Default Cannot access DDO forum via FireFox

I am logged in by IE at the moment.

My Firefox browser cannot read the DDo website address anymore. It says the (official) address was invalid. I tried different settings on my antivirus software but without success. Does anyone have a suggestion on how I can track down the problem? Using IE is not acceptable since I have to write on dark background and cannot use the tool provided by a user here.
    Characters on Orien:
    Wanzer/ Klingtanz/ Incanta Superior/ Mercantus

Quote Originally Posted by zwiebelring View Post
    I am logged in by IE at the moment.

My Firefox browser cannot read the DDo website address anymore. It says the (official) address was invalid. I tried different settings on my antivirus software but without success. Does anyone have a suggestion on how I can track down the problem? Using IE is not acceptable since I have to write on dark background and cannot use the tool provided by a user here.
    I just logged in via Firefox, my deep-fried and battered friend. Try again, maybe?
    1776 Growing Liberty for Centuries 2022

If it was that easy, I did not make this thread . All I can imagine is some strange script problem (some people had problems with Chrome, but I don't use it, so not a real solution) but I cannot verify.

My last action will be deleting avast antivirus and replace it with something else.
    Characters on Orien:

i get the same. if i click on a link in the loader it opens up IE which I have never updated and then it constantly crashes in a loop.
    Real join date: Update 7

Quote Originally Posted by zwiebelring View Post
    If it was that easy, I did not make this thread . All I can imagine is some strange script problem (some people had problems with Chrome, but I don't use it, so not a real solution) but I cannot verify.

My last action will be deleting avast antivirus and replace it with something else.
    I was hoping it was just a temporary problem. I don't have much else to offer except a point of comparison. I can still access www.ddo.com and log in with Firefox. My location is U.S.
    1776 Growing Liberty for Centuries 2022

Not qwuite the same. My firefoxy is updated, for example, I use goodle for ddo Forum, Google spits out results, I click the official site (ddo.com), click on it and I get the message Website wasn't valid. Try again Option brings me back to Google results. I deleted avast, so something is broken with Firefox on Win7.

IE is working fine except that I have to write on dark background. How stupid is this?

- edit -
    And IE does some strange Auto correction to my text according to german language. What devilry is this?
    Characters on Orien:

Not quite the same. My firefoxy is updated, for example, I use google for ddo forum, google spits out results, I click the official site (ddo.com) and I get the message website wasn't valid. Try again option brings me back to google results. I deleted avast, so something is broken with Firefox on Win7.

IE is working fine except that I have to write on dark background. How stupid is this?

- edit -
    And IE does some strange Auto correction to my text according to german language. What devilry is this?
    Characters on Orien:

Not quite the same. My firefox is updated, for example, I use google for ddo forum, google spits out results, I click the official site (ddo.com) and I get the message website wasn't valid. Try again option brings me back to google results. I deleted avast, so something is broken with Firefox on Win7.

- edit -
    Characters on Orien:

Firefox continues to work properly on the ddo forums for me.

One thing, though, was that when they first changed the forums to this current (awful) template I had to tell firefox to ignore the fact that the ddo forums have an invalid security certificate, or whatever. That may be what you're seeing. Can you tell it to ignore the issue? It'll complain that this is unsecure, but whaddya gonna do, right?

No, that is not my Problem, I know about the security certificate issue. I simplly cannot reach this Website by firefoy anymore. It won't load at all. URL invalid. Every other URl works fine. Somewhere is a Gremlin and I want to find him.

- edit -
    Okay, reinstalled firefox. problem solved. Thanks for replies. If the problem was not at my end somewhere, other people had login issues as well, whas been my guess .
    Last edited by zwiebelring; 04-18-2014 at 04:59 AM.
    Characters on Orien:

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

Okay, way back when they had the Great Domain Name Registration snafu, did you use the work around? I forget exactly what the lines were, but we all entered some lines of code into a registry notepad telling the internet where the various ddo things (the game, the forum, the chat server, etc.) were.

I ask because that is what messed me up with the forums, and I was unable to access it until I found those lines and deleted them.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

Quote Originally Posted by TrinityTurtle View Post
    Okay, way back when they had the Great Domain Name Registration snafu, did you use the work around? I forget exactly what the lines were, but we all entered some lines of code into a registry notepad telling the internet where the various ddo things (the game, the forum, the chat server, etc.) were.

I ask because that is what messed me up with the forums, and I was unable to access it until I found those lines and deleted them.
    That would have been modifying the host file.

Weird. Firefox has worked for me in accessing the forums as recently as right now.
    Have you tried deleting Firefox and then reinstalling it, see if that works?
    Exit, pursued by a bear. ~ William Shakespeare (stage direction from The Winter's Tale)

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    Weird. Firefox has worked for me in accessing the forums as recently as right now.
    Have you tried deleting Firefox and then reinstalling it, see if that works?
    Post 10, Mem.

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

At home, when troubleshooting firefox, the first thing we do is disable all plugins and add ons.

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    Post 10, Mem.
    Something-something Coffee! something something
    Exit, pursued by a bear. ~ William Shakespeare (stage direction from The Winter's Tale)

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    Something-something Coffee! something something
    Has Eddy been swiping your mug again?

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    Has Eddy been swiping your mug again?
    And worse! Making the coffee cold!