Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
    Community Member Gandalfs_Ghost's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oweieie View Post
    ... and getting dex high enough for twf...
    Im pretty certain enhancements do not work for twf qualifications. If that was what you were implying.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalfs_Ghost View Post
    Im pretty certain enhancements do not work for twf qualifications. If that was what you were implying.
    He wasn't. He was saying rogue-splashed dps classes largely have to dump int because they have to spend so many points on str, con, and getting dex high enough to qualify for the TWF line. This leaves precious few skill points for trapmonkeying, but hey, at least you can make it through the early levels if you find a nice collection of +13 trapmonkey reign rings.

In that sense, yes they are overpowered at low levels, but no moreso than other things that are officially sanctioned by the devs, such as Superior Stability at level 3.

However, I disagree with the characterization that reign rings are the easier solution compared to crafting up high-powered twink tramponkey rings. (+7 ML3, +10 ML5) The crafted alternative is far easier.

Quote Originally Posted by MRMechMan View Post
    Unbalancing...people clicking and farming DOZENS of +3 tomes, selling knock wands from cove and plat capping every character you have, entire servers sharing BTA items...people hawking SoS shards in trade channels...

those need a cutoff. Right away. Because they unbalance the game. They encourage people NOT to run content! Run a VOD? Nah, platcapped off of cove then bought all my +3 tomes. Run an Evon6? Nah, got my SoS shard, have never even ran EVON6.

Not these rings, they are not unbalancing in any major way. And they encourage people to actually DO the content!
    Well said, totally agreed. They should consider this bug to be a "happy accident" like that bearded painter guy on public television back in the 80s and just leave it in the game as a nice game mechanic that encourages people to run content. And by the nature of the chain, it encourages people to run it in groups, since it's so much faster in the first and last quests than it is to solo. (The middle two are equally fast regardless of party size.)

EDIT: Crud, I meant to edit this into the previous post but hit the wrong button. Apologies for the double-post.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011