Quote Originally Posted by LevelJ View Post
Agreeing completely with the OP. I normally enjoy the majority of content released on DDO, and I appreciate the detailed work the devs put into content, but honestly, I was sorely disappointed with this event in my run-through of it.
In past events, we built up materials to access a major event, one that just felt epic. Now we've thrown out the unlock mechanism and gone with something that, frankly, only seems to favor soloing. The community aspect was something I sincerely enjoyed in the Spectral Dragon fight, and its mechanics managed to somehow encourage coordination even with such a large group of people. That was awesome. Again, I'm not trying to turn this new unlock thing into the spectral dragon fight exactly, but I really wish it could be much closer to that.
As it currently stands, would I run it? In general, no. I will go through it to get my Palemaster the augment, only because endgame dictates we grab every source of DC boost we can get our hands on, but after that I may call it. Please understand that I love and enjoy DDO a lot, and I really would like to see it succeed, so this is not out of bitterness by any means. It is simply because don't find it enjoyable to run revamped and dummed down versions of quests that I traditionally run (or even farm) every life. Regardless of what could replace them, I participate in these events for a change from the normal grind of leveling, raiding, and item-farming. I would really like to see something unique, and something entertaining or challenging.
Pretty much my take on it as well. I really enjoyed Mabar, lag and all. It was unique, and while the Dragon fight could be frustrating at times from a coordination point of view, it was seldom boring.

As far as this event goes - from what I've been able to see so far on Lammania, it's not going to be something I spend much time in other than to maybe grab a couple of the augments (and I might not even bother with those - challenges just aren't my thing).