Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Do You Have Questions For Executive Producer Severlin

DDO Players is excited to announce that we will have the opportunity to set down with Executive Producer Severlin (Via Skype) on Friday afternoon for a short interview!

We would like to know if there are any questions that you would like us to ask him. We can't guarantee that we will get to ask all of them, or even if he can/will answer them. But we will try!

So if you have a burning question you would like answered, leave a comment and we will try and ask!

We will be releasing this as special on our Podcast/YouTube Feeds.
    Last edited by Draculetta; 11-19-2015 at 12:04 PM.
    "Denn Die Toten Reiten Schnell"
    "For The Dead Travel Fast"

Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter

Default My question

Quote Originally Posted by Draculetta View Post
    DDO Players is excited to announce that we will have the opportunity to sent down with Executive Producer Severlin (Via Skype) on Friday afternoon for a short interview!

We would like to know if there are any questions that you would like us to ask him. We can't guarantee that we will get to ask all of them, or even if he can/will answer them. But we will try!

So if you have a burning question you would like answered, leave a comment and we will try and ask!

We will be releasing this as special on our Podcast/YouTube Feeds.
    In the future, will Gnome Artificers be available in-game, and will they be a viable build?

Ask him if he simply plans on deleting the Thunderholme raids from the game.

Does he regret the clunky bravery implementation? Sev rejected an elegant alternative based on the idea that Sev's (clunky) solution lets people run normal with streak suppressed, then repeat that same quest on elite for bravery. But of course, as pointed out to him, that's not how his clunky implementation works. You get no bravery on first time elite if you already ran the quest (with streak suppressed) on normal. So his solution solved no problems while introducing more clunkiness. Now, in hindsight, does he regret dismissing the more elegant alternative and forcing his poor implementation through?

The more elegant proposal was to do away with bravery, replacing it with an "Explorer" bonus that simply doubles the first time bonus the first time you ever run a quest. Same xp as bravery, easier to understand, no clunky NPC to run to to suppress your streak. Just a win all around. The final proposal of this idea even included a way to keep the streak numbers that some people apparently like.

what are sev's plans for the elemental forms?

will the 10% cost stay?

Community Manager

I can already answer these two:

Quote Originally Posted by Livmo View Post
    In the future, will Gnome Artificers be available in-game, and will they be a viable build?
    Yes and yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Basura_Grande View Post
    Ask him if he simply plans on deleting the Thunderholme raids from the game.
    No.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Treasure Hunter

Default Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post

Yes and yes.

No.
    Woot!

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post

Yes and yes.

No.
    AAyyyyyeeee! That smells like Arti Pass confirmed for SOON!™

*HYPE!*

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    The more elegant proposal was to do away with bravery, replacing it with an "Explorer" bonus that simply doubles the first time bonus the first time you ever run a quest. Same xp as bravery, easier to understand, no clunky NPC to run to to suppress your streak. Just a win all around. The final proposal of this idea even included a way to keep the streak numbers that some people apparently like.
    This is a great idea!

Community Member

I've mentioned a time or two in various places before, but would be interested in hearing Sevs thoughts on giving mob healers the ability to raise dead mobs.

Thoughts on the upcoming birthday parties?

What classes and at what order on on the list for passes/upgrades?

Is there any thoughts on doing a race pass (some of the race trees need some love - looking at you WF)

Any plans on a marketing push - more people better

What are the next big plans for after Eshroud?
    Sarlona - Guildmaster - Brotherhood of Redemption - ddoborguild.com - 2016 & 2017 Players Council --- Alts: Acetylene, Antimematter, CNG, Dilithium Crystal, EMF, EMPulse, Exothermic, Geothermal, Hexane, Hexyne, Hydropower, JA, Kerosene, LPG, Natural Gas, Nuclearpower, Propane, Solarpannel, Tidalpower, WASOB, Waulter, Windpower, Woodpile

Quote Originally Posted by Propane View Post

Any plans on a marketing push - more people better
    I read this question and I start to feel a sickly feeling inside. I agree with you - more people is better.

But since you have been here from the beginning, I think a more interesting question is - Any plans to undo all of the painful mistakes to the game to bring back the playerbase that left in droves? I long for the days of Mr.Cow.

I would love a reason to reloiad the game and I would gladly pay you to undelete my main, but no. I cannot even think of a metaphor that describes the trajectory of this game since MoTU.

Quote Originally Posted by Propane View Post
    Is there any thoughts on doing a race pass (some of the race trees need some love - looking at you WF)
    Oh my goodness, this.

Human is better than almost anything else for most melee builds or any kind (IMHO). You have to pay for half orc, shouldn't it be just as viable?
    LuKaSu's DDO Wishlist.
    SSG, Thanks for a super-fun game!

Treasure Hunter

Default Hats

Will we ever see cosmetic Tinfoil hats in-game?

Quote Originally Posted by virtualgib View Post
    I've mentioned a time or two in various places before, but would be interested in hearing Sevs thoughts on giving mob healers the ability to raise dead mobs.
    Loved this! Am now confident we will see something like this as a one off trial someday

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Draculetta View Post
    We would like to know if there are any questions that you would like us to ask him.
    Are there any plans to, or any chance of, restoring Astral Shard drops to the daily silver rolls?