Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post
    If I have to work so much for it, it's hardly a "gift".

They're making it harder than it needs to be, on both me and on themselves.
    Boy, you must HATE Festivult. Having to go walk over to trade in those coins to the Jester each time. He should just auto-take it from your bag each time you get them! Oh, but, he should also give you extra inventory space as well.

And man, those raid rewards, why can't they just auto-turn in? GAWDS, WALKING SUCKS.

Totally with you, but until you find us the secret rocket boots unlock, I think the appropriate response is 'smile and say thanks'.

On the off-chance you just glanced at the offer and didn't attempt it, do note there isn't actually a form to fill out or anything. Assuming you have a social media account of any sort, or are willing to make such, it's literally just two clicks on the offer, and it is completed.

And if they DIDN'T base this through social media, they'd have to build up a full webpage for it, which A: is more work than it's worth, for them, and B: Lets face it, they don't have the best history of (1: DDO offers outside of game being reliable and 2: Creating events that can't be exploited).

Getting upset because they're choosing the safe, easy route- for both them and us- seems a bit contrary to what's best.
    Last edited by Dagolar; 12-23-2014 at 02:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraphim View Post
    Fly? That would break every quest in the game. You would see folks falling from the sky in Korthos and dying. It would be a rain of newbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    Yeah. It's not "we nuked the city from orbit", it's "the city experienced a brief population drop". Check.

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    /facepalm

I thought it was a free owlbear summon, not a pet. failure on my part lol.
    Would be cool if there was a way to unlock perma-gold-seal pets at some point [other than the Starter Pack one], or if a new one was added to [the store or market].
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraphim View Post
    Fly? That would break every quest in the game. You would see folks falling from the sky in Korthos and dying. It would be a rain of newbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    Yeah. It's not "we nuked the city from orbit", it's "the city experienced a brief population drop". Check.

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    Irrelevant. Everyone on Facebook and twitter has already agreed to distribute all these things dozens of times.

The reason Facebook(And Twitter.. and pretty much ALL social media for that matter) exists is to data mine and then distribute or sell the information you willingly share on that social media hub.

People need to stop pretending like Turbine is trying to get one over on folks with these freebies.
    It's isn'tTurbine I am concerned with. It's OfferPop. The popup was by them, and I didn't want my info even further spread around. by a datamining company.

I did as was suggested elsewhere, and created a dummy account and deleted it after getting the offer.

Bottom line: THANK YOU Turbine for the freebee!

Community Member

I can't even find the pet, and it says I redeemed it. Went to look in both my bank and inventory, and can't find the certificate. Anyone experience this?

Quote Originally Posted by daryan1313 View Post
    I can't even find the pet, and it says I redeemed it. Went to look in both my bank and inventory, and can't find the certificate. Anyone experience this?
    The certificate has shown up in the inventory of the first character I logged in per server. It may be easy to overlook if there are similar color items nearby.
    1776 Growing Liberty for Centuries 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Dagolar View Post
    Would be cool if there was a way to unlock perma-gold-seal pets at some point [other than the Starter Pack one], or if a new one was added to [the store or market].
    Whole-heartedly agree. Preferably not only as part of a $70 offer. I've spent more money by far on this game than any other game I've ever played, butit's just never $70 all at once. It's $20-30 here an there.
    LuKaSu's DDO Wishlist.
    SSG, Thanks for a super-fun game!

I did the Facebook for FREE snowy owlbear and then went to myaccount.turbine.com and completed what I was told to follow...got the message on myaccount.turbine.com CONGRADULATIONS you will receive snowy owlbear once you log into Game on 1st server...did that , found the CERTIFICATE in my characters inventory as prompted , dbl clicked and answered pop-up YES to add to Stable...I logged off for abit after running around Harbor with the Snowy OwlBear....now my PROBLEM started when I came back into Game: 1. there is NO paw-print on my Inventory page so I can re-summon my snowy owlbear??? {also this is my 1st companion & was directed by in-Game friend how and what to do to re-summon companion} 2. so what is my next step and what do I do??? a little help Cordovan would be appreciated

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by HurtyouBad View Post
    I did the Facebook for FREE snowy owlbear and then went to myaccount.turbine.com and completed what I was told to follow...got the message on myaccount.turbine.com CONGRADULATIONS you will receive snowy owlbear once you log into Game on 1st server...did that , found the CERTIFICATE in my characters inventory as prompted , dbl clicked and answered pop-up YES to add to Stable...I logged off for abit after running around Harbor with the Snowy OwlBear....now my PROBLEM started when I came back into Game: 1. there is NO paw-print on my Inventory page so I can re-summon my snowy owlbear??? {also this is my 1st companion & was directed by in-Game friend how and what to do to re-summon companion} 2. so what is my next step and what do I do??? a little help Cordovan would be appreciated
    The owlbear is now, or should be, in your Companion Stable. Unsure why you don't have the "paw print" in your inventory to see it. If that persists upon future logins, get in touch with us through support.turbine.com, send it to Community/Forum Support, and we'll look into it.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Just in case this is your first creature companion (was mine), the paw print is a separate tab to the right side of your paper doll with your equipped items.
    LuKaSu's DDO Wishlist.
    SSG, Thanks for a super-fun game!

Community Member

Very nice gift and thank you Turbine.

Merry Christmas and Happy new Year to you all
    My Toons:
    DWP - Fighter, Olur Takun - Barbarian, Perddy Elfie - Artificer, Tamqil Jemhar - Ranger

Default Cheers!

Thanks Turbine, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everybody!

Stoner81.

thanks for the feedback Cordovan and LuKaSu....I did make a Ticket and LuKaSu I am aware of the Paw-Print showing on Inventory page just below Scroll Icon on the right-side , which is my problem

Default sad snowy owlbear

I am unable to get a code for the owlbear even though I have ddo liked on facebook. please help.

Lain5246....did you click on the Snowy OwlBear thread and click ACCEPT when the pop-up from Offerpop showed on your screen??

Hero
    2015 Movember Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We are running a special promotion on Facebook and Twitter! If you are interested, follow these links to get a free Snowy Owlbear Creature Companion!
    Thank you!

Lain5246....did you click on the Snowy OwlBear thread and click ACCEPT when the pop-up from Offerpop showed on your screen??
    I did not get a pop-up, hence why I was asking. thanks though for the help attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    ... primarily to make sure that it's one code per Facebook or Twitter account, in accordance with these social networks' privacy and disclosure policies.
    Then
    • why can you not manage the distribution of codes via your own web interface, or
    • why can you not simply give it to everyone rather than allow this data mining (please don't tell us it's not), or
    • what good is an Owlbear code to my facebook or twitter account anyway? (hey, you said it).

I'm aware it's optional, but I have to miss out because I refuse to let my standards be compromised for this obvious data matching exercise so that facebook knows I'm a gamer and can shape their advertising to that. Isn't the $400+/year I give turbine (or whoever runs this ship now) enough for something special in return? Naaaaah ..

Finally used my FB account for something other than cute pugs or cats :P

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123