Thread: Weapon crafting

Community Member

Default Weapon crafting

What would be the best element for a ranged/melee weapons? electric look good but i think acid is the best choice, most of mobs no got any acid resist in game

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Polario View Post
    What would be the best element for a ranged/melee weapons? electric look good but i think acid is the best choice, most of mobs no got any acid resist in game
    Acid is good I think, but if it's something my opinion this craft is not worth, you invest a lot of time and you get nothing exceptional, the thunderforge is better way for get a great weapon and there is a lot weapons very good in the game and more easy to get.

I actually often choose a good alignment (typically chaotic good) so I can use Screaming of Pure Good.

Quote Originally Posted by Polario View Post
    DDO has a dozen crafting systems (http://ddowiki.com/page/Crafting).

If you meant the new system of ToEE, which is rather an upgrade system like Unraveling Enchantments or Cauldron of Sora Katra then I would go for acid or cold. However the amount of ingredients and time to upgrade those is insane.

If you want a crafting system that covers really all bases your only choice is Cannith crafting but it takes a fair amount of time and uncrafted items to get into decent levels. On the other hand as we not loose progress after reincarnation you can create some times items and as UurlockYgmeov already suggested bleed and scream aren't bad and quite low in level.
    * We have collectable bags, mind you, even hireling folders, but can I have that 6-pack for my potions please?
    * Having already a past life on the dieng EU servers, I rerolled here and started from scratch as I like the game and the community, so lets see what awaits me here

Default Overgrown workbench

I'm assuming that you're referring to ToEE crafting
    http://ddowiki.com/page/ToEE_Crafting

Personally, the mods for weapons are so lackluster unless you're some kind of flavor caster build (and even then, I think any caster using these weapons would only increase their DPS during long boss fights with other casters using the same element...for trash mobs, you kill them faster just using spells and not spending minutes trying to build a stack of vulnerability) that I see almost no point in crafting them.

That said, if you're dead set on having a ToEE ranged weapon, I'd agree acid is probably a good route.

Current endgame has a lot of cold immune (undead), and next update (epic vale?) is likely to have a lot of fire immune.

Re: lightning, there are so many good ranged lightning weapons to craft or acquire that I'd personally build an acid ToEE weapon just for variety.

Good luck!
    Character Compendium