Page 1 of 34 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Character Planner - Series 4.xx

Alright. I'm told that since we went to Major Version 4, we should start a new thread. Fair enough. Welcome to the Character Planner Series 4 thread! I'm going to ask the mods to close down the other thread.

[EDIT: New location of the planner here]
    https://github.com/DDOCharPlanner/DD...nerV4/releases
    Last edited by Ron; 03-03-2017 at 02:09 PM. Reason: Locatoni Moved
    The locus of my identity is totally exterior to me.
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

Community Member whereispowderedsilve's Avatar

Default Love you guys! -- Thanks a bunch! Keep up the great work!

Love you guys! -- Thanks a bunch! Keep up the great work! 3 cheers! :P! ! HOORAY! WOOHOO! YAY! :P! ! !

/tongue in cheek Perhaps Turbine can take a page out of your playbook on how to fix bugs permanently & in a timely manner/fashion? (Oops did I type that out loud? Haha!)

Anyways I digress, this is super awesome!!!!!!!
    http://dillonpfaff5.wix.com/theob Sign this!!!: http://goo.gl/vS6htg

DDO toll free support phone#: 855-WBGAMES (855-924-2637)

awesome!
    Kill'em all and let their favorite deity sort'em out
    BoloGrubb / DJGrubb / Gijo
    Proud member of the HighLords of Malkier

Awesome work as always guys! Thanks a million for everything you guys do

Stoner81.

Community Member

Thank you Ron and the Team.

Keep up the good work.

Top work, man.

My wife is also happy that I can now go back to sitting in a cafe and drinking coffee playing around with this new version on my netbook while she "just has a quick look" in every clothes shop she passes .....

Community Member

Absolutely superb! Thank you so very much for this

Default I concur, excellent job to you guys!!

I also wanted to take just a second to concur with what everybody else has said that is a great tool!! Ron and crew, you guys did a wonderful job with a complicated set of changes and this tool is greatly appreciated!!

Hey all

For anyone trying to load a 4.19.1 saved file that had Pale Master enhancements chosen, you will need to modify your saved text file to have it load correctly.
    Just change any instance of "Palemaster" to "Pale Master".

Sorry for this Inconvenience.

Ron, maybe we can put this in the OP under Known issues .
    Guild: Ghallanda Rerolled
    Artamax - Cleandeath - Cleanup - Dragonbound - Draykon - Gully - Magestic - Tinbucket
    DDO Character Planner (Stable: Version 04.20.02) , Version 04.23.1 - Planner 5.0 Interface Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon.Star View Post
    Hey all

For anyone trying to load a 4.19.1 saved file that had Pale Master enhancements chosen, you will need to modify your saved text file to have it load correctly.
    Just change any instance of "Palemaster" to "Pale Master".

Sorry for this Inconvenience.

Ron, maybe we can put this in the OP under Known issues .
    Okay, done.
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

Community Member

Bug: Got "Epic Skills" as a free feat at level 21 and "Epic Will" at level 27, also...

thank you guys so much, truly remarkable work

one request, could you perhaps brighten up the enhancement trees?
    they are uncomfortably dark / red, especially when compared with the rest of the character planner's graphics, which are great and very easy on the eyes

thanks again for all your work, greatly appreciated

--- edit
    also found the following bugs:
    • epic toughness doesn't require the toughness feat.
    • From wiki, human fighting style: Ambidexterity: You gain +1 to hit when dual-wielding or fighting unarmed. Tier 2: Also gains +1% Dodge. Tier 3: Also gains +1 damage.
      currently in the planner listed as granting +1/+2/+3 to hit
    • burden of sin from warpriest tree showing up as 5/10/15%, wiki lists it as 15/30/45%
    Last edited by Lauf; 10-03-2013 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WeberCC View Post
    Bug: Got "Epic Skills" as a free feat at level 21 and "Epic Will" at level 27, also...
    Epic Skills is working correct to the best of my knowledge, On live it is autogranted.

Epic Will haas been fixed for the next version 4.19.03, thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Lauf View Post
    thank you guys so much, truly remarkable work

one request, could you perhaps brighten up the enhancement trees?
    they are uncomfortably dark / red, especially when compared with the rest of the character planner's graphics, which are great and very easy on the eyes

thanks again for all your work, greatly appreciated

--- edit
    also found the following bugs:
    • epic toughness doesn't require the toughness feat.
    • From wiki, human fighting style: Ambidexterity: You gain +1 to hit when dual-wielding or fighting unarmed. Tier 2: Also gains +1% Dodge. Tier 3: Also gains +1 damage.
      currently in the planner listed as granting +1/+2/+3 to hit
    • burden of sin from warpriest tree showing up as 5/10/15%, wiki lists it as 15/30/45%
    I've fixed this Enhancement for the next version 4.19.03

As for your darkness issue, can you provide a screenshot showing what you are considering to be dark/red.
    Guild: Ghallanda Rerolled
    Artamax - Cleandeath - Cleanup - Dragonbound - Draykon - Gully - Magestic - Tinbucket
    DDO Character Planner (Stable: Version 04.20.02) , Version 04.23.1 - Planner 5.0 Interface Discussion

EDIT: Nevermind, I didn't do my research.

(Epic Skills is both a trainable epic feat AND it's auto-granted every epic level.)

The Hatchery
    2014 & 2016 DDO Players Council

Awesome work, once again
    DDO: If a problem cannot be solved by the application of DPS, you're not applying enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon.Star View Post
    As for your darkness issue, can you provide a screenshot showing what you are considering to be dark/red.

to my eyes those trees seem much darker than the normal UI (the white over light grey, easy to look at):

just throwing ideas here, but this may be solvable by moving most of the red borders into the text of the enhancement (as with feats) and keeping the unelectable greyed out. maybe changing the background colors behind the trees, or brightening up the icons themselves... idk, just spit balling.

whatever you can do to make it easier to look at would be appreciated, as I spend quite a bit of time doing just that

I know I've said it before but I can't say it enough - thank you all for your continued efforts in making this planner.

to my eyes those trees seem much darker than the normal UI (the white over light grey, easy to look at):

just throwing ideas here, but this may be solvable by moving most of the red borders into the text of the enhancement (as with feats) and keeping the unelectable greyed out. maybe changing the background colors behind the trees, or brightening up the icons themselves... idk, just spit balling.

whatever you can do to make it easier to look at would be appreciated, as I spend quite a bit of time doing just that

I know I've said it before but I can't say it enough - thank you all for your continued efforts in making this planner.
    Those graphics are off of screenshots from the game itself. There isn't really anything we can do about it. It's what the game is giving us.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Those graphics are off of screenshots from the game itself. There isn't really anything we can do about it. It's what the game is giving us.
    was afraid that was the case ... thank you just the same

was afraid that was the case ... thank you just the same
    Heya Lauf, don't give up yet!

the way your screen shows you colors, brightness and contrast depend mostly on two things:
    - The screen settings (the ones you can fiddle using the screen buttons / dials)
    - The display calibration software.

Now, you might think: "I got no display calibration software, what the heck is that anyway?"
    In fact, you do have. There's a monitor profile that is installed when you install a monitor (we usually toss to trash that CD that comes with the monitor, I know I do).
    If you don't install it, Windows puts in a default profile - which can work out ok, or not so (colors being tinted yellowish, blueish, too dark, not enough contrast, etc).

You can calibrate your screen easily: if you have Windows system, you can search for "calibration" on the search line, and pick "Calibrate Display Color"

It will lauch a wizard, that lets your select the best look based on your intuitive input - it's not perfect, but should improve your white/black point, and maybe remove some color cast (sometimes, you think you're seeing white, until someone shows your real white).

I hope this helps you.

Carry on.
    Last edited by ddo.rsmo.pt; 10-04-2013 at 07:26 AM. Reason: typo
    ~ Gaeryus (Sor9/Wiz7/Fvs4) Firebrand ~ ~ Phlegma (12Fgt/6Rog/2Pal)(L13)(eTR2) van Moyst ~
    ~ Hakashe (Pal14/Monk6)(L3)Nurigatu ~ ~ Koergan (Cle17/Brb2/Fgt1)Flamebeard ~
    Ex-Captain of the Flying Funk ~ ~ Ascent ~ ~ Epic Farming Videos ~ ~ New and Exciting Bugs

Page 1 of 34 1234511 ... LastLast