Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Community Member

I've been playing this and it is awe-some. Not as cool as beating monsters with a stick but certainly more entertaining in an ork waaagh way.

My only beef is with Silver Longbow. Screw Silver Longbow right in the quiver. I've ran C&C a million times, emptied that **** chest repeatedly on alts, got multiples of every named item except that bow. **** that Silver Longbow.

Also, this is by far the best build thread in all the forums. None of the others are remotely as clear (or amusing).

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hobgoblin View Post
    this may not be neccessary for elves as they have grace.
    Given how much stronger the rgr PrEs have gotten, I would rather spend 6 APs for IWF than 18 APs for Elven Grace. YMMV.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    Given how much stronger the rgr PrEs have gotten, I would rather spend 6 APs for IWF than 18 APs for Elven Grace. YMMV.
    agreed.

just putting it out there as an option

would say that 41 aa 36ish and the rest in human damage and heal amp is much more dps but thats just me.

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council
    2017-2021 PC Member

Quote Originally Posted by vampiregoat69 View Post
    This confused me:[*]Get Improved Weapon Finesse ASAP (why?) It does not affect bows at all and if you are AA this makes no sense at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobgoblin View Post
    read it again.

it gives you dex to damage with bows..
    Yes. IMPROVED Weapon Finesse != Weapon Finesse. The key here is to boost DEX as much as possible for to-hit and damage (and reflex saves, and AC) and not have to worry about keeping STR up as well.
    "Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiosity was framed."
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

''Doubleshot can now "wrap" and cause a third or fourth shot if it goes above 100%''

Does anyone know how that works after 100%+ doubleshot?

Right now you should be able to reach ~121 doubleshot without manyshot, but with 4 Killer stacks

10 ED feat
    9 EPls
    15 random item
    5 AA core
    40 AA capstone (it is bugged and gives 40% instead of 20%)
    20 Killer
    20 DWS T5
    2 guild buff

With Manyshot that is 241 doubleshot
    Does this translate to: 100% chance for 2nd arrow (check)-> 100% chance for 3d arrow (check) -> 41% chance for 4th arrow?
    No idea

With fury this build is completely broken
    And with fury cores (Adrenaline I, II, III and Overload) stacking with each other for 1st life toons (should be 3x300% + 400% and I don't know if all this also stacks with Unbridled Fury for an extra +400% on top of this)... you just delete bosses with 1 click.

Meanwhile...
    "Increasing Doublestrike above 100 does not provide any additional benefit."

And then people are wondering why is nobody playing melees anymore

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council
    2017-2021 PC Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phil7 View Post
    With Manyshot that is 241 doubleshot
    Does this translate to: 100% chance for 2nd arrow (check)-> 100% chance for 3d arrow (check) -> 41% chance for 4th arrow?
    Yes, that's how it works, AFAIK.

And with fury cores (Adrenaline I, II, III and Overload) stacking with each other for 1st life toons (should be 3x300% + 400% and I don't know if all this also stacks with Unbridled Fury for an extra +400% on top of this)... you just delete bosses with 1 click.
    And AFAIK, that's NOT how it works. Adrenaline stays at +300% damage with the crit range being +2/+4/+8 at levels 0/2/4, and then 400% damage with +16 crit range. The damage isn't stacking.

EDIT: Just tested on a dummy... regular crit did 349 damage, adrenaline overload crit did 1,846 (close enough to +400 to very clearly not be stacking).
    Last edited by LrdSlvrhnd; 08-21-2016 at 12:00 AM.
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by LrdSlvrhnd View Post
    And AFAIK, that's NOT how it works. Adrenaline stays at +300% damage with the crit range being +2/+4/+8 at levels 0/2/4, and then 400% damage with +16 crit range. The damage isn't stacking.

EDIT: Just tested on a dummy... regular crit did 349 damage, adrenaline overload crit did 1,846 (close enough to +400 to very clearly not be stacking).
    I don't know what AFAIK means but anyway I am talking about a bug here.
    It has something to do with NOT reincarnating with Fury of the Wild as your active destiny
    I have sources ingame who tested this and I am sure more people know about this, because some thought it was smart to share their Combat Log results in their Character Bio.

I don't know exactly how or what stacks, but a 1st life ranger with lame gear doing 70k crits on the dummy seems suspicious enough.
    Not to mention the 7-digit shuriken crit

Community Member

Ran a first life character to level 20 using this build. Was easy, fun and overall awesome. Can't go wrong with the layout.

That being said.

Fark Silver Longbow. Fark it. Fark it hard. I ransacked that chest sssoooo many times on my way to 20.

Also, fark Grim and Barett, ransacked that several times as well. No quiver.

Might want to note that Bone of Sinew is really, really good choice for mid/higher levels. http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Bow_of_Sinew

Same crit profile as the Silver longbow, Seeker 8, Aligned, and +1 multiplier on a roll of 19/20.

And you can get it from the end reward list. After 3 runs you have it. No insane ransacking.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blase View Post
    Fark Silver Longbow. Fark it. Fark it hard. I ransacked that chest sssoooo many times on my way to 20.
    Check the Auction House every few days. Silver Bow pops up periodically. Also, let me know if you're on Argonessen. I might have a spare (I'll look through my mules if you are on Argo).

Might want to note that Bone of Sinew is really, really good choice for mid/higher levels. http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Bow_of_Sinew

Same crit profile as the Silver longbow, Seeker 8, Aligned, and +1 multiplier on a roll of 19/20.

And you can get it from the end reward list. After 3 runs you have it. No insane ransacking.
    The lack of an augment crystal makes me a little sad, but the fact that it's Aligned means it breaks all the same DR as the Silver Bow. I'm a fan.

Cannith crafting helps, too. A dedicated bow that is just there for a couple of specific quests can be nice if you run those quests over and over again.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Community Member

Default Question as to quivers and bows

Hi guys. I'm level 16, just back into the game after a few years off. Loving this build! Working my way back up, and am now level 16. Two questions:

Corrosive Augmented Silver Longbow over Lit 2 Greensteel?

Quiver of Alacrity over Dynamistic Quiver?

Which would you choose and why?

Thanks!

Joe

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omarlittle View Post
    Hi guys. I'm level 16, just back into the game after a few years off. Loving this build! Working my way back up, and am now level 16. Two questions:

Which would you choose and why?

Thanks!

Joe
    I'd absolutely pick the Silver Longbow over a Lit2 Greensteel because nobody runs Heroic Shroud anymore, so getting ingredients is a pain.

If you already have a Lit2 (or even better, a Radiance GS bow), then go for it because it's more fun even though there will be individual enemies who take more damage from a Silver Longbow. I don't think it's worth making an entire dual shard supreme tyrant bow just for that, though. Especially when you'll be using Pinion as soon as you are high enough level for it.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    I'd absolutely pick the Silver Longbow over a Lit2 Greensteel because nobody runs Heroic Shroud anymore, so getting ingredients is a pain.

If you already have a Lit2 (or even better, a Radiance GS bow), then go for it because it's more fun even though there will be individual enemies who take more damage from a Silver Longbow. I don't think it's worth making an entire dual shard supreme tyrant bow just for that, though. Especially when you'll be using Pinion as soon as you are high enough level for it.
    Well, I already have the lit 2, so that's good to go. Kind of defeats the purpose of getting augments for the silver longbow though and focusing on acid damage doesn't it? I mean, if i am using the lit 2 i can use any sort of elemental type damage, right?

How about the quiver of alacrity? I have the older version without the running speed enhancement. I can get the running speed enhancement thru an upgrade process, but is it worth it? Should I just go for the Dynamistic Quiver? I don't mind the hassle of the upgrade so that's no problem. I just wonder which quiver will give more destructive power overall.

thanks
    joe

If you have a crafter, you might want to check out the revised Cannith Crafting. In particular, you can put Ranged Alacrity onto gloves, goggles, and trinkets; but you can't craft Ranged Power, which gives Dynamistic Quiver a slight advantage.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    If you have a crafter, you might want to check out the revised Cannith Crafting. In particular, you can put Ranged Alacrity onto gloves, goggles, and trinkets; but you can't craft Ranged Power, which gives Dynamistic Quiver a slight advantage.
    that makes sense. thanks. and i was just thinking that if i could put the corrosion onto another item with a red slot, i get the scaling benefits of corrosion on the lit 2 bow right?

and i was just thinking that if i could put the corrosion onto another item with a red slot, i get the scaling benefits of corrosion on the lit 2 bow right?
    Correct, although I'm not sure where (or if) you can find gear with a red slot which doesn't go into your hands. But when all else fails, there's always Rock Boots. Although for heroics when not fighting lightning-immune mobs, I prefer Shock Arrows + Wind Bracers since it provides Blurry, Dodge, and Air Guard as well as Magnetism. Note that Cannith Challenge gear was just upgraded in U32, but the wiki hasn't been updated yet.

Augments are going to be weaker than other available sources of spell power. Consider level 12 as an example:

ML12 Corrosion Augment: +66 acid spell power
    ML12 Cannith Crafted: +84 acid spell power
    ML11 Rock Boots (cannith challenges): +82 acid spell power

2016 DDO Council Member Strimtom's Avatar

The silver longbow gives you more overall damage and consistant critical hits, so I prefer it.

The quiver of alacrity will give you more damage if you do not have any ranged alacrity from another source. Dynamistic quiver will be better if you already have some ranged alacrity.

Just to comment about my lack of inclusion of the bow of sinew; it is a good bow, but I intended this as a F2P guide. I don't want new players to think they need to buy a pack to get an item when the bow of sinew is a marginal damage increase over the silver longbow.
    All my builds in one place!
    Personal stream http://www.twitch.tv/strimtom and I stream my show every day. Check my Discord to find the schedule.

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council
    2017-2021 PC Member

Have you looked at the new Cannith Crafting at all? I'm trying to figure out when that might start to overtake the crits on the Silver longbow.

At L10, you can craft a +4 bow with 4d6 damage (2d6 prefix+2d6 suffix (piercing, likely))... or 2d6+2d10 for a Bane weapon... and the base damage is 1.5[W]. I think the Silver Longbow probably still has a bit of an edge (though maybe not for bane weapons, and maybe not if you add +2 Insightful Deadly to the Extra slot).

At L15, it's +5, 6d6 (or 3d6+3d10 bane), and still 1.5[W]/+2 Deadly. At this point you're doing triple the add-on damage (and far more than that against animals and anything you made a bane weapon for), and a fair amount of extra physical damage, especially if you add +2 Insightful Deadly. You'll crit half as often, but when you do it'll be for even more, and meanwhile you'll be doing a lot more on non-crits. I suspect that Silver Longbow starts to fall behind, even without specialized bane weapons or insightful deadly.

A L20, it's +6, 8d6 (4d6+4d10 bane), and 2[W] (and +3 Insightful Deadly); L21 adds another die to both prefix and suffix.

At what point would you think that the extra damage would surpass the extra crit range from Silver Longbow?
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by Strimtom View Post
    [*]Always use a damage and accuracy item.
    What about Seeker items?

Quote Originally Posted by Strimtom View Post
    EPICS
    Getting a Thunderforged bow with Acid spellpower is an insane damage boost. Do that ASAP. You can start epic hard right away with no destinies, it's extremely strong. You do good damage for epic elite, but everything will squash you like a bug in one hit. Avoid epic elite unless you can be carried. As for Epic Destinies...
    What about Pinion, Cloud-piercer - is it better than Thunderforged bow (I have raider's reward box)?

P.S. I started this build half year ago. There was said to pop up Diplomacy skill for Shiradi. I am 16 level already - all this time I was spending points in Diplomacy - is there any use of it now?

Thanks for such great build - this is my third try to play DDO and I'm really enjoying it.

Community Member

Default confused

I am using this build with a new toon. I am at lvl 6 now. I am confused Do I put the first 39 pts ionto deepwood stalker and only then put the rest into AA or do I do it in the reverse..aa first(39) then rest into DW S?? I have t gried it both ways so faar and I do not seem to get the damage mentioned. might well be me but asking to be sure. thx in advance.

Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast