Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Yep. This is a big part of the reason why we decided to rebuild the planner from the ground up. For as long as I can remember, every time there was a game update, we'd have to recode huge chunks of the planner to add stuff we hadn't designed for. We needed a new code base that was much more flexible and wouldn't break every time there was a game update. I think we are achieving that.
    and this is actually great news. i am so glad you guys are doing this. i am sure it will make it easier to maintain and even hand on should the need arise.

again, thanks for all the work you all do on this.

Just wanted to drop a note thanking you for how easy you made this version to customize ourselves. I just put together a new enhancement loadout for my kensei warpriest, and instead of downloading the updated version I just went into the enhancement file of the planner I already have and manually swapped the second and third cores in stalwart defender. Two minutes later I was up and running without issue.

I know this ability has been in it forever, but I just wanted to say again, great work.

Community Member

is there a way to add harper to each class and just adding an antirequsite to prevent duplications

Anyone else getting the "DDOCharGen42301\DDOCharGen.exe is not a valid Win32 application." message when trying to launch the the planner? If so, have you found a work around for it? If you have found a way to fix this, care to share?

Thanks in advance.

Malkav

P.S. Is there anywhere I can download previous versions? The last one I have is v4.19.02. I'd like to try any version between that and the current one (that I can't get to work). Thanks!
    Last edited by MalkavianX; 10-28-2014 at 08:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by grodon9999 View Post
    This game has been such an absurd grind that I’d rather stick my junk in a beehive than make another toon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    An expansion . .. with a set of packs for each plane to come out every month or two . . . it'll be like crack to Whitney Houston.

Quote Originally Posted by MalkavianX View Post
    Anyone else getting the "DDOCharGen42301\DDOCharGen.exe is not a valid Win32 application." message when trying to launch the the planner? If so, have you found a work around for it? If you have found a way to fix this, care to share?

Thanks in advance.

Malkav

P.S. Is there anywhere I can download previous versions? The last one I have is v4.19.02. I'd like to try any version between that and the current one (that I can't get to work). Thanks!
    The most recent version before the current is here:

http://www.rjcyberware.com/DDO/DDOCharGen42002.zip

That's a direct link. There is no web page for it. See if that works for you. We will try and get a fixed version of the planner up soon for you guys on WinXP.
    The locus of my identity is totally exterior to me.
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

Community Member

Copying the DDOCharGen.exe file from 4.2002 into the folder for 4.2301 also works.

Community Member

Default enh/skill adjusting

V5 - if you are not level centric anymore, then it is probably a moot point. Thank you for listening!

My previous (favored) method of figuring out enhancements was the web-site that let me assign all 80-points and then sort the order so then I could figure out what to take next. Then Turbine made trees... I do not really care about levels, the sequence of assigning in-game gets confusing unless I have predetermined a sequence ahead of time. (Is trying to explain even more confusing?)

And skills... given a limited source, with restrictions, how many goals can achieved?
    Even more fun with multi-class: source and restrictions change with class and again where the class is slotted...

Looking forward to playing with your alpha!

Community Member

Norton antivirus does not like the character planner. Thinks it must be malware because it doesn't have enough "reputation". Its not just DDO that has elitests.
    The blinking Drooam "backpack" is NOT a party buff. But its fun to say it is.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon.Star View Post
    You can now download version 4.23.1 Here.
    Paladin Sacred Defender. Started a pure pally from scratch, and started assigning (all) enhancements at L20.
    For some reason, I cannot pick up Redemption (4th core enh) which should only require L12 Pally & 20 AP spent in tree.

Is there a quickfix or work around for this?

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by LostGamer View Post
    Paladin Sacred Defender. Started a pure pally from scratch, and started assigning (all) enhancements at L20.
    For some reason, I cannot pick up Redemption (4th core enh) which should only require L12 Pally & 20 AP spent in tree.

Is there a quickfix or work around for this?

Thank you!
    Hello! I had the same problem but fixed it. Find the EnhancementFile.txt and search for Redemption.
    This is how it should read:

NAME: Redemption;
    TREE: Sacred Defender (Pal);
    LEVEL: 0;
    SLOT: 3;
    RANKS: 1;
    TYPE: Passive;
    COST: 1;
    DESC1: The following spells are added to the Paladin spell list: \par Level 2: Raise Dead \par Level 3: Resurrection \par Level 4: True Resurrection \par Passive: You gain +5 to Physical and Magial Resistance Rating.;
    REQ1: EH: Divine Righteousness [0-2-1];
    ICON: SCDF_Redemption;

I think that the REQ read [0-3-1] in there before... I changed it to [0-2-1] and that did the trick.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lacunaephage View Post
    REQ1: EH: Divine Righteousness [0-2-1];
    Thank you very much!! That did indeed fix it!

Community Member

Hello,

Thanks for this useful program. I am waiting for next version 5.xxx

Good luck !!!

Edit : Will you add a pdf export files in futur update ?
    Last edited by Rhunellin; 11-28-2014 at 09:22 AM.

Community Member

Any updates on v5? This program is seriously useful and I'm really hoping that it'll be finished soon.

Quote Originally Posted by WatcherCCG View Post
    Any updates on v5? This program is seriously useful and I'm really hoping that it'll be finished soon.
    What he said + Where do we send the Doritos and Mountain Dew?

Quote Originally Posted by Lacunaephage View Post
    What he said + Where do we send the Doritos and Mountain Dew?
    Development on version 5 kind of waxes and wanes depending on our RL schedules. I have a lot of things going on, which is why I gave the project over to Dragon. But I have been putting in time where I can. My personal project was to get tomes into the system as a database item along with a data input screen to actually add tomes into the database, which I completed (just have to finish up the remaining data input for that). Then I have to integrate that data system into the code that drives the tome screen (which right now is hard-coded in terms of data), and then also into the past life screen.

Dragon right now is working on the interface screens for feat selection. Additionally, he did the data input screens for enhancements (which is probably the most complex of all data input to do, other than maybe equipment).

BlackDae is working hard on data input. She has done ALL the feats, and is currently working her way through the enhancement screens, one tree at a time. She has put in a TON of work, probably more than me and Dragon have put in. Data input is a very tedious task, and I'm continually amazed at her dedication to the project. Dragon and I have tried to give her every tool we can to make that job easier (which will have benefits for you guys if you end up using the data input systems). But even so, at the end of the day, you have to type in all that stuff manually, and it's a lot of hard work. She is doing an absolutely fabulous job.

Anyway, our feeling has always been that once I have the past life screens done and Dragon has the feat selection screens done (at at least a basic level), we're going to do a public Alpha and let y'all take the program for a spin. Many things won't be working at that point, but a lot of the backbone of the program will be (at that point we ought to be able to just tack stuff on to the existing code without disrupting the existing codebase too much). So it will be a good opportunity to get some outside input and see what you guys think.

So yeah, that's where things are at with the new version.
    The locus of my identity is totally exterior to me.
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

Community Member

And that sounds pretty awesome, though I get the feeling it won't be ready til next year. Thanks for keeping us up to date.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Development on version 5 kind of waxes and wanes depending on our RL schedules. I have a lot of things going on, which is why I gave the project over to Dragon. But I have been putting in time where I can. My personal project was to get tomes into the system as a database item along with a data input screen to actually add tomes into the database, which I completed (just have to finish up the remaining data input for that). Then I have to integrate that data system into the code that drives the tome screen (which right now is hard-coded in terms of data), and then also into the past life screen.

Dragon right now is working on the interface screens for feat selection. Additionally, he did the data input screens for enhancements (which is probably the most complex of all data input to do, other than maybe equipment).

BlackDae is working hard on data input. She has done ALL the feats, and is currently working her way through the enhancement screens, one tree at a time. She has put in a TON of work, probably more than me and Dragon have put in. Data input is a very tedious task, and I'm continually amazed at her dedication to the project. Dragon and I have tried to give her every tool we can to make that job easier (which will have benefits for you guys if you end up using the data input systems). But even so, at the end of the day, you have to type in all that stuff manually, and it's a lot of hard work. She is doing an absolutely fabulous job.

Anyway, our feeling has always been that once I have the past life screens done and Dragon has the feat selection screens done (at at least a basic level), we're going to do a public Alpha and let y'all take the program for a spin. Many things won't be working at that point, but a lot of the backbone of the program will be (at that point we ought to be able to just tack stuff on to the existing code without disrupting the existing codebase too much). So it will be a good opportunity to get some outside input and see what you guys think.

So yeah, that's where things are at with the new version.
    Thanks for the update! I really appreciate the work that has gone into this, and have used the planner for years now.

Community Member

I.... Can't... wait....

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by dondaley View Post
    I.... Can't... wait....
    Me neither, thanks to the whole team for working so hard on it.

Community Member

Default Mac

Is this program compatible with Mac? If so how? I tried to download this but my Mac will not allow me to open or run it. I need it cuz I am trying to build a Rogue/Ranger Assassin, but need a little bit of help doing so.

Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast