Default Shadow Crypt reflagging

It's possible to reflag for Shadow Crypt in around 10 minutes on any character. After you collect the end reward from the Herald, so that Shadow Crypt shows as completed, abandon any one of the four flagging quests, re-acquire it, run it and turn it in. Now go talk to the Herald again to get Shadow Crypt bestowed. He will actually say that this will bestow Shadow Crypt without resetting any other quests, so it's reasonable to assume this is WAI.

The fastest necro2 quest by a decent margin is Tomb of the Shadow Lord, using the solo technique. This requires using a hireling (or a pet), even if you aren't soloing. You need a hireling to open the second gate pair to let the rest of the party in the north side. No exotic abilities like dimension door are required.

Here's a video from start to finish, though fair warning that I'm not particularly good at this quest. I run it on hard in the video because I already ran it elite for bravery the first time I flagged for Shadow Crypt:

2015 DDO Players Council Sebastrd's Avatar

Nice, and thanks for the tip.
    Astreya the Unturning

It's always a shame when the hammer of poor design choices smashes the fun of player tactical adaptation.

Community Member

just tried this out on bloody crypt and it works there as well. Thanks for the tip.

Community Member

Nice to know, BTW opener is even faster
    Leamos --> Completionist + Epic Completionist

Arena PVP matchs are the only real end-game... still waiting that community will understand and let turbine to implement it.

Community Member

thanks for sharing, works like a charm.