Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Default The Stone of Experience

For a limited time only, take advantage of DDO’s newest limited time promotional item the Stone of Experience. Click here to learn more!

Quote from link: "Who can I apply a Stone to
    You can use a Stone on any character that is between level 8 and level 15. Share the Stones with a friend or use on a True Reincarnated Character or alt. Only one character per account, per game world, may gain the benefits of the Stone."

I must have missed the change allowing TRs to use a stone, thank you!
    Last edited by madmaxhunter; 06-04-2012 at 12:09 PM.
    Completionist Lighthardtt Tuisian of Sarlona
    leader emeritus, Bridge Burners

"Just another day in pair-o'-dice"

Sounding a bit schizophrenic, there:
    "How many Stones will I receive?

Now start your new character at level 7 and gain a head start! Earn through favor or purchase in the DDO Store!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraphim View Post
    Fly? That would break every quest in the game. You would see folks falling from the sky in Korthos and dying. It would be a rain of newbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    Yeah. It's not "we nuked the city from orbit", it's "the city experienced a brief population drop". Check.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    For a limited time only, take advantage of DDO’s newest limited time promotional item the Stone of Experience. Click here to learn more!
    So if I have 2 characters on different servers, does this:

"Only one character per account, per game world, may gain the benefits of the Stone."

That each of those characters can get the stones?

Oh BTW, how time limited, is time limited? ( you knew someone was going to ask that sooner or later)
    Where is my GREATBOW???

Is the number of stones received a per-game-world thing? What are the specifics on that?
    Imperium Sacrum, Thelanis
    If you aren't playing with others, you're just playing with yourself.
    Aachener Arcanabot Bayerische Burgundian Etaijin Hannoverian Holsteinian Koelner Liladrache Pzkpfwiiil Savoyer Schlesien Silesian Tyrolean Westphalian

Quote Originally Posted by Thalmor View Post
    So if I have 2 characters on different servers, does this:

"Only one character per account, per game world, may gain the benefits of the Stone."

That each of those characters can get the stones?

Oh BTW, how time limited, is time limited? ( you knew someone was going to ask that sooner or later)
    The behavior is basically the same on each server, so long as you have a level 16 on that server. You couldn't for example get a stone on Orien if your level 16 character is on Sarlona.

You have until U15 in August to use them up. Use them or lose them, they vaporize from the game world once U15 is here.

Sorry for being dense, and for not checking it on Lamannia, but what does the Stone of Experience actually do? What does it confer? An additional XP bonus? Straight, raw XP that can be used for leveling up?

Nothing in the collateral shares what the stones actually do.

If you equip them on a hotbar to activate them how do you activate them on an alt? By definition you and your alt can't be online at the same time. Unless you and a guildie do a "you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours?"

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by arminius View Post
    If you equip them on a hotbar to activate them how do you activate them on an alt? By definition you and your alt can't be online at the same time. Unless you and a guildie do a "you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours?"
    Shared bank or mailed.

I have ultra rare wolf pup and now you are just giving them to everyone. Well, almost time to put the puppy down. You had a good run puppy but I cant have you if everyone else has you, looks like you are going to the farm upstate.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Maxallu View Post
    I have ultra rare wolf pup and now you are just giving them to everyone. Well, almost time to put the puppy down. You had a good run puppy but I cant have you if everyone else has you, looks like you are going to the farm upstate.
    The stones give you a snow panther not a wolf.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cauthey View Post
    Sorry for being dense, and for not checking it on Lamannia, but what does the Stone of Experience actually do? What does it confer? An additional XP bonus? Straight, raw XP that can be used for leveling up?

Nothing in the collateral shares what the stones actually do.
    From what I understand as soon as you accept you get the xp to place you at level 16. Then you go talk to your trainer.

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

Only one character per account, per game world, may gain the benefits of the Stone.
    If I get to level 8, eat a stone, and then hit level 20 and TR that character, will I be able to eat another stone when I hit level 8 on that same character again?

page doesn't tell us what it does!!!11one

Garth

Garth 20/ftr (Kensei) Haeson 20/clr Cairis 12/ftr 6/rgr 2/rog Xortan 20/wiz
    Tinosa 20/brd Garthbot 20/fvs Gaarth 18/ftr 1/rgr 1/rog (Stal Def)
    Tibetan 20/mnk Automatic DDO raid timers Haezon 20/sor (Conj)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Garth_of_Sarlona View Post
    page doesn't tell us what it does!!!11one

Garth
    You drag it to your hotbar (or to use on yourself double-click it in inventory) and then target an amenable 8th-15th level character, it will then give that character enough experience to level to 16. I assume the target character gets a dialogue asking if they want it and warning that they may only be the benefiary of one such stone per account per game world.

You then go to the mailbox and grab another, rinse and repeat.
    Last edited by MrkGrismer; 06-04-2012 at 02:45 PM. Reason: changed amendable to amenable... silly me.

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

Be sure to read the info page - those of you who may have tried the item in Beta may find slightly different behavior than you experienced before (e.g. target friend instead of trading it, only 1 "extra" stone sent via mail, use it on yourself via inventory)

Quote Originally Posted by MrkGrismer View Post
    You drag it to your hotbar (or to use on yourself double-click it in inventory) and then target an amendable 8th-15th level character, it will then give that character enough experience to level to 16.
    thanks!

Tolero - can the page perhaps be amended to say this - currently the 'what is the stone of experience' question has the same answer to the 'Who is eligible to receive a Stone of Experience?' Perhaps a mistake?

Garth

Garth 20/ftr (Kensei) Haeson 20/clr Cairis 12/ftr 6/rgr 2/rog Xortan 20/wiz
    Tinosa 20/brd Garthbot 20/fvs Gaarth 18/ftr 1/rgr 1/rog (Stal Def)
    Tibetan 20/mnk Automatic DDO raid timers Haezon 20/sor (Conj)

Be sure to read the info page - those of you who may have tried the item in Beta may find slightly different behavior than you experienced before (e.g. target friend instead of trading it, only 1 "extra" stone sent via mail, use it on yourself via inventory)
    Tolero, you might need to edit the page again, because it doesn't actually explain what the Stone of Experience *does*. It also doesn't fully explain the differences (if any) between using it on yourself versus using it on a friend. This is the kind of thing where you can head off a lot of future angst from wasted Stones if things are explained well upfront.

hi nice to have this is live too. tested both versions of it in the beta.
    one question tho:
    says this promotion last till 20th of August. does this mean u can only have the stones up to that date. or that also the stones you have won't work past that time. like, can i keep one for later use and use it past the 20th of August?
    ^^^^^^^^
    This Side UP

Community Member GentlemanAndAScholar's Avatar

Let me see if I got the jist of this. I got with any of my lvl20's alts to the said NPC. He will give me the stones. I can then place in account bank, my lvl 8-15 character can then grab, place in hotbar and target self. This will bring a dialog asking me if I'm sure I want to use it. Right? Now, if I wanted to level up, say, only to 15, but not 16 (due to XP tactics for a TRx3 toon) is that possible? Also, once that same character reaches lvl 16, will it open up the stone again for a different toon in the account? This rocks, btw, from someone who, due to work and family, has had time-to-play reduced to a few hours/week from a few hours/day back in '07
    Coldflame | Toord and many horrible experiments.
    True Join Date: Circa mid 2007. Still a noob. My simple forum rules: http://pastebin.com/ftE2V1GG

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast