Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Community Manager

Default Update 33 on Lamannia!

Click here for the Release Notes.

Lamannia is now open with a preview of Update 33: Return of the Night Revels, along with a special EARLY preview of Reaper Mode! NOTE: Reaper Mode will not debut with Update 33, and will be released at a later time. No rewards or other benefits are available during this early preview.

There was a character wipe on Lamannia, so you can copy over your newest characters.

Click here to provide feedback on the monk.

Click here to provide feedback on Reaper Mode.

Use this thread for anything else, or start your own.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Default Let the reaping begin!

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Lamannia is now open with a preview of Update 33: Return of the Night Revels, along with a special EARLY preview of Reaper Mode!
    THEN LET THE REAPING BEGIN!

Cool

Thanks Cordo! Just came to tell you that the character copy on the client is not working atm

Character Copy needs to be working for a full set of tests to be performed from transfered items and characters as well as direct comparisons with live play. This needs to be sorted, even if Lamannia needs to come down in order to do so.

J1NG
    Thelanis: Yijing (*Completionist* TR 20 Aasimar Scourge Monk Level 20 / Epic Level 10)
    Thelanis: Pocket-Monks: Sightblur, Peashoote, Jigglypath, Jedinja.
    Invisible Fences, unkillable Target Practice Dummy's, Shared Bank's, Pale Lavender Ioun Stones, the dimensional barrier between Eberron and Shavarath, I've broken them all...

Community Manager

We're looking into character copy.
    Join us on Twitch!

2016 DDO Players Council
    Resident Blue Dragon
    Hero of the Flame

Here is the error message that I got in case it helps with your investigation:

Community Manager

Ugh. Character Copy is not currently working, so hang tight if you want to copy a character. In the meantime, just to take a look at things, you can roll up a new character and use the XP NPC to level yourself up.
    Join us on Twitch!

Quote Originally Posted by Hipparan View Post
    Here is the error message that I got in case it helps with your investigation:

That's the one I'm getting, too.
    Steve Howe was voted "Best Overall Guitarist" in Guitar Player magazine five years in a row (1977–1981) and in 1981 was the first rock guitar player inducted into the Guitar Player Hall of Fame.

The Hatchery

wuh

The subforum says it's not coming in u33.

EDIT: I think I get it, it's being previewed but won't be coming to live.

2016, 2018 Player Council Member Ziindarax's Avatar

Click here for the Release Notes.

Lamannia is now open with a preview of Update 33: Return of the Night Revels, along with a special EARLY preview of Reaper Mode! NOTE: Reaper Mode will not debut with Update 33, and will be released at a later time. No rewards or other benefits are available during this early preview.

There was a character wipe on Lamannia, so you can copy over your newest characters.

Click here to provide feedback on the monk.

Use this thread for anything else, or start your own.
    Edit: Oh wait, you already know about it. WEll, YAY LAMA!
    Ziind Stargazer - Level 12 fighter/6 Barbarian/2 rogue Half-Orc (Neutral Good) - Formerly a level 20 Paladin Human - Orien

Fernian Summer Carnival

Ugh. Character Copy is not currently working, so hang tight if you want to copy a character. I
    Any update on Character Copy?
    Steve Howe was voted "Best Overall Guitarist" in Guitar Player magazine five years in a row (1977–1981) and in 1981 was the first rock guitar player inducted into the Guitar Player Hall of Fame.

A few quick Known Issues:

• Handwraps are not currently getting (innate) Strength to Hit and Damage. This is fixed internally, but not in the Lamannia build.
    • Bonus +[w]s from things like Unarmed Strike feats and Reinforced Fists are not applying properly in this build.

This means that Handwraps are doing a lot less damage than they should in this build, unfortunately. However, we are aware and working fast on fixes.

If you see any other weirdness with Handwraps where they aren't working as expected, please file a bug report so QA can take a look!
    We don't only build for the builds that exist.
    We don't only build for the builds that are good right now.

The fact that some changes are necessary is not diminished by the fact that other necessary changes have not happened yet.

Community Manager

Unfortunately, it looks like we may not be able to get Character Copy working tonight, although we have an engineer working on it. Sorry. You'll have to create and auto-level up characters to check things out.
    Join us on Twitch!

Handwraps not working? Handwrap weirdness?

I understand all these words, but when strung together like that I can't make heads or tails out of them. I can't even get my head around the concept that handwraps might...be broken?

hehheh.

Quote Originally Posted by ellisdee37 View Post
    handwraps not working? Handwrap weirdness?

I understand all these words, but when strung together like that i can't make heads or tails out of them. I can't even get my head around the concept that handwraps might...be broken?

hehheh.
    Inconceivable!

Yes, it's unfortunate, but this is a complex process and we're quite close (closer than it probably looks) to having it sorted. Thank you for bearing with us.

The fact that some changes are necessary is not diminished by the fact that other necessary changes have not happened yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    Inconceivable!

Yes, it's unfortunate, but this is a complex process and we're quite close (closer than it probably looks) to having it sorted. Thank you for bearing with us.
    I've posted this in the secret meeting forums, but I am publishing this as well so everyone has advanced notice.

As far as I can tell, the named handwraps (like Epic Wraps of Light) so far SEEM to be applying all of their effects. Thunderforged Handwraps, however, are NOT applying ANY of the crafted effects (no fire damage or vulnerability from 1st tier, no dragon's edge slashing damage, nor force damage from mortal fear). Additionally, Stunning blow does not work as intended with Thunderforged handwraps, either.
    Ziind Stargazer - Level 12 fighter/6 Barbarian/2 rogue Half-Orc (Neutral Good) - Formerly a level 20 Paladin Human - Orien

Fernian Summer Carnival

Quote Originally Posted by Ziindarax View Post
    I've posted this in the secret meeting forums, but I am publishing this as well so everyone has advanced notice.

As far as I can tell, the named handwraps (like Epic Wraps of Light) so far SEEM to be applying all of their effects. Thunderforged Handwraps, however, are NOT applying ANY of the crafted effects (no fire damage or vulnerability from 1st tier, no dragon's edge slashing damage, nor force damage from mortal fear).
    Thanks for pointing that out, I believe we did some weirdness to make those work back then that isn't compatible with what we're doing now. Will take a look.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    Thanks for pointing that out, I believe we did some weirdness to make those work back then that isn't compatible with what we're doing now. Will take a look.
    Just spoke with a player by name of Meddling in-game, and (s)he is saying that the customizable and "non-true" random-gen might be trouble makers. Without the character copy up and running, it won't be possible to test and see if Cannith Handwraps are bugging out or not (but to be on the safe side, it might be worth looking at them internally all the same).

Fernian Summer Carnival

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Handwraps not working? Handwrap weirdness?

I understand all these words, but when strung together like that I can't make heads or tails out of them. I can't even get my head around the concept that handwraps might...be broken?

hehheh.
    Borken...the word that you are looking for is borken.
    "When asked if the developers hate the players, as they make so many challenging jumping puzzles, their response was that they have what they consider a “… normal amount of contempt for the players.” This is good. A dungeon master should always nurse a healthy contempt for his or her players."

The Hatchery

Helm, the Watcher
    Helm is the god of guardians, protection, and protectors.
    Available to: All Forgotten Realms characters who are not Morninglords.
    Favored Weapon: Bastard Sword
    Level 6 Unique Active Feat: Ever Watchful: You are a devoted follower of Helm, and your faith has been rewarded. Activate this ability to draw upon the vigilance of Helm for 24 seconds plus 6 seconds per Religious Lore feat you have. In this state, you gain True Seeing, +5 Sacred bonus to Spot and Search, +4 Wisdom, +5 to Fortitude saves, and PRR equal to the number of Religious Lore feats you have.
    Not asking why this is only available to FR iconic toons.
    Just disappointed these feats are split this way.

Wanted to build a half-elf Favored Soul with Helm, but that isn't happening.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast