Community Member

Default Partycrashers, Solo-Elite Max XP: Possible?

This was a little challenge I came up with for myself just to see if it could be done. My previous challenge was a Dhakaan-bane build (for Tear of Dhakaan), which was only moderately difficult compared to Partycrashers. For Partycrashers, I am close, but not quite there. So I thought I would share the challenge with others to see if anyone had different ideas.

Maximum possible experience includes Ransack, Observance, Neutralization, Conquest, and First Time quest bonus, which means no Hirelings. Max experience also means no deaths.

Only coin-based purchases (plat, gold, etc.) or other NPC-based in-game bartering is allowed, such as Collectors. Ship or NPC buffs are allowed. The maximum character level is 7 capped just shy of 9 (not taking level 8), although, this seems a pointless distinction between Level 7 plus 4 ranks. DDO Store or Shard based purchases are not allowed, nor are Daily Dice awards. The character build may be a 32 point build except Drow at 30 points. Common in-game items are also acceptable if it is reasonable to assume such items can be obtained by level 8. For example, +2 Lockpicks are reasonable. Stat or Skill books are not "reasonable" items. Sure, they pop up occasionally, but not enough to expect a toon will get one. In general, the more "raw" a build/solution is the better because anything extra is gravy that allows for build/solution variety.

So far, I have made it all the way through to the end fight without a fight (that is, completed the three assassination options), but cannot go back to the Viceroy's office or the stage because of the traps and guards. I could go around through the front entrance to the Illusionarium after adding my name into the book, but I would still need to activate all 6 runes (I think). I successfully activated 5 runes and suspect I was only short by about 2 Dex (I will explain later why I do not know the exact amount).

Solutions should include general build information - at least enough to demonstrate how each challenge is accomplished. For example, Level 1 Rogue is not sufficient to demonstrate Neutralization bonus can be achieved. Fighting is allowed as an assumed player skill rather than a character build. However, a lot of the fights are tough - so explanations on how an 8 Str & 8 Con toon manages would be appreciated (my build was not too far from this and I will explain each fight's solution).

I am not posting my build/solution at this time because I suspect folks will tend to build off of what I came up with. Not that this is "cheating," but I hope to not add blinders to other creative solutions. Therefore, after some replies to this thread, I will post my build/solution. To demonstrate I am not holding my build just so I can rip from other builds, I start with Str 8, Dex 8 and consists of 3 classes, one of which is Rogue 3.

I would think a rogue mechanic using a light repeater could steamroll it.

My dual-box account is similar to the requirements in the OP: First life, no tomes, not even any bound crafting, though I do gear it up with unbound crafted stuff from my main account.

My level 7 dual-box build is designed specifically for Partycrashers, and my brief test run was a total faceroll. Not sure if it even has any gear that would violate the spirit of the OP. All the crafted stuff is mid-30s level to attempt at worst, and is easily made unbound if you can pay the essences.

Also note that anyone can make their own +5 thieves' tools in the Device Workstation. Non-rogues would need to buy the mechanical trap parts off the auction house, but if you have 4 rogue levels you can farm up your own. Combine any +5 lootgen weapon with 100 mechanical parts for 50 +5 tools.

Even easier, 150 Free Agents favor lets you buy +4 tools from the free agent vendor in the harbor. By level 7 you should have 150 Free Agent favor from just low level F2P quests plus 3BC:

9 Sacrifices
    12 Misery's Peak
    21 Baudry chain in Harbor
    9 Stealthy Repossession
    12 Durk's Got a Secret
    12 Butcher's Path
    9 The Captives
    9 Where There's Smoke
    9 Redfang the Unruled
    12 Swiped Signet
    9 Freshen the Air
    -----

Only 37 more needed from 3BC and you have the 150 needed.

Community Member

Default Nice build

I like the Paladin solution for the Tiefling spot. I had read that works, but did not think to incorporate it.
    Voice/Mantle combo for True Seeing to ID the correct Mark is a stretch. Even though minimum levels are 5, the quests to get those are 9 and 10 respectively. Since they are bound to character on acquire, it would be difficult for a first-life level 7 to get. One could group with higher levels I suppose, but that's where stretching the intent comes in.

Your point about the +4/+5 tools is well noted. I was using +2 tools, so I could redistribute 2 or 3 points to other skills. Or even better - drop the Feat, Skill Focus Disable Device. Good point about crafting items as well. A bit stretchy, but certainly allowable if items can be traded via shared bank. I'm about to trade plat to my toon so I can afford more pots and scrolls for the next attempt. :/

I went with the Mechanic Arbalester enhancement using jump and expeditious retreat.

I have run it a few times through just to get as far as I have. So yes, started with a few face-rolls as well. Even forgot to disable the air traps in the spiked hall with fake marks.

A little luck is acceptable too. After all, on Elite random champions could be a bit of bad luck. So, for example, a disable device of 23 allowing for a fail on a roll of 1 or 2 is reasonable.
    Last edited by Careall; 11-25-2015 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Careall View Post
    Voice/Mantle combo for True Seeing to ID the correct Mark is a stretch. Even though minimum levels are 5, the quests to get those are 9 and 10 respectively. Since they are bound to character on acquire, it would be difficult for a first-life level 7 to get.
    They are guaranteed chain reward drops. Soloing both chains on Casual isn't overly difficult, especially using the build as written with everything except the voice and mantle. Its DPS is essentially one-shot-one-kill. (Of course, each "shot" is actually three.)

However, if part of the rules include only running ANY quest on elite, then agreed. That would be pretty darn tough. To set up my actual alt I just dragged it through elites with an epic paladin from my main account. The worst part was how time consuming the chains are.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Soloing both chains on Casual isn't overly difficult, especially using the build as written with everything except the voice and mantle. Its DPS is essentially one-shot-one-kill. (Of course, each "shot" is actually three.)
    I love those backstabbing great bow shots! Fair enough. I always ran those quests on elite at level (or higher), so they always seemed difficult. I know a number of quests that can be run at lower-than level, so I'll take your word on it: Voice and Mantle reasonably included. That speeds up my approach to solving the false marks at the cost of slowing down the build getting to a state that can attempt it in the first place: A reasonable trade.

My solution: I summoned air mephits (lvl 3 summon) that oh-so-slowly destroyed the marks - even the ones up high since it attacks with cold rays (or something like that). The trick is to step inside the hallway, past the barrier, then summon the mephit. It will attack the marks and I supported with occasional shots from the great bow.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Careall View Post
    So far, I have made it all the way through to the end fight without a fight (that is, completed the three assassination options), but cannot go back to the Viceroy's office or the stage because of the traps and guards. I could go around through the front entrance to the Illusionarium after adding my name into the book, but I would still need to activate all 6 runes (I think). I successfully activated 5 runes and suspect I was only short by about 2 Dex (I will explain later why I do not know the exact amount).
    With enough Jump from items and spells (Competence and Enhancement bonuses) you can get to and from the theatre and the ballroom without going through any traps. I don't know the exact number needed or if you could hit it at seventh level, but it's possible to jump up the platforms in the big hall of illusionary sculptures. A physics change made it a little harder to grab the ledges, but I think it can still be done even if you can't always make the jump to land on your feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Frotz View Post
    With enough Jump from items and spells (Competence and Enhancement bonuses) you can get to and from the theatre and the ballroom without going through any traps. I don't know the exact number needed or if you could hit it at seventh level, but it's possible to jump up the platforms in the big hall of illusionary sculptures. A physics change made it a little harder to grab the ledges, but I think it can still be done even if you can't always make the jump to land on your feet.
    You can probably hit 40 thanks to the 30-minute favor buffs:

+20 from 75 House Phiarlan favor (Tangleroot helps for this, even if only partially completed)
    +7 item (reasonable; I get it from Mire set, but +7 by ML7 isn't too much of a stretch)
    +2 heroism (pot)
    ---
    +29

That leaves 11 to cobble together from strength mod and skill ranks. 10 if you also have Voice of the Master.