Default Best crafted shuriken option for devil(s)???

Hey all,
    I am looking at crafting a DR breaker for my shuriken thrower build and I want to be sure I do this right.

I want the weapon specifically for Abishai but would like it to be more broadly useful against all devils (and possibly other mobs).

I am planning a +5 Holy burst of Evil Outsider Bane but my uncertainty lays with the base shuriken material type.

I have both a silver and a flametouched iron shuriken available to craft on and would like some thoughts on which would be better to use.

Thanks.

Silver - by itself - will not break Abishai DR. If you are looking to break the most DR I would go with Flametouched Iron.

Ed - since you are planning on Holy anyway, that makes the silver better but flametouched iron would let you go with another prefix. I believe the best all around devil/demon DR breaker would be the flametouched iron with +5, metalline, greater evil outsider bane. Per the Cannith Crafting planner:

Highest Arcane shard level is 70
    Highest Divine shard level is 100
    Highest Any shard level is 60

Total Item Potential Required: 11 (Min Level on item will be 18)

You will have to make:
    Shard of [+5] Enhancement Bonus
    Shard of Greater Evil Outsider Bane
    Shard of Metalline
    Shard of Potential (+6 Maximum Enhancement)
    Shard of Potential (+7 Maximum Enhancement)
    Shard of Potential (+8 Maximum Enhancement)
    Shard of Potential (+9 Maximum Enhancement)
    Shard of Potential (+10 Maximum Enhancement)
    Shard of Potential (+11 Maximum Enhancement)

Total Required Ingredients:
    15 Greater Arcane Essence
    70 Lesser Arcane Essence
    25 Siberys
    1 +5 Spirit
    21 Greater Good Essence
    70 Lesser Good Essence
    7 Purified Eberron Dragonshard Fragments
    1 Demons Blood
    1 Large Devil Scales
    21 Greater Chaos Essence
    70 Lesser Chaos Essence
    3 Blessed Candle
    1025 Lesser Any Essence (or Crude Vials)

Total Greater Essences: 304 (247 broken down to Lessers)
    Last edited by Trillea; 11-16-2015 at 12:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Philam View Post
    I nominate you as head developer of DDO!
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    That tears it. I need to get a donkey.
    Concentrated power is the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

I had not considered metalline...

I am not quite able to craft a metalline shard but with a little effort I can get there.

Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithis View Post
    Hey all,
    I am looking at crafting a DR breaker for my shuriken thrower build and I want to be sure I do this right.

I want the weapon specifically for Abishai but would like it to be more broadly useful against all devils (and possibly other mobs).

I am planning a +5 Holy burst of Evil Outsider Bane but my uncertainty lays with the base shuriken material type.

I have both a silver and a flametouched iron shuriken available to craft on and would like some thoughts on which would be better to use.

Thanks.
    If a metal DR is needed for Devil's it will usually be Silver that is needed.

Things known about Devils; Silver and Good generally covers DR. Also they are Lawful and Evil

Flametouched Iron gives you the ability to bypass Good DR.

Abishai only need to bypass Good DR. For general Devil DR breaking you want Silver + Good

So crafting a Silver Holy+Greater [Evil/Lawful] Outsider

Now personally I would go with the Lawful Outsider Bane over Evil as it would cover Archons and Inevitable as well.

Hey all,

Thanks.

I like +X Holy (burst) Silver or cold iron [weapons]of (greater) Evil outsider bane with a red slot to add silver or cold iron, whatever is needed,so it covers both devil and demons. the burst/ greater bane version is ml 20 afaik.

If you are going metalline, than adamantine I think would be better as I am almost betting it is of a higher hardness and durability. Thing is...you can't craft throwing weapons....you are going to have to make wraps, or bow if you took zen archery.
    Last edited by Enderoc; 11-22-2015 at 10:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Enderoc View Post
    If you are going metalline, than adamantine I think would be better as I am almost betting it is of a higher hardness and durability.
    Metalline doesn't bypass good; that's what the flametouched iron is for.

Thing is...you can't craft throwing weapons....
    Yes you can.

I would definitely make:

+5 Metalline Flametouched Iron of Greater Evil Outsider Bane

Works great on devils, demons, and even xoriat demons, which are evil outsiders with DR/Byeshk.

Then an optional archon beater:

+5 Unholy Cold Iron of Greater Chaotic Outsider Bane

This one is only +10 enchantment level, sadly, meaning it's only paragon (1.5[W]) instead of epic (2[W]). To get it up to epic, look for any red slot shuriken to craft, the slot cold iron in the red. That gets you up to +12.

Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter

Default High Level Stuffs

Hey all,

Thanks.
    I haven't tried TF Shuriken yet, but for high level stuff I like to make Thunderforgered weapon and slot of Ruby of Good into it. I do this so I can cast a weapon buff like Deadly Weapons and still have the DR breaking. TF weapons come with Cold Iron and Silver already on them.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Livmo View Post
    I haven't tried TF Shuriken yet, but for high level stuff I like to make Thunderforgered weapon and slot of Ruby of Good into it. I do this so I can cast a weapon buff like Deadly Weapons and still have the DR breaking. TF weapons come with Cold Iron and Silver already on them.

This must be used by Dwarves. Who else would call a crossbow (read the item description) a shuriken.

Quote Originally Posted by Trillea View Post
    Silver - by itself - will not break Abishai DR. If you are looking to break the most DR I would go with Flametouched Iron.

Flametouched iron is bad advice against devils. Flametouched iron has the good property, so breaks DR /good.

Weak devils have DR /good or silver, powerful devils have DR /good AND silver.

So for weak devils you need a weapon with either good or silver, for powerful weapon you need both.

The best weapon you can craft for use against devils is a holy burst silver weapon of greater evil outsider bane.

Hey all,

Thanks.
    Best dips vs devils inch bosses holy burst of glob. Breaks good and silver.

Most versatile flame touch metallise of glob. Pretty much all evil outsiders.
    Milacias of Kyber

Leader of the Crimson Eagles Kyber

The Myth- TR will make my character powerful
    The Reality- Those kobolds in Water Works won’t have a chance but nothing else cares-Learn to play your build and all its abilities in actual difficult content, get gear and reaper points in level 30+ content and raids.

What I made is:

Cold Iron blank with red slot, add Holy Burst +5 GEOB slot vampire augment and add stone of change force or force crit ritual

Breaks DR/ Cold Iron, Silver, Good, Magic = useful against Devils and Daemons. ml20
    G-land, Balistas Magicas, Bashukar Bloodaxe, Kobur Curse of Dragon, Necromatix

Quote Originally Posted by RD2play View Post
    What I made is:

Cold Iron blank with red slot, add Holy Burst +5 GEOB slot vampire augment and add stone of change force or force crit ritual

Breaks DR/ Cold Iron, Silver, Good, Magic = useful against Devils and Daemons. ml20
    That's an excellent weapon.

The only thing that would bug me is that it wouldn't break Xoriat Render DR in the madness quests or HoX.

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    That's an excellent weapon.

The only thing that would bug me is that it wouldn't break Xoriat Render DR in the madness quests or HoX.
    True, for those I would make a Byersk/flametouched axio burst +5 GCOB and slot Good/byersk, axio breaks lawful DR so it will be good against the hounds and mindflayers. or also possible is Byersk Holy (B) +5 GCOB and slot lawful the 2nd option is more generally useful because of the holy dmg vs the axio dmg in the first one. I try to keep this weapon 14/16 for heroics because that's where you will encounter them.
    G-land, Balistas Magicas, Bashukar Bloodaxe, Kobur Curse of Dragon, Necromatix