    I have 234?*057 XP now, and that's 147/146/145, so not even close to caps (200s), so people who are capped are going to have more XP and levels.
    And why should people with 200/200/200 be done before its live? Its like demanding your XP to accumulate, for future lvl cap increase, you're 40 on day 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    I have 234?*057 XP now, and that's 147/146/145, so not even close to caps (200s), so people who are capped are going to have more XP and levels.
    And why should people with 200/200/200 be done before its live? Its like demanding your XP to accumulate, for future lvl cap increase, you're 40 on day 1.
    Cap is 150 you're practically there.

Personally I don't mind that I have to level up some more on my capped crafter, I'm a little worried about the collectible costs but haven't had a chance to try it out myself yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    Cap is 150 you're practically there.

Personally I don't mind that I have to level up some more on my capped crafter, I'm a little worried about the collectible costs but haven't had a chance to try it out myself yet.
    Really?
    I was sure they upped it to 200 some time ago.
    Well, I'm gonna push one to 150 to see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

Quote Originally Posted by Nubom70 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    It's largely irrelevant.

I'm not even capped (in the 140s, lower than Vellrad) and I will be able to immediately make every single bound effect shard in the game as soon as it goes live. So it's not like I'm only "halfway there." The highest bound effect is something like level 280, and my low/mid 140s translates to level 251 in the new system.

Unbound shards are entirely irrelevant, as they are far too expensive to craft anything for other people, even if they tried to supply the mats. Because they can't: One of the most expensive mats (purifieds) is unbound, and every single unbound recipe calls for them. So unbound crafting will die no matter what, meaning all crafting levels above 300 may as well not even exist.

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    It's largely irrelevant.

I'm not even capped (in the 140s, lower than Vellrad) and I will be able to immediately make every single bound effect shard in the game as soon as it goes live. So it's not like I'm only "halfway there." The highest bound effect is something like level 280, and my low/mid 140s translates to level 251 in the new system.

Unbound shards are entirely irrelevant, as they are far too expensive to craft anything for other people, even if they tried to supply the mats. Because they can't: One of the most expensive mats (purifieds) is unbound, and every single unbound recipe calls for them. So unbound crafting will die no matter what, meaning all crafting levels above 300 may as well not even exist.
    aren't Purified Eberron Dragonshards (PED) bound (bta)?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast