Community Member

Default Quick Positive Energy Aura Question

What in game things will help boost this amount this proc's for? I know heal amp and empowered healing metamagic feat. I tried Maximize and it appears not to work, does empower work? Any thing that would boost would be appreciated. Thanks

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Max & Emp don't affect PE aura just like they don't affect Heal / Mass Heal spells. Caster lvl / MCL bonuses should apply (i.e., Intense / Incredible Healing); so should any Pos Spellpower bonuses, inc. Heal skill.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by JuiJitsu View Post
    What in game things will help boost this amount this proc's for? I know heal amp and empowered healing metamagic feat. I tried Maximize and it appears not to work, does empower work? Any thing that would boost would be appreciated. Thanks
    If you put the ability on your Hotbar and Right Click to bring up the Metamagic setting list you will see only Empower Heal works in that regard.

The other ways to boost this is by raising your Cleric Level that is divisible by three as the base healing is 1 HP per 3 Cleric Levels. I believe the Radiant Servant Enhancements as well as Divine Epic Destines that Raise Divine Class Levels will contribute to more healing.

The Heal Skill - Each Rank in Heal Skill contributes to the Positive Spell Power

Things that raise Positive Spell Power - such as devotion items and ardor boost items.

Also anything that increase Critical for Positive Spell Power be it raising the Critical Amount or how often will also increase the overall amount by increasing the spikes or how often those spikes occur.

The only metamagic that buffs it is Empower Healing Spell.

Other than that, just positive spell power for the person creating the aura, and healing amp for everyone receiving it.

EDIT: And caster level, as pointed out in the previous post. I believe the formula is caster level / 3, meaning you want a multiple of 3. So let's say you're a pure cleric in exalted angel, for a total of 25 caster levels. If you take one level of CL/MCL (radiant servant enhancements), you'll be at 26, which is the same as 24 or 25. Get a second boost to get you to 27 and now you'll see an improvement.

EDIT 2: And really, Enoach said it all. This post of mine adds no value at all.

Community Member

Thank you so very much everyone thats exactly the info I needed! cheers!

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

One other thing others didn't mention is healing lore items apply to your aura as well and will make it crit more often.

Indeed the fact that 'incredible healing' enhancements works both with burst and aura was a wonderful assist in climbing up the tree. I really dislike the 'filler' enhancements here.
    Bought my first dungeon master's guide in 1992. My favourite part of ddo is coffee and slayers

Community Member KomradKillMachine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kmoustakas View Post
    Indeed the fact that 'incredible healing' enhancements works both with burst and aura was a wonderful assist in climbing up the tree. I really dislike the 'filler' enhancements here.
    Necro Bump.

Positive Energy Aura should have been a core4 (lvl 12) enhancement, not a Tier5.
    Just like Positive Energy Burst is a core3 enhancement (lvl6).

As a matter of fact, Positive Energy Aura was a lvl 12 ability before the enhancement crash circa U19.

A couple of pearls in addition to the previously mentioned above items on how to maximize your positive energy aura

• positive spell power
    • heal skill
    • positive spell critical chance
    • scion of celestia: positive spell critical damage
    • scion of fire: universal spell critical damage
    • insight positive spell power
    • pacifism: you may click this on to get +25 positive spell power and +3% positive spell critical chance, cast your aura, and then unclick it to not bork the rest of your spells, but the positive impact will stay throughout your aura's duration
    • empower healing feat
    • cleric level advancement
    • using wellspring of power and then casting positve aura
    • alchemical potions that contribute to positive spell power
    • Increasing your wisdom which will increase your heal skill

Quote Originally Posted by KomradKillMachine View Post
    Necro Bump.

Positive Energy Aura should have been a core4 (lvl 12) enhancement, not a Tier5.
    Just like Positive Energy Burst is a core3 enhancement (lvl6).

As a matter of fact, Positive Energy Aura was a lvl 12 ability before the enhancement crash circa U19.

Meh,

Both should be lower in the tree to be accessible for divines capping in other enhancement tree's.
    Its a core function of Divines to have access to reliable healing.. and to be able to dip into other Tree`s to get it.

These should be low hanging fruit.. Tier 2, Tier 3 respectively with boosters from core and Tier 4/5 to empower them even more.
    They are already limited by cleric levels.
    Its just unfortunate that they are the best Divines have access to.

The cleric is lacking aura regen and aura temp HP(mirror Warlock to prevent double dipping)

I would like to see the Radiant Servant tree to be more like the Enightened Spirit tree from Warlock.....
    with focus on positive and light spell powers, along with some crit modifiers..
    Argo: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Jotmon (HC 34/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 12/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 116/158)
    Jotlock (HC 38/45 , RC 25/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 75/158)
    Whatthetruck (HC 38/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 111/158)

Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    Meh,

Both should be lower in the tree to be accessible for divines capping in other enhancement tree's.
    Its a core function of Divines to have access to reliable healing.. and to be able to dip into other Tree`s to get it.

These should be low hanging fruit.. Tier 2, Tier 3 respectively with boosters from core and Tier 4/5 to empower them even more.
    They are already limited by cleric levels.
    Its just unfortunate that they are the best Divines have access to.

The cleric is lacking aura regen and aura temp HP(mirror Warlock to prevent double dipping)

I would like to see the Radiant Servant tree to be more like the Enightened Spirit tree from Warlock.....
    Your ideas are better all around. But I have no faith in devs to implement them correctly

That's why I suggested something simpler. Obviously it would hurt 5clr splashes but boost 12clr splash or pure os as well.

Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    Let me direct your attention to...

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post5862786

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    I disagree: I think the aura should be moved back into the RS cores and function similar to ES auras, in that each core reduces the proc rate and boosts the healing oomph from RS aura. E.g.:
    • Lvl 1: Pacifism: Defensive Combat Stance: You gain 10 Positive Energy Spell Power and 1% Positive Energy Spell Critical Chance for every Radiant Servant core ability you possess. (60 second cooldown) [Eliminate penalties, but as a combat stance, it can't be active simultaneously with Power Attack et al, so that's the downside to using it. The long CD is simply to prevent people from toggling too quickly between stances in combat; you have to use it more strategically than that.]
    • Lvl 3: Positive Energy Aura: A positive energy aura envelops you in an aura of healing, positive energy, and affects a number of targets equal to Cleric level. Allies within the aura are healed 1 hit point per 3 Cleric levels as long as they remain within it. Undead enemies are damaged for the same amount. This aura applies once every six seconds.
    • Lvl 6: Your Positive Energy Aura applies once every five seconds. You also gain Positive Energy Burst.
    • Lvl 12: Your Positive Energy Aura applies once every four seconds and now grants a Sacred bonus to Temporary Hitpoints equal to your Charisma score to all affected allies.
    • Lvl 18: Your Positive Energy Aura applies once every three seconds. Your Positive Energy Aura and Positive Energy Burst are now scaled by 125% Positive Energy Spellpower.
    • Lvl 20: Your Positive Energy Aura applies once every two seconds, its effect is increased to 1 hit point per 2 Cleric levels, and now grants a Sacred bonus to Temporary Hitpoints equal to twice your Charisma score to all affected allies. Your Positive Energy Burst now removes all negative levels and ability damage, as well as applying Remove Blindness, Remove Curse, Remove Disease, Remove Fear, Remove Paralysis, and Neutralize Poison to all affected allies.

Alternatively, move some of those perks into the tiered Enhancements. Basically, any cleric 3+ build can pick up PEA to provide a bit of passive AoE healing while being able to focus their APs elsewhere; but since it's still tied to your cleric caster level, you're not going to see a lot of cleric 3 / <???> 17 builds running around, especially when you consider how strong the lvl 18/20 cores in other classes have become. The "serious" healers will still want to go all-in on RS for max healing benefits, if we presume full-time raid healers are a thing again, of course...

'Cause that's basically my Christmas list for clerics.
    Hart o Gold Hart o Song
    14 RaS , 6 SaD Guildmaster
    Heroes of Gallifrey | Sarlona
    14 KoTC, 5 DWS 1 Ftr

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt_Hart View Post
    Let me direct your attention to...

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post5862786

'Cause that's basically my Christmas list for clerics.
    That's hawt!!!

Some other things I noticed that may have not been specifically noted:
    Improved Turning
    Mental Toughness
    Improved Mental Toughness
    Self Sufficient
    Skill focus - heal
    Jorasco dragonmark of healing
    Initiate of the faith
    Soldier of the faith
    Completionest
    scion of celestia
    power over life and death
    epic spell power positive
    font of life

but the pacificism and the pots were great ideas I might have missed
    setting olympic record for drowning deaths ...