Community Member

Default +1 Prefix Sword of Suffixing to +2

I know this has been asked before but please help me out and provide a quick answer:

Can I go from +1 Prefix Weapon of Suffixing to +2 (or +3) directly without deconstruct?
    Can I go from Prefix Weapon of Suffixing to +1 (or +2) directly without deconstruct?
    Can I go from +1 Weapon of Suiffixing directly to +1 Prefix Weapon of Suffixing?
    Can I go from +1 Weapon of Lesser Something Bane directly to +1 of Bane or of Greater Bane?

I am sure this is in the wiki someplace obvious but if you could oblige me by either direct reference or quick answers to these I'd appreciate it.

Once a weapon has an enhancement value, prefix, or suffix that can not be changed without deconstructing.

You cannot change a +1 to a +3 without deconstructing it.

You can build an item in any order you like and it doesn't matter how much time passes.

If you want a +5 holy silver of GLOB as your end product, you can craft it as a holy weapon, play it for a few levels, go back and add the +5, play a little more, then add the GLOB.

If you decide you want holy burst instead of holy, you will have to deconstruct the weapon and start over.

I see where you're going with this, OP, so to answer your specific questions with specific answers:

Can I go from +1 Prefix Weapon of Suffixing to +2 (or +3) directly without deconstruct?
    No.

Can I go from Prefix Weapon of Suffixing to +1 (or +2) directly without deconstruct?
    Yes.

Can I go from +1 Weapon of Suiffixing directly to +1 Prefix Weapon of Suffixing?
    Yes.

Can I go from +1 Weapon of Lesser Something Bane directly to +1 of Bane or of Greater Bane?
    No.

EDIT: A very effective strategy in making your banes is to start with just the bane for ML3, add Holy (or whatever) for ML7, slap a +1 on it for ML9, then when you're high enough level to wield the finished weapon disjunct it once and remake it from scratch. This minimizes the recrafting needed.

Note that when doing this approach, there are a non-trivial amount of mobs with DR/magic, which means your weapon won't break their dr until you get at least a +1 on the front of it. Wraiths are an example of this, but there are others. That's why I suggest slapping a +1 on it asap.

Community Member

Thanks for both responses, exactly what I was asking...now to sort out my needs...