Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tom.JonesJr View Post
    So, my verdict is that unless we can come up with a list of more than just these 2 spells that fit the description of are now learned spells. I will wait till after the Bard pass to make a final decision on how to add these 2 spell to the spell list. Sorry if this is an inconvenience.
    The ones I can think of:

Warchanter Tier 1: Enchant Weapon
    Enchant Weapons is added to your spellbook as level 1 Bard spell.

Divine Disciple cores
    The 3rd, 4th and 5th cores each add a new spell to your spellbook, either light or dark depending on which path you choose. The capstone adds all the other spells to your spellbook, the ones from the path you didn't choose. The capstone also adds Word of Balance to your spellbook regardless of path.

None of these reflect inscription decisions, though, so it wouldn't make sense to include them since your planner only manages spell inscriptions, not spell slotting. (The opposite of my planner, but my planner doesn't include them either. I maybe should, come to thik of it.)

In the past the planner has been a tool to help players make the right in game choices not necessarily print a full list of all traits a character will have.
    I very much agree with this philosophy, as evidenced by how my planner works. It's also why I've argued in the past that the DDO Character Planner shouldn't include things like hit point totals or effective skill ranks. The totals are misleading without gear and destinies, and for skill ranks in particular the only meaningful way to measure a build's skills is to see how many trained ranks you spend during levelup.

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    The ones I can think of:
    I very much agree with this philosophy, as evidenced by how my planner works. It's also why I've argued in the past that the DDO Character Planner shouldn't include things like hit point totals or effective skill ranks. The totals are misleading without gear and destinies, and for skill ranks in particular the only meaningful way to measure a build's skills is to see how many trained ranks you spend during levelup.
    I agree that is why the long term goal is to add the Destinies and some form of Gear planner ( not sure what this will look like yet).
    Main Characters Adarshae, Adenasenka, Nimithar Pyri and of Argonnessen
    Projects of Interest:
    ADARDDO

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council
    2017-2021 PC Member

The question I have is will they still be learned spells after the bard pass which will be soon. I would hate to spend several hours to get these 2 spells added to the list just to have to remove them in a couple of months.
    Well, Heal & Wail have been part of the SS capstone since at least MotU when the new Enhancement system came out (maybe before with the old system, I really don't know, my gal was a Virtuoso); I can't really see them removing them without a LOT of uproar.

Also, there's going to be a bard pass? That's news to me. Kind of surprising since they (relatively) recently got one with Swashbuckler, and FvS, druids, and artis are all still missing a third tree.
    "Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiosity was framed."
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by LrdSlvrhnd View Post
    Well, Heal & Wail have been part of the SS capstone since at least MotU when the new Enhancement system came out (maybe before with the old system, I really don't know, my gal was a Virtuoso); I can't really see them removing them without a LOT of uproar.
    Shadowfell, not MotU, but your point stands. Shadowfell was four years ago.

Maybe I am mistaken about the Bard pass. I was not thinking that they would remove but maybe change them to SLA to match other enhancements that have gotten spells.

I will think about how I will try to add them into the program.
    Projects of Interest:
    ADARDDO

I'm thinking about trying to write import and export routines in Character Builder Lite for porting builds between the planners. To that end, I'm setting up my Kensei Warpriest build in your planner as a base to work with. Doing that, I have some feedback:

- Love the new screens: Skills, Stats and Feats. Nice!
    - It doesn't let me choose a Cleric 6 Deity Feat. There's no feat slot to choose anything.
    - The Tactical Training feat "line" (fighter bonus feats) is misspelled as "Tacticle"

The first line of your saved build files is a version number. I did a quick test of deleting the line and the build seemed to load fine. I can just ignore that line when exporting a file to the DDO Character Planner format, yes?

One thing that isn't immediately obvious to me are the feat line numbers. The first is clearly the level that feat is taken, but the second eludes me. My test build took Power Attack, Least Dragonmark and Cleave as the three feats at level 1, in order from left to right on the slots. So at first I figured the second number was just the slot number for that level:

Power Attack, 1, 1,
    Least Dragonmark of Passage, 1, 2,
    Cleave, 1, 3,

But once out of heroics, the second number seems to mean something else:

Tacticle Master, 21, 1,
    Epic: Overwhelming Critical, 24, 1,
    Primal Sphere: Perfect Two Weapon Fighting, 26, 18,
    Heavy Armor Master, 27, 1,
    Primal Sphere: Perfect Two Handed Fighting, 28, 18,
    Martial Sphere: Dire Charge, 29, 18,
    Tacticle Combatant, 30, 1,
    Scion of Arborea, 30, 20,

Do I just set that second number to 1 for all epic slots, 18 for all destiny slots and 20 for the legendary slot?

Feat order in the file doesn't matter, right?

Cool

I had a quick look at it, the 5th lvl 3 spell is added at lvl 18. I was able to add it without any issue. If you are still having a problem let me know maybe you can send me a copy of your build file and I can look at it and see what I see.

As for the auto granted spells I am not sure if any of the enhancements grant the spells at this time, this will be some thing I will have to look at. In the past the planner has been a tool to help players make the right in game choices not necessarily print a full list of all traits a character will have. That is why Paladin, Ranger, Druid, and Clerics do not have spell choices. They can pick any spell at any time and it is not dependent on what spell is in their "spell book". Granted they do have to jump through their own special hoopes, but they are not limited by the spells that they have encountered. Also when the program was originally design there was no such thing as SLA.

I do think it might be possible to add these in, but it will definitely require some thought and some programing to do it.
    I don't know what went wrong, but apparently I had to delete all things related to your Character planner, and install the newest version once more..... And lo and behold, now it works, I can get all my spells.
    But as a side note: I noticed something that might or might not be related to the issue: the spell list for lvl 6 bard spells includes: "Mass Charm Monster", and "Charm Monster, Mass"......

Anyways thank you for the time and effort you guys have put into the planner.
    Guild Leader of Ex Deus - The jolly band of Danes and Americans, who live and play in constant denial of timezones and sleep.
    Current toons on Khyber : Marhen ; Rorscharch ; Malfares ; Cyriandes ; Shamsi-Adad ; Asurbanipal ; Asurnasirpal ;

Having gone through every feat in both our planners, I now have a lookup table for selectable feats to convert between our formats. Doing this uncovered issues with both our data files:

DDO Character Planner
    • Abundant step has field name "FFEATNAME:" (two "f"s)
    • Onatar's Forge is misspelled "Ontar's Forge"
    • Missing: Epic Skills (trainable as an epic feat, repeatable)
    • Missing: Primal Sphere: Wind through the trees (ML29, 3 primal destinies)
    • Missing: Divine Sphere: Epic Spell Power: Positive
    • Bug: Monk Forms feats didn't appear to be properly selectable (Had to pick a subfeat, and then it didn't slot and disappeared from choices list)
    • Question: Can you take multiple Epic Spell Powers of same element by taking them from different spheres? (Thought they were once only regardless of sphere.)

Don't feel bad, though, I was right there with you:

Character Builder Lite
    • Spell Focus: Divination isn't a thing
    • Greater Spell Focus: Divination isn't a thing
    • Epic Spell Focus: Divination isn't a thing
    • Martial Weapon: Composite Shortbow isn't a thing
    • Missing: Improved Damage Reduction
    • Missing: Skill Focus: Heal

Unfortunately I can't really do anything about the divination focus and composite shortbow proficiency feats without potentially messing up existing builds, so those phantom selectors are here to stay.

Having gone through every feat in both our planners, I now have a lookup table for selectable feats to convert between our formats. Doing this uncovered issues with both our data files:

DDO Character Planner
    • Abundant step has field name "FFEATNAME:" (two "f"s)
    • Onatar's Forge is misspelled "Ontar's Forge"
    • Missing: Epic Skills (trainable as an epic feat, repeatable)
    • Missing: Primal Sphere: Wind through the trees (ML29, 3 primal destinies)
    • Missing: Divine Sphere: Epic Spell Power: Positive
    • Bug: Monk Forms feats didn't appear to be properly selectable (Had to pick a subfeat, and then it didn't slot and disappeared from choices list)
    • Question: Can you take multiple Epic Spell Powers of same element by taking them from different spheres? (Thought they were once only regardless of sphere.)

Don't feel bad, though, I was right there with you:

Character Builder Lite
    • Spell Focus: Divination isn't a thing
    • Greater Spell Focus: Divination isn't a thing
    • Epic Spell Focus: Divination isn't a thing
    • Martial Weapon: Composite Shortbow isn't a thing
    • Missing: Improved Damage Reduction
    • Missing: Skill Focus: Heal

Unfortunately I can't really do anything about the divination focus and composite shortbow proficiency feats without potentially messing up existing builds, so those phantom selectors are here to stay.
    Thank you for the work. I will have to work on fixing them. I think most of mine can be fixed the monk one bothers me as I have thought I had that fixed many times over. You might have to put a check in for the Divination and Composite to invalidate the selection on prior builds. We had to do that to allow old builds to still load for a few items.
    Projects of Interest:
    ADARDDO

Thank you for the work. I will have to work on fixing them. I think most of mine can be fixed the monk one bothers me as I have thought I had that fixed many times over.
    Same deal for me and skill focus: heal, which I clearly remember fixing twice before.

You might have to put a check in for the Divination and Composite to invalidate the selection on prior builds. We had to do that to allow old builds to still load for a few items.
    My build files up to now haven't stored subfeat names, only numbers. So someone taking Spell Focus: Necromancy will show "Spell Focus 7" in their build file. If I removed Divination from the list, "Spell Focus 7" would then point to Transmutation instead of Necromancy. Same deal for composite shortbow, which is near the beginning of the sizable list of martial weapons.

I did find a band-aid solution, though: I added a "Hide" flag for subfeats. So while they're still in there, and will actually still display in output or on the feats screen if someone made a build that actually took them it works fine, but for everyone else they just don't appear in the list.

I blame this page and this page for these issues, as those are the pages I used when setting up those feats. Yeah, that's the ticket! Blame wiki! hehheh.

I'm thinking about trying to write import and export routines in Character Builder Lite for porting builds between the planners. To that end, I'm setting up my Kensei Warpriest build in your planner as a base to work with. Doing that, I have some feedback:

- Love the new screens: Skills, Stats and Feats. Nice!
    - It doesn't let me choose a Cleric 6 Deity Feat. There's no feat slot to choose anything.
    - The Tactical Training feat "line" (fighter bonus feats) is misspelled as "Tacticle"

The first line of your saved build files is a version number. I did a quick test of deleting the line and the build seemed to load fine. I can just ignore that line when exporting a file to the DDO Character Planner format, yes?

One thing that isn't immediately obvious to me are the feat line numbers. The first is clearly the level that feat is taken, but the second eludes me. My test build took Power Attack, Least Dragonmark and Cleave as the three feats at level 1, in order from left to right on the slots. So at first I figured the second number was just the slot number for that level:

Power Attack, 1, 1,
    Least Dragonmark of Passage, 1, 2,
    Cleave, 1, 3,

But once out of heroics, the second number seems to mean something else:

Tacticle Master, 21, 1,
    Epic: Overwhelming Critical, 24, 1,
    Primal Sphere: Perfect Two Weapon Fighting, 26, 18,
    Heavy Armor Master, 27, 1,
    Primal Sphere: Perfect Two Handed Fighting, 28, 18,
    Martial Sphere: Dire Charge, 29, 18,
    Tacticle Combatant, 30, 1,
    Scion of Arborea, 30, 20,

Do I just set that second number to 1 for all epic slots, 18 for all destiny slots and 20 for the legendary slot?

Feat order in the file doesn't matter, right?
    We do look at the Version Number if it is there as we did have some prior versions that need special care when loading, but if it is not present we do not fail the load we try to load with the current version in place.

The second number would be meaning less to you outside of the program as it is the Feat Acquire Type in integer form. We have a list of Acquire types (ie Featautomatic, FeatCharacter, FeathumanBonus ...) and this is the index of where the type falls within the list.

Ok, question on the level 6 deity feat for Clerics is the Feat choice limited to only the Level 6 feat from your religion or can it be the level 3 or the level 6 feat. The way the Character Planner is currently working is that this feat is currently autogranted based on your selected deity and the level 6 feat.
    Last edited by Tom.JonesJr; 09-25-2017 at 03:30 PM.
    Projects of Interest:
    ADARDDO

Ok, question on the level 6 deity feat for Clerics is the Feat choice limited to only the Level 6 feat from your religion or can it be the level 3 or the level 6 feat. The way the Character Planner is currently working is that this feat is currently autogranted based on your selected deity and the level 6 feat.
    Clerics and Paladins can take the Child Of feat instead of the deity ability feat at level 6 if they want. For most melee builds that choose a deity for the weapon choice, they're better off with the Child Of than the deity ability.

Note that Child Of feats can also be taken as regular feats. You could take both Child Of and deity ability as your two level 6 feats, for example. (Favored Souls must take all deity feats at all deity bonus feat levels, of course.)

The second number would be meaning less to you outside of the program as it is the Feat Acquire Type in integer form. We have a list of Acquire types (ie Featautomatic, FeatCharacter, FeathumanBonus ...) and this is the index of where the type falls within the list.
    Those are relevant for both importing and exporting for me. Could you post a list of the possible types and the values that correspond to them?

Ok, I had to know for myself so I did a test build. Lets use Silver Flame for an Example. At Level 1 we pick Follower of the Silver Flame. At Level 3 we could pick Child of the Silver Flame, but not required. At Level 6 we only have a choice of Silver Flame Exorcism.

A prior designer decided that you really do not have a choice on this and should have the feat auto granted instead of having to hunt through the list to find the one magic item to fill the slot. I for one do not disagree, but it does not follow with the in game choices, which was always the purpose of the Character Planner. I do not think this is the first time some one has had this type of issue come up. I might have to go through and change the code so that it does not auto grant this feat for the different classes.
    Projects of Interest:
    ADARDDO

Ok, I had to know for myself so I did a test build. Lets use Silver Flame for an Example. At Level 1 we pick Follower of the Silver Flame. At Level 3 we could pick Child of the Silver Flame, but not required. At Level 6 we only have a choice of Silver Flame Exorcism.
    That sounds like a favored soul.

Try a paladin, taking Follower Of at 1 and Child Of as your level 6 bonus feat.

EDIT: Testing now, I stand corrected. You can take it as a regular feat, but not the level 6 deity feat.

I think I figured out what was happening to the Monk forms. Currently the forms are a Parent as well as a feat, so when you select the form the feat becomes just a heading instead of appearing like a standard feat. I think I have found a solution to this after looking at the in game feat list on one of my monks. They now have a parent of Monk Feats. If I add this parent to all Monk Feats including the forms that will take care of the issue. Will just require some text editing I think.
    Projects of Interest:
    ADARDDO

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council
    2017-2021 PC Member

I blame this page and this page for these issues, as those are the pages I used when setting up those feats. Yeah, that's the ticket! Blame wiki! hehheh.
    I don't know WHAT you're talking about! There's nothing on those pages that would lead to anyone thinking Spell Focus: Divination or Martial Weapons: Composite Shortbow were possibly a thing!

....now.
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

Community Member DeathbringerGod's Avatar

Question Problem with memory loss ?

I downloaded on my laptop the latest release and when opening i get an advise/error message telling me that I have memory loss

My laptop is:

Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    CPU
    Intel Core i5 3230M @ 2.60GHz 39 °C
    Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology

RAM
    6.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)

Graphics
    2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M (Acer Incorporated [ALI]) 38 °C
    ForceWare version: 384.94

Storage
    698GB Western Digital WDC WD7500BPVT-22HXZT3 (SATA) 31 °C
    KHYBER Server * Member of "La Hoja y La Llama" Guild
    Velhaart [2nd Life] (lv 4 Human Fighter), Deathbrngr [2nd Life] (lv 4 Drow Fighter), Shinigammi (lv 30 Drow Monk), Kriegwolf (lv 30 Dwarf Barbarian), Panzerdeath (lv 30 Warforged Fighter), Edvaard (lv 30 Human Paladin), Thengwar (lv 30 Drow Bard), Aorlhac (lv 30 Half-Orc Fighter),
    Tuomass
    (lv 30 Human Druid), Scythelord (lv 30 Human Wizard), Xeerloth (lv 30 Warforged Artificer), Aldahr (lv 30 Shadar-Kai Rogue),
    Krieglord (lv 30 Bladeforged Paladin), Edarim (Lv 30 Sun Elf Cleric), Ianvenn (lv 30 Half-Elf Ranger), Chrometank (lv 30 Warforged Wizard),
    Erwynd
    (lv 7 Human Favored Soul), Naghaar (lv 7 Drow Warlock), Elleak (lv 7 Gnome Rogue)

ARGONNESSEN Server * Officer of "Celestial Knights" Guild
    Edvaard
    (lv 30 Human Fighter), Panzertank (lv 30 Bladeforged Monk/Warlock/Paladin), Deathbringrr (lv 30 Human Barbarian),
    Elkyrd
    (lv 30 Drow Warlock) Edverth (lv 30 Dwarf Fighter) & 15 more...

Hope you got a screen shot for your proof. Always good to see things fixed in the community sites.
    Projects of Interest:
    ADARDDO

Community Member DeathbringerGod's Avatar

Question

Here is a screenshot of my issue

https://i.imgur.com/2RNF3wK.png
    Last edited by DeathbringerGod; 09-25-2017 at 07:22 PM.
    KHYBER Server * Member of "La Hoja y La Llama" Guild
    Velhaart [2nd Life] (lv 4 Human Fighter), Deathbrngr [2nd Life] (lv 4 Drow Fighter), Shinigammi (lv 30 Drow Monk), Kriegwolf (lv 30 Dwarf Barbarian), Panzerdeath (lv 30 Warforged Fighter), Edvaard (lv 30 Human Paladin), Thengwar (lv 30 Drow Bard), Aorlhac (lv 30 Half-Orc Fighter),
    Tuomass
    (lv 30 Human Druid), Scythelord (lv 30 Human Wizard), Xeerloth (lv 30 Warforged Artificer), Aldahr (lv 30 Shadar-Kai Rogue),
    Krieglord (lv 30 Bladeforged Paladin), Edarim (Lv 30 Sun Elf Cleric), Ianvenn (lv 30 Half-Elf Ranger), Chrometank (lv 30 Warforged Wizard),
    Erwynd
    (lv 7 Human Favored Soul), Naghaar (lv 7 Drow Warlock), Elleak (lv 7 Gnome Rogue)

ARGONNESSEN Server * Officer of "Celestial Knights" Guild
    Edvaard
    (lv 30 Human Fighter), Panzertank (lv 30 Bladeforged Monk/Warlock/Paladin), Deathbringrr (lv 30 Human Barbarian),
    Elkyrd
    (lv 30 Drow Warlock) Edverth (lv 30 Dwarf Fighter) & 15 more...

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council
    2017-2021 PC Member

Hope you got a screen shot for your proof. Always good to see things fixed in the community sites.
    Just need to check the History for proof *g*
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 ... LastLast