Community Member

Default Returning Player seeking build help

Hi All i havent played in a while and considering returning to at least play all free packs first

I want a character that can self heal but know nothing about vampires in ddo
    Someone who can pick locks/chests and disable traps but can go toe to toe with at least 3 mobs at once self healing if hurt seriously mostly melee but occassionally can use bow to get mobs out of range or high up on walls.

I need someone who is good right at gate and will get better as game progresses. Dont need info on equip just how to lvl him each level starting from 1 and what feats to pick etc..thanx I will be monitoring this post...

*Edited Addition* Forgot to mention wont use any spells other than spell or something for healing or something to drop aggro invis or something if i pull too many mobs and not using any pots that arent dropped from mobs and not buying anything from ddo store relying on myself for most of the play as I solo alot i also like dual weilding for more damage
    Last edited by CrazyDoc; 04-29-2015 at 09:35 AM.

Three options come to mind, though no doubt there are more:

Tempest Warpriest

Tempest Trapmonkey

Bard Trapper

In terms of melee strength, I think the bard trapper does the most damage. Note that unlike the tempests, the bard would use a thrower for range dps.

There are other builds linked in my signature as well as unbongwah's signature (via the Tempest Warpriest thread) that you might take a look at.

Community Member

Default dont need rangd dps but

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyDoc View Post
    Hi All i havent played in a while and considering returning to at least play all free packs first

I want a character that can self heal but know nothing about vampires in ddo
    Someone who can pick locks/chests and disable traps but can go toe to toe with at least 3 mobs at once self healing if hurt seriously mostly melee but occassionally can use bow to get mobs out of range or high up on walls.

I need someone who is good right at gate and will get better as game progresses. Dont need info on equip just how to lvl him each level starting from 1 and what feats to pick etc..thanx I will be monitoring this post...

*Edited Addition* Forgot to mention wont use any spells other than spell or something for healing or something to drop aggro invis or something if i pull too many mobs and not using any pots that arent dropped from mobs and not buying anything from ddo store relying on myself for most of the play as I solo alot i also like dual weilding for more damage
    I dont really need a bow or spell just something to pull a monster from a wall down to melee range

1st welcome back!
    2nd have fun storming the castles!
    3rd Pally - just toss in a couple levels of rogue... or better yet - Arty (if you own it). Just make sure your first level is rogue and you have decent trapping gear.

4th - nothing wrong with pulling out a bow or GXB or returner and whacking those pesky climbing mobs!

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyDoc View Post
    I dont really need a bow or spell just something to pull a monster from a wall down to melee range
    Rule of thumb is that if you have any ranger levels, use a longbow. Otherwise, use a thrower.

The reason is that longbows get no damage bonus from any ability mod unless you have the Bow Strength feat, which grants strength modifier as a damage bonus. Rangers get this feat for free at level 1.

Unlike longbows, all throwers get strength mod to damage.