Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up Give us Ed Greenwood!!!

We've been brought into the Forgotten Realms. We've met Elminster. Now give us the man who created both!

Is there any way we can get Ed Greenwood to possibly create a short adventure (maybe 3 dungeons? (Obviously I'm not asking we toss Ed behind a keyboard and have him whip us up a dungeon or two, but I think the devs could manage to translate a written adventure to the game.)) and narrate them?

We already have Gygax narrating Delera's and Arneson narrating Threnal; I think Mr. Greenwood would be a perfect addition to the 'guest DM' roster, especially now that we're playing with the realm he created.
    DDO Player since 2006. Lifetime VIP. Originally from Lhazaar; Now residing on Ghallanda.
    Check my (far from complete) DDO walkthrough videos at Youtube.com/Velluminous

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Thumbs down

Please no and let's go back to Eberron or let's go to greyhawk anything but get us out of the better they were forgotten realms!

Beware the Sleepeater

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    Please no and let's go back to Eberron or let's go to greyhawk anything but get us out of the better they were forgotten realms!
    They're clearly focusing on Forgotten Realms right now. The Shadowfell expansion is expanding the FR universe even more. I seriously doubt we'll see another realm (Greyhawk/Ravenloft/Dark Sun/etc) any time soon, if even at all. And since people are playing (paying for) it, that's where their focus will remain for the foreseeable future.

If you'd like to see more Eberron content, please make a suggestion thread of your own instead of providing negative comments, or at least provide some constructive feedback.
    Last edited by Velluminous; 08-17-2013 at 08:25 AM.
    DDO Player since 2006. Lifetime VIP. Originally from Lhazaar; Now residing on Ghallanda.

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Velluminous View Post
    They're clearly focusing on Forgotten Realms right now. The Shadowfell expansion is expanding the FR universe even more. I seriously doubt we'll see another realm (Greyhawk/Ravenloft/Dark Sun/etc) any time soon, if even at all. And since people are playing (paying for) it, that's where their focus will remain for the foreseeable future.

If you'd like to see more Eberron content, please make a suggestion thread of your own instead of providing negative comments, or at least provide some constructive feedback.
    If someone puts forth a suggestion I am against I will say so and why as is my right as I am a subscriber and spend additional funds and I am not alone in my hatred of the realms you don't want me commenting dont post or put me on ignore and I did post constructive feedback I let it be known I don't like the realms

Beware the Sleepeater

I think Mr Greenwood is deep with Mythic/PWE and NWN, so if that's the case there's probably about zero chances that we get him to do something.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

R.A. Salvatore'd be a more iconic figure for the setting, and would most likely be able to provide a more complexly designed offering.
    Just a consideration.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraphim View Post
    Fly? That would break every quest in the game. You would see folks falling from the sky in Korthos and dying. It would be a rain of newbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    Yeah. It's not "we nuked the city from orbit", it's "the city experienced a brief population drop". Check.

If someone puts forth a suggestion I am against I will say so and why as is my right as I am a subscriber and spend additional funds and I am not alone in my hatred of the realms you don't want me commenting dont post or put me on ignore and I did post constructive feedback I let it be known I don't like the realms
    Your statements (and attitude) are hardly conducive to the topic at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Flavilandile View Post
    I think Mr Greenwood is deep with Mythic/PWE and NWN, so if that's the case there's probably about zero chances that we get him to do something.
    I don't know that he's done anything with PWE's Neverwinter...? If so, they sure didn't make any noise about it. Other than seeing their game is based in the Realms, I can't see any direct involvement from Mr.Greenwood there... Could you tell me how he's involved there?

Quote Originally Posted by Dagolar View Post
    R.A. Salvatore'd be a more iconic figure for the setting, and would most likely be able to provide a more complexly designed offering.
    Just a consideration.
    Perhaps, but my reasoning behind Mr. Greenwood is this: He created Forgotten Realms and Elminster, both of which we have interactions with now. Additionally, he's interested and active with anything Forgotten Realms related. He still answers questions on the Candlekeep forums, has written hundreds of books and Dragon Magazine articles concerning the realms, and has been an active DM and player (since '75) in his own campaign. I feel like he could deliver a very in-depth (even if short) adventure in the FR setting.
    Basically, he's a really nice guy who supports people gaming (oft times for free) and I think he deserves the recognition.

I agree Greenwood would be cool

Community Member

I was introduced to d&d by a little nes game called Pool of Radience. That game was awesome. I'd play it now if my nes still worked. What I'd like to see added to the game is the city of Phlan. I bring this up because I think PoR took place in the Forgotten Realms? Of course I wouldn't mind if they skipped any reference to PoR 2...

Quote Originally Posted by Norean View Post
    I was introduced to d&d by a little nes game called Pool of Radience. That game was awesome. I'd play it now if my nes still worked. What I'd like to see added to the game is the city of Phlan. I bring this up because I think PoR took place in the Forgotten Realms? Of course I wouldn't mind if they skipped any reference to PoR 2...
    PoR was remade several times, across several settings, from AD&D 1st through at least 3rd.
    As far as FR, it had its own trilogy of books, and the 3rd edition computer game (horrifically bad as it was) also took place there.
    So all the lore is presented and accounted for within the setting, so it can certainly be added in some form or another, especially since (while I don't remember if this was true for earlier versions) there are numerous pools about.

Edit: A google search doesn't actually find any non-FR settings; I'd thought it also present in (generic D&D). So yes, should be feasible.
    Last edited by Dagolar; 08-18-2013 at 12:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraphim View Post
    Fly? That would break every quest in the game. You would see folks falling from the sky in Korthos and dying. It would be a rain of newbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    Yeah. It's not "we nuked the city from orbit", it's "the city experienced a brief population drop". Check.

Sorry to bring back this thread from the dead... (Yes, I know, it's been 6 months or so) ...but I just wanted to say "Thank you!" to the staff. I don't know if this thread was seen by someone or if I just happened to ask for something that was already in the works and hadn't been announced at the time... but Thank You.

A big Thank You to Ed Greenwood as well!

More so, THANK YOU!!! for making the adventure an actual printed D&D module!!! I never got to play the AD&D print version so I don't know how much of it converted over to DDO/3.5, but I'm sure you guys made it work.

Yup you called it, and the quest is superb.

Turbine is putting all of its focus on Forgotten Realms.

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Velluminous View Post
    Sorry to bring back this thread from the dead... (Yes, I know, it's been 6 months or so) ...but I just wanted to say "Thank you!" to the staff. I don't know if this thread was seen by someone or if I just happened to ask for something that was already in the works and hadn't been announced at the time... but Thank You.

A big Thank You to Ed Greenwood as well!

More so, THANK YOU!!! for making the adventure an actual printed D&D module!!! I never got to play the AD&D print version so I don't know how much of it converted over to DDO/3.5, but I'm sure you guys made it work.

Working with Ed was already in the cards when this thread was originally made. This is an example of reading a thread and thinking, "Well SOMEONE's gonna be happy in (insert length of time here.)"
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dagolar View Post
    Just a consideration.
    Author of the most boring fantasy novels ever?
    No, thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    No, thanks.
    Ding ding ding we have a winner although I don't say he is the most boring he is darn close I place he slightly less boring than Mr. Greenwood himself and there are a couple of others although they slip my mind at the moment.

Beware the Sleepeater

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by kilagan800 View Post
    Sad but true

Beware the Sleepeater

Theres a plan to add Salvatore or Troy Denning or Richard Lee Byers too?

Quote Originally Posted by kilagan800 View Post
    As is wizards of the coast. I bet they are telling Turbine where they can expand and where they can't.
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    No, thanks.
    Well thats your opinion, I really had fun reading his books 15 years ago...
    Argonnessen: Hilmir - Purkilius - Jinu - Vignir @ Blood Assassin´s

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast