Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default DDO-ML an ultrafast lightweight DDO launcher

DDO Mini/Multi Launcher (DDO-ML)
    version 1.21
    3/26/14

--PLEASE READ BEFORE DOWNLOADING--
    Download version 1.21: https://github.com/traversc/DDO-ML

Overview:
    This is a small GUI interace similar to PyLotro. It is derived from an excellent command line Python Launcher by Kahath, which you can find here. Several people including myself have been using this for quite a while, and I have generally recieved positive feedback. So I'd like to make it available to everyone.

Update:
    Ver 1.2 - NOTE: You will need to re-encrypt your passwords if moving the XML file from 1.11 to 1.2.
    • Fixed issue with reserved characters (e.g. hypens) in account/passwords (probably)
    • Added option to choose subscription. See the example XML file.
    • Switched usage to long path folder names, should fix issue with deep folder names

Ver 1.11 - fixed issue with encryption
    Ver 1.1
    • Included basic encryption - to encrypt your passwords, enter your passwords as usual and use the "Encrypt Passwords" tray menu option
    • Debugging option: to turn on debug mode, set debug=1 in the INI file. Output will be written to debug.txt

Ver 1.01 - Increased the connection timeout to 2 minutes (was 20 seconds). This helps with slower connections.

Known problems:
    • Ver 1.1: Default coordinates of the launcher are set a little too high for some screens. If you can't see the launcher after starting, change the X and Y entries in the INI file.
    • Ver 1.1: If you have problems launching the game, move your installation directory to a shallow path (e.g., C:\DDO) and reset the directory in DDO-ML.
    • Ver 1.1: The DDO-ML icon is broken. Now it's just a generic program icon.
    • Accounts with multiple subscriptions. The launcher chooses the first subscription, which is hopefully the correct one
    • Patching feature is untested. If it doesn't work, run the official Turbine launcher.
    • Background game launch (experimental) attempts to lock your current DDO window into the foreground. It is sometimes finicky (blame Microsoft).

Features:
    • One-click log in to one or multiple accounts
    • Automatic log in to specific toons
    • Automatically rename multiple DDO instances on launch
    • One-click close all non-active game windows (useful for multi-boxing)
    • Awesomium management
    • Game patching command (untested)
    • Background game launch (experimental)

How to use:
    Open ddo-ml.xml in notepad or another text editor and replace the values for account name, password, etc. with your own. I think it's pretty self-explanatory. You can also create additional entries as you see fit, just make sure it is properly formatted or it will break.

Open up ddo-ml.exe. On the first run, it'll ask you to locate your DDO folder. Do so and press OK. Then enter your server name at the next prompt. Make sure you spell it correctly. If you need to change your server, right click on the tray icon and click "set server" and then restart DDO-ML.

Source code:
    Source code is included if you want to make changes and compile it yourself. However, please do NOT widely distribute a modified executable without my permission. To build DDO-ML, you will need the following:
    • Python for windows
    • CxFreeze (to create windows executable wrapper for python scripts)
    • AutoIt (GUI interface)

Donation:
    Donate by paypal if you'd like.
    Last edited by AtomicMew; 03-10-2016 at 02:35 AM.

Awesome loader, just logged in all 6 of my accounts, automagically to the correct characters

Nice replacement for pylotro
    Last edited by fTdOmen; 02-14-2014 at 01:47 AM.

So, if I am interested and would like to try this out... which file(s)am I supposed to be downloading?

Khyber: Evandus, Halfdeadd, Licoricewhip, Sawyn, Elkabongg, Brothanumsi, Soulbro, Cromix.
    And an army of gimp experiments!

Community Member

Last edited by cru121; 08-11-2020 at 06:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    Lol, thanks!

Looked like greek to me...

Now give me a gunshot wound, car accident victim, or MI sufferer and you'll see miracles.
    Khyber: Evandus, Halfdeadd, Licoricewhip, Sawyn, Elkabongg, Brothanumsi, Soulbro, Cromix.

Haven't had any luck getting it to run either. I'm thinking that this may have to do with the program being keyed to work with a X64 bit OS as opposed to the X32 bit OS I have on this PC?

Blogger and Hatchery Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

nope. still not working for me.

nothing happens

the official home of LOLWUT
    and R.O.G.U.E !
    Pointless/Frivolous/Beguiling/Justanotha Waste of Time, Katzklaw, Pickt d'Locks & etc
    Q: how do you get me to appear in a thread? A: ask a bard question! XD

Quote Originally Posted by taurean430 View Post
    Haven't had any luck getting it to run either. I'm thinking that this may have to do with the program being keyed to work with a X64 bit OS as opposed to the X32 bit OS I have on this PC?
    I'll re-compile for 32 bit tonight. Has anyone gotten it to work lol?

Quote Originally Posted by BOgre View Post
    Any chance getting this to work with the DDO Preloader?

Otherwise, nice little wrapper. Great time saver.
    It should work just fine with DDO preloader.

Quote Originally Posted by taurean430 View Post
    So, if I am interested and would like to try this out... which file(s)am I supposed to be downloading?

You need to download all of it. Most of the files are python libraries.

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    What's <rename value>?
    Quote Originally Posted by Full_Bleed View Post
    Code:
    	<shortcut label="WHATEVER NAME YOU WANT, THIS IS JUST A DISPLAY LABEL">
    		<account user="THE Username FIELD WHEN RUNNING THE NORMAL DDO LAUNCHER">
    			<pass value="THE Password FIELD WHEN RUNNING THE NORMAL DDO LAUNCHER"></pass>
    			<rename value="DDO_acc1"></rename>
    			<character value="CHARACTER NAME"></character>
    		</account>
    	</shortcut>
    Only fill in the CYAN areas.
    It's fine to fill in <rename value>. Whatever you put there will be the name of the DDO window, which is moot if you run in full screen mode but for those of us who use windowed mode, this is a super handy feature.

Community Member

Is there something special to do when there are two accounts linked to one username?

I have a friend who is trying to use this, but i fear he won't be able to with his rare situation.
    He was given nicknames for the two accounts "use this one" and dont use this" or something liek that.
    Last edited by crackerjackwr; 03-12-2014 at 04:29 PM.

Ok, I think I've found out what my problem is.
    Accounts with multiple subscriptions. The launcher chooses the first subscription, which is hopefully the correct one

Yeah, I also have Asheron's Call and Lotro subscriptions connected to that account (Asheron's Call being the first one in the list on turbine's myaccount page).
    When I read that the first time, I was thinking it meant multiple DDO subscriptions on the account, didn't think about the other games.

I verified that I can log in without issues on another account that only has the DDO subscription.

Anything I can do about that? Some setting I can change? Edit the python files and recompile?
    Last edited by Hasaki; 03-12-2014 at 06:18 PM.

Hi guys, I recompiled everything in 32-bit. Please download it and see if it works this time.

Quote Originally Posted by fTdOmen View Post
    It didn't work when i typed Salorna

Awesome launcher though, nice replacement for pylotro.
    Um, are you sure you spelled it correctly? Sarlona not Salorna? ;o

If it still doesn't work, can you post your .ini and .xml file (removing your password). I'd appreciate help getting this to work for other people. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicMew View Post
    Hi guys, I recompiled everything in 32-bit. Please download it and see if it works this time.

Um, are you sure you spelled it correctly? Sarlona not Salorna? ;o

If it still doesn't work, can you post your .ini and .xml file (removing your password). I'd appreciate help getting this to work for other people. Thanks
    It works fine with the correct spelling. I cant believe you missed the joke. ><

Quote Originally Posted by fTdOmen View Post
    It works fine with the correct spelling. I cant believe you missed the joke. ><
    Still missing the joke XD

Blogger and Hatchery Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicMew View Post
    Still missing the joke XD
    in other words "it didn't work when i spelled it wrong! herpaderp! lulz"

so it works fine for him too.

also...i LOLed. XD

the official home of LOLWUT
    and R.O.G.U.E !
    Pointless/Frivolous/Beguiling/Justanotha Waste of Time, Katzklaw, Pickt d'Locks & etc
    Q: how do you get me to appear in a thread? A: ask a bard question! XD

I hear tell that this Launcher can be used with the game, update the game to Update 21 and run fine without the need to load up Akamai. Is this correct?
    Panzermeyer - Huge Terry Brooks Shannara Fan

Main
    Jelara Shannara - Dragonborn Caster/Intim/Tank Druid (TR XXI - Barb x3, Drd x3, FvS x3, Pal x3, Rgr x1, Rog x2, Sorc x3, Wiz x3 - EtR XXXI - Epic Completionist - ItR III - PDK x3)
    Alts
    DamsonRhee Shannara - PDK Swashbuckler
    Challenge Farmer
    Eritria Shannara - Human Swashbuckler
    (TR VII - Ftr x3, Sorc x1, Wiz x3 EtR - Prim x1)
    Kirisin Shannara - Sun Elf Enlightend Spirit Warlock Tank (TR XIV - Barb x1, Bard x1, Clc x3, Fvs x3, Sorc x3, Wiz x3 - EtR XII - Epic Completionist- ItR - MLE x3)
    RueMeridian - Warforged Artificer (TR II - Arti x1, Wiz x1 - EtR II - Primal x1, Div x1)

Community Member DeathbringerGod's Avatar

Question

Hello, the game doesn't launch for me with DDO-ML... y double click on login with my account and it says "Done... Account1" but nothing happens
    I'm on XP s3 32bits.

Is something wrong here? I don't know...

<?xml version="1.0"?>
    <root>
    <shortcut label="MyAccount">
    <account user="MyAccount">
    <pass value="......mypassword"></pass>
    <rename value="DDO_acc1"></rename>
    <character value="ToonName"></character>
    </account>
    </shortcut>

PS: also patch button worked for me too, but the game doesn't lauch
    Last edited by DeathbringerGod; 03-10-2014 at 06:06 PM.
    KHYBER Server * Member of "La Hoja y La Llama" Guild
    Velhaart [2nd Life] (lv 4 Human Fighter), Deathbrngr [2nd Life] (lv 4 Drow Fighter), Shinigammi (lv 30 Drow Monk), Kriegwolf (lv 30 Dwarf Barbarian), Panzerdeath (lv 30 Warforged Fighter), Edvaard (lv 30 Human Paladin), Thengwar (lv 30 Drow Bard), Aorlhac (lv 30 Half-Orc Fighter),
    Tuomass
    (lv 30 Human Druid), Scythelord (lv 30 Human Wizard), Xeerloth (lv 30 Warforged Artificer), Aldahr (lv 30 Shadar-Kai Rogue),
    Krieglord (lv 30 Bladeforged Paladin), Edarim (Lv 30 Sun Elf Cleric), Ianvenn (lv 30 Half-Elf Ranger), Chrometank (lv 30 Warforged Wizard),
    Erwynd
    (lv 7 Human Favored Soul), Naghaar (lv 7 Drow Warlock), Elleak (lv 7 Gnome Rogue)

ARGONNESSEN Server * Officer of "Celestial Knights" Guild
    Edvaard
    (lv 30 Human Fighter), Panzertank (lv 30 Bladeforged Monk/Warlock/Paladin), Deathbringrr (lv 30 Human Barbarian),
    Elkyrd
    (lv 30 Drow Warlock) Edverth (lv 30 Dwarf Fighter) & 15 more...

Thanks AtomicMew
    Real join date: Update 7

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast