Community Member

Default VIDEO -- 20 Ranger (epic 7) Tempest // Fury of the Wild

Recently returned to the game and started this character on Khyber.

I've never played a ranger before, but they seem pretty good!

If you don't like dubby electronic music; mute and play whatever you like, no game sounds on this one.

I wanted to post this here for players curious about melee rangers. This character is currently 41 Tempest, 11 AA, 7 DWS, & 21 Elf. With a solid 30% doublestrike (from First Blood (bastard sword), elf enhancement, black-dragonscale set, and perfect TWF) the tempest capstone is s o m e w h a t useful. Main hand is a Balizarde if you were wondering.

Enjoy in 1080p!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXsfEd34Gfo

Community Member

that was neat

Community Member

Hi,
    That was great, but I have some questions. At that lvl, how are u gettin almost 100hp/hit throughout the quest. I see the weapons, but my STR build is far short of that kind of damage. Can u give a quick list of buffs and feats? And maybe some of the major enhancements?

Thanks,
    russc

Quote Originally Posted by russelc View Post
    At that lvl, how are u gettin almost 100hp/hit throughout the quest. I see the weapons, but my STR build is far short of that kind of damage. Can u give a quick list of buffs and feats?
    I too am curious, since his char sheet display at the beginning shows a str of 34 or so, dex around the same.

Best I could tell the base damage was mid-70s to low-90s, but most attacks were against helpless enemies so most of the time the left-most damage number was 3 digits.

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    I too am curious, since his char sheet display at the beginning shows a str of 34 or so, dex around the same.

Best I could tell the base damage was mid-70s to low-90s, but most attacks were against helpless enemies so most of the time the left-most damage number was 3 digits.
    Elf+ Planar focus + deadly item . . .

that 34 STR is pre-buffed.

Favored Enemy Giant would also explain some of it that's min +10 versus the Trolls. Bigger hits are probably there.

Quote Originally Posted by Grailhawk View Post
    Favored Enemy Giant would also explain some of it that's min +10 versus the Trolls. Bigger hits are probably there.
    Pretty sure favored damage doesn't add to the leftmost number, but instead adds an additional untyped damage proc similar to bloodletting or maiming. (As in, not multiplied by crits.) Also, at least half the numbers were against those fiendish spiders.

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Pretty sure favored damage doesn't add to the leftmost number, but instead adds an additional untyped damage proc similar to bloodletting or maiming. (As in, not multiplied by crits.) Also, at least half the numbers were against those fiendish spiders.
    LMAO So you have never actually played your Tempest Trapmonkey build good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Grailhawk View Post
    LMAO So you have never actually played your Tempest Trapmonkey build good to know.
    I have, and when I attack favored enemies I get an additional untyped damage number on the right side of my damage numbers.

Odd all i can say is I've played a total of 5 Ranger Lives with 2 toones at Ranger 20+ for 5 years I've never seen an additional poc effect on a favored enemy that was not do to a bane weapon or such, and that the leftmost number is clearly higher.