Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Member

Default Quick Positive Energy Aura Question

What in game things will help boost this amount this proc's for? I know heal amp and empowered healing metamagic feat. I tried Maximize and it appears not to work, does empower work? Any thing that would boost would be appreciated. Thanks

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Max & Emp don't affect PE aura just like they don't affect Heal / Mass Heal spells. Caster lvl / MCL bonuses should apply (i.e., Intense / Incredible Healing); so should any Pos Spellpower bonuses, inc. Heal skill.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by JuiJitsu View Post
    What in game things will help boost this amount this proc's for? I know heal amp and empowered healing metamagic feat. I tried Maximize and it appears not to work, does empower work? Any thing that would boost would be appreciated. Thanks
    If you put the ability on your Hotbar and Right Click to bring up the Metamagic setting list you will see only Empower Heal works in that regard.

The other ways to boost this is by raising your Cleric Level that is divisible by three as the base healing is 1 HP per 3 Cleric Levels. I believe the Radiant Servant Enhancements as well as Divine Epic Destines that Raise Divine Class Levels will contribute to more healing.

The Heal Skill - Each Rank in Heal Skill contributes to the Positive Spell Power

Things that raise Positive Spell Power - such as devotion items and ardor boost items.

Also anything that increase Critical for Positive Spell Power be it raising the Critical Amount or how often will also increase the overall amount by increasing the spikes or how often those spikes occur.

The only metamagic that buffs it is Empower Healing Spell.

Other than that, just positive spell power for the person creating the aura, and healing amp for everyone receiving it.

EDIT: And caster level, as pointed out in the previous post. I believe the formula is caster level / 3, meaning you want a multiple of 3. So let's say you're a pure cleric in exalted angel, for a total of 25 caster levels. If you take one level of CL/MCL (radiant servant enhancements), you'll be at 26, which is the same as 24 or 25. Get a second boost to get you to 27 and now you'll see an improvement.

EDIT 2: And really, Enoach said it all. This post of mine adds no value at all.

Community Member

Thank you so very much everyone thats exactly the info I needed! cheers!

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

One other thing others didn't mention is healing lore items apply to your aura as well and will make it crit more often.

Indeed the fact that 'incredible healing' enhancements works both with burst and aura was a wonderful assist in climbing up the tree. I really dislike the 'filler' enhancements here.
    Bought my first dungeon master's guide in 1992. My favourite part of ddo is coffee and slayers