2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

Default Dragontouched armor mistakes?

Accidently used the wrong rune on my armor today. Anyway to fix this or do I have to get 50 more runes and make a new set of armor?

Quote Originally Posted by axel15810 View Post
    Accidently used the wrong rune on my armor today. Anyway to fix this or do I have to get 50 more runes and make a new set of armor?
    Applying a rune of the same type (eldritch / tempest / sovereign) replaces the old effect. So just apply the one you want and you'll be fine.
    Thelanis: Nassim* (F12/P6/M2) - Talienor** (P18/Ra2) - Feithlin** (F12/Bd7/C1) - Stoneoak* (F12/M6/P2) - Hokusai (M17/F2/C1) - Ardence* (Bd15/F3/Ro2) - Matsushiro* (Ro11/M6/P3) | Argonessen: Luneargent (W18/Ro2) - Talienor (Ro20) - Takshir (Bd16/F2/Ro2) - Hiacynthe (C20) | Ghallanda: A bunch of pre DDO Unlimited characters (field of testing for post U19 )

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Feithlin View Post
    Applying a rune of the same type (eldritch / tempest / sovereign) replaces the old effect. So just apply the one you want and you'll be fine.
    Awesome! Thanks. I was freaking out for minute there, thinking I was going to have to spend hours doing rune runs.

Quote Originally Posted by axel15810 View Post
    Awesome! Thanks. I was freaking out for minute there, thinking I was going to have to spend hours doing rune runs.
    Unless it's a really useless rune like say FF, you might want to keep it on and make a second armor.
    I have right now 2 robes that can be insta-switched for different scenarios (the reason I did not take leathers) and when I level back up, will probably make a third. Some players have many.

If you do make another one, I would recommend getting the other kind (there is a robe and an outfit) so you can tell which one you are using.

It's not that much of a grind
    ~~ Adrunil - Rogue. Halfling, big guy you can't miss him. ~~
    ~~ Adrunel - Monkcher. (Moncher?) ~~
    Robodoc - FvS Evoker-Healer. Post 19: Ended up LRing into 13/7 forc
    Orien server.

One of the most common runs to get runes is to grind out prey on the hunter, as it gives tempest runes that can be combined in the altar to make a sovereign rune, which can then itself be broken down (by using a draconic rune) into a selection of eldritch & maybe tempest runes.

You're probably far less likely to get the rune you want this way vs. running the other quests with a group & sharing them around, but prey is a fast & relatively easy one to rush through either with groups or solo - you can do it on casual, as it will drop runes & essences normally... it's only SoS itself that only has a 50% chance of a rune from sor'jeks chest.
    I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was, now what's it is weird and scary to me.

Community Member

Unless it has been changed, it is not a sure thing to get a tempest rune on casual where it does drop on normal and above. I have been on the losing end on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Khyse View Post
    Unless it has been changed, it is not a sure thing to get a tempest rune on casual where it does drop on normal and above. I have been on the losing end on this.
    Prey has a static chest. It matters not the diff, the chest ALWAYS, ALWAYS has the toothpick, 5-15 draconic, the ebberon essence, and tempest rune. no other chest in the game acts like preys, but since preys is a 'static' chest (IE like chests with keys) the items are always there. casual or elite, same chest.

Optimal way to obtain your runes is cycling Prey & SoS.

Buy the Siberys & Khyber essences with the 50 draconic runes you got from previous SoS run and do Prey for the Eberron essence. That gets you flagged for a new SoS. Save the 50 draconic runes at the end for next cycle. This will net you a sovereign rune, tempest rune and some excess draconic runes from prey. Crunch what you don't need to get different runes.

Quote Originally Posted by SSFWEl View Post
    It's not that much of a grind
    I don't think that word means what you think it means.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyDuck81 View Post
    it's only SoS itself that only has a 50% chance of a rune from sor'jeks chest.
    I once ran ETK casual in a group and only one of us (me) pulled an eldritch rune. It was the exact type one of us was looking for so I passed it to him and just went runeless.

I believe you about Prey, but no way I'm running any of the others on casual.