Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sweet, will be getting a couple of those i expect... now to go find a few things that look good & spend some time modelling them

*singing* goodbye horses....
    I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was, now what's it is weird and scary to me.

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone else notice the location for cosmetics has been scooted over below the paperdoll? Looks like someone is making room for something. Multiple effects?
    Lich - Lichclaw - Lichdust - Lichfate - Lichgaze - Lichrot - Lichsoul - Lichvault
    Ghallanda ReRolled
    DDOCast Contributor http://www.ddocast.com/
    http://www.twitch.tv/g_lich

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    I see that the barter box lets you choose armor or docent. Anyone tried it to see what happens if you put in a named armor (or docent) that doesn't have the other type? Maybe Quorforged Docent or Marilith Chain?
    I just got another mirror. Used it on a docent and clicked the armor. It consumed the mirror but didn't gave me any cosmetic armor.
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

Looks and sounds promising. But, I'll wait to see how it works on the Live servers before getting excited and singing praises. Too many Charlie Brown V. Football moments in the past have tempered my ability to get hyped up in advance.

But, it does look and sound promising.
    Exit, pursued by a bear. ~ William Shakespeare (stage direction from The Winter's Tale)

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    This snuck out on Lamannia even though it's not yet in a state for preview. The plan is/was to roll this out next week. We'll have more about this item then! The Mirror will also be for sale in the DDO Store in addition to Daily Dice.
    I'll be holding you to that... we've been asking for this for years. Now I just have to find some people with random gen armor thats no longer available.... like elven chainmail... hmmmm.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

awsome, will it work for named armors and helmets or just random items?
    either way great.

noticed that the cosmetic slots were moved, is that to make space for shield slot? if so will that work with shields too?
    Last edited by bloodnose13; 08-22-2014 at 03:47 PM.
    "If you're not having fun, you're doing something wrong."
    — Groucho Marx

Awesome, I finally get my Stinkpelt's Hide kit
    Main: Zodaroth - heroic & epic completionist pure dwarven warlock
    Alts: Zodynkar (caster), Zodirkeal (archer), Zodinn (lab rat)
    ---- Death N Taxes -------------------------------------------------------Argo -----

This Mirror of Glammering is going to cause a proliferation of cosmetic items in players' inventories. I think DDO needs to implement my Dressing Room tab idea soon to deal with the avalanche of new cosmetics that is about to occur.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-Cosmetic-Bank

Community Member

Good news and about time. I've requested this feature several times in the past and I'm glad that it's now becoming a reality.

This snuck out on Lamannia even though it's not yet in a state for preview. The plan is/was to roll this out next week. We'll have more about this item then! The Mirror will also be for sale in the DDO Store in addition to Daily Dice.
    Yes, but can we buy them in BULK? :P

Thanks for adding this
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraphim View Post
    Fly? That would break every quest in the game. You would see folks falling from the sky in Korthos and dying. It would be a rain of newbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    Yeah. It's not "we nuked the city from orbit", it's "the city experienced a brief population drop". Check.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodnose13 View Post
    awsome, will it work for named armors and helmets or just random items?
    either way great.

noticed that the cosmetic slots were moved, is that to make space for shield slot? if so will that work with shields too?
    That would be awesome. My PM has suffered the rather obvious drawbacks of Death's Door for long enough.
    Rognac / Oesel / Zaegroenhali / Maloich / Eriaolys / Voidmind / Pastacide / Orangewing / Veraya / Sisutu / Peletis / Lacrimis / Clipped / Somniloquy / Hypnagogic / Othafa

Khyber / The Hand of the Black Tower

Community Member

Sweet, now I can have the thunder-forged plate look while I run around on Korthos after a TR

Quote Originally Posted by Zafaron View Post
    Sweet, now I can have the thunder-forged plate look while I run around on Korthos after a TR
    Sure, just run to ur tr cache and take out the mirror of glammering that u used on TF plate to get the look....
    All Haiku courtesy of Kayerith: RAID HAIKU!!: Velah isn't scared//we are killing the zombies//Dahliya is mean? <> Running for the hound!//making babbies fight mommy!//Michael Vick Approved <> Do you trust the shroud?//We must fight Harry two times//bring D-R Breakers <> Race haiku!!: Rusties eat war-forged//I laugh at their suffering//the screams are funny <> War-forged have no souls//batteries not included//save your receipt please <> Toaster surfing haiku!!: Jumping in the air//warforged crowding below me//I cannot get down!!! <> Confusion claims me!//which gender has facial hair?//male or female dwarves? <> It cannot be true! // a dwarf with no beard appears!//ABOMINATION!!

Community Member

Default on that note, what about Iconic armors transferring

Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    Converting the quorforged docent into a fleshie armor... ****, I have to try that now.
    Hm, on that note, what would happen if you take your PDK armor or the BF docent to make a new cosmetic that you could transfer? Would that work, and what would you get if you put the docent on a human or the cosmetic PDK armor on a WF/BF character?

I must say that this is a really great cosmetic option, allows anyone to look what they want. Even if the armor up pass doesn't manage to curb the dominance of payama/dress melees, this could really change what the characters look like :-)

Default Praise the Council?

Feels like something that came out of a Player Council meeting - was it?

Good stuff.

Carry on.
    ~ Gaeryus (Sor9/Wiz7/Fvs4) Firebrand ~ ~ Phlegma (12Fgt/6Rog/2Pal)(L13)(eTR2) van Moyst ~
    ~ Hakashe (Pal14/Monk6)(L3)Nurigatu ~ ~ Koergan (Cle17/Brb2/Fgt1)Flamebeard ~
    Ex-Captain of the Flying Funk ~ ~ Ascent ~ ~ Epic Farming Videos ~ ~ New and Exciting Bugs

Okay, here's a question:

I have a set of armor that has one of the old version armor kits on it. If I were to spin this armor thru the mirror, will it take on the armor kit appearance, or the appearance of the old original set of armor?

CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles

Quote Originally Posted by ddo.rsmo.pt View Post
    Feels like something that came out of a Player Council meeting - was it?

Good stuff.

Carry on.
    Technically the PC doesn't meet...

Turbine posts ideas in a private subforum, and we comment the ideas... Answers varies a lot, they go from a general : Hell No! to a general Me Want ! .
    Usually most of our answers are somewhere in between... and tends to go off topic, just like in the main forum.

In this particular case, the thread is relatively short, and my answer in it was : Bright Idea... ( which can be summed up by : Me Want ! )
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Flavilandile View Post
    Technically the PC doesn't meet...

Turbine posts ideas in a private subforum, and we comment the ideas... Answers varies a lot, they go from a general : Hell No! to a general Me Want ! .
    Usually most of our answers are somewhere in between... and tends to go off topic, just like in the main forum.

In this particular case, the thread is relatively short, and my answer in it was : Bright Idea... ( which can be summed up by : Me Want ! )
    Cool, so it's basically a subforum equal to all other subforums, but where there's no trolling and the Dev's actually take notice of suggestions.
    Seems like a nice place

Carry on.
    ~ Gaeryus (Sor9/Wiz7/Fvs4) Firebrand ~ ~ Phlegma (12Fgt/6Rog/2Pal)(L13)(eTR2) van Moyst ~
    ~ Hakashe (Pal14/Monk6)(L3)Nurigatu ~ ~ Koergan (Cle17/Brb2/Fgt1)Flamebeard ~
    Ex-Captain of the Flying Funk ~ ~ Ascent ~ ~ Epic Farming Videos ~ ~ New and Exciting Bugs

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post
    Okay, here's a question:

I have a set of armor that has one of the old version armor kits on it. If I were to spin this armor thru the mirror, will it take on the armor kit appearance, or the appearance of the old original set of armor?

+1
    /bump pls answer

Got my money ready.

Although ... a cosmetic inventory storage area.. like the pet inventory tab will be needed..
    Last edited by JOTMON; 08-25-2014 at 09:22 AM.
    Argo: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Jotmon (HC 34/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 12/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 116/158)
    Jotlock (HC 38/45 , RC 25/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 75/158)
    Whatthetruck (HC 38/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 111/158)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast