Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default New Store Launches Today

In addition to today's game patch, today’s down time will allow us to open the new DDO Store. You can find out more about the store design and features by clicking here. To celebrate the new Store we'll also be offering a coupon for some free gifts, click here to learn more!

Here are some extra details about how your transactions will be handled in the new Store:
    • Xsolla, our new partner, will host the storefront and will be sending receipts for all transactions
    • Turbine will continue to process credit card payments just like in the old store
    • Emergent, our other new partner, handles processing for all alternative payment methods such as Sofort Banking and Paysafecards
    • As always your personal information is kept confidential and meets all PCI reporting standards across all 3 companies

As a reminder:
    • The "bookmarks" feature has become the "favorites" feature. You can add any item to your favorites by clicking the Star next to the item description. You can access your favorites list by clicking the star icon in the upper right corner of the Store. Unfortunately the old "bookmarks" were not able to be carried over from the previous eStore.
    • Also note that some purchase history from the old Store may not yet appear in your "History" page. We were able to keep that history and will be importing it into the new Store soon for you.
    • The "filter for character" option is not yet available in the new Store. However, any item that your character is not qualified for due to race/class/level restrictions will be visible, but with a small "Attention" alert above the item price to indicate that the item might not be appropriate for that particular character, though you are still able to buy the item. This also means that any items currently unavailable due to active VIP status are not visible at all (in the previous Store you could not purchase them, but could still view the item).

KNOWN ISSUES:

1. We're investigating an issue where the Store is sometimes not placing the item in inventory after applying coupons/making a purchase. Logging out and back in will cause the item to show up in inventory.
    2. Temporarily, the Menace of the Underdark and Shadowfell Conspiracy bundles are unavailable in the DDO Store. It is still possible to purchase the Expansions in the DDO Market.
    3. While running DDO through Steam, you can’t currently update your credit card information through the new store. Instead, please update your credit card in Steam directly, designate it, and then make purchases.
    4. The "Heroic Learning Tome Upgrade" may not display in the Store for some characters.

Thanks for playing DDO, and we'll post the coupon for the free hearts later today!
    Last edited by Cordovan; 10-23-2015 at 05:11 PM. Reason: fixed link

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    In addition to today's game patch, today’s down time will allow us to open the new DDO Store. You can find out more about the store design and features by clicking here. To celebrate the new Store we'll also be offering a coupon for some free gifts, so we'll post that coupon announcement later today before the worlds open (spoiler alert, it involves two free +5 hearts of wood). . .

Here are some extra details about how your transactions will be handled in the new Store:
    • Xsolla, our new partner, will host the storefront and will be sending receipts for all transactions
    • Turbine will continue to process credit card payments just like in the old store
    • Emergent, our other new partner, handles processing for all alternative payment methods such as Sofort Banking and Paysafecards
    • As always your personal information is kept confidential and meets all PCI reporting standards across all 3 companies

As a reminder:
    • The "bookmarks" feature has become the "favorites" feature. You can add any item to your favorites by clicking the Star next to the item description. You can access your favorites list by clicking the star icon in the upper right corner of the Store. Unfortunately the old "bookmarks" were not able to be carried over from the previous eStore.
    • Also note that some purchase history from the old Store may not yet appear in your "History" page. We were able to keep that history and will be importing it into the new Store soon for you.
    • The "filter for character" option is not yet available in the new Store. However, any item that your character is not qualified for due to race/class/level restrictions will be visible, but with a small "Attention" alert above the item price to indicate that the item might not be appropriate for that particular character, though you are still able to buy the item. This also means that any items currently unavailable due to active VIP status are not visible at all (in the previous Store you could not purchase them, but could still view the item).

KNOWN ISSUES:

1. While running DDO through Steam, you can’t currently update your credit card information through the new store. Instead, please update your credit card in Steam directly, designate it, and then make purchases.
    2. The "Heroic Learning Tome Upgrade" may not display in the Store for some characters.

Thanks for playing DDO, and we'll post the coupon for the free hearts later today!
    I'm scared....

maybe finaly we can use our steam wallet for buy things.

Proudly Member of DDO:EU Community, Member of legendary ex-guild: Disorganized Chaos,
    the Crabslayer, always high Dwarf from Mountains of Immerth

Free gifts, you say? I like free gifts, but if the hearts are not the only free gifts, then what are the other free gifts?

Community Member

The important question is how many awesomium processes will it run?

Quote Originally Posted by jalont View Post
    The important question is how many awesomium processes will it run?
    As the tabs are gone I would hope we are down to one. Many browsers open a new process for each tab.
    Main Characters Adarshae, Adenasenka, Nimithar Pyri and of Argonnessen
    Projects of Interest:
    ADARDDO

Community Member

It looks awesome!!! and I will be very happy not to have to use the back button.

Quote Originally Posted by patang01 View Post
    I'm scared....
    Get a dog.
    Steve Howe was voted "Best Overall Guitarist" in Guitar Player magazine five years in a row (1977–1981) and in 1981 was the first rock guitar player inducted into the Guitar Player Hall of Fame.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by rygard View Post
    maybe finaly we can use our steam wallet for buy things.
    Finally? I just used my Steam wallet last week for a store purchase. I fact it even directed me to Steam then to PayPal to put the funds in the Steam Wallet to cover the purchase.

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

Yes, I am very skeptical.
    ----------------------------

Xsolla

http://xsolla.com/

In which countries do you operate? We work around the world. The company has offices in the US, Korea and Russia.

Russia? Yikes. I specifically try to avoid Russia because of the criminal activity.

How is your fraud prevention? Fraud you shall not pass! We have a special department within which combats fraud using only our most powerful software system for protection against fraud in games. You're secure, don't worry.

Whenever I see a company just say, "Don't worry, you are secure." Guess what? You aren't.

-----------------------------------

http://www.emergentpayments.net/

http://www.emergentpayments.net/docu...-payment-fraud

Emergent I have a better feeling for.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_Howe View Post
    Get a dog.
    I agree. I love my arty dog. I named him Buddy. We're a team

Community Member

In which countries do you operate? We work around the world. The company has offices in the US, Korea and Russia.

Russia? Yikes. I specifically try to avoid Russia because of the criminal activity.
    I don't think this is fair whatsoever. Most companies, including Turbine, do business in Russia, and most major companies have a Russian office.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by jalont View Post
    I don't think this is fair whatsoever. Most companies, including Turbine, do business in Russia, and most major companies have a Russian office.
    Pretty safe guess he doesn't play World of Tanks.

Community Member

Anyone else having any issues with the store window being completely blank? I can't get it to show anything right now.

EDIT: Please tell me you're not running the store directly from Russian servers...that would basically mean based on the aggressive firewalls I run I'd never be making another Turbine purchase again...and not by choice.
    Last edited by Darkrok; 10-22-2015 at 01:45 PM.
    Tajawuka 20 Bladeforged Paladin running divine ETR's (3 ranger/monk/fighter pl's, 3 martial epl's) - Toolbots working on Morninglord Cleric life #2 (3 wizard/sorc/druid pl) - Evisra 28 rogue

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrok View Post
    Anyone else having any issues with the store window being completely blank? I can't get it to show anything right now.

EDIT: Please tell me you're not running the store directly from Russian servers...that would basically mean based on the aggressive firewalls I run I'd never be making another Turbine purchase again...and not by choice.
    Was this a temporary thing, or does this still not display for you?
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Was this a temporary thing, or does this still not display for you?
    Let me switch back to my primary internet connection that has country-based IP blocking. I switched to an alternate internet service to test out my theory that the issue was due to the IP being blocked and was able to view the store but I'm not sure if my normal internet service will work correctly - I'll update this once I've tested it back on the primary internet.
    Tajawuka 20 Bladeforged Paladin running divine ETR's (3 ranger/monk/fighter pl's, 3 martial epl's) - Toolbots working on Morninglord Cleric life #2 (3 wizard/sorc/druid pl) - Evisra 28 rogue

Community Member

Confirmed that it's related to the internet connection in use and most likely due to country-based IP blocks. In what country is the store's web application hosted?

This abomination looks like its copied from p2w adroid game store.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvado View Post
    Pretty safe guess he doesn't play World of Tanks.
    AFAIK WoT is Belarus not Russia.
    There are 2 different countries, but most of people outside Europe can't list European countires (like most of people in Europe don't care for how many states are in USA).
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

I'm finding the new store to be much, much slower than the old one. 10x slower to load, then 10x slower response after clicking any buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    I'm finding the new store to be much, much slower than the old one. 10x slower to load, then 10x slower response after clicking any buttons.
    well right now i guess everyone is accessing it at once... aside from the population of khyber, that is... anyhow, wold be unfair to compair performance right now to performance of the old store a couple days ago.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast