Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334 LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by mrtreats View Post
    I have the same problems as you I think the new version is bad the one b4 it works fine for me
    Old version still crashes randomly, requires frequent saving. I hope the most recent didn't actually have a virus.

Default Latest version

I am not sure what is happening with the latest version, but it is having some issues. They are not virus related. Before I released it I ran it through https://www.virustotal.com and it came up clean. I have spent over 6 hours trying to figure out what has changed to cause these errors, program was working fine before I did a release, no it does not matter how I compile it, it is throwing a fit. It is time to get out the fine tooth comb. I will be taking version 4.37.101 off the release list for now.
    Main Characters Adarshae, Adenasenka, Nimithar Pyri and of Argonnessen
    Projects of Interest:
    ADARDDO

Default U4.37.102

I have fixed the major issues with the stability I hope. I have tested it on the PC I have available to me and made a couple of toons with it. It seems to be working faster than before. Fixed a couple of other errors that were reported will I was at it. I have run the program through VirusTotal without any errors.

As normal you can find the new update on Github (here)
    Projects of Interest:
    ADARDDO

The newest version seems to be working fine (finally) so far. No longer crashing every time upon trying to save.

Thank you for the update. I like hearing from people when issues get resolved.
    Projects of Interest:
    ADARDDO

Thanks for the update.

Sorry I didn't respond when you asked about race, I've been working a lot. Water Savant tree seems great now, tyvm.

Have a great holiday season everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by MalkavianX View Post
    and then dropped it like a burning kitten

Default new Tome Update

I will try to get the new tome update schedule in after Christmas, but hopefully before the new year. Was a surprise to me that they were doing this so did not plan ahead.
    Projects of Interest:
    ADARDDO

Default New Update

Life was kind to me and I was able to get the new update out today. This include the fixe for the Vistani Enhancements and the new Tome Schedule. As normal the release can be found on t GitHub LINK. Have a Merry Christmas to everyone that celebrates it. To all the rest of you have a Happy Holiday of your choosing.
    Projects of Interest:
    ADARDDO

One thing I've noticed is that if I build a Deep Gnome, it seems to save/load okay. However, after loading the saved file, if you check enhancements the Racial Tree now shows as a blank "Future Tree" with all points refunded. If you then go to level one and set the Iconic to reallocate the AP, the planner crashes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom.JonesJr View Post
    the new Tome Schedule
    Out of curiosity, do you plan to add feat exchanges to your planner?

I just added the new tome schedule to mine, which ended up being a little tricky in terms of Fred. Tomes don't apply at character creation, but Fred sees them as applying at level 1. (Dev confirmation) That means you can roll up a build with 11 strength, enter the world, buy and use a +2 strength tome, then exchange your level 1 feat with Power Attack. (Same idea if you TRed and already had the tomes.)

I already had feat exchanges with Fred in my planner so it was a minor issue to add this new tome logic, but then I realized that you could make an actual build that relies on doing this. Meaning it might be a worthwhile feature to simulate in a character planner.

Fair warning: Feat exchange logic substantially increases the complexity of prereq logic. It's a major headache. You might consider adding a partial feature, where you only allow immediate exchanges of level 1 feats.

Quote Originally Posted by BernieTime View Post
    One thing I've noticed is that if I build a Deep Gnome, it seems to save/load okay. However, after loading the saved file, if you check enhancements the Racial Tree now shows as a blank "Future Tree" with all points refunded. If you then go to level one and set the Iconic to reallocate the AP, the planner crashes.
    Thank you for the report, I believe I know the cause of this and will try to look at it this week.
    Projects of Interest:
    ADARDDO

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Out of curiosity, do you plan to add feat exchanges to your planner?

I just added the new tome schedule to mine, which ended up being a little tricky in terms of Fred. Tomes don't apply at character creation, but Fred sees them as applying at level 1. (Dev confirmation) That means you can roll up a build with 11 strength, enter the world, buy and use a +2 strength tome, then exchange your level 1 feat with Power Attack. (Same idea if you TRed and already had the tomes.)

I already had feat exchanges with Fred in my planner so it was a minor issue to add this new tome logic, but then I realized that you could make an actual build that relies on doing this. Meaning it might be a worthwhile feature to simulate in a character planner.

Fair warning: Feat exchange logic substantially increases the complexity of prereq logic. It's a major headache. You might consider adding a partial feature, where you only allow immediate exchanges of level 1 feats.
    Even thou this is possible with the game I am not sure if we will add it in Version 4 due to the way feats are currently tracked in the program. I may add a check box to allow the tome to be added at lvl one for feat selection, but will have to think about it.
    Projects of Interest:
    ADARDDO

Default Update 4.37.104

I have completed the fix for the Deep Gnome issues. As usual the release can be found on Github Link.

If you find any more issues please let me know.
    Projects of Interest:
    ADARDDO

Default Issues with program

I just downloaded the planner and when I launched it the first time it locked up my laptop that I had to do a forced hard boot to get out of it. When I logged back into my laptop tried again. Program loaded further along but did not fully load. Was able to close the program. Tried a third time and this time the program once again locked my laptop up again resulting in a forced hard boot once again.

Of note, when it happened the first time I tried to go to the task manager and then kill the process to try again. It gave an error that it could not load the service or something in regards to this, and this was caused due to the lock up. I am running windows 7 with service pack 1, using mozilla firefox. Downloaded it from the link in this thread.

Okay deleted all version on my laptop and downloaded it again after clearing all temp files from my laptop. Program fired up without incident, hoping it works fine all round. Did notice that it loaded incredibly fast so am very hopeful at this point.

Cheers

Okay so just finished using it over a long period of time and am happy with the way it is working. So much more faster and stable than the last release I had. Thanks for all the hard work you put into this.

Cheers
    Last edited by Greeka; 01-02-2018 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greeka View Post
    I just downloaded the planner and when I launched it the first time it locked up my laptop that I had to do a forced hard boot to get out of it. When I logged back into my laptop tried again. Program loaded further along but did not fully load. Was able to close the program. Tried a third time and this time the program once again locked my laptop up again resulting in a forced hard boot once again.

Of note, when it happened the first time I tried to go to the task manager and then kill the process to try again. It gave an error that it could not load the service or something in regards to this, and this was caused due to the lock up. I am running windows 7 with service pack 1, using mozilla firefox. Downloaded it from the link in this thread.

Okay deleted all version on my laptop and downloaded it again after clearing all temp files from my laptop. Program fired up without incident, hoping it works fine all round. Did notice that it loaded incredibly fast so am very hopeful at this point.

Cheers

Okay so just finished using it over a long period of time and am happy with the way it is working. So much more faster and stable than the last release I had. Thanks for all the hard work you put into this.

Cheers
    Glad to hear that things worked out for you. Hope you have a great new year and lots of luck planning your characters out.
    Projects of Interest:
    ADARDDO

Default Update 4.37.105

Released a minor update today to fix an issue that was preventing Racial AP from showing after the TR Button was used. Nothing else changed, but I wanted to get this fix out as my time can become limited and did not want to wait to long.

As with all the releases you can find them on Github here

Hope everyone as a Great year in DDO and RL.
    Projects of Interest:
    ADARDDO

Community Member

First time using this and its great!

minor bug report:
    When editing feats, if you right click on an empty feat slot program crashes. Seems to be repeatable.

Quote Originally Posted by scut207 View Post
    First time using this and its great!

minor bug report:
    When editing feats, if you right click on an empty feat slot program crashes. Seems to be repeatable.
    Glad to hear you enjoy the program. Lots of people have put there time into it over the years. I will add your bug report to the list over on Github and check it out. Seams like a fixable problem.
    Projects of Interest:
    ADARDDO

Default Mac?

Any chance y'all have created a mac version in the years I've been away?

Quote Originally Posted by Kindoki View Post
    Any chance y'all have created a mac version in the years I've been away?
    Sorry no Mac version.
    Projects of Interest:
    ADARDDO

Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334 LastLast