Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Community Member

PS : Bladeforged or toaster comments in high heal amp self sufficient melee build thread.
    I just scroll healed level 25 bladeforged paladin with Celestia and black set for bloody 79 hp. Jesus Christ.
    That is all, thank you.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicMew View Post
    Also, bladeforged is getting a huge powerboost with the expansion including reconstruct, and U20 will allow bladeforged reincarnation. At that point unfortunately, pyrene will be outdated.
    Every build is only one patch away from being nerfed into oblivion. If we let that bother us, we'd've stopped playing ages ago...
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Veles View Post
    PS : Bladeforged or toaster comments in high heal amp self sufficient melee build thread.
    I just scroll healed level 25 bladeforged paladin with Celestia and black set for bloody 79 hp. Jesus Christ.
    That is all, thank you.
    Bladeforged w/ mediocre gear != good player

Tokun PDK 12 Monk/4 Paladin/4 Fighter (3x Fighter, Monk, Paladin, Ranger, Rogue/2x Bard, Barbarian PL)
    Tekllin Human 20 Sorc (3x Sorc, Wiz PL)
    Jadokis Purple Dragon Knight 18 Barbarian/1 Favored Soul/1 Fighter (3x Bard, Fighter, Monk, Paladin, Rogue/2x Favored Soul/Heroic and Epic Completionist)
    Degenerate Matter

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Takllin View Post
    Why not drop Precise Shot and Quicken in favor of THF and ITHF? More DPS and with the change to archers focus precise shot loses a lot of the luster. Quicken you don't need IMO, it's a waste of 10 sp each cast.
    I can see giving up quicken, as I rarely use CSW any more. Cocoon is usually more than enough, unless I'm being crazy and deliberately aggroing more mobs than I should. Precise shot is a must IMO. The two situations where I range with this build is when trying to start a blitz in LD or when Adrenaline/Fury Manyshotting. In either case you really want your arrows to hit the targeted mob.

And this build easily translates over to WF or Bladeforged. Fleshies are better because of the healing amp but not required.
    This build would be terrible on a WF. Cocoon and CSW would both heal for miserable amounts, so you would be unable to heal yourself in EEs. Bladeforged could work, depending on how the Reconstruct SLA and repair spells are implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceruleus View Post
    I can see giving up quicken, as I rarely use CSW any more. Cocoon is usually more than enough, unless I'm being crazy and deliberately aggroing more mobs than I should. Precise shot is a must IMO. The two situations where I range with this build is when trying to start a blitz in LD or when Adrenaline/Fury Manyshotting. In either case you really want your arrows to hit the targeted mob.

This build would be terrible on a WF. Cocoon and CSW would both heal for miserable amounts, so you would be unable to heal yourself in EEs. Bladeforged could work, depending on how the Reconstruct SLA and repair spells are implemented.
    With Archers Focus being fixed, it's not as good anymore. I suppose it's personal preference but I've never had issues getting blitz started without precise shot, and I'd rather have ITHF.

On a base first life WF with no healing amp sure. But give some paladin last lives and healing all gear and it's not as bad as you think. Plus LoH gives a lot more for WF. The repair spells are currently in the game, and blade forged are only set to become better with the enhancement pass. Sure it's not as good as a human heing amp wise, but it's not terrible either.

And yes I've played both human and wf paladins. It's more about the player than the race or class.

Tokun PDK 12 Monk/4 Paladin/4 Fighter (3x Fighter, Monk, Paladin, Ranger, Rogue/2x Bard, Barbarian PL)
    Tekllin Human 20 Sorc (3x Sorc, Wiz PL)
    Jadokis Purple Dragon Knight 18 Barbarian/1 Favored Soul/1 Fighter (3x Bard, Fighter, Monk, Paladin, Rogue/2x Favored Soul/Heroic and Epic Completionist)
    Degenerate Matter

Community Member

Default Hey

?iyo there...I've been following ur build sith and so far i like it a lot.. but i got some questions to ask cos im confused a lot...im going 15/3/2/ pal ranger monk ...im using hotd.. should i go DoS? and also..are the enhancements u posted correcT? dont we want to reach maximum hp? shouldnt i be boosting atk and con (toughness and stuff)? taking all these enhancements makes it complicated a bit .I already have tr-ed ribopaido to juggernaut and i love it..But pyrene though it ROCKS bro.. makes me confused..please help

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ribopaido View Post
    ?iyo there...I've been following ur build sith and so far i like it a lot.. but i got some questions to ask cos im confused a lot...im going 15/3/2/ pal ranger monk ...im using hotd.. should i go DoS? and also..are the enhancements u posted correcT? dont we want to reach maximum hp? shouldnt i be boosting atk and con (toughness and stuff)? taking all these enhancements makes it complicated a bit .I already have tr-ed ribopaido to juggernaut and i love it..But pyrene though it ROCKS bro.. makes me confused..please help
    HotD while leveling, DoS for epic levels. DoS gives you the extra PRR which makes a big difference in EEs. However, it does depend on what content you run. If I run raids I'm usually always in FotW, in which case DoS is worthless, because you need to be raged for FotW, i.e. be out of stance. You don't really want to reach maximum hp, no. In stance this build breaks 1000hp, and you really don't need to spend 3/4 APs getting an extra 20-30 hp. There's so much good stuff to choose from to increase your DPS, that it's hard to fit too many APs for HP (which are kind of a bad investment anyway).
    Ceruleus ~ Nnomad ~ Nnia ~ Nnurgh ~ Cynnical
    Cannith

Community Member

Oh gotcha..Thank you very much

I'm curious, how will enhancement pass affect the Pyrene?
    There's the obvious defender nerfs (less str+con, no 15% hp increase), but will that ruin the build?

I've rolled one on lam, but 1) It doesn't have the (bad) gear my monkcher has, 2) I can't really compare it to live, because I haven't rolled a paladin in over a year. (and that was a vet II experiment)

Lama is currently gagged with an NDA. You could speculate based on the pre-NDA previews, but probably the best bet is to just wait until the NDA is lifted before worrying about it.

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Lama is currently gagged with an NDA. You could speculate based on the pre-NDA previews, but probably the best bet is to just wait until the NDA is lifted before worrying about it.
    Bah, I've never noticed people taking the NDA seriously.

My question was because I've had enough of being a monkcher, and want to TR - seeming I prefer melee w/ manyshot+self healing, that leaves 1) Juggernaut, 2) Pyrene, or 3) Something similar.
    Seeming I already have a juggernaut at cap, that leaves 2) and 3)

Hence my question - I don't really want to use the LR +20 to fix a paladin if it's a lot worse than at present. Might be saving it for a "barbarian" life

So, perhaps a better question: Is this viable without defensive stance, if need be? ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfurnace View Post
    Bah, I've never noticed people taking the NDA seriously.

My question was because I've had enough of being a monkcher, and want to TR - seeming I prefer melee w/ manyshot+self healing, that leaves 1) Juggernaut, 2) Pyrene, or 3) Something similar.
    Seeming I already have a juggernaut at cap, that leaves 2) and 3)

Hence my question - I don't really want to use the LR +20 to fix a paladin if it's a lot worse than at present. Might be saving it for a "barbarian" life

So, perhaps a better question: Is this viable without defensive stance, if need be? ^^
    This is still very viable without the stance and if you run fotw in raids you already have to deal with out the stance so it won't hurt the build. As I saw the enhancements it looked good for the pryene and all you have to do is think a little outside of the box.
    Dragxon Dragbon Dreadclaw Ponth Frass
    Zerg

I'm curious, how will enhancement pass affect the Pyrene?
    I came back to the game a few days ago, and I'm curious as well to see how the build will be affected by the enhancement pass.

As a side note, I was happy to see some Pyrene builds logged on both on Khyber & Thelanis

Unfortunately, I have no access to Lammania and I was told what's on the wiki is completely outdated.

At this point, I'm a capped sorc on my main toon, I will either TR into a ranged toon or make a variant of the Pyrene (I heard from guildies Kensai III will have 15 levels as prereq, so 15 fighter / 3 ranger / 2 paladin comes to my mind. Heavy armor with focus on Saves, PRR & Healing Amp.)

I'm guessing we will have to wait for 2 more weeks before we can all start doing some thinking!

Sithali-1 ~ 31/31 Lives ~ Completionist
    OMNIPRESENCE
    The Sith Project ~ Youtube channel ~ Sithali, King of Burst DPS ~ Pyrene, the Endgame Paladin ~ Facebook!

I'm playing this build right now for a Pally life on my TR project. I'm enjoying it so much that it may just end up being my final build. I think that 36pt. build option, lots of tomes under one's belt, and good gear banked is a must for this set-up.... you could try it with a first life toon, but it'll be more fun when it's got some of the perks to back it up.

Seems like there is some room for customization as well. I've only got her up to level 16, so I'm still debating whether to go 3 ranger or 3 monk, and there may be some gear tweaks as well. I should see if the enhancement pass is still up on Lama- that'll likely change a few things, too.

Overall, nice build. I have to admit that my guildies scoffed when I told them I would be on a Pally life, but they were impressed after taking a look at this build page. I'll update again when I cap out.

Thanks for posting the build for us to try!
    ~ Pallai, Chennai, Saraphima~
    ~Shipbuff, Sophalia, Northenstar ~
    ~ Ascent~

Bump!

With the NDA lifted, can anyone compare how the Pyrene is on live to enhancement pass?

I've TR'd my monkcher into a slightly different Pyrene (due to feats requirements changing), but I can't compare to live; short of speculation, that is.

With the NDA lifted, can anyone compare how the Pyrene is on live to enhancement pass?
    Couple quick thoughts:

1) Devotion will be a non-issue, in that the first level of ranger splash lets you take 75 devotion for 5 AP.
    2) You may want to kick another 2 points into int so you can max out the heal skill, which gives 1:1 devotion.
    3) Divine Might now gives an insightful strength bonus equal to cha mod, which does not stack with insightful strength items. (Vargouille confirmed this is WAI.) On the plus side it casts as fast as divine favor, lasts up to 2:00 and has no base cha requirement.

Community Member TheLegendOfAra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Couple quick thoughts:

1) Devotion will be a non-issue, in that the first level of ranger splash lets you take 75 devotion for 5 AP.
    2) You may want to kick another 2 points into int so you can max out the heal skill, which gives 1:1 devotion.
    3) Divine Might now gives an insightful strength bonus equal to cha mod, which does not stack with insightful strength items. (Vargouille confirmed this is WAI.) On the plus side it casts as fast as divine favor, lasts up to 2:00 and has no base cha requirement.
    So confused on why they would change DM this way.. But I guess maybe this opens up a gear slot for something else if you plan on using DM all the time? Maybe swap that +3 Planar Focus for something else and rearrange gear a bit.

Also, I've been wondering(Can't load lammaland myself so can't check) Did the lessen the Feat requirements for certain Pre's, or did they just get rid of feat requirements all together?(Specifically interested in Ranger feat Prereqs, but would just be good to know in general.)

I also don't quite understand the way class level affects your ability to get class enhancements anymore. Looking at the wiki(Not sure if outdated or not) and it seemed like if I splashed 5 levels of any class I could I have access to the top tier enhancements for that class? Is this correct or was I just misunderstanding things? Lol
    Araphina Skycrow - 15Paladin/3Ranger/2Fighter (Life10/25) 5xRanger, 3xPaladin, 2xMonk
    Araphell - Arasin - Arathaes - Arawyn - Aravein
    Guild: Fors Fortis;Guild of Won, & VENOM @ Argo
    "And we learn, as we age; We've learned nothing! And my body still aches."

Community Member

many feats prereqs are gone. some are left, e.g. you need Power Attack for Improved Power Attack or Dodge feat for some Dodge enhancements.

Five levels indeed gives you access to tier 5 enhancements. Only core class enhancements have higher class level requirements, up to 20 for capstone.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    many feats prereqs are gone. some are left, e.g. you need Power Attack for Improved Power Attack or Dodge feat for some Dodge enhancements.
    To clarify: the feat pre-reqs for accessing PrEs seem to be gone, although some feats should still be considered de facto requirements (e.g., Weapon Focus / Spec feats for Kensei tree). So the good news is Pyrene no longer needs Diehard (or any other feat) to take the SD-nee-DoS PrE tree; the bad news is defensive stances have been nerfed for non-S&B builds. Rgr 4 / monk 2 is still a solid choice for this build, though, for free Prec Shot + Ram's Might (particularly with the changes to Divine Might), as long as you're fine with only one lvl 4 pally spell slot.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendOfAra View Post
    Also, I've been wondering(Can't load lammaland myself so can't check) Did the lessen the Feat requirements for certain Pre's, or did they just get rid of feat requirements all together?(Specifically interested in Ranger feat Prereqs, but would just be good to know in general.)
    Rangers no longer have any feat prereqs. As far as I'm aware, all prestige feat prereqs are gone from the game except kensei.

(Tempest, arcane archer, archmage, pale master shrouds, radiant servant, sacred defender; none require any feats.)

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast