Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920
    Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by moo_cow View Post
    I would hope they would be busy fixing the last few items and fixing exploits and bugs.
    I fail to see how the two would be mutually exclusive. they asked us for our input 4 weeks ago. We got a little interaction for a few days and then nothing.

I'm just trying to find out if any of the concerns were addressed before this goes live.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Community Member

Just wanted to put my 2 in.

For starters a bit dissapointed that the point scheme changed for the cores. The ability points in core need to be two ap? Kinda messes up how that works, and goes away from what we expect. Making them 1 ap abilities thought was part of the power of the tree. Changing that right there would help some.

I know you changed the amount veraile adept gave but possible could use a wee bit better, maybe 1/3/5 or keep melee and ranged the same but spell power the 2/4/6?

As far as the free meta, need something better IMO for a t5. Think eschew coud be t3, extend t4, and quicken for t5. Goes with the theme and more worthy of a t5.

Maybe add another t5....lowers cost of all meta by 1, stacking with all other forms of reduction?

Capstone also needs more, than just that ability wih long cooldown. If we gonna give up our class capstone, how about makimg it a multi select, choosing +2 to any of those 3 stats. Maybe something like Denirs eye: constant trueseeing. A minor thing.
    Last edited by RuneDude; 09-30-2014 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDude View Post
    The ability points in core need to be two ap? Kinda messes up how that works, and goes away from what we expect.
    I always assumed they would be 2 AP, since that's how all the racial trees work. (Human, Drow, etc...)

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

For starters a bit dissapointed that the point scheme changed for the cores. The ability points in core need to be two ap? Kinda messes up how that works, and goes away from what we expect. Making them 1 ap abilities thought was part of the power of the tree. Changing that right there would help some.
    Every ability increase in every other Racial (and class for that matter) tree costs 2 AP's

What exactly would of made you expect anything different?
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    Every ability increase in every other Racial (and class for that matter) tree costs 2 AP's

Isn't the Con 1 in Warchanter at core 1 1 AP?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post

I guess I was more thinking the standard class tree since that is how it was made to work like. and as a above poster said Warchanter gets a 1 ap ability. Figured that would of been a part of the tree, having a couple cheap ability increases. If that seems to much, maybe they can be 1 point but like Human you can only choose a single stat once for the cores. for the tree abilities no restriction of course.
    Last edited by RuneDude; 09-30-2014 at 06:46 PM.

The Eternal Rapscallion Haphazarduk's Avatar

Default Harper Tree Heroic Companion

Anyone know if it's WAI that it doesn't trigger human action boost?

Hap

Community Member

Default big question

does the tree enhancements harper leadership stack with augment summoning. if so i need to take one out since i have both as of right now. i dont think it would stack but i wanna know for sure

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by redmage761 View Post
    does the tree enhancements harper leadership stack with augment summoning. if so i need to take one out since i have both as of right now. i dont think it would stack but i wanna know for sure
    It's very easy to test it; take ench, watch your pet or hireling HP (while still having Augment summoning); then reset ench and see if the HP drop down.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by gummolo View Post
    It's very easy to test it; take ench, watch your pet or hireling HP (while still having Augment summoning); then reset ench and see if the HP drop down.
    I just tested this. The harper enhancement stacks with all other hireling buffs (Able, Druid PLs, Augument Summoning), even though nothing is shown in the examine window.

Cheers!

Community Member HedgeHogShadow's Avatar

Unhappy Magic of Austerity working for Everyone??

Sorry to post here in the feedback thread, but I can't find anything on this - and it's sorta feedback.

Magic of Austerity does not work for my level 7 artificer. It's supposed to work like eschew materials and I've talked to some for whom it's working fine. I tried resetting/respending/relogging a couple times along with some other things.

In-game ticket told me to bug report it, so I did. But I'm wondering if anyone else is having this problem.
    Occupy Stormreach

Community Member HedgeHogShadow's Avatar

Default Found spells that work with it

I went back and changed out spells (the ones I have in my book anyway). Now I see it is working with most spells, but not Lucky Cape or any of the curative admixtures (or stoneskin). Maybe its not supposed to work with admixtures or stoneskin, but no reason it shouldn't work with Lucky Cape.
    Occupy Stormreach

Know the Angles damage increase needs to be made to work with handwraps. It currently does nothing.
    Fafhryd
    Completionist Monk
    Khyber

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazarduk View Post
    Anyone know if it's WAI that it doesn't trigger human action boost?

Hap
    Racial Action boosts and class Enhancement boosts are on not exclusive. I do believe Harper falls into the class category even though it is not tied to a class as it is not a racial boost.

If that's what your asking

Quote Originally Posted by Fafnir View Post
    Know the Angles damage increase needs to be made to work with handwraps. It currently does nothing.
    Tested as well. Not working with wraps.

I know you changed the amount veraile adept gave but possible could use a wee bit better, maybe 1/3/5 or keep melee and ranged the same but spell power the 2/4/6?

As far as the free meta, need something better IMO for a t5. Think eschew coud be t3, extend t4, and quicken for t5. Goes with the theme and more worthy of a t5.

Maybe add another t5....lowers cost of all meta by 1, stacking with all other forms of reduction?

Capstone also needs more, than just that ability wih long cooldown. If we gonna give up our class capstone, how about makimg it a multi select, choosing +2 to any of those 3 stats. Maybe something like Denirs eye: constant trueseeing. A minor thing.

I agree the cool down on capstone makes it terrible.

Ten minutes? How many quests even last that long?

Quote Originally Posted by Livmo View Post
    I'm not sure about wanting to be considered a Harper.
    Me neither. But for a whole lot of other reasons (call me stupid, I don't mind as I totally assume this comment). Why such a name, which is quite "asynchronous" with other names in the game? All it evokes in my mind is a despicable Canadian politician, which is in complete opposition, like an Arch-enemy of the DDO Wiki description ("famed for their devotion to the arts, the preservation of history, and maintaining the balance of civilization and nature")... It's like a very bad and cynical joke from Turbine (they could have called it the Bilderberg faction instead). Two of my buddies canceled their account because of this. I won't do the same, I'll just leave that tree aside, whatever it involves.
    Last edited by HawkFest; 03-05-2015 at 07:20 AM.

Default Harper Update

It has been some time now, and I found the Harper tree to be a good fill-in for my FvS and Sorcerer/Rogue characters. Nothing is overpowering. The NPC harpers show us how the Devs view the Harper society as a whole, and these enhancements actually fit. I see the Harpers as cerebral roguess-arcanist that have no problem doing what the authorities can't or won't do. I am assuming that there is more to come as far as a storyline goes. Why allow us to have access the AP-CE, and offer us favor based Harper Pins, if that was that. The pins are pretty useless.

The cost for each enhancement is good. I mean, we all have a preference as to how much certain tier 3-5 enhancements should cost, but all in all, a good job. It makes good sense that this tree would find synergy with the INT based classes, considering that Harpers deal in information gathering and covert operations.

Moving forward, I am wondering how the Devs will use the Harpers to pull in players. Will there be a Harper guild ship, run by NPCs for those who have attained at least the scout rating? That would be nice, since guild ships are just giant buff bots with additional amenities. I am not counting those guilds that actually value human interaction and team play; you are the best of the best, and I value your contributions to the game.

Again, great job on the Harper Tree, I am looking forward to seeing the Harper movement grow.
    The Shadow Sage of Nusemne

(LYCEUM OF SHADOW): "ONLY FOOLS CALL THE SHADOW EVIL"

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920