Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Are U22 Guildships/Buffs actually getting fixed??

So Cordo, please tell us, are they or do we add that to the pile of half done changes, if a fix is on the way a rough ETA would be nice, i for one am not overly impressed with all this shinies myself and guildies purchased that can seemingly be dispelled at the first sign of a beholder, vendors that don't work, taverns that don't work etc.. and i cannot imagine many others are celebrating joyfully that purchased buffs are buggy or just plain don't work, so please an update on what is going on with this mess you threw on us please.
    The Arms Of Orien
    Dokalfar - Jhanjra - Khlaryssa - XiaNYdE - Tammin Burfoot
    In a way, we are magicians. We are alchemists, sorcerers and wizards. We are a very strange bunch. But there is great fun in being a wizard. -Billy Joel

Per the Update 22 Patch 2 release notes:

"Airships and Amenities:

Airship Amenity Deeds can now appear in quest arc End Reward lists.
    Amenity buffs are now based on the level of the guild whose airship is being used.
    You can now name your guild's airship! Your airship can be named for free when first purchased, and can be renamed once for free by using the rename option available in the Airship Vendor UI in the Airship Showroom in the Harbor.
    The Sign of the Silver Flame buff now gives its correct 5/10/15 Light and Fire Spell Power and Fire Resistance.
    The Hag Apothecary tooltip now states what the amenity does.
    Guild XP buffs are no longer dispellable by enemies.
    When placing or removing an amenity, the UI will now close to allow the player to go right to the amenity.
    The Banquet Hall Spirit Binder is no longer being paid off by the Rusty Nail, and will now correctly bind characters to their airship.
    White Airship Sail dyes now properly dye the sails white.
    Several typos have been fixed in amenity descriptions."

Lamannia Release notes
    Last edited by Atremus; 07-07-2014 at 08:04 PM. Reason: i broke the url
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Atremus View Post

"Airships and Amenities:

Amenity buffs are now based on the level of the guild whose airship is being used.
    Hmm am I assuming correctly that if you used the amenities on a different guild ship than yours it would use your own guild level for the duration ? Or is there a deeper meaning to this ?

Community Member

As well as...

Can we have a farshifter for plat?

Make it fair, people, really.

These little nuissances stack up very quickly, i dont think your ashard grabs will offset the ones leaving over the annoyances.

Euro-Founder and Keeper Refugee Dexraven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pandir View Post
    Hmm am I assuming correctly that if you used the amenities on a different guild ship than yours it would use your own guild level for the duration ? Or is there a deeper meaning to this ?
    i read it as saying the opposite of that. uses the level of the guild who owns the ship you're on, not yours.

Leader of the Unearthed Arcana

6. 07-08-2014, 08:25 AM

Reason
    redundant

That would be problematic for people that aren't in guilds.
    DC Warlock Reaper Build (U48)
    Max DC Illusionist Reaper Build (U48)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    If the test server notes are accurate, that will no longer matter after patch 22.2. What it means until then is not clear.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    Sorry my sentence was a bit misleading, I'm assuming as of now the guild level of the person using the amenities is used, while after the patch it will be so the Guild level of the ship owning guild will be used.
    Basically what Dexraven said.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexraven View Post
    i read it as saying the opposite of that. uses the level of the guild who owns the ship you're on, not yours.

My actual question was if I'm correct with my assumption and it will only affect buff timers or if they will attach anything else to guild levels in patch 22.2 heh.
    Last edited by Pandir; 07-08-2014 at 09:09 AM.

Community Member

Default exactly that was the issue, yeah

Yes, that was exactly the issue. Imagine how bad it was for unguilded characters, as they lost the buffs almost immediately! Also fixing the bug where some effects were dispelled by beholders.

Community Member

"Airships and Amenities:

Airship Amenity Deeds can now appear in quest arc End Reward lists.
    You can now name your guild's airship! Your airship can be named for free when first purchased, and can be renamed once for free by using the rename option available in the Airship Vendor UI in the Airship Showroom in the Harbor.
    The Sign of the Silver Flame buff now gives its correct 5/10/15 Light and Fire Spell Power and Fire Resistance.
    The Hag Apothecary tooltip now states what the amenity does.
    Guild XP buffs are no longer dispellable by enemies.
    When placing or removing an amenity, the UI will now close to allow the player to go right to the amenity.
    The Banquet Hall Spirit Binder is no longer being paid off by the Rusty Nail, and will now correctly bind characters to their airship.
    White Airship Sail dyes now properly dye the sails white.
    Several typos have been fixed in amenity descriptions."

Lamannia Release notes
    That's goodness.

What about the bug that allows ship invitees to remove your ship's amenities? Has that vulnerability been fixed in the 22.2 patch? Anyone know?

We would really like to get back to inviting anyone who wants an invite onto our ship.
    Last edited by Tshober; 07-08-2014 at 07:37 AM.

Per the Update 22 Patch 2 release notes: (...) Airship Amenity Deeds can now appear in quest arc End Reward lists. (...)
    Oh.. Even if the PC is not a Ship's Officer? If so, do you know what happens (is the Amenity automatically placed over a random empty slot on the ship? Is it simply added to the list of availables per slot for officers? ...)? If not or if it has nothing to do with what I'm saying, what is a "Deed" when from a reward list, is it an item? Some magic stone giving the equivalent buff for a limited time?... So vague, so many questions..

Hmm am I assuming correctly that if you used the amenities on a different guild ship than yours (...)
    How can you do this at 1st place? You can't be a member of more than one guild (unfortunately : it would be cool if people - game PCs - could gather and organize their own resources and needs via specialized guilds+ships).
    Last edited by HawkFest; 07-08-2014 at 08:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HawkFest View Post
    Oh.. Even if the PC is not a Ship's Officer? If so, do you know what happens (is the Amenity automatically placed over a random empty slot on the ship? Is it simply added to the list of availables per slot for officers? ...)? If not or if it has nothing to do with what I'm saying, what is a "Deed" when from a reward list, is it an item? Some magic stone giving the equivalent buff for a limited time?... So vague, so many questions..
    It's an inventory item. You can run over to your ship and apply it, or post it on the auction house. It's equivalent to the old-style amenity contracts, unbound.

Not looking for sympathy but I work 60 hours a week, with commute that's about 72 hours.... anyhow, I don't know exactly what they changed but I do know that at level 7 I could hit 41 Reflex save and now at level 13 I can hit.... 41 Reflex save ??? Are the new amenities broken ? ( as I was saying, I barely have time to play let alone try to figure out what buffs I have now vs before...)

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    It's an inventory item. You can run over to your ship and apply it, or post it on the auction house. It's equivalent to the old-style amenity contracts, unbound.
    I can't relate to this old-style as I wasn't playing DDO nor D&D, sry. But from what you say, when a PC is not an Officer, the item can either be auctioned, either be given (via the trade GUI) to another PC who's one of his Ship's Officers. It would make sense.
    Last edited by HawkFest; 07-08-2014 at 08:47 AM.

I can't relate to this old-style as I wasn't playing DDO nor D&D, sry.
    Yes you were. The "old" style refers to 28 days ago.

Community Member

I can't relate to this old-style as I wasn't playing DDO nor D&D, sry. But from what you say, when a PC is not an Officer, the item can either be auctioned, either be given (via the trade GUI) to another PC who's one of his Ship's Officers. It would make sense.
    Basically like the amenity items you can buy in the cargo hold of the new ships, so yes an Inventory Item that can freely be traded or auctioned.

Euro-Founder and Keeper Refugee Dexraven's Avatar

How can you do this at 1st place? You can't be a member of more than one guild (unfortunately : it would be cool if people - game PCs - could gather and organize their own resources and needs via specialized guilds+ships).
    True a character can only be in one guild, but you can be invited to another guilds's airship if you are in their party and near an airship tower, allowing you to use their ship.
    Leader of the Unearthed Arcana

Community Member

You can invite none guildies to your airship if they are grouped with you and stand next to an airship entrance or beacon.

Community Member

It is a very common practice to invite people who are not in your guild onto your airship to get buffs, use crafting stations, etc. when you are grouped with them.

Unfortunately that common practice is now a bit risky if you don't know the people you are inviting very well. Because, due to a bug, ship invitees can use a trick to gain access to your ship's hookpoints and remove all of your ship's amenities! Hoping this will be fixed soon.
    Last edited by Tshober; 07-08-2014 at 08:56 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast